Getting Started

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BarryTheDrum 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am 54 years old and have been using my own version of the 5:2 diet for around 2 months now and have fasted 10 days in total. Weight loss has been 10 kilos. This is an excellent ‘start’ and I feel very well. Would encourage others to gradually ‘acclimatize’ to fasting – get your body use to the experience/moods; be very careful with food intake on non-fasting days; keep H2O hydrated; and try to do some cardio and weights exercise, minimum 30-45 minutes 3-4 times a week. Also remember you are on a life changing journey – have patience. Good luck. BTD

Well done Barry.
    Sounds as if you have 5:2 sussed 🙂

Dear Lindyw, many thanks for your encouragement. For me, 5:2 is very much ‘work in progress’ and I am learning every week. I think it is important to recognize that many people have developed dysfunctional and unhealthy eating patterns in response to negative/painful feelings, often around anger and disappointment towards others. Understanding this defensive/coping process can be a great motivator to change. BTD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.