First month 5-2 gone – 14 lbs gone too

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
First month 5-2 gone – 14 lbs gone too

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fastfit 8 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I saw on TV Dr. Mosley’s show about fasting and its benefits, and I decided to try it, especially because I have some cholesterol and triglyceride problems. My physician prescribed me Crestor but after reading all the secondary effects I said to myself “hell no!!” So I decided to lose some weight, to take more care about what I eat and here I am, after one month only of following the 5-2 fasting program, I lost about 14 lbs. I had 193.5 lbs and now I am at 179.6 lbs. And yes, I am a man in his 40’s. I didn’t expect that at all. My wife started with me and she lost about 8 lbs in the same time, which I understand is above average (in general) for women. I will continue this program because I find it great even though I hope I’ll not become too skinny (176-177 lbs would be just right) in the next 2 month.
    I will post my results about my cholesterol and triglyceride in about 2 month too, because I think it is good to know if 5-2 fasting helps in this area.
    Have a great week-end !

Wow, that’s fantastic! If you find you are losing too much, you could switch to 6:1 and still get some benefits from fasting, or eat more on your eating days. Anxious to hear about your blood work!

Hi fastfit- I see you and I are both using alternate day fasting- How’s it going for you? I am 1 month in to the diet and I have lost 7 lbs. I am 47 and in peri-menopause so weight loss has been difficult until discovering this plan. I have about 15 lbs to go. I love this site- it has been inspiring and helpful for me.

Hi calibikini! Well, I’m only 2 weeks in, but I like it so far. I have lost 4 lbs, and I only wanted to lose a total of 10. I am 44 years old. I do it a little differently than suggested; I fast for 24 hours, starting after dinner, then break my fast with a “normal” dinner the following day, which is often more than 500 calories. I don’t find the fasting hard at all. Today was an eating day, and for some reason I ate way too much, but that is unusual. I have also found this site helpful and very informative. Keep in touch!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.