Fat or fiction

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JulieK1967 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I have been reducing my mass for 3 years through watching what I eat, well done I hear when I consider the fall from 101kg to 81kg. This has reduced my BMI from 32 down to 26 and this puts me below obese and in the overweight range. However I did a few measurements using the US navy body fat calculator and I’m still 30% fat! you can put me in a pan and I’d leak like a cheap sausage, but not convinced that this is accurate what’s the best way to measure body fat?

I do like a full English but sadly not very often.

I found this body fat calculator online not sure how it differs from the one you used? http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/body-fat-percentage-calculator

A full English breakfast isn’t necessarily an unhealthy breakfast as long as you grill the bacon, sausage & white/black pudding and perhaps have a poached egg instead of fried along with 1/2 a grilled tomato & perhaps some mushrooms sauteed in a tiny bit of olive oil.

Portion size is the key really, 1 of everything & less bread to mop up the juices. Bread is horrendously calorific for what it is. I used to eat a lot of bread albeit mainly wholemeal. Maybe 2 slices for breakfast with baked beans then a tuna salad sandwich at lunchtime & maybe a couple of pieces of french stick with whatever my dinner was. You have 500 calories just in 4 slices of average wholemeal bread!

I am trying to restrict myself to 1-2 small slices of Honey & Spelt bread each day on my 5 non-fasting days. If you follow the 5:2 diet you could have such a “mini” cooked breakfast on the 5 non-fasting days if you wanted to as long as you stay under your TDEE

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.