Gained in first week

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  galexinda 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi, I started this diet last week and fasted Tuesday and Wednesday. Went down from 10st 9 on Tuesday to 10st 7 on Thursday.I must have gone more overboard at the weekend than I realised – gained 1 pound and up to 10st 10 today! It’s really disheartening as I was hoping for about a 2lb weight loss. Has anyone else found that they’ve gained/stayed the same in the first week and it’s come off after? I’m determined not to mess it up this week.

I am looking to lose 2lb per week for a wedding at holiday at the beginning of August, and just feel like I’m off to a bad start.

Hi there

I think when people start on 5:2 they take it “literally” that they can eat what they like on the other days. You need to work out your TDEE and you BMR which you can do if you click the FD Tracker. Once you know that then on your non fast days you should stick to the intake calculated on there.

Also drink lots of water and exercise if you can on your fast days as it does speed up your metabolism.

You don’t say what age or height you are – 10 stone 7lbs is not so heavy so maybe you don’t have a lot to lose 🙂

Thank you! Yes I’m going to track on fitnesspal on my non-fasting days in the hope that this won’t happene again. I hurt my knee doing a 10k last weekend so have let the exercise go whilst it gets better, I’m nearly there (I hope).

My TDEE is about 1600cals which seems like a lot. But I must have averaged out as more than that per day on my non-fast days last week, otherwise it would have come off. Too much wine probably!

I drink about 4 litres of water a day so doing ok on that front. I’m fasting today and it’s helping.

I’m 5ft 2 so it’s big for me, my heaviest was 11st 4 in 2010 and my lightest (a couple of years ago) was 9st 12. I need to get back under 10st to feel comfortable in my clothes.

Thank you again.

Well it is possible to lose 2 lbs per week if you are really good but even 1 lb per week is great. Once you don’t go overboard on the non fast days you will be fine. Good luck

Thanks! Would it be worth trying 4:3 this week? Does anyone ever do three days in a row on their 4:3 if you can manage it, or should you always have intervals of normal eating days?

I have done 4:3 on occasion but not 3 days in a row! Maybe Monday, Wednesday & Friday. You only started last week so I would do 5:2 to start with and then maybe the week before you go on holiday do 4:3 just to give you weight loss a boost.

Thanks – I think this week has just made me a bit impatient! Thanks for your advice.

No worries hope it goes well for you 🙂

Hi nightswimming,

I’m the same height as you and my start weight was 139 lb and I entered all the information on the Tracker.

I notice you fasted two consecutive days last week which isn’t recommended – ie plan to do two non-consecutive fast days per week eg Monday and Thursday. I tend to fit my fast days round my social life so don’t have any set days each week and but I think most people decide on the two days each week and keep to it.
    I use a food tracker to record everything I consume to get used to portion sizes and calories and eat within my TDEE on non-fast days and over 8 weeks lost 2lb per week. I am currently 127 lb and my goal weight is 125 lb.

Good Luck – it’s early days and everyone is different, but I can guarantee you’ll soon feel much more energetic, the inches will go and the scales will soon be more favourable!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.