Flu-like symptoms

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Angelnina1977 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi,
    I am in my 3rd week of fasting and am finding that the diet works well for me. I have lost 6 pound and in the beginning actually looked forward to my fast days to feel leaner and healthier. However, by the end of each fast day I experience aches, cough, sore throat, headache and just feel like you do at the start of a really bad cold or flu. It’s starting to get me down and then makes me dread my next fast day. Has anyone else been through this? Any hints or tips? At the moment, I just take paracetamol and go to bed early!

I’m feeling a bit like that today too, could be that I spent 5 hours at the park shivering and fasting with the kids!

I guess the obvious thing would be to make sure you’re fully hydrated?

Hi Angellnina1977 This is a post I made on “Hello Southern Hemispherites” thread on these forum pages this week. So you’re not alone. Also do a search on this site for “Ketosis Flu” – its quite interesting. Have lost 1.5 kg in 9 days – I’m happy.
    My Post
    “Same for me – it’s the start of my second week & third fasting day. Started last Monday and had dropped 1.1kg by Friday morning! Had a normal weekend eating/drinking, party, cake, etc and this morning (1 week from start) I’m still down .9kg. So, I’m thrilled. I believe some people say that this is how it goes for the first week with quite a dramatic weight loss. But even if it’s half that for this coming week I’ll be happy. Aiming to lose about 5kg in total. Hubby is now getting interested & talking about joining me! Using MyFitnessPal to record my meals is great. Only negative for me so far was that I felt sick from Tue-Sun. I read somewhere on this site about the “Ketosis Flu” (as a result of fasting), of which I had most of the symptoms. I stuck with it anyway and still exercised. Today I feel much better. So whether it was a bug or this mystery “flu” I don’t know. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Good luck this week everyone. Any thanks for all the support…it makes a real difference. x

Hi all,
    Thanks for the info re ketosis flu. I will do some research on it. Little wing, I too was out in the cold with the children most of yesterday and am feeling rather rubbish today. Not a good start to my second fast day!
    Xxx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.