finally a fastday that was tasty savory healthy filling

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Meal plans and meals
finally a fastday that was tasty savory healthy filling

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  wiltldnrUSA 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• 3rd fastday this of the wk

i really wanted garlic wings w/ hot sauce but that would b super high cals & unhealthy on a fastday
    back 2 trying 2 figure out a comfort food in2 a fastday food
    becoming my hobby ๐Ÿ˜€

dinner

Chicken, thigh, roasted, grilled, or baked, skinless no bone 4 ounce(s) cooked, no bone 130
    kelp noodles gold mine nat fd(super lowcarb low cals healthy) 1 cup 12
    Garlicยฎ GoldenSauce hot wing Sauce 1ยฝ tablespoon 32

snack
    Banana freeze dried 4 slice 21
    Strawberry freeze dried ยฝ cup, halves 19

jello pudding sugar free xylotol 1 cup 60
    w/ Walnuts put in it 1 nut = 2 halves 26

cheese Light Garlic & Herb thelaughingcow 3 wedges 105
    finnCrisp Thin , Multigrain 3 crispbread (3-1/2″ x 1-7/8″ x 1/4″) 75

Your Menu Total 480 cals

most people don’t like kelp noodle because of there shape & it is hard 2 eat
    however, if u put it in a chopper they become super tiny like rice
    perfect 4 soups or omellette or like this menu
    like mixing the wing hot sauce w/ the kelp
    & cutting up the cooked thighs w/ scissors & mixing it all up
    in a bowl

mmmmmm goood

better than hot wings

healthy nutrient part breakdown @ the usda supertracker

Your Menu Total Whole Grains 1ยฝ oz. Vegetables 1 cup Carbohydrate 34 g Dietary Fiber 9 g

happy fastdays ๐Ÿ˜€

Sounds delicious but I have to translate the sauce into Australian product. Is it Garlic Golden Sauce hot wing sauce? ‘M off to the supermarket?

they have many sauces

http://thelube.com/qsl/sauces.html

just checkmarking
    the
    Notify me of follow-up replies via email
    oh well iโ€™ll go make my dinner & listen 2 a free book from my lbr
    on my super old mp3 ๐Ÿ˜€
    while copy pasting ugh this reply 2 all
    now i wish i were a newbie 2 many 2do

wanted a breakfast 4 dinner

4 a fastday comfort food

omelette
    Cheese, Mozzarella, part skim ยผ cup, shredded 85
    Eggs, fried, no fat added 2 medium egg(s) 126
    kelp noodles gold mine nat fd 1 cup 12

grind kelp in chopper then it’s like rice
    mix it in w/ above

nice pulling gooey mozarella w/ this omelette

instead of creamcheese & bagel & jam

i just dipped the popcorn in2 the creamcheese & bagel

Cream cheese product, fat free 1 tablespoon 16
    Apricot Preserves Sugar Free,Polaner 2 tablespoon 20
    Popcorn, air-popped (no butter or oil added) 1 cup, 31

SIDE

Bacon, pork, smoked or cured, cooked 4 thin slice 108

SNACK

apple freezedried fugi 1 bag kirkland ยพ cup, sliced 35

Total Calories 434 CALS

NUTRITION

Whole Grains
    ยฝ oz.

Vegetables
    1 cup(s)

Protein
    29 g

Dietary Fiber
    21 g

this was goood

oops meant 2 say dipped in jam & cream chesse

also cook the bacon 1st

so u can use the fat 4 the omelette

bon appetit all

That sounds like a delious fast day. Do u have a recipe book or just love to cook? My fast days are boring. Yogurt mid day then diner. Not a fan of cooking. I am howerver a fan of popcorn. Mixing popcorn with the cream cheese and jam genius. Loving your savory fast day

I’m on a fast day today & I’m having salmon 136g = 292.4 cals, 350g stirfry veg = 144 cals, 100g Pak Choi = 13 Cals, and 30ml Light Soy Sauce = 18 Cals and lots of water = 0 cals.
    Grand total = 467.4 cals.
    Yummy

It would be great to have pictures of some of the meals we all make. I’m fasting today too. I’ve shredded a couple of brussel sprouts, some courgette and red pepper and I’m stir frying with slim noodles and thai seasoning in one cal oil. Can’t wait until 7pm, mouth watering already. Enough…time to hit the sparkling water again ๐Ÿ™‚

redflame625

no i’m not a gourmand cook just a simple cook

i just got it in2 my head that i want comfort food on fastdays

like i knew i couldn’t have a big usa breakfast on fastday

but mayb i could changed it

so i make it a challenge 2 myself 2 make fastday interesting

sometimes like u i don’t feel like cooking
    i just get a can of amy’s lentil soup (i put seasonings in it)
    2 cups is 1 can

since that has 1 cup veggies & 1 cup protein & dietary fiber
    so the nutrition part is covered that dr michael recommends
    all 4
    360 cals

easy & fast & filling & actually tastes good

“white pizza” one of my biggest cravings
    put that in search bar u will c how i replaced that 2 ๐Ÿ˜€

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/search-results/?q=%22white%20pizza%22

also i will bump the post of how nutritious popcorn is that has allot of popcorn meals i’ve tried

can’t wait 2 c what u come up

happy fasting ๐Ÿ™‚

aniann

i don’t like brussel sprouts

but shredded i might
    never thought of that

thanks

Wilt (going to call you that from now on, much shorter & friendlier), look up shredded brussel sprout recipes, there are lots out there and with a bit of tweaking, can be incorporated into a fast day. ๐Ÿ™‚

aniann

usa is what i should have used

wilt is fine ๐Ÿ™‚ (hope i’m not a wilted flower never thought of that ugh) there was a reason i came up w/ my original name someone asked on this forum & i told them

yes u got me excited about this item i will search 4 recipes

luckily 2day is nonfastday

because 4 all 2 know

What’s New and Beneficial About Brussels Sprouts

Brussels sprouts can provide you with some special cholesterol-lowering benefits if you will use a steaming method when cooking them. The fiber-related components in Brussels sprouts do a better job of binding together with bile acids in your digestive tract when they’ve been steamed. When this binding process takes place, it’s easier for bile acids to be excreted, and the result is a lowering of your cholesterol levels. Raw Brussels sprouts still have cholesterol-lowering ability โ€” just not as much as steamed Brussels sprouts.
    Brussels sprouts may have unique health benefits in the area of DNA protection. A recent study has shown improved stability of DNA inside of our white blood cells after daily consumption of Brussels sprouts in the amount of 1.25 cups. Interestingly, it’s the ability of certain compounds in Brussels sprouts to block the activity of sulphotransferase enzymes that researchers believe to be responsible for these DNA-protective benefits.
    For total glucosinolate content, Brussels sprouts are now known to top the list of commonly eaten cruciferous vegetables. Their total glucosinolate content has been shown to be greater than the amount found in mustard greens, turnip greens, cabbage, kale, cauliflower, or broccoli. In Germany, Brussels sprouts account for more glucosinolate intake than any other food except broccoli. Glucosinolates are important phytonutrients for our health because they are the chemical starting points for a variety of cancer-protective substances. All cruciferous vegetables contain glucosinolates and have great health benefits for this reason. But it’s recent research that’s made us realize how especially valuable Brussels sprouts are in this regard.
    The cancer protection we get from Brussels sprouts is largely related to four specific glucosinolates found in this cruciferous vegetable: glucoraphanin, glucobrassicin, sinigrin, and gluconasturtiian. Research has shown that Brussels sprouts offer these cancer-preventive components in special combination.
    Brussels sprouts have been used to determine the potential impact of cruciferous vegetables on thyroid function. In a recent study, 5 ounces of Brussels sprouts were consumed on a daily basis for 4 consecutive weeks by a small group of healthy adults and not found to have an unwanted impact on their thyroid function. Although follow-up studies are needed, this study puts at least one large stamp of approval on Brussels sprouts as a food that can provide fantastic health benefits without putting the thyroid gland at risk.

WHFoods Recommendations

You’ll want to include Brussels sprouts as one of the cruciferous vegetables you eat on a regular basis if you want to receive the fantastic health benefits provided by the cruciferous vegetable family. At a minimum, include cruciferous vegetables as part of your diet 2-3 times per week, and make the serving size at least 1-1/2 cups. Even better from a health standpoint, enjoy Brussels sprouts and other vegetables from the cruciferous vegetable group 4-5 times per week and increase your serving size to 2 cups.

It is very important not to overcook Brussels sprouts. Not only do they lose their nutritional value and taste but they will begin to emit the unpleasant sulfur smell associated with overcooked cruciferous vegetables.

Nutrients in
    Brussels Sprouts
    1.00 cup raw (88.00 grams)
    Nutrient%Daily Value

vitamin K194.7%

vitamin C124.6%

manganese15%

folate13.4%

fiber13.3%

vitamin A13.2%

potassium9.7%

vitamin B69.5%

tryptophan9.3%

vitamin B18%

iron6.8%

phosphorus6%

protein5.9%

molybdenum5.8%

magnesium5%

vitamin B24.7%

choline3.9%

vitamin E3.8%

omega-3 fats3.7%

calcium3.6%

vitamin B33.3%

Calories (37)2%

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=10

happy fastday ๐Ÿ™‚

Pally666

hmm 2 make it mediterranean ๐Ÿ™‚

i’ll add Olive oil 1/2 teaspoon 20 cals w/ the soy
    got2 have those fats 2 make the heart healthy โ™ซโ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ซ

total now 487.4 cals

thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.