February Challenge

This topic contains 733 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  JudyJudes 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 734 total)

• Day 23 Ohio, US — NFD (64 bites)

A good NFD and a little bit more energy than yesterday, so that’s a good thing.
    Hope everyone is getting into the Mardi Gras spirit!

Here’s a start to Monday’s pocket list:

@saffy420
    @matpi

Day 24 – Japan – WFD #15

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@ccco: It sounds a good plan, what you do, stopping eating at lunchtime and starting at the same time next day. The hardest thing for me is missing breakfast……but when I eat breakfast, it starts me on the road to more eating during the day….tut, tut..
    @emma-taylor: Like you I rarely, if ever, read fiction. Fancy joining a book club putting you off!!

Anyway, just a quick call-in to the forum before setting off for work. I’ve heard we’re in for yet another wet day. The rural part of my delivery is like an absolute MIRE! Luckily, three-quarters of my time is spent in the town, on tarmac.

Pocket list Day 24:

@dykask

Day 24, Emden Germany, FD

I’m not very motivated today but I’ll give it a go and see where it ends.

@ciren2 I hope you don’t get soaked today!

Pocket list Day 24

@saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

First FD in about three weeks but I am prepared. Small chicken and Oatbran bread sandwhich at lunch then maybe veg soup for dinner.

The weather is super rotten, the rain! Plus it’s forecast to get colder later on and wintry showers. At least the daffodils are up which always makes me feel good (hence my name, I love daffs ☺️).

@ccco tulips up already? That is super early.

@i-hate-lettuce well done on the superb performance by England yesterday. I don’t know where Ireland where at at all. Suffice to say we were disappointed in our house ☹️

On the 8am start in work this week so better fly.

Pocket List Day 24
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Here’s to the last week of the February Challenge – as @angrypony said,’YES WE CAN!’

@flourbaby – Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎈🎂🥂

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

2nd post

@flourbaby – Happy Birthday!

Day 24 – Lake District Cumbria – FD

Good morning everyone,

After a ‘bad’ weekend, watching lots of rugby and consuming slightly more than my beer/alcohol quota, this mornings plans have gone out of the window!
    Got up to be greeted with snow, not the lovely deep fresh snow with blue skies and cold air type of snowy day! We don’t get snow here very often and it’s rarely good when we do, no, this morning it’s wet, mild and the ‘snow’ is slushy horrible stuff, so my plan for a long walk is on hold for a little while!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and ready for what I suspect will be a long Pocket list today, I’m going to see if I can finish the month with another B2B x 4 until Fridays weigh in.

@daffodil2010 – Yes The Irish lads were not their usual selves at all, unusual for them to have such a bad day.

@flourbaby – Happy Birthday, hope you have a fun day.

Take care all.

Pocket List – Day 24
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24 UK FD

Morning all , usual desperate attempt to salvage the month in the last week for me Happy Birthday @flourbaby🎉

Pocket List – Day 24
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 24, Cheshire UK FD

Yesterday was ok, managed to walk about 3 miles by going out a couple of times. I’ve not managed to get to my target of 5 miles a day for the end of February mainly due to the weather. Still I’ll keep trying.

I found a Tom Kerridge cookbook over the weekend, (he’s a chef in the UK who lost over 150 lbs a few years ago). It was the book from last years tv series he did about losing weight. There are loads of really good low calorie recipes which I’m going to try out. I struggle this time of year with FD meals – they’re usually a protein and salad. I’m not really a soup lover so don’t have it often. Salads are not really an issue in the summer but not very satisfyingly when it’s cold and wet. So tonight it will be chicken in a tomato mascarpone sauce with veg. I’ll report back!

@ flourbaby happy birthday. 🎂🍾. I hope you had a lovely time in Spain.

Good luck to everyone fasting today.
    Pocket List – Day 24
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420

Happy Monday everyone.

Day 24 Melb Aust 1000 cals
    Day 23 NFD
    Day 22 TDEE

Going okay. Weighed the same Saturday as Friday, which I felt was a bit unfair after a FD (well, FD800), but at least it WAS the same, and I actually tipped over back to the 70s (79.9kg, but who’s counting 🙂 !). Anyway, good that my downward progression is continuing. It has to; most of my winter clothes won’t fit until I lose another 3 or 4 kg. What IS weird is that while my bust and waist are showing the loss, there’s been very little shift off my hips yet, and they’re nearly an inch bigger than they were at this weight last time I was losing. That just doesn’t make sense to me.

Anyway, glad folk are enjoying the rugby, and sorry to read of all the miserable weather. It’s summer here, but a cooler February than usual, which I don’t mind a bit.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 24 – Ireland – FD

USA Day 24 FD

Adding myself to the pocket list!

Pocket List – Day 24
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @ccco

Happy Birthday, Flourbaby! 🙂

Please will someone add me to the pocket list? I’m on the bus….

USA Day 24 FD

Just added you to the pocket list, Emma Taylor!

Pocket List – Day 24
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @ccco
    @emma Taylor

Emma

Day 24 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@flourbaby Happy Birthday 🥳

Pocket List – Day 24
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @ccco
    @emma Taylor
    @missybear

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Day 24 Canada FD

First FD in over a week 😱 glad I have a pocket list of fasters to help me get through the day 🙏

Pocket List – Day 24
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @ccco
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @bellyblast

What an awful rain-sodden, cold and miserable day on the deliveries today! My own waterproofs failed me too….Royal Mail’s are totally USELESS in anything above a light shower or two! So glad to get home into the dry and warm.

Pocket List – Day 24

@i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @ccco
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @bellyblast

Day 24 UK FD
    Day 23 UK EFS
    Day 22 Paris EFS
    Day 21 Paris EFS
    Day 20 Paris EFS

I’m back from Paris with an extra 10% added – not quite free! Full on but lovely time with DD. Now aching all over from the extra exertion and rather too big for… more than my boots! Unmotivated but determined FD today….not least bc my clothes don’t fit and I’m not comfortable in my body.

Lent starts on Weds & it usually keeps me on the straight & narrow. Pondering what to give up this year…. sweets/cakes/biscuits might do me better than going vegan again bc that seems to be my weakest point right now. That still leaves me carbs & cheese pitfalls – which unsurprisingly were quite a feature of my time in France! I’ve not sat comfortably on the waggon for some months. Glad to be hosting March, which will make me pay attention on a daily basis

Off to stretch and meditate, early supper & early bed. Healthy self-care is exactly what I need today.

@flourbaby happy birthday!!
    @jaifaim hope the weekend was peaceful x

Pocket List Day 24
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @ccco
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme

Day 24, VA, USA, FD

Started with broth usually I wait till lunch, but I was feeling stuffy headed so bowl of broth to start the day. I half expected it would make me hungry, but so far I’ve crept up on a late lunch without much hunger at all. I cut up some onions and about a pound and a half of carrots to put into broth for lunch as well as have some saved up for supper for my sweetheart and I later.

I was going to add salt and pepper, but I recalled a little voice in my head that said taste it first and really just the chicken broth with cut up carrots is down right delightful. Its like sweet and savory together.

@ciren2 – I had to laugh when I read the “NO snacking…” So far I’m listening… ((backing up so maybe I’m out of ear shot range – haha)

@jaifaim – hugs to you. You have made baby steps that you will make again. I just like when you take steps and fall down, you don’t undo what you learned you just get to learn something new. I too have come to the conclusion that bread and or pasta is my biggest weight gain/battle. I do my best to either avoid them OR count every single calorie so that I don’t just fall into a hole (that would undoubtedly be filled with biscuits, rolls, crackers, and crisp) ha.

@emma-taylor – I too was hopeless and not a fan of drinking water until this WOL. It took me quite some time of just starting every FD with no breakfast *which was my favorite meal of the day*. After a while tho of drinking an 8oz glass of water every morning to start the day, and reminding myself I was not going to have something later until dinner was good for me to connect more with water. Things that helped along the way: Slice of lemon or Lime in the water. Having plain seltzer water (sometimes the bubbles just settled better in my belly). For My ADF – I fasted 36 hours So I start the fast after supper on Sunday (Entire monday would be a WFD *no calories) Then eat Breakfast (or most times just waited till lunch because I realized I wasn’t hungry till lunch)

@basyjames – Yay!!! Good for you and your ATL!!! Woot Woot!

@flourbaby – 🎉🎈🎂🎈🍾🎈 🍾🎈🎂🎈🎉
    In honor of the day you popped out into this world!

Pocket List Day 24
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @saffy420
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @ccco
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme
    @rabbette

@rabbette: Listen now.. NO SNACKING!

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

Interesting article about timing of eating — especially this:

“In another study, women with metabolic syndrome were asked to follow a 1,400-calorie diet, with one group eating most of those calories at breakfast and lunch, and the other group having at least half of that caloric intake at dinner. After three months, the first group’s participants lost an average of 19 pounds, and the second group only about 8 pounds each — despite everyone eating the exact same number of calories.”

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/does-meal-timing-matter-for-losing-weight/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MFP_Newsletter_20200224_Winner

I generally like to eat my biggest meal at dinner…maybe ought to rethink that?

Onward and downward.

Day 25, Tas, Aus FD
    @flourbaby – Happy Birthday 🙂
    What an excellent pocket list for day 24. I was away on Monday, so decided to do my 1st FD of this week today instead. Hope everyone managed theirs well.
    I’m going to wait as long as I can before eating today I think to extend the fast. This will be my 4th week.
    Today’s pocket list-‘
    @cateaus.

Day 25, md US, NFD

@flourbaby Happy Birthday! @ciren2 thank you. Today was a controlled day as my DH needed to adjust our FDs to Tues and Thurs this week. That was
    A good pocket list today indeed, bravo all! More
    Tomorrow.

Day 25 – Japan – NFD

Water fast 15 went well enough. I’m just way behind in everything right now.

Day 24 Ohio, US — MFD

A good day of fasting, but after a 3 hour long meeting this evening, I’m quite tired, so will be retiring soon.

@flourbaby Happy Birthday!

@songbirdme Thanks for the article link!! Daniela Jakubowicz has written a book, “The Big Breakfast Diet” in which she does a good job of giving the science behind front-loading the day with one’s meals. The subtitle starts off: “Eat Big Before 9 A.M.”, so it’s right in line with the article.

@michelinme Thanks for hosting March! Sounds as though Paris was a delightful time! The old Lenten practice of fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays may have been the original 5:2!?

Happy Mardi Gras all!

Day 25: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Hoping for a better day, both mailwise AND weatherwise today.

@songbirdme: There’s an old saying that goes something like ” breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and sup like a pauper”….or words to that effect.
    I must say, I was brought up on big breakfasts…..that’s why I find it so hard to do without! As a child we always had a two course breakfast…..wheatabix (or similar) followed by poached egg on toast, or something else eggy. Our main meal was at lunch time and then “tea” at around 5pm.

Day 25, Emden Germany, NFD

no FD yesterday, again.

@songbirdme and @matpi interesting study! This could be something for me, I seem to need a breakfast at the moment. I may be the stormy, wet weather.

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good first FD in 3weeks yesterday, weight shifted by 1pound, which is not the usual after weekend weight loss, but it’s better than nowt!!! Having to steer my FD’s around DH and his new working hours, ie he is home for dinner every evening now, but it worked out ok last night.

As long as we eat together, albeit different foods, then it does not feel hard done by. I enjoyed my veg soup while he had a steak cooked blue (which would never ever ever in a million years tempt me 😲).

Plus we are taking evening walks together so I am getting three walks in a day now..morning, lunch, evening…that will have to have some benefit as my clothes are way too snug and I saw 150 on the scale, and it was only a short time ago that I wS aghast at seeing 140 on the scale.

It’s Pancake Tuesday in Ireland. That’s how we celebrate the start of Lent…..making pancakes 🤔 I won’t bother though, it’s more for children. A nice CD today with a good protein rich dinner instead.

Enjoy Mardi Gras /Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Tuesday….or whatever you are having yourself today.

Day 25 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

In spite of the weather managed over 5 miles yesterday, had to split it into a MOAM quick 35 mins then another longer walk in the afternoon. Morning saw me in full waterproofs and wellies, think you could’ve seen the steam rising out of my hood, just too hot.
    @ciren2 – you have my sympathy re waterproofs! Gary, our postie, always wears shorts, even on the wettest coldest days as he says, ‘skin is waterproof’. My jacket is brilliant, totally waterproof, but can’t get decent lightweight leggings, but I get too hot even in lightweight ones!

Another of my weaknesses, cheese! But since starting on this WOL we have started using Pecorino as a topping, very finely grated. It’s a hard cheese with a good strong flavour so don’t need very much at all, helps keep the calorie count down.

Pocket list day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @cateaus.

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Good FD yesterday, and half a kilo down. If I can nuke a kilo by the weekend, then I’ll be back down to 72kgs.

@daffodil2010 – Pancake Day! That what’s we called it when I was a kid. We sprinkled sugar on them, and a squirt of lemon juice. Last week for my birthday lunch we went to a seaside place called ‘Pancake Heaven’. I had the chicken & mushroom. Then it was Mexican/margaritas for dinner 🤪

Day 1 – UK – FD (800)

Hi All

May I join you please. I realise this month is nearly up and I would love to join the March challenge. I used to post quite some time ago and got out of the habit. I’ve copied & pasted a post I made yesterday as it includes my profile and starting point below (apologies if not allowed):-

‘Profile:- I’m petite in stature, low activity due to spine problems (do what I can), thyroid problems (medicated), coeliac (avoid gluten) and mid 50s. I have previously visited these forums but have been inactive for some time.

I’ve been actively trying to lose weight since October 2017. In under a year I lost 20lbs doing a mashup of Mediterranean Diet/5:2/Blood Sugar diet. Never going over 1200 calories a day. Then I stalled for about 6 months before losing another 6lbs over another year by incorporating Fast800. I was unable to sustain Fast800 so reverted to calorie counting and not eating over 1200 but mainly sticking to 1000.

I track everything I eat or drink via the MFP app. I weigh my foods to ensure accurate portion control. I favour low carb Mediterranean type foods. Rarely drink alcohol. Don’t smoke.

I’ve lost a firm total of 26lbs and brought my BMI down to 27.9 from a high of 33.2. To achieve a healthy BMI I need to lose another 20lbs. Which given my experience seems an impossible task.

The past 12 months I’ve just yo-yoed the same 4 to 5lbs. Despite all my efforts, its very disheartening to realise I weight exactly the same as this time last year. I just cannot seem to lose weight on 1000 – 1200 calories. On the other hand without my efforts I am quite sure I’d be much heavier than I am!’

I intend to fast on 800 calories twice a week. My starting weight is 145lbs.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Day 25, Cheshire UK NFD

@judyjudes welcome, you’ll find this forum to be one of the friendliest and most supportive online. I used to post on here a couple of years ago then lost the plot and gained the weight so came back here at the beginning of Feb. I’ve been kicking myself about leaving in the first places.

So today is a NFD, we are hoping to see the new Virgin cruise ship which is coming into Liverpool today. We appear to have sunshine today, we’ll see how long that lasts! We’ll be having pancakes later as my hubby loves them and insists on them. I’ll have one with my low cal ice cream so not too much damage.

Scales were kind again, another 1 lb loss. I seem to be on a steady path at the minute, still I need to lose at least another 30lbs so at this rate it will be Christmas before I’m near my ideal weight.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Day 25. Second half of 24 hour fast day. London.

24 hour no calorie fast is nearly over. Feel fine now but yesterday evening was difficult. I didn’t eat anything yesterday morning, had a pretty small lunch with my sister yesterday, and that was it. Might have to rethink how to split the 24 hours. It might be easier to start it mid afternoon to mid afternoon. I feel fine now but at 11 last night I was a bit hangry. 🙁 And thanks for the water tips. As soon as I drank more water yesterday I felt better. Simple equation really.

Day 25 Melb Aust CD

Going okay. At least 3 kg down so far this month, and hope to finish well.

Interesting discussion re when to eat. Another forum has talked of how breakfast actually meant “break the fast”, and was a light snack for workers up at sunrise to break their overnight fast, and they actually ate more heartily around 11 a.m.

I’ve read articles suggesting it’s best to eat more earlier in the day, but for me – once I start to eat, I will eat 3 meals and am also likely to snack, so it’s better for me to go very light in the morning – 1/2 a low-GI breakfast biscuit just to take meds – then main meal early evening, about 6 p.m. As I rarely go to bed before 11 p.m. or midnight, that leaves me several hours for food to clear before I sleep, which seems to suit me best. If I ate at 6 p.m. and was in bed at 9 p.m., or had my evening meal mid-evening (8-9 p.m.), I think it might be more of a problem. Does anyone else have any observations about that?

Okay, keep fasting everyone!

Day 25 UK NFD

Agree it’s all about finding what works best for you , I do pretty similar to you @betsylee with the exception of I have a cup of Bouillon at lunch time I think it’s about 12-15 cals and I find it enough to trick me in to thinking I’ve had lunch but it’s light enough to not release the dragons , saving all my 500 cals for dinner Usually something like Thai veg curry and I like to save enough for a small biscuit and coffee

Onwards ….

Day 25, London, UK, FD,

Thank-you, thank-you all for the Birthday wishes, as I’ve said before, it’s a day to celebrate the day of my birth, but I stopped actually counting them about 20 years ago!!!! FOREVER young!!!! I spent my birthday with my mum, visited by friends & family …………………………… and no cake or wine, it was a ‘school’ night after-all, Phew!!!

So, it’s back to the grindstone after my weekend away, and what a weekend it was!!! I think ALL- Inclusive holidays were NOT designed for the likes of me …………………. I mean GLUTTONS!!! However, the Spa was fabulous, I need one of those neck jet thingy’s in my bathroom tout suite!!!! @missybear, no need to tell me to let the inner warthog & her bestie wine dragon off the leash, before I could blink, they were off ……………………… I think I got whiplash!!

Anyway, I’ve returned with a lovely tan even though the swimsuit was a little snug & the shorts were definitely less baggy than Madeira last July, but there were 3 (older) gentlemen who told me I was beautiful or very pretty……………………………… I think I look younger than I am, so they felt comfortable doing that in a grandfatherly way, if it wasn’t; then eurgh!! ……………….. a well needed boost to my confidence!!

This week I need to knuckle down, drink as much water as possible and fast, fast, fast!!! It’ll have to be a B2B2B week since it’s my nieces B’day party this weekend, and although it’ll be dry (as you’d expect for a 10 year old!!) there WILL be cake!!!

Catching up on posts, I see I’m not alone in having a little break where indulgence is the name of the game (I’m looking at you @basyjames, @michelinme and resident jet-setter @emma-taylor!!!) That really is the beauty of this WOL aside from ‘I CAN have that doughnut; tomorrow!)

@rabbette, that snack dragon is worse than the wine dragon, not only does that ‘little bit’ here & there add up, but it robs you of the ability to say NO, to enjoy the empty fasted feeling or to do something other than THINK ABOUT FOOD!!!!

@jaifaim, it’s a tough week for you, I couldn’t attend a funeral in Kildare a few weeks ago, but there was a webcam, so I viewed the service, (who knew??) which was lovely such a good idea for those spread all over the globe!!

@funshipfreddie, I’m planning to annihilate my extra 2lbs with some serious dragon drowning, I’ll make sure I get 3L today & breakfast at 2-3pm!!!

I’m wondering whether ‘front loading’ would only work for me if mixed with “eat, stop, eat” since once I start, there’s no stopping me!! So maybe fast all day as though it was OMAD but skip that meal until it becomes easy, then breakfast like a king the following morning, eat up to TDEE throughout the day, then repeat. 0 calorie ADF with front loaded NFDs ………….. it’s a plan I might look at for March!

Stay strong everyone, let’s not get complacent, we still need to put the work in, stay on track & keep our eyes on the prize!!!!

Day 25 USA (Illinois) FD

Welcome @judyjudes — you’re more than welcome to join us, and likely we’ll have a March (“madness”?) Challenge come up as well. This is one terrific group of fasters!!

Going to do a FD today —

Pocket list day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @cateaus
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Hi @judyjudes: I seem to remember your name from one of the previous challenges, don’t I? Anyway welcome to February and March in advance. Good to have you.
    @i-hate-lettuce: Gary, your postie is one of the year-round short-wearers I see. Every office has some! I wear mine into November, then it gets a bit on the cold side….I start again during March when it warms up. Currently I wear shorts inside the office and trousers out on delivery…..maybe I should toughen up!!

Happy pancake day……we had ours already…..mmmmm

Day 25 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 23 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 24 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD

Had a lovely weekend celebrating with my DH and some ‘old’ friends. Didn’t overdo things too much, but I wasn’t a saint either.
    Yesterday was a visit to my mum’s and today was a wine tasting experience. I didn’t realise how ‘bad’ a week it was going to be. Tomorrow and Thursday it will be a pub lunch. So I won’t be able to fast until Friday. So I’m hoping to make it a B2B Friday and Saturday. Here’s hoping.
    I hope everyone has a lovely pancake day and a good end to the month.

Day 25 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD slid into NFD with the advent of some nuts. On the bright side, it was definitely a reset OMAD after the indulgences of Paris (and post Paris!) And no carbs, sugar or cheese 🙂

Post holiday weigh in is *ahem* 158 – that’s 2lbs up on the month & 2lbs over the top of a healthy BMI 🙁 Definitely need to drink more water and do some planning ahead. I’ve recently woken the sugar & carb dragon who isn’t helping my clothes to fit.

Today has been shaped around return trip to dentist – painful injections, numb lips and fat face have meant no food thus far. Now for a healthy supper and a few skinny pancakes.

Still pondering Lent. Either being a Lenten vegan with sweet things back to a once a week treat, or focus on cutting sweet things and keep going with my usual vegetarian. But first, pancakes!

Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can – It all counts 🙂

Day 25, md US, FD

Pocket list! Hard to do from mobile sorry. I think someone shared this article, wanted to reshare https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/17/well/eat/the-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting.html

@songbirdme, read your link. Also good.

Has anyone been successful on 16 off 8 on, everyday? Seems people I work with do this and similar to the nytimes article. Curious to hear this groups experience if at all????? TIA! Good FD so far. 😍

Pocket list day 25
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @cateaus
    @songbirdme
    @cavanya

Yes, @cavanya I have heard of very good success with 16:8 – of course, you need to remember TDEE should not be exceeded even in that 8. That’s what can be hard for me on NFD’s when hubby can eat almost anything and remain at his weight. He loves his desserts not long before bedtime which is well outside of my 8 hours to eat.

USA Day 25 FD

Happily, I just ended my 24 hour WFD at 1 p.m. my time successfully. Emma Taylor, I do my water fasts from 1 p.m. to 1 p.m. because the time includes overnight sleeping, which I find to be very helpful. I also successfully do 16:8 when I do eat, which I find easy to do. My issue is primarily not overeating on my NFDs, which I am working on! Good luck, Emma Taylor in finding what I would call your water fasting sweet spot! 🙂

Day 26, Tas, Aus NFD
    After saying I was not going to weigh myself until the 18th of next month & after a weekend away with live music, lots of bubbles etc & telling myself not to be upset if I hadn’t lost anything still, I hopped on the scales this morning & have lost 2 kg. I have now completed a month on 5:2 & will happily continue on as I have settled into it. I had a very hungry FD yesterday. It helps so much to say that I can have whatever I like the next day, but I just don’t eat anything unhealthy anyway when that day comes. 🙂
    Welcome back @judyjudes
    Thanks to @michelinme for hosting the March challenge.

USA Day 25 FD

Cavanya, I have been successful doing 16:8. Most of the 16 hours are while I am asleep, so that makes it easier. I usually eat around 5:30 p.m., which means I will have breakfast at 10 a.m., with an early dinner. On days that I go into a WFD, I finish eating at 1 p.m. and 24 hours later I can eat. It is working quite well for me.

Day 26 country west Australia FD
    Had an EFS day yesterday ( well the last week really in preparation for Lent!!) with pancakes and fillings for Shrove Tuesday.
    Hoping to fast better over Lent – it’s all about discipline …..

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

…..and the first day of Lent..as you say @lilymartin: it’s all about discipline!
    @cateaus: What a happy relief for you as you stepped on those scales….congratulations! What motivation.
    @cavanya: When working, I often manage 15/9…..but my last meal of the day is too large to count, if I’m honest. I often finish it around 3pm and then eat breakfast the following day at about 6am.

Better go now. See you later xx

Day 26, Emden Germany, NFD

I decided to step back from the challenges, I just don’t want to do this anymore.

@ciren2 thanks for hosting us this month.

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Need to defrost my car, snow last night, only a sprinkling but it’s icy out there and cold.

Good NFD with DH. It’s been two years since we have sat down to dinner together on a weeknight and as weekends are usually wine nights, we have had to break the habit of wine with dinner when we dine together. So, we set the table with a 500ml glass of water to drink…….and once dinner over there is zero compulsion for an alcoholic drink.

Just making new habits. Another NFD today, and tomorrow is the final FD for Feb.

Sorry to see you leave @snowflake56. Great to see you back @flourbaby and compliments are nice and motivational whomever they may come from ☺️

Happy Hump Day and first day of Lent. Not giving up anything…just keep on keeping on.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 734 total)

You must be logged in to reply.