First week done… Great results

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
First week done… Great results

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Magistra 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• This is my first week trying 5:2. I have never done intermittent fasting or any fasting for that matter, so I have a lot to learn. However, I was able to complete two fast days this week and after weighing in this morning, I have lost 3.6 lbs. It seems like a lot, but I’m aware that often the first week is quite a drop. I’d be happy with the scale going down in general, even if it takes some time. I’m hoping to reap the other health benefits of fasting as well, and I’d like to see an improvement in my psoriasis.

On non-fast days I haven’t been counting, just eating “normally” including healthy food and occasional treats. I figured I’d start this way and see how things change over time. I also exercise 3x week (Metabolic Aftershock) – once on each of the fast days and another time on the weekend. I’m so grateful because this lifestyle seems very reasonable. Nice to meet all of you – I’m a newbie, can you tell? 😄

That’s great for your first week strawbreezy, I too have just started my 5:2 diet today and today is my first fasting day and looking to do my second on Friday. I will let you know how I get on after the week is up! Hopefully I will get as good a result as you!

Good Morning Ian,

I was very sceptical about this way of dieting to start with as I wasn’t loosing weight for the first two weeks despite training HARD every day, in the gym, boxing and hill sprints. And when I say hard, I mean that I did my leg day five days ago and hill sprints this morning was still sore! After a slight binge at the weekend on biscuits (not like me at all) I decided to go 4:3 this week with my final fasting day tomorrow as I am at work then travelling so thought it would be easier than a normal Friday night – and its WORKED!! Jumped on the scales and when I started this I was 141lbs and I was 138.6 this morning! Now I know this doesn’t sound a lot but s I only have about 10lbs to lose I was really struggling to shift the last few stubborn pounds!

Keep with it everyone, I am enjoying my food today reading for fasting tomorrow!

Were strong and we’ve got this! 😀

Hey, great to know you are getting results, I only have about 10lb to lose as well but I’m really hoping for improvement in my cholesterol results too. I’ve been a runner and gym user 6 days a week for 16 years and I’ve been vegetarian even longer. I have counted calories, tried eating to my macros, HFLC, weight watchers etc etc but given up all the diets quickly when it became so daily and I felt deprived. After my first week I’ve lost 1kg and not only do I look forward to the fast days because I feel so in control but the whole week seems manageable for the rest of my life.

Lany36, I have about 10lbs to lose too and am a lifelong vegetarian and runner as well! I’ve never tried to diet before but after a summer of not enough exercise and too much indulging, I decided to jump onboard and give this a go! Good luck to you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.