Fit February

This topic contains 283 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  AT 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 284 total)

• second post

@calicocat Well done on yesterday’s successful FD; are you finding fewer carbs on the day before a FD to be helpful? I’ll look forward to your report in the morning!

Day 17, NFD, NZ
    Happy to say I made it through the working week, I think I was burnt out but the week is over now! Yay the weekend! Managed x3 fast days happy with that.
    Yesterday I walked 12km to work, it took about 2.5hrs. I’ve been wanting to do this walk for so long. My colleagues either cycle or run to work most days so I decided yesterday I would walk with my colleague and actually it was pretty good.
    Going to fast tomorrow I am determined to do it.

Also I’ve decided I would weigh end of this month rather than weighing every week

Happy fasting!

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol – Re posting the pics, I’m not completely sure how I did it. I googled ‘how to post pics on a forum’ & saw:- “First you need to upload the image onto image sharing websites like imgur.com, or giphy.com, and from there copy the link and share it. Or you can also create the link of the image in Google Photos and share that link.” So I went to imgur.com. I think I just logged onto it with my Google account & created a username. Those are the only two pics I posted, so if anything else appears there, it’s nothing to do with me 🤔

@calicocat – “stay away from the paintbrush” 🤣 Well, okay then. But yes, her eyes. For most people it’s love at first sight 😻

@flourbaby – you’re not wrong there – Boo Boo is the boss! I think she even uses more wifi than me watching her cat videos on YouTube. I hope Bo-Bo’s recovered from his skirmish? 😿

@fastingnurse – wow?! A 12 km walk … to work?! And then I imagine you’re on your feet for most of the day too? I’m seriously impressed. You must’ve been exhausted by the time your shift ended? That’s got to be worth at least three ⭐️ 👏

Dr Mosley’s weekly column in the UK Mail:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13092327/keep-dentist-bay-gums-toothpaste-cheese.html

“No such thing as healthy chocolate” 😱 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wellness-us/article-13085167/chocolate-not-good-health-flavonols.html

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤🌈

Day 17 UK NFD

@fastingnurse WOW! 12km walk then a day of work!! When I’m feeling reluctant to go for my daily 40 minute walk I will think of you for inspiration.

@flourbaby hope your throat is feeling better.

@stitchincarol I did it, just a glass of water with dinner last night. My fondness for wine is largely responsible for my weight gain……not just the wine calories but the poor food choices that follow. I don’t restrict carbs, I eat lots of fruit and veg so I could never do a truly low carb diet and whole grain bread and starchy veg seem to satisfy rather than simulate my appetite. Sugar doesn’t suit me, that really opens up my hunger floodgates. My goal for today is to have an alcohol free Saturday and to do my daily walk despite the weather, it’s raining and forecast to get heavier so I’m going just after a second coffee and a look at the articles @funshipfreddie has posted.

Happy weekend all 🙂

Day 17 Auckland NFD 75.8kg

Quick post after a busy day.
    I did my sit ups and walk. Then I saw on your Daily Mail MM article @funshipfreddie how to do a plank. I tried a few on the sofa which has sprung cushions. It was OK but I could feel weight going through my lower back. Hmmm
    Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 17 UK CD

Bit late but just remembered- how on earth had I not heard of calico cat @calicocat I even had one as a pet around 40 years ago , ah well just shows how educational this forum is

And I agree finding the balance with alcohol is key to managing weight Good luck with a dry weekend I’m currently DTF and then trying to make sensible choices

Have a good one all

Day 17 Ireland – NFD 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Happy Saturday everyone! I’m just in from a wet and mucky short cycle … but feeling good. Body still acting up a little but I’m alive and mostly well and that’s the most important. Here’s a ⭐️ for me 😂
    @stitchincarol not quite in maintenance range but it’s true I am oh so close to getting back into 🎯 but it seems like I keep sabotaging myself 😂😂
    @calicocat Well done on swerving the vino!! ⭐️ a few of us stay away from alcohol either completely or like me where I have a drink or two only on holidays or big celebrations… Alcohol does me favours at all.. headaches, sinus and definitely less willpower as cravings for carbs are an automatic follow on… 😂😂 or like @brightonbelle are DTF…
    Bravo @fastingnurse on a super activé day and getting through the week 💪
    @funshipfreddie just to reassure you we can only see two photos of very cute cats 🐱 🐱. It seems the thoughts on dark chocolate are mixed so… I was at a talk this week for the coeliac society where dark chocolate was mentioned as a very healthy snack – must check back on my notes 🍫.

@merryapple well done!! I’ve never planked on a soft surface but.. will do one now in your honour and because I can.. I have one minute spare ⏰ I must read the article!

@flourbaby hope you are feeling a bit better and how dare you prioritise work over us 😂😂

Ok must do some stretches and a plank 🍎 and then do some housework (boring) and then get ready for cinema 🎦 date.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs. Tomorrow should be my next FD. I’ll check my calendar, but I think Monday is a good day, too. Trying to get back on track. I am happy that so far this year, my trend is at 225 and not in the upper 220s. Trying to move the mark towards 220 and get into the 210s again.

USA. Day 17 FD

Good morning (or day) all!

I started the Jenny Craig/South Beach way of living diet. I hope this works. I needed a beak from cooking! LOL. Besides being a low carb diet, it is all an intermittent fasting diet. I shall see if it lives up to its claims.

Have a great day.

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

The weight was so ugly this morning, I’m not even going to post it, because I’m certain it’s simply food sitting in my belly waiting to fully digest and leave me. Yesterday turned into a completely different day than I thought when I posted. I did indeed manage not to eat until the lunch I had planned, ⭐️ that was a proud accomplishment. But then, everything changed. I had bought a really discounted half salmon on Thursday and had to get it in the freezer on Friday but the longer I looked at it, trying to decide what sort of portions to freeze, the sadder I got that I had to freeze all of it. So DH and I decided we could go to the Fish Fry next Friday instead–and, oh, what pangs of guilt I felt for not going on the first night, LOL!–and I’d make salmon for supper. I made a new recipe that cooked it with sweet chili sauce and used a blackberry (which I also had in my fridge) salsa with cucumber and green onion, and I made fettucini al fredo with some fresh pasta I ALSO had in my fridge–there were lots of things in there begging to be cooked, LOL–and saute some green beans with red and yellow bell peppers. I also made a dessert using most of the rest of the blackberries (I bought a lot…). As I started preparations, I realized it was silly to make such a lovely meal that was far too much for just the two of us, so we invited a woman to join us and then play pinochle afterward; she’s been looking for people to play with.

Because of the effort of cooking the meal, combined with reaching my goal of 2K steps of walking in place ⭐️ (a la Leslie, and I actually got to 7400), total calories burned approached 2K, so I didn’t do too much damage with the calories I consumed. Today, however, needs to be restrained, so I’m thinking through what parameters I’ll set for myself to feel reasonable but also to accomplish that goal. But first, I need to wash all those pots and skillets I used to cook that meal! LOL

=============

@fastingnurse Wow. Just wow. You walked 12km/2.5 hours and then worked your full nursing shift? Very, very, very impressive! How did it impact your energy for your shift? And @funshipfreddie is right about that being worth three stars!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

@funshipfreddie Huh! So @flourbaby could post pictures of some of the Fair Isle things her mum knitted, @merryapple could post a picture of the sweater she made, and I could post a picture of the various things I’m making????? WATCH OUT, PEOPLE!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

@calicocat Excellent for swerving the wine and meeting your personal challenge! ⭐️ And your comment is exactly what many of us have mentioned, “wine is largely responsible for my weight gain……not just the wine calories but the poor food choices that follow.”

@merryapple Wow…I’ve done enough planks to think that doing them on a sofa makes them significantly harder. Is there something I’m missing that made you choose there instead of the floor? At any rate, well done on achieving your walk/sit ups! ⭐️

@brightonbelle I’m going to assume you made sensible choices last night and earned your personal challenge star. ⭐️

@jaifaim And I’ll give you the “official” one! ⭐️ 😂

@ccco We’ll be interested to hear if the Jenny Craig/South Beach Diet feels an improvement for you.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Oh! And my personal challenge for today is 2K steps walking in place plus no more than 1100 calories for the day.

Day 18, FD, NZ

Looking forward to fasting today 😁

@funshipfreddie oh yes I was very exhausted by the time I left work and my legs were sore all day! But that walk is mostly flat so I think that made things easier

@stitchincarol I was very sore my entire shift but I would say it is a lot easier for me to do exercise before work than after, I was very tired once work finished and had the best sleep that night!

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD800

I reached +8000 steps yesterday & the day before, without even going for a walk really. With the Covid & then the hospital stay, my domestic chores had been neglected & I had 3 weeks of cat hair everywhere. Seriously, where does it all come from?! Boo Boo should be as bald as an egg. Getting on top of things now, & I feel like I should flex my fasting muscle today too 💪

@merryapple – I watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to do a plank correctly, but I’ve yet to actually attempt it 😳 They make it look so easy?!

@jaifaim – I try to stick to the 85% cacao chocolate, but I don’t think I’ve ever thought of it as a healthy snack. Less detrimental than milk chocolate maybe? I’m sure chocolate is classed as a processed food, so I guess the question is – can a food be both processed & healthy?

@calicocat – I hope you had success at attempting an alcohol-free Saturday. I never thought wine affected my weight, & I wasn’t averse to having a glass or two, even on a FD 🤦‍♂️ Counting the calories, of course. Then after I quit about 17 months ago, my weight dropped effortlessly by around 5 kg. I guess I have an ‘all or nothing’ personality & for me it’s just easier to abstain completely.

@ccco – I thought South Beach & Jenny Craig were two different things; have they amalgamated somehow? I had great success with the South Beach Diet several years ago. I lost weight quickly & without ever going hungry. But I was also drinking quite a bit of vodka, & not much else (spirits are carb-free, yay!) – & I became very dehydrated. I’m sure you’ll do better than I did 🎯

@stitchincarol – yes, you can do it! Get them pics posted 😂

Happy S🌞nday y’all

“Complete abstinence is easier than perfect moderation” ~ St Augustine

Pocket List – Day 18 🍓
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie FD800

Day 18 Auckland NFD 75.7kg🏃🏼‍♀️

I have completed my 150’ per week of walking. @stitchincarol Your salmon sounds absolutely delicious!
    My sofa is an indestructible red leather Chesterfield – a 3 1/2 seater so dogs, kids and visitors are welcome to stretch out on it. I used it for sit ups because it’s semi soft unlike the floor. However, I tried 3 x 15 secs planks on Mr Mac’s Persian rug which sits on a wooden floor and it is easier!!
    @funshipfreddie I did the plank resting on my forearms. It was way easier than I thought it was going to be and nothing like pushups. I can just feel the muscles in my lower back this evening so I think it’s going to be a good back strengthening exercise for me.
    I just read up on Planks. They work your core and lower back muscles. Recommendations are to do three sets for 20 seconds each and progress up to 3 x 1 minute before adding things like ‘waving to a friend’(my description…). There are plenty of variations to work up to.
    @jaifaim Love your muddy sweaty description!! Go well with your planking.
    @fastingnurse You’re a legend! What a great walk!
    @cocco I thought Jenny Craig had gone belly up… She has in this part of the world.
    @funshipfreddie Somehow I imagined Boo Boo to be a big tigerish cat not a sweet wee mostly white one!! You two have opened Pandora’s box with the photos!!!
    FD mañana for me and the Monday morning reset…

Day 18 UK NFD

Ate within TDEE yesterday and stayed alcohol free, planning to do the same today.

@brightonbelle DTF is what I aim for. Just lately I’ve been drinking a glass or three most days so I am cutting alcohol completely for a while to prove to myself that I don’t need to drink.

@funshipfreddie a 5kg drop without effort would be very welcome here! I’m not planning on giving up wine completely though, but I’m sure cutting down will help me to shift a few pounds.

@merry🍎 I have never attempted a plank but I do need to strengthen my lower back so I think I will give it a go next week.

Tomorrow’s FD will begin my second week of ‘control’ so I will step on the scales to check progress 🤞

Day 18 UK CD

I did indeed make sensible choices @stitchincarol, thanks for the ⭐️

I accept it will be an ongoing challenge – how to relax at the weekend but not undo all the hard work put in over the week but I think I’m getting there , see you on the PL tomorrow and I may look into doing some plank work @merryapple .I know you can’t spot reduce but you can spot train I like to dream that under the flab there’s a fabulously toned 6 pack waiting to be revealed 💭

Day 18 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 228 lbs. Yikes! Huge jump and heaviest Sunday weigh-in so far this year. Mostly due to taking family out to eat late after a funeral home visitation last night. @stitchincarol I exposed my ugly weigh-in for all LOL!

I’ve rediscovered fishkeeping … I’ve had an aquarium or two since 2016 puttering along with many generations of guppies that have come and gone continuously since 😉 But for the last month, I’ve been trying the Walstad/Father Fish method by using real dirt and capping with sand, and loading the tanks up with a ridiculous number of plants and a bit of leaf debris. The fish are happy, and I’ve added freshwater shrimp and snails. Really enjoying it and it’s forcing me to relax meditatively. I also set up a gallon “shrimp bowl” in the dining room and have a small 5-gallon tank in the bedroom that I’m cycling and will add fish to in the next few weeks…the circulation of the air passing through the sponge filter sounds like a soft waterfall — so relaxing!

One of the key takeaways is establishing a food web so you don’t depend so much on processed fish food that just pollutes the tank and ends up killing off fish. “A hungry fish is a healthy fish; they always beg for food but it doesn’t mean you should feed them,” as Father Fish says, and letting them eat microfauna, algae, and other natural critters and plants established in the tank when truly hungry is the natural way. I reflect on that for my own life — how many times do I eat loads of the non-nutritious processed junk instead of just eating smaller amounts real healthy food when hungry?

I’ve got to fast like a fish haha! I plan to do a WFD today and a FD500 tomorrow…although a 3 day B2B2B fast might not be out of the question…

Pocket List – Day 18 🍓
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie FD800
    @northgeorgia

Day 18 Ireland – NFD 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hi all – late check in… an early start and a long steady spin today… 100km and another mucky start but then… sunshine ☀️☀️ so we sat and enjoyed coffee and cake in the sun… I can eat cake when cycling.. it’s an important part of the sport 😂
    Plank also done… I’m going to work up to 3 minutes… there is currently a challenge for 3 minute planks daily for a motor neurone disease charity so figure I can kill two birds with one stone.
    I hope everyone is well today. I am and feel strong 💪
    Have a lovely day!

Onward and downward ⬇️

USA. Day 18. FD

Pocket List – Day 18 🍓
    @fastingnurse
    @funshipfreddie FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Hi, all! I am on my second day of the South beach diet and I have already lost 1 1/2 lbs. I am sure this is just water but it is still encouraging! I was hungry last night but otherwise I am fine. This is also a intermittent program-14/10. Since most of those 14 hours, I am asleep, this is working well as well!

Hope you all are having a great weekend! 🙂

Day 19, FD, Aus

Checking in. Trying to find a new routine now that I’m not heading to work each morning. Feel a bit all over the place, tbh, but am forcing myself to stick to Monday FDs.

Sorry for not reading all posts, but Boo Boo is not at all what I imagined! She looks like such a sweet gentle cat, and not the neighbourhood bully you describe, @funshipfreddie!

Day 19, NFD, NZ
    Successful fast day yesterday. Today is my rostered day off, I get fortnightly Mondays off – not sure if I’ve mentioned that before. Anyway I met with a friend today that I catch up with once a month because she works shifts, anyway we decided we’d do a challenge together. We will do 5:2 for 12 weeks, exercise 5x a week, mindful eating non fast days, exercise on days off as well – such as a 30min stroll or just get out and about for 30mins. We plan to weigh together once a week. I’ve known this friend for 6 years so we knew each other when we were both 60/70kg and over the years gained weight for various reasons. Anyway its really good to have a close friend that’s doing the same thing, it’s been a while since I’ve had someone I know doing 5:2

Day 19 Auckland FD 75.7kg🏃🏼‍♀️

Beautiful warm still morning for a walk but it’s looking dry out there. There’s very little rain predicted until April. I am on basalt (old lava flow) which has high drainage – good when it rains but not so good when dry. When I had my old washing machine I would bucket out the water to my Pungas (tree ferns) at this time of year. I can’t do it now…
    @cocco I looked up the South Beach diet on the Mayo Clinic website. They were quite complimentary about it.
    @jaifaim I figure planks will be good for biking too. How many seconds did you do?!
    @northgeorgia Who knew feeding fish would be a metaphor for life. I guess SpongeBob knows something we don’t!
    @brightonbelle My six pack is also lurking also… My friend who does Pilates said to make sure your hips/bum are tucked in for planks.
    @funshipfreddie and @calicocat I reckon I saw 4 Calico cats on my walk today. Are they that common?? Two live above and below me and are always scrapping for territory… Now who does that remind me of??!!
    @penz Your dogs will help with structuring your day in no time!! It’s amazing how their timetable becomes yours… How about introducing 5 x 30’ power walks into your day??!
    @fastingnurse That’s great you and your friend are going work on this WoL together. What is it with nurses and bad food habits??? I remember reading that doing a night shift was the equivalent of smoking a pack of cigarettes (I wonder how many Vapes??…) for your health if you weren’t one of those strange people whose systems actually suited the grave yard shift…

Onward and downward!

Pocket List
    @penz
    @merry🍎

Day 19 🎂 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD 68.3 kg

Happy Birthday to me, 62 years young today 🥳️

I used up every one of my 800 cals yesterday. I had the most amazing cheese & spinach muffin at lunch time at a garden centre, & was still thinking about it several hours later 😋 Which is why I normal put off eating until as late as possible on FDs

@penz – don’t let that angelic, fuzzy face fool you! She’s a lean, mean killing machine 😳 I can imagine you feeling a little ‘all over the place’ now you’ve suddenly got a long stretch of time off. Even my couple of months off between contracts could be challenging every year. Going from living on a boat for months on end, having every hour of the day structured to suddenly being free to do whatever I wanted. However, as I’m naturally bone idle I quickly got the hang of it 😅 But when it comes your FDs for the next year, I think the best advice is to plan ahead. Plan, plan, plan. Decide what you’ll eat the day before your FD, & stick to it, no matter what. Get rid of any potential temptations from your fridge/pantry. Be tenacious ✅

@merryapple – I read that Calico cats aren’t that uncommon, except for the males. ‘Due to their unique genetic makeup (and the fact that male calico cats are born sterile), calico cats cannot actually be bred. Rather, nature produces these colourful kitties randomly’. You don’t tend to see cats just wandering around suburbs here. I think there are only 3 cats in our village, & Boo Boo’s nemesis, Popsie, is the only Calico.

Re ‘Ozempic’ – interesting…
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13097703/DR-MAX-PEMBERTON-Ozempic-lose-weight-jab-Wegovy-effect-alcohol-cravin.html

Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters 💪 🎯

Day 19 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hi all, a good FD ahead.
    Challenge for today is just that… a LFD if I can do it.
    I tend to feel quite hungry after long cycles so had a lot of protein last night but the carbs ahead of our cycle mean that my numbers are up… I generally find after a long one that there is a change in the numbers but quite minimal and always with a delay.. we will see.. a very fun day out was had and all for a good cause.

Like a lot of us the weekends derail me a little but I am
    going to focus on having better weekdays as I’ve cut so many of the fun foods from my WOL that I am not going to cut the few relatively unhealthy treats I do have.. I really don’t overdo it.. except maybe the big bag of crisps I sometimes have on a Sunday…🥴 so that’s my plan 👍

Happy birthday to you @funshipfreddie definitely 62 years young! 🎉 And bravo on your 17ish months off booze! So much to celebrate for you but particularly being healthy and well after your recent bout of illness. 🎈 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈 ♥️♥️

@merryapple I did 60 seconds yesterday and will increase to 90 or more tonight. I think it’s important to do your plank on a solid surface to insure your back is correctly positioned so as not to injured yourself -and to get the benefits. Although I love the sound of your BIG chesterfield 🛋️ I forgot how much I like a plank… yes a masochist here 😂 I play a song I like and eventually will plank for the whole song – that’s my trick.

@fastingnurse enjoy your day off and it’s a great plan to challenge with another person. That’s how I ultimately gave up smoking many many years ago.. I sort of competed with my sister 😂 . We both won and never touched them again ⭐️

Oh @penz good luck with finding your new routine!! It’s so fab that you have the chance to create a new one but I can see how it takes a little bit of getting your head around… can’t wait to see how it pans out 😁

@ccco – Great to see your chat and so glad the new diet is working out for you! 💪

@stitchincarol i hope you had a good weekend and managed to have the restrained one you planned. Well done on the walking and thank you for my ⭐️. Here is one for you 💫 !

Ok better dash. Work awaits 😁

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 19 🎈
    @penz
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim

Hello! A second post as I have have just learned something new..
    My dictionary Word of the Day tells me an ailurophile is a person who likes cats… I never knew this.. and know we have many ailurophiles here… 🐈‍⬛ 🐱 🐈

Always learning….

Have a good one!

Day 19 UK FD

Weigh day at the end of my first week back 5:2ing and I’m delighted to report a 4 pound loss 🙂 and even better I haven’t felt hungry, deprived or desperate for 🍷
    Early days I know but it’s encouraging and I feel energised and motivated to continue.

@funshipfreddie Happy Birthday 🥳🎂🎉 Enjoy your special day. Hope Boo Boo doesn’t bring you an unwanted gift, if she a hunter? Luna stalks squirrels and magpies in the garden, far too big for her to be any threat 🤞

@penz your year off work may pass quickly, make sure you enjoy every day doing whatever makes you happy 😃

@ccco sometimes a fresh approach is what we need, wishing you success with your new diet regime.

@jaifaim so I’m an ailurophile 😻 something new I’ve learned today, thank you ☺️

Time to shift Luna off my lap and get moving to get this FD started.

Pocket List Day 19 🎈
    @penz
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim
    @calicocat

Day 19, London, UK, NFD,

Well I fell off the wagon this weekend😣😫, there was chocolate (approx. 1 Tonne!) there was wine (more than 1 bottle, but less than 3!) and there was very little movement as the weather played tricks with my planned walk!!!

Anyway, it’s behind me now!!

Happy Birthday 🥳🥳@funshipfreddie, I would sing🎶🎵🎶, but @songbirdme wouldn’t like me stepping on her toes!!😂 I hope you have a fabulous day with loving cuddles from Miss Bo Boo. Yesterday’s muffin sound exquisite🤤🤤 Bo-Bo is recovering, it looks like a 5cm scrape midway along his tail, I tried to clean it but he was crying (never bitey or scratchy even when distressed😻😿) and as a true ailurophile, it hurt me more than him😢!!

Congratulations @calicocat, lower carb and AF means your body HAS to burn fat to survive …………….. Bread & wine are my downfall ……………………………….. obviously I blame my Christian faith!!!🙏🏼🤭🙏🏼
    I swerved the vino 🍷 for Dry-ish January and although my Dry-ish February plan has been compromised 😬, I’m convinced the only way for me to shed some timber is to swerve the demon drink!!! I may have to have a dry B’day next Saturday just to punish myself for this weekend’s shenanigans!!!😡

@jaifaim and @fastingnurse, measuring your exercise in multiple km’s puts my sedentary weekend to shame!! I’ve got to get a grip and MMM …………… Must Move More!!!

@penz, it’s such a huge change for you, the only way I survived lockdown was to get up, showered & dressed exactly as I would do if I was actually going to work, perhaps something similar would help structure your day???

@northgeorgia, I like the idea of an aquarium, but no doubt Bo-Bo would assume I bought him a new but challenging toy!!!!🤣🤣

I’m going to find a way to upload a pic of Bo-Bo (Not my mum with the Fair Isle knitting @stitchincarol), I spend so much time telling you about him, you should be able to put a face to the name!!!

I’ll add a plank before visiting with Leslie this evening ……………………… pray for me folks!!!🤣🙏🏼🤣

Onwards & downwards people!!!💪🏼💪🏼

“The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital.” – Mark Hyman

Day 19 UK f800

My usual Monday reset and plan for the week is a common theme Move More and eat not less but smarter

Pocket List Day 19 🎈
    @penz
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim
    @calicocat
    @brightonbelle

Day 19 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Planning another FD today, probably a FD500, but I might do another WFD.

Pocket List Day 19 🎈
    @penz
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim
    @calicocat
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I’m meeting some friends for drinks and supper tonight, so planning on very little food until then. The weekend had some unexpected hiccups, so no progress has been made on going down, but I continue to be thankful I’m no longer gaining.

=============================

@fastingnurse Well, excellent sleep was probably worth the sore legs, yes? And having a fasting buddy is wonderful news! It was always easier for me when DH was doing the same thing, and now that he isn’t, that adds to the challenge. I’ll just bet your choices are strong and show excellent results now that you have a buddy joining you!

@funshipfreddie So glad you’re getting so many steps and even fasting, and feeling healthy while doing so! And fascinating article about Ozempic/Wegovy. And! Happy, happy birthday!! I hope your day is filled with fun things and great friends!

@merryapple Yay, you!! ⭐ That salmon does sound delicious, doesn’t it? It truly wasn’t, LOL. It was fine, but the promise added up to far more than the reality. Here: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sweet-chili-salmon-with-blackberries/?epik=dj0yJnU9TEpUTFlVbVFhZF9lbktrSlV0anFXVGNDTXhGWVpEUUUmcD0wJm49eXgzVjI3Q0RyYlBPTmdYa3hQNWx1ZyZ0PUFBQUFBR1hUWkhv It certainly ticks all the boxes of healthy and colorful, but taste–beyond the excellent taste of salmon to start with–fell sadly short of glorious. Perhaps home-picked blackberries would have helped, although the grocery store blackberries were shockingly good. (I’ve had enough wild blackberries over the year to have an idea of what I’m talking about, and I truly doubt it would have made much difference. Dunno.)

@calicocat This is the first Lent for awhile that I haven’t given up alcohol, but I always had the same feeling; I find it so easy to drink far too much without displaying any signs that I’ve consumed that much, that it was excellent to take a period of time to assure myself I was fine. I think it’s more an issue of I have tendencies toward gluttony! 🥴🫤 NICE weight loss for your first week!

@brightonbelle Well done on the sensible choices!

@northgeorgia You have more fortitude than I, then, because sometimes I simply prefer to be an ostrich and bury my head… 😂 EXCELLENT reflection on relating the eating needs of fish to human needs. A hymn we sang in church yesterday had a line that hit me the same way…I’m absolutely certain it wasn’t intended to relate to weight-management, but it’s what jumped into my mind, LOL.

@jaifaim Wow. Just WOW. ONE HUNDRED KILOMETERS????? Well, of COURSE eating cake goes along with that, LOL! Well, well done, you!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thanks for my own star. I’m not doing LOTS that deserves a star, but I’ve made a few excellent choices, so I’ll chalk it up to those choices.

@ccco So glad it’s feeling empowering to you to be doing the South Beach Diet combined with IF!

@penz Yup, I’m sure it’s truly tough to have your daily schedule suddenly so wildly changed from what’s been your norm for years!

@flourbaby Your comment about flour and wine being your downfall, no doubt due to your Christian faith left me totally perplexed. I stared and stared. I thought and thought. AND THEN IT HIT ME!!! I am NOT witty or clever with humor, LOL, so am so proud of myself that I figured it out, and then I laughed at the humor! 🥰 And, I can understand not posting your mom, but I’d love to see one of the sweaters she designed, if that’s something you’d be okay with.

=============

What I DID give up for Lent is any solitaire on my laptop between 9am and 9pm. And it’s such a collasal waste of time that I’m thinking I’ll make that a permanent change. So I’ve been getting far more done around the house as a result, which makes me feel so much more content…makes it a win-win. And this week is supposed to be WARM, with temps approaching 60F/15.5C, so I may even find time to get outside and do some cleaning up in my perennial bed. Or not. But it’s fun to think about!

And with that, I’ll sign off for the day. Have a grand one, everyone!

USA. Day19. FD

Pocket List Day 19 🎈
    @penz
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim
    @calicocat
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Oh, I wish I could respond to the posts but I am overwhelmed renovating the inside of my house. I had hoped that all this would have been done long ago but Covid got in the way! :(. At least the outside of my house and the gardens are done. It is still a bit hard to get people to do the work for me.

Yesterday, I ate out which didn’t go well with my South Beach diet but I went right back into it. It seems to be easy to stay with and I am not hungry! 🙂

Have a great day!

Day 20, NFD, Aus

Drat – I forgot we had a prior engagement last night so my planned FD ended up being more of a CD. Still, I’m glad I didn’t use it as an excuse for a EFS!

I am donating plasma today which meant I had to eat breakfast. I am not a breakfast eater so it was an interesting experience to force myself to eat when I didn’t want to. Mmm, I thought. This is really like all those other times when I eat when I am not hungry, but eat because it’s that mealtime of day, or because I’m bored. I need to re-label my ZBC tendencies to generalise to all the time, unless I a genuinely hungry.

Good thoughts re establishing a new routine for myself, thanks all. I actually had a great routine during COVID but I was still working which very much helped frame my day. I think I’m going to have to schedule my activities – like making diary appointments with myself to structure my day. Otherwise I seem to spend too much of it playing mindless games on my tablet (thinking of you @stitchincarol).

But the best news of all today is that I got the Worldle out in one guess!! Time to buy a lotto ticket.

Day 20 Auckland NFD 74.9kg🏃🏼‍♀️

What!! Nothing like the day after a good FD!
    Happy Birthday🍰🇿🇦🥰David, if I may call you by your name!! Are you a late Aquarius or an early Pisces?? So pleased you are young, fit and out and about!
    The article was interesting but I found the GP more interesting the way he treated his broken/repaired ankle pain with growth hormone and the anti eating drug to control his appetite then noticed he wasn’t interested in EtOH either. He has also set up an online website to prescribe and post the weight loss drug to your door… (in the UK). Very entrepreneurial…
    I have a young friend who was not particularly overweight, more Rubenesque, who successfully took the weight loss drug. But now she’s off it she’s trying not to put weight back on and there lies the rub. Has she managed to adjust her eating and drinking habits…? As we all know, maintaining maintenance is the key to real success…
    @jaifaim Your bike rides are amazing! I was hoping a friend would purchase an e bike when I got mine so I would have a companion to go riding with but no-one has. I might have to join up with a group when I eventually take Macintosh’s seat off the bike😢
    Is the idea to do one plank for as long as you can? I tried one for 30 secs last night with no problems this morning. So do I try extending one to 45 secs or do two for 30 secs?? then three?
    @flourbaby Like you say, tell it for accountability and move on, so well done!
    @calicocat Congrats on your first week’s loss!!
    @brightonbelle I’m with you on the Monday reset!
    @stitchincarol I love wild blackberries that are so tart you screw up your face. They make the best pie! But the cultivated ones have far less acidic now and are quite bland to cook with so I’m with you 👍for wild ones!
    @cocco Good on you for getting your house in order. It will be so lovely to have it ship-shape and finished! And working on yourself at the same time. Admirable because renovations are stressful…
    @penz How goest you, lady of leisure?!

Steely RESOLVE, 9 days and 3 FDs to go

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I actually enjoy other people’s birthdays far more than my own, & hate people making a fuss. But I forgot about the every-other-month ‘Somerson Headlines’ newsletter, where they print a list of residents’ birthdays 😳 Anyway, I had a nice, long leisurely brunch with a friend at Angelo’s Cafe down by the Shark Rock Pier, & the weather was perfect. Here’s a couple of pictures (I’m just showing off now) Angelo’s is to the right of the middle pic. Needless to say, I didn’t take the picture of the sunrise; they occur way too early 😅 https://imgur.com/a/kzHoUzu

@jaifaim – I meant to comment on that – staggering?! – 100 km cycle you did?! I don’t even like driving that far 🥴️ & I think I would’ve needed at least two pieces of cake to, um, replenish my strength 🍰 I had no idea there was a word for cat lovers – ailurophile. Ailurophobia is a thing too, apparently. I have a friend coming to visit next month who has an irrational fear of cats, & I’m thinking it might be better for both of them if Boo Boo goes to the cattery for a couple of days 🤔

@calicocat – I received no unwanted gifts from Boo Boo, fortunately. She’s been a lot more restrained since we moved here. But it was nasty when we lived in Durban, very close to a nature reserve, & I got way too many surprises 😱

@stitchincarol – good idea re the Solitaire. I got a bit manic with the ‘Words with Friends’ until about a year ago, & regularly had + 10 games on the go. I’ve got it down to 5 now, & probably spend less than 30 minutes a day on it.

@merryapple – 74.9, go you! 🎯 I’m on the cusp of Aquarius/Pisces. If you Google the year + my time of birth – 10 am – then I’m technically Pisces. I should’ve actually been born in March though. I remember my mother telling me I was born a month prematurely, because she fell off a chair while she was busy cleaning windows 😳 Re the weight-loss drug; yes, sooner or later you’ve got to come off it, & then what? And these drugs are so new, I don’t think anyone really knows yet what the long-term consequences may be. But it would be great if it turned out the drugs work to treat other addictions too. I’m currently reading the memoir ‘Drinking: A Love Story’ by Caroline Knapp. She was an American writer/columnist & she has some fascinating insights into addictions – not just alcohol – & how interchangeable they can be.

@penz – today’s Wordle – well done! It took me 5 attempts, grrr. I got the last 4 letters quickly, & then had too many options for the 1st, so I was lucky to get it at all. Go buy that ticket! 🐈‍⬛

Day 20 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hi all, a good LFD was had – hurrah 😃
    For me it is all about the mind and I sort of wanted to reset my system after all the ailments of the past month. It was tough after a lot of exercise as the body wants to refeed but I was not going to be thrown. It helps that I was so tired I was asleep really early last night. No instant change to the numbers though…shall see later in the week if helped. 😁

@merryapple I recommend finding a local cycling group so that you have options… I am in a club so it is very much road cycling in groups and at pace but I also mountain bike with friends and love my solo spins too. With a club you’ll generally always find someone who is up for going out if the mood takes you.
    Ah thanks @funshipfreddie! It was the first long spin in a while….I am surrounded by people who often do a lot more than 100km – it’s strange isn’t it what becomes your “normal” although I will say that 100km is longer than my usual club spin and something I try to do once a month if I can. I’m aiming to do a particularly long spin later in the year and winter miles means summer smiles apparently ☀️☀️☀️

For the plank, the idea is to build on the time… so whatever you can do .. maybe add 10 seconds each time… you will notice your core strengthening… but be very careful to adopt the correct position to protect your back.

Good observations there @penz on why and when we eat… as a species we are definitely conditioned – my colleague could not comprehend how I could swerve eating at lunchtime – I didn’t mention missing dinner also as it would have completely blown her mind… you will find your groove… I’d say take a few weeks though just to enjoy not needing a plan 🗺️

@stitchincarol ooh thank you for my stars! I was proud of myself for getting back out. So funny to imagine you trying to wrap your head around @flourbaby’s post 😂😂 the good news is flourbaby I looked back at my notes and chocolate (but only dark chocolate) is a great source of Zinc which is great for skin and nails but more importantly for cell division which is key in making immune cells to help fight infection etc… now if it was milk chocolate that’s a different story 😂😂😂

@brightonbelle I hope you had a great reset day! Monday is always my reset and why I like new weeks, new months etc.

@calicocat bravo on the 4lb loss 🎉 and @northgeorgia on your B2B – never easy!

@ccco – good luck with the renovations – reading/responding takes time so don’t feel pressure to do that when life is busy… just good to have you here.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Down only 0.5 lbs, but hey, at least it is down 😉 After that 5 lb drop from Sunday to Monday, I’m not surprised I scared my body anyway haha! Yesterday was a FD500, and I decided I’ll attempt a 3rd FD tomorrow. I’m trying a slow return to the basic 5:2 method and restore a healthier approach to food. It shouldn’t be all or nothing. I need to learn to eat appropriately on the NFDs, enjoy my meals and avoid the junk most of the time. And as @stitchincarol noted, physical activity helps. I knew my stubborn self, so I didn’t join that challenge, but I am making myself get up and move, taking a break from the screens, especially on beautiful days outside.

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I ate reasonably last night (fourth of a bruschetta appetizer, half of an ahi tuna appetizer with slaw, a side salad, and two glasses of wine, all over three hours…we can TALK, LOL!) and was surprised the scale wasn’t impressed. Even so, I accomplished what I set out to do–not overeat–so was pleased.

==================

@ccco I just did a bit of research on the South Beach diet, and apparently half the people who’ve tried it are consistently hungry while on it, and the other half feel really positive about it and are not hungry; I’m so glad you’re in that second camp! Is Jenny Craig’s name attached because you can get prepared meal kits ready to cook/heat up?

@penz I’m always a pound lower the day after I give blood; does it work the same when you’re giving plasma? And what is the biggest thing you’re excited to do in your year off? Is it traveling? Museums? New recipes? Cleaning hot spots in your house? A new hobby? Reading?

@merryapple I was faithfully doing planks several years ago and then saw an article about how bad they are, so threw in the towel. So I did some looking just now, and saw more warnings, but they all seemed less-than-authoritative; the Google results from Harvard Med and the like praised them. What I gleaned from that article is multiple shorter planks is more beneficial than a single very long plank, although I don’t think it stated why that is. Here’s what a read: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/straight-talk-on-planking-2019111318304 And well done on another drop on the scale!!!!

@funshipfreddie It’s so much fun to see photos; thanks for introducing that to us! I’m still thinking about what my first picture will be… You read some fascinating books! I’m a voracious reader, but they’re almost all fiction, and I read to fall asleep. The recent exception is that I just finished “The Diamond of London” by Andrea Penrose about Lady Hester Stanhope. I’m a fan of that author, but this particular book wasn’t particularly well edited, with lots of repetition that I found confusing. (Hester was just learning to like a particular woman despite their history and some unpleasantness, but the next time she was mentioned, she was a sworn enemy. What???) Nonetheless, it was fascinating, and “Hetty” is a real woman to me now.

@jaifaim I’m always dazzled by people who love dark chocolate. I am not a fan, and will choose milk chocolate every time. So, I do my best to avoid it entirely. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@northgeorgia I’ve been surprised how easy it’s been to “force” myself to get up (or stop whatever I’m doing) and walk in place for 500 steps. Takes only a few minutes, and actually feels good. It would be tougher in an office environment, however, unless you have your own private office. Have any stairs you could go down and back up and call that good?

===========

We bought plane tickets yesterday to fly to Indianapolis on April 11-15 to meet the new baby. She’s due 23 March, so we’ll be safe then, and it’s after Easter, and after a pastor meeting DH and I both attend, and carefully arranged so as not to miss piano lessons since the recital is coming up…let me just say that retirement cannot come soon enough, as life is simply too busy! Because it just occurred to me that I haven’t even started this baby’s quilt!!!!!!!!!

Gah. Deep breaths and move on, right? I think the current, and fairly certain, plan is that we’ll go through the end of the year, and then our congregation loses its pastor, its organist, its choir director, and its office secretary, and DH and I finally have some freedom, LOL! I’ll miss what we do at this congregation, but not nearly as much as I’ll enjoy the additional time!

Okay, off I go. Time to order the quilt pattern I’ve been planning on making!

My post showed up twice for some reason, so the only solution I know of is to edit it down to this single line.

Well, and this line: Huh, @flourbaby. I’ll bet it was @michelinme, then, who has been AWOL for a long time now…we miss you, @michelinme!!!!!

Day 20, London, UK, FD

I’m super busy at work today😢 I’m afraid I don’t have time to catch up on posts or comment.

I did have a quick skim though; @stitchincarol, what I meant was that it wasn’t me who mentioned their mum knitting Fair Isle jumpers🤣, so I’m afraid I have no pics to share!!

I’ll catch-up later or tomorrow, in the meantime, stay strong and hydrated, I’m finding guzzling 2+ litres of water is helping make FD’s sooo much easier!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!

USA. Day 20. FD

Just saw that you had a birthday, FUNSHIPFREDDIE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Another day on my Southbeach diet! So far, it seems to be pretty easy, mostly because I am not hungry!

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 20 UK FD

Don’t know where the time has gone today, been busy making the house look presentable then went for a walk (my daily exercise done) and only just sat down with a cup of coffee and time to have a catch up here.

@flourbaby a dry birthday? No, that’s taking repentance much too far!

@stitchincarol I also have a tendency towards gluttony……I just love to eat and drink, easy to understand why I gain weight so easily. Giving up solitaire on the laptop is a great idea for lent, all that extra time to enjoy 🥂😉

@northgeorgia I’m with you on working on a better relationship with food. I managed to gain weight whilst thinking I was still doing 5:2, but I really wasn’t, I was just over indulging on 5 days of the week and barely managing damage limitation by cutting back on the other 2 days. Then I got disheartened by the gain and gave up on 5:2 completely……and gained even more weight. So now I’m working on good, healthy, controlled but satisfying eating on NFDs which I find more challenging than the FDs.

My challenge for today and tomorrow……alcohol free and controlled eating, oh and a daily walk of minimum 40 minutes.

USA. Day 20. FD

Yes, Stitchincarol. Jenny Craig bought out South Beach and started a program call Jenny Craig South Beach Living. This diet is a little different than the South Beach book. Maybe that is why I am not hungry. I actually think that the amount of food I am eating is more than what I was doing before. I bought the plan and am eating their food. I find it to be tasty enough. I never really liked cooking anyway! LOL. I like eating, though, but hate shopping for groceries.I needed a break from cooking anyway! I will let you know how it goes. It seems to be good so far! 🙂

Flourbaby, I’ve gone dry, as well. My reason, though, probably isn’t a common one. Alcohol give me GERD and for some reason, I no longer like the taste of it. Believe it or not, I went back to my parents’s habit of having tea time. I started each afternoon having Earl Grey, English Breakfast tea, along with a few other varieties. I love it but I don’t eat anything with my tea. I actually feel better not drinking anything.

Jaifaim, thanks! It would all be done by now if it weren’t for Covid! Sigh!!!

NorthGeorgia, congratulations on that 5 lb. loss and the .5 lb. loss. I am trying to not weigh myself more than once a week. I don’t want to be disappointed when I don’t meet by week’s goal!

Hope everyone is doing well! I am so glad I found some time to interact with everyone and not just post my place on the pocket list! I can’t wait until my house is done and then I can spend a little more time here. The good thing about being busy for me is that I don’t think about food. That makes everything so much easier! 🙂

Day 20 – 2nd Post

Pocket List – Day 20 🍌
    @stitchincarol – WFD
    @flourbaby
    @ccco
    @calicocat

Day 21 Auckland NFD 75.5kg🏃🏼‍♀️

Sometimes a big drop is too good to be true… but it’s a taste of what could be…
    @funshipfreddie I / We were 6 weeks early. My mother was carrying chimney bricks in a bucket when she went into labour… They don’t make mothers like they used to!!! I always wondered what being premature does to your horoscope… My twin brother is a complete opposite to me in personality but I can tick off a lot of Aries characteristics..
    Lovely photos of your beach and jetty.
    @jaifaim Thank you for your advice and encouragement. Yes I will join a bike club when Mr Mac goes to heaven… he was up all through the night… If you can ride a 100+ km you must have more muscle to fat ratio therefore BMI might not be an appropriate measurement for you. Try this!
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5655717/amp/BBC-Ones-Truth-Obesity-reveals-piece-string-tell-youre-fat.html
    @penz Good on you for Wordle! Never have I had THE WORD in one go. I have solved 22 on second go… but the hole in one evades me…
    @northgeorgia Sage words indeed. To add another benefit to getting up from your screen, your eye muscles will thank you. Look into the distance so they can relax. Our eyes were designed to look for wolves in the distance not letters on a screen under our nose!
    @stitchincarol Good for you for Restraint!
    The Harvard article is fantastic thank you. I ended up on another Hosp website but this is much better.
    My DH had his stomach muscles shredded when he had a huge belly due to peritonitis due to a leaky gallbladder/gallstones due to being anticoagulated for a cardiac stent. His belly blew up and the back pressure spread out his abdominal muscles so much so that, despite going to the gym 3-4 x per week, the connections between the muscle fibres were weakened. He never had a flat tummy again much to his annoyance…
    I am going to be a PLANKER!!
    @flourbaby Another benefit – If you’re drinking 2L H2O at work you’ll be getting up from your desk regularly to go have a pee😂😂
    @cocco I just checked. Jenny Craig did go into receivership in Australia and NZ in June 2023 after no buyer was found. Interesting that they have reinvented themselves in the US by purchasing the South Beach company.
    Go well with everything!!
    @calicocat Great to hear your insight and to finding a way forward. Enjoy your walk!

Onward and downward one and all!

2nd post NZ

@jaifaim I did a 1 min plank without a problem! Who knew?!

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

What a way to wake up?! 🤯 I just spent over half an hour looking for my keys so I could let the cat out. Couldn’t find them anywhere. They weren’t in any of the usual places, so I resorted to looking in unusual places, e.g. the fridge, kitchen drawers, under furniture. At one point I was even wondering if Boo Boo could have possibly hidden them somewhere just to annoy me. Then I eventually found the keys in the spare bedroom. No idea why they would be in there. I’ve got spare keys, which I keep in my small wall safe; but the key to the wall safe is with…the keys I couldn’t find. I know – I’m a genius 🤦‍♂️

@stitchincarol – I love reading fiction too, mostly crime/courtroom/mystery related. But I promised myself this year I’d only read books in Spanish for my comprehensible input. It’s a great way to build up vocabulary. I’m at a level where I can only read either children’s books or graded readers though, so with the exception of Caroline Knapp’s book, I’m resisting the temptation to start reading anything else in English.

@ccco – thanks for the birthday wishes. Have you read Arthur Agatston’s book, The South Beach Diet? He’s a doctor/cardiologist, he wrote the book about 20 years ago, & it’s definitely worth reading.

@merryapple – 6 weeks premature? Your poor mum? But I guess it all worked out okay. I’m fascinated by identical twins. I’ve read some bizarre stuff about twins who were separated at birth, & then went on to meet up decades later. So many incidents where they’ve chosen very similar career paths, partners, hobbies. I never read my horoscope & must admit I don’t take it seriously at all. Although I’ve been told I’m a typical Pisces, i.e. imaginative, a dreamer, sensitive. empathetic etc.

Happy Hump Day! 🐫🐪

Day 21 – Ireland – FD – 🚫 ✅ 🚶‍♂️ 🌾

Hi all, a good CD yesterday but my body is still holding on to what I want it to let go….
    I’m going to aim for another LFD today

@merryapple you are definitely tending downwards and I definitely believe once you spot a lower number you’ll see it again soon …☀️☀️☀️ and well done on the plank! I’m at 80 seconds… did a dance class with friends last night .. I’m not sure what you’d call it… sort of Zumba but jumbled up and I’m not great at following the steps so I’m going to call it Jumba 😂😂 a great hour of fun though 😂 Broad mix of ages and abilities thank god 😂

@funshipfreddie oh no that’s a frustrating start to the day but great you found the keys.. maybe a little mischievous cat took them to that room and it’s not your mind playing tricks on you… 😂. I have two sisters who are Pisces and are the opposite of these traits but… they are late Feb and March so maybe that’s the difference…
    Ah interesting @ccco another of us off the alcohol. It’s interesting to see alcohol free become more normalised and particularly in ireland where in the past, if you didn’t drink you were either pregnant or had a issue with alcohol addiction in the past… it’s a good thing for sure ⭐️

@flourbaby I much prefer good milk chocolate too but know this is because of milk and sugar… so try to avoid it… I don’t really eat much chocolate anymore but if I did fancy a chocolate treat. I’d like the idea of a couple of squares of dark chocolate as I never feel the need to eat any more than that. Whereas milk chocolate opens the floodgates of craving…
    Ok off to seize this day… not feeling tip top but it could be a delayed bout of tiredness after all the exercise 😂😂 I’m blaming @stitchincarol 😝

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 21 ⚡️
    @jaifaim

Day 21, London, UK, NFD,

Morning All!! Yesterday’s FD went well, just a small tuna salad for dinner as I made it for lunch but I was too busy to eat!!!😱😱😱 The best FD’s are busy days.💪🏼💪🏼

I walked with Leslie last night and ‘attempted’ a plank, I will NOT be posting the minutes (I mean seconds of course🤭) that I was able to hold it!!

@ccco, I love a nice cup of tea, but I’m trying to retrain my taste buds against sweet tastes, and I CANNOT have an unsweetened cup of tea, coffee’s fine, herbal tea is fine, but I must have Truvia in my English breakfast tea!😢

@merryapple & @penz, I have had a Wordle in one🏆 ………………….. but only because my colleague stupidly pronounced one morning “Wow wasn’t today’s Wordle tricky? It took me 5 goes to get SUGAR” ……………. I do Wordle before bed, so I was livid, but you can’t unhear these things!!!

Disappearing double post and then your edit appeared BEFORE my post @stitchincarol…………….. very strange!! Perhaps you were still within the ‘edit’ time although I thought that was 5 mins.🤔🤔

Double benefits of guzzling water @merryapple, I’m up to about 3L/day now and I try to get it all in before 7pm to avoid midnight loo visits, but during the day I’m using the frequent loo visits as an opportunity to do 20 squats and 20 wall press-ups each time I go!!!💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

@funshipfreddie🤣🤣🤣🤣 ………………..“the key to the wall safe is with…the keys I couldn’t find. I know – I’m a genius 🤦‍♂️” I’m laughing, but as another daydreaming, sensitive typical Piscean; I’m not sure why I’m laughing …………………………… this could be me!!!!😲😲😲

@jaifaim, I need to look for a dance class, it gets lonely walking with Leslie, she’s a poor conversationalist!!!! I believe the carb (sugar) and fat combination (made to resemble breast milk ratios!) in milk chocolate, cake, biscuits & doughnuts is the ‘thing’ that makes it impossible to control cravings!!! It’s the formula manufacturers use to sell vast amounts of the “hyper-palatable” stuff and make us FAT!!!! What chance do we have of being healthy? I fear for kids today & those who have zero nutritional knowledge!!! ………………… https://www.afr.com/life-and-luxury/food-and-wine/how-almost-all-of-your-food-choices-became-ultra-processed-20230511-p5d7sh

Happy fasting folks!!!

“If you want apple pie tonight, have it, all of it, if you want cookies with that apple pie, have that as well, if you want ice cream on top of that have that as well. Have all of it, just do one thing for me ……………………….,make it all from scratch, if you do that the obesity problem would vanish”
    — Harry Belzer

Day 21 UK f800

Good luck curbing your solitaire habit @stitchincarol , those pesky games can hook you in , I spend far too much time quizzing on my phone – Wordle I love as it’s a quick 5 min hit @flourbaby @penz @merryapple I too have a 1 under my belt but that really is a fluke the 33 2s I’m putting down to skill 😂

It feels a hump day here , the weather is terrible – grey rainy and miserable looks like it’ll be a date with Leslie this afternoon

🐫 Have a good one all

Pocket List Day 21 ⚡️
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 21 UK NFD

In addition to my goal of a controlled healthy eating, alcohol free day with a 40 minute walk I realise I need to cut down on the coffee and drink more water. The idea of drinking water on a wet cold February day isn’t the least bit appealing, so I’m compromising and drinking a glass of water with every cup of coffee. Better make sure I don’t stray too far from a toilet.

@funshipfreddie welcome to the world of senior moments 😂 I had one recently, I opened the freezer door to unload the washing machine 🫤

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD?

Weigh-in: 226 lbs. I am planning on a FD today, but I heard someone whisper at work that they might be celebrating a coworker’s birthday. I think I’ll have an 80% chance of success, but sometimes these things are loaded with peer pressure to have something. Cake I can usually say, “thank you! I’ll save it for later.” But it’s harder when they’re all watching you to try something homemade — hmmm. But, I don’t think anything was organized this week, so maybe it’ll happen later next week 🙂

Tomorrow, I have a lunch meeting with colleagues, so I know tomorrow is out. @stitchincarol Yep! I usually go at least once a day over to the building across the quad and take the stairs up to the second floor to talk to my colleague in the business division (we’re the super-fasters at work, too… we did the 3 day challenge almost every week in January).

Not sure, but with a high level of certainty, I’ll go ahead and put myself on the pocket list today.

Pocket List Day 21 ⚡️
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to reply.