Funny turn?!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  peanut 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi all
    I am coming towards the end of my second week on 5:2 and am really enjoying eating like this. I have a long history of depression and this last week have felt the best I have felt for years, in my first week I lost 6.25 lbs (imagine this will slow to a healthy loss rate).
    My query is though ……yesterday was a non fast day and I had fruit for breakfast followed by a nice sized cottage cheese salad for lunch (pretty standard intake for me on a work day), at tea time I fancied some rubbish and with the better half being away for the weekend I tucked into some crisps and choc. About 30 min later I very suddenly felt extremely sick, got up to run to the bathroom and felt really faint so dropped onto all fours, then had to crawl to loo, shaky and a bit panicked and was sick (apologise for detail!). I felt rotten for a fair 5 min then crawled to bed and laid feeling very odd. Today is also a non fast day but I have not felt like eating all day and the roof of my mouth is extremely sore.
    Does this sound familiar to anyone? I wondered if it was a bad sugar rush (had far less than I might have if I had a pig out before starting 5:2) or if I have just had a bit of a bug?
    Thanks

hi peanut, this has happened to me as well same combo of chocolate and crisps, felt really unwell and was sick, id not had those two items in many weeks, something id eaten very often before 5 2, it could of just been a bug or your body rejecting the fats both are very high in fat, it hasnt happened since but i do take more care now not to over do it. xx

I had something similar yesterday. Had my first fast day the day prior.
    Probably not great timing, but went to a cooking party, so did over indulge a bit in the afternoon. My body completely rejected it.

I will be sure not to do that again, as it was awful.

So glad to read this post! I had a similar situation today. But it was with a bit of fried food, something I don’t normally eat, even before 5:2. I felt horrible & thought I was going to be sick but never did. But it was a good hour before I felt normal again.

Thanks for replies!

Sounds like this might be a positive thing then, my body adjusting and my tolerance levels changing.
    It’s certainly going to make me think before I eat anything like that again!

Feel fine today and mood remains better than ever!

Good luck everyone x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.