First timer….

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi

Struggling to know where to start with this diet, what I should be eating and how long to fast? Can anyone advise pls

Hi Miss and welcome:

This will give you most of the information you need: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

MissLilley, my husband and I have been fasting for 4+ years. We eat 600 calories/day on 2 Fast Days/week. We are at our target weights and will continue to eat like this until we decide not to.

Here are some suggestions for meals:
    Leek & Salmon Bake: 270 calories 7 g fat 2.9 g fiber 15.2 g protein 36.4 g carbs 225.6 mg Calcium PB GF Simply delicious.
    One 2-oz egg ½ oz salmon [could be leftover from a previous meal] 1/3 oz leek, sliced thinly 1 tsp low-fat sour cream OR plain Greek Yogurt dill weed to taste dash lemon juice ¼ cup blueberries 6 oz green smoothie or fruit smoothie or unpasturized apple cider blackish coffee or blackish tea or lemon in hot water
    Spritz an oven-proof ramekin [for 2 people, my Husband likes to use a 6×4” oval casserole] with non-stick spray and set the oven for 350 degrees F. Slice the leek and put in a microwave-safe dish. [NB: if the fish is raw, cut it into small pieces and put it in the dish, too] Cook in microwave for 30 minutes at high heat to soften the leek. Add to the ramekin. Whisk the egg with the sour cream, dill, lemon juice, and salt/pepper to taste. [NB: some people find dill to be a very strong flavor] Pour over the salmon/leek mixture and bake for 12-15 minutes. Prepare your beverages and dish the berries. Have a wonderful breakfast and a wonderful day.

Laughing Herb Bake: 270 calories 6.8 g fat 2.8 g fiber 14.2 g protein 35 g carbs 255 mg Calcium PB GF So rich! So creamy! So low in calories!
    One 2-oz egg ½ wedge Laughing Cow low-fat cheese lots of herbs, fresh or dried ½ Tbsp low-fat ricotta cheese 3 oz melon 6 oz green smoothie or fruit smoothie or unpasturized apple cider blackish coffee or blackish tea or lemon in hot water
    Spritz a ramekin with non-stick spray. Set the toaster oven at 350 F. Cream the cheeses together with the herbs. Using a rotary mixer, beat in the egg and salt/pepper to taste. Pour into the ramekin and bake at 350 F. 12-15 minutes. Plate the fruit, prepare the beverages.

A dinner:
    Chili non Carne: PB GF The recipe is my mother’s, except that she used beef. And she served it on a heap of mashed potatoes, but we won’t do that on a Fast Day.
    1 cup =133 calories 0.7 g fat 6.3 g fiber 7.1 g protein 9.8 g carbs 70 mg Ca
    1.5 c. =199 calories 1.1 g fat 9.1 g fiber 9.4 g protein 14.2 g carb 120 mg Ca
    HINT: This is enough for 4 one-cup servings OR two 1.5 cup servings with 1 cup left over. Save the remaining chili for a lunch or check other postings to see how we use it for breakfast.
    For 1.5 cups chili served with cheese garnish and melon, as in photo: 276 calories 9.7 g fat 6.1 g fiber 13.3 g protein 19.4 g carbs 227 mg Calcium
    15 oz canned red beans, drained and rinsed 16 oz canned tomatoes – in chunks or diced, not drained 1 cup chopped onion 1 green pepper, chopped 2-3 tsp chili pepper, or more if you like it hotter ½ – 1 tsp ground cumin per serving: 1 Tbsp cheddar cheese, grated, as a garnish 2 oz melon
    Saute the onion and green pepper in some of the tomato juices until tender. Add remaining ingredients and cook gently until the stew is thickened. Taste to see if it needs more seasoning. Serve one or one and a half cups for dinner tonight with the grated cheese on top, and melon on the side.

Baked White Fish with cheese: 145 calories 5.9 g fat 0 g fiber 33 g protein 0.2 g carb 129 mg Calcium PB GF Another winner from the Fast Diet book.
    6 oz firm white fish fillets such as haddock or cod 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, grated Your choice of vegetables to add up to 125 calories: ½ cup pickled beets [74 cal] 3 oz green beans [26 cal] ½ cup peas [62 calories] ½ cup carrot coins [12 cal] 3 oz broccoli florets [30 cal] 2 oz parsnip, sliced as coins [42 cal] 1 cups salad greens + ½ tsp lemon juice + 1 tsp olive oil [48 cal] 3 oz tomatoes [15 cal]
    Heat the oven to 400 F. Put the fish in an oven-proof dish which has been lightly smeared with olive oil. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables of your choice. How easy it is to be healthy!

Another one:
    Baltic Bake: 293 calories 5.5 g fat 7 g fiber 6.6 g fiber 12.8 g protein 33 g carbs 86.4 mg Calcium GF Believe it or not, this diet dinner is from the book Two Fat Ladies Obsessions. The meal has wonderful Eastern European flavors and is so simple to prepare that I assembled it in 16 minutes!!
    1.5 low-fat hot dogs [I like Hebrew National reduced-fat] ½ cup canned sauerkraut ¼ c pickled beets, drained ¼ c sliced onions ½ tsp horseradish 2 Tbsp white beans, drained and rinsed
    Put the hot dogs [frozen or thawed] and onions in a saucepan with a little water or some juice from the sauerkraut. Heat until the dogs are cooked and most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove the dogs and add remaining ingredients to the pan to heat. Cut the hot dogs into 5-6 pieces and put them back in the pan until all ingredients are heated through.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.