Feeling positive

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi all
    I a back on track since April having lost 2stone, and feel absolutely wonderful, I have another 2 stone to go, but am feeling the benefits now and people are starting to notice.
    I am wanting to encourage everyone to stick with it as it really does work, be honest, be active, and enjoy

Great to read your progress! Always good to read good news!

Hi my name is dawn i have been on this diet for seven weeks now and have lost 11 lbs and i can get in some off my old clothes. i feel and look a lot better , people have noticed i have lost weight. but i seem to have stuck on the scales the last two weeks. has anyone had the same problem and how do i get the scales moving again. any ideas.

Hi Dawn, just keep going, sometimes the scales get stuck! Concentrate on having good fast days, and eating normal portions of normal meals on non fast days. Remember you are in this for the long haul, so it doesn’t matter if you stall at times.
    Congratulations on your journey so far!

Thank you for your kind words

Well done for your 11lb loss, and doesn’t it feel good to get back into clothes again, sometimes this can happen ie staying the same, check you are sticking to you 500 calories on the days you have chosen, sometimes we think oh that will be ok, and without realising you can go over, also step up exercise, but just stick with it, remember how well you have done

Hi Portugal and welcome:

The average weight loss on 5:2 over time is about a pound a week. You are well over that, but some of your initial large weight loss was water weight which you cannot lose again. So what is happening is you are getting into the situation where you have to rely on fat weight loss rather than water weight loss to continue your downward progress.

As mentioned, just keep on doing 5:2 correctly – 500 or fewer calories on diet days, TDEE or less on non diet days – and your weight loss will resume, but just not at the fast pace you are used to. And your weight loss will not be consistent – you will go two or three weeks sometimes without losing anything, and then you will lose two or three pounds in one week. It is just the way it is, and you have to get used to it.

Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. You might check the ‘Really – No Weight Loss’ link for an example of what I am talking about.

Good Luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.