gaining on this diet

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Botany Bill 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hello everyone,

I have read and been on this diet for about 6 weeks, have lost 10 pounds, but have just recently started to gain back again, the only thing I have done differently is move my fast day from Mondays and Wednesdays to Monday and Thursday, what could I be doing wrong, I eat on my fast days crackers and 1 diet dinner entree, I drink water and Diet Mountain Dew so Iam not sure why I have gained. can anyone relate?

Hello Dombro62,
    I´m afraid I haven´t managed to get started properly yet so can´t help you at all but I hope someone can get back to you who can do so.
    Have you been gaining regularly ? how long for ? If you´re female could water retention have anything to do with it ?

How about you keep a food diary for a week to check for any other changes ?

If it´s only a week or so of gain I´d say stick with it. I think our bodies gain and drop weight sometimes without apparent reason but settles back down soon.
    Do you have very much more to lose ?

All the best anyway and well done on dropping 10 pounds.

xx

dombro62: You give the foods, but not the total calories, you eat on fast days. How many calories does it come to?

I’d suggest forgoing the diet soda and see what happens. I remember reading something in the past that artificial sweeteners may still trigger our brain to make fat as natural sugars do.

Also curious how many you have of the Diet Mountain Dew. It contains a lot of caffeine, too much of which can deplete your adrenal glands. This can lead to a loss in energy, which some compensate for by eating sugars. I’m completely shooting in the dark here, but perhaps you overeat sugars/carbs on your non-fasting days. Sugars/carbs lead directly to fat storage and, possibly, weight gain.

Just a few thoughts…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.