Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,941 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,601 through 4,650 (of 35,428 total)

• Audrey….

Well done on 1 lb loss….that’s really good and being away for 12 days or so in the caravan…

How’s the back today? Don’t go to mad at getting everything sorted…

Jean X

Hi Sym

Yes, I am enjoying painting the pots just finished… just demolished 2 crumpets with cheese. Yum. Just off to Audi and Lidl to see if they have anything nice and colourful to fill them.

Yes, my garden is a good size compared to new properties. A cottage garden very long …everything tumbling in together… Lol I don’t like any earth showing. iykwim. Lol Its my passion. Lost it for a few years and just “did” this year I have rediscover my hobby. So happy… Xx

Well done Aud… that lb is a brilliant achievement being away also. So thrilled for you. Xx

Just Gine and Coffee to go. Xx

Hi jean

My back is very sore again… in and out of muscle spasm! I think it’s coming from the fused vertibray in my neck.

I have never really suffered with back pain at the top of my spine before so we are into uncharted territory. …it makes a change from lower back pain though! …

I am now sat with hubby running around unpacking he has even put a wash on! Bless him although he has mentioned fish n chips for tea!

Hehe Audrey

Audrey..
    No not neck pain in our direction always lower back pain for both of us. Sounds just as nasty were ever it is. Just rest and don’t do too much and hope it improves..unless a doctor is needed.

Back man said hubbys is a core back muscle which is inflamed also hips not aligned properly, one leg shorter than the other at moment. He is much better but not doing much just resting.

Hemmy..
    Lovely to re instate your hobby, lovely to get lost in when weathers good…lovely today. Life starts again after a bereavement it just takes a long time.. Xx

I got the car cleaned eventually ….just got it soaped up when neighbour came over chatting…the hot sun dried it off, soap, muck and all….had to re do the washing from start! …she’s lonely with a husband who doesn’t help or talk to her, she is always looking for someone to talk to..it’s quite sad really. She watches the TV in a upstairs room and he is in the lounge downstairs both separate.

After hubbys weight gain…he wants a small dinner tonight…suits me!…shocked him into it ..lol..lol

Fish and chips Audrey as you know my favourite my mouths watering..you can when you lost…I am doing penance no loss…he..he

Xx

Hi All

Well done Lynda, Hemny and Jean on staying the same. Also very well done to you Audrey being away and also managing to lose a pound.

This is the second time that I have started a post as I was interrupted in the middle of it by a phone call with bad news. A relative had passed away and I was asked to ring around.

Also I saw my health trainer, he would like me to lose 1lb a week….. Some ask. I am not seeing him for 6 weeks so something to aim for.

Audrey if you have your fish and chips it is a good day, just after weighing in and with a week to go before the next one. I hope your neck improves.

Hi Jean

So sorry that you didn’t lose. You and I have been stuck for ages. Hemmy and Lynda had done well. Better luck for next week.

I have lost a pound this week so although I hoped for more that is a loss.

You need to tell hubby to relax and take things easy.

Be back a bit later.

Ginette..

Well done on your pound loss… when you was not expecting it….that’s good.

Sorry to hear of your relative..and having to ring around, it’s not a nice thing to do.

It’s ok for the health trainer to say 1 lb a week..what did you say we all would like that..lol..lol a good job he’s given you 6 weeks…it’s something to aim for.

Keep on with the 800 X 2..500 days if you can and it fits in. I think I shall continue I find it quite nice to do.

Hubby is a bit better, he looks better in his face…still resting..

Missed you about today ..

Xx

Well done ginette

1lb is a good loss…. congratulations from me

Very quiet on here today!

Having an early night will be back tomorrow. ..p.s. we have had chips for tea! Hehe lol 😆

Audrey

Hi Jean

He would like to see me more often but I only have so many visits with him and six weeks seems like a good time. When I am on track this may even be possible. I told him that I will be happy at anything between 3 and 6 lbs at my next visit.

I think I will carry on in roughly the same way when the six weeks is up. Maybe an extra treat during the week but I am not finding it any hardship now I have adjusted.

I’m glad you had your chips Audrey. Treats are good now and again.

Oooh well done Gine so thrilled for you … well deserved too.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Always sad. Xx

Saying about your trainer… he is probably fit. Lolol But at our local health centre most workers nurses etc are more than well built. lol. I often wonder how they stand straight faced when guiding people on diets. Lol

Again well done G. Xx

Thanks Hemmy

He is a fit one, so he does at least practice what he preaches. I also have to start doing some exercise, I told him that decorating would be exercising and then I will start on the Wii.

I had to resort to taking a laxative last night. I had some very old chocolate exlax, this was a pleasure to have as it is the first chocolate that has passed my lips in over 4 weeks and I can honestly say it was medicinal……. 🙂

Let’s hope I need some more next week, it must be about 1/6th of the size of an actual piece of chocolate but I really did enjoy it!!

Sigh…….

Ginette..

You did make me laugh and with good memories..

My old Aunt 86 years, a staunch Salvation Army, ( non drinkers), she was 4′ 11″, white hair with a single platt reaching below hair bottom, she swizzled the platt around her head and wore a mop cap. In 1972 she had never had electricity only gas light…she died that year..

I would go to see her and she had a bottle of sherry on her sideboard, she said she had a drink each night for medicinal reasons…when I called in the local beer off store..he said she buys a pint off the keg every other day!

I have many fond memories of her as I never had any grandparents as they all died young..

Thank you for that..
    X

Morning All,

A miserable rainy sort of day.

Looking at the scales I am not moving at all, a plateau again?

When starting the FBD I lost a pound after every fast day, I am bang on the same not a faction up or down! It’s as if your body catches up with you and holds on tight to your weight.

I have not had my half a grapefruit for a few days..is that the reason, bought more now so I am back on it today.

Hemmy no watering your pots today the sky will do it for you 😀 And my new turf…

Audrey hope you are improving, hubby seems a lot better the spasms seem to be gone…just going carefully..

Have a good day everybody
    Jean x

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Well down comes the rain.Lol Will hopefully get that rest up today.

Gine what a shame you had to use the exlax. Still you did get some chocolate. Lolol

I do have some which Mum gave me but have never used it. Does it taste like normal chocolate.

My friend is coming round this morning… marriage back on… moving together once again for a fresh start. I cant believe it after all the awful things done too her. Mouth and thoughts will be tightly closed … listen and support. Hope the sale takes a while as a leopard rarely changes spots. Thank god that treatment is alien to me

Have a good day G Xx

Sym .. What are your plans today. How is hubby?.

Think I will plan on a 800 day as its looks set in wet for the day… see how it goes.

Must try to tighten up though now. Looking around the forum lots of others are struggling.

Think we just need to plod on I cant honestly see anyone unless starving can continually lose great amounts every week once you have been doing it a while.

Lets just keep plugging away at those little lbs. Xx

Aud hope you are feeling more relaxed today after Ian’s care. You are doing so well even when not well … I really do admire you Aud. Xx

Hope everyone else is ok. Xx

Brit lovelies…

Its a beautiful world … lets enjoy every day… whatever it brings… rain or sunshine. Xx

Morning all. A rainy day here but the garden needs it.

My first successful fast day since returning from holiday, feel much better now. It was a struggle to get back on track. Still have to shift the holiday pounds I gained but Ill get there.

Hubby still away with his mates and its peaceful. I needed it.

Hope all you other struggling ladies are back on track.

Hemmy..

Just thinking of having another swimming session not that I want to…I think needs must. I usually go lunchtime as the baths are quiet…must get these or a pound moving 😀

Hubby going to spray some handlebars on his motorbike…I am not amused…as soon as he’s feeling a bit fit he gets bored!…hoping his back holds. At least it’s a sign he’s on the mend.

Having a day out tomorrow, looking to try some chino type trousers on, didn’t fit last time hoping they fit better now!! Hope I am not disappointed… I also need some bath and hand towels so I will pick them up from Dunlem.

Daughters on a course today and passing us about 3.30 so a drop in visit from her for a cuppa always lovely to see her.

That’s about it at the moment…making 2 Shepherd pies for dinner..small ones with peas.

Enjoy your rest up day.

Cmum..
    Glad you are getting back on track..I always find it difficult if you have had a couple of weeks off..the pounds will soon move they haven’t got permanent yet 😀…

Xx
    Xx

I have done 30 lengths swimming….quite shattered now.

I will move these blasted pounds!

Sent hubby into Lidl foe one thing while he was waiting, he struggled walking back to car…resting again!

X

Hi Dear Friends Xx

Welcome back CMum. Like Sym said its hard to get back into the swing of normal eating and fasts after relaxing off a bit. Probably easier with hubby away. Is it just you to cater for.

The rain here’s turned to sunshine… so want to go in the garden. Lol Have a good day CMum. Xx

Sym.. swimming is a good exercise I think you use lots of muscles don’t you. It must help you keep supple I would think. I have never been any good at it.
    Men do seem to get bored more quickly than women. Always want todo something .. must be the hunter instinct.

Just had a jacket potato with cheese and some bake beans I needed to use up. So will have to add that up and I think it may be a 800 day today.

Have you ever done slimming world. Its the only one I don’t think I have tried. Lol

A lady in the village has lost a whole load of weight on it. Said it was easy.

Hope the trousers fit. Its funny how some stuff still seems to fit me … must have been very tight Lolol

Its next Tuesday the posh tea … trying to work out what to wear. Don’t really want to buy anything much. Have some nice cream trousers .. taupe and cream inset top .. a cream and gold necklace plus a floaty scarf in taupe. Think I may just splash out on a really nice cream basket weave style bag.

Rather spend money on casual clothes as they go in better with my life style.Lol

Hope you have a nice catchup with your daughter. Xx

Hi all

Another easy day for me to rest up…

Hemmy I did slimming world lost 1 stone got bored put 2 back on!

I can’t stand all the happy clappy stuff…. you can basically eat all day if you want to I don’t think it’s that good for your body plus I ended up wanting things I couldn’t have! !!

Hope everyone is having a good day

Audrey

Hi Jean

I am glad I triggered some memories. Nice to look back. The relation that passed away used to come to garden parties that my Dad used to put on. One relation had so much to drink she fell into the holly busy and this particular lady was I imagine in her late 60s when she came in a see through trouser suit (a bit like a black negligee. She had a lot of nerve and carried it off well, other relations were a little shocked though.

I didn’t think that has light would be allowed then, how wonderful. I love old houses with original features. I would get electricity put in as well, I couldn’t live without the Internet and TV.

I had two cat burglars last night….. they broke into my bedroom whilst I was at Pams and took two cake mixes out of there. I know a very strange place to keep them but they were there in case I fancied a cake In a few weeks and it would take a bit of effort to do it. I took tgem in the other day to read the backs to see if I could make them into cakes in a mug, therefore only eating one at a time. Well there was a toffee one at the back of the front door and a carrot one in front of the toilet door. I couldn’t Hoover as it was too late at night so had to be happy with the dustpan and brush. The kitchen is opposite the bedroom.

Try the grapefruit again, I in my topsy turvey world am showing 6 ozs up on yesterday. The scales keep telling me to change the batteries although I’m sure it won’t make any difference.

Well done on the swimming, it is more difficult when you don’t feel like it. I used to love swimming but if I jumped in the water would jump out.

Enjoy your daughters company. Glad hubby is on the mend shame just going to
    Lidl put him back again. I bought some fish cakes (the ones with cheese) there yesterday and nice juicy oranges. Also a chunk of ham and garlic sausage. I am sure salad weather will return. ….oh a one white bread roll.

Hi Hemmy

Yes a days rest, just what you need. The weather is about the same here. Yes I agree strange about your friend. Years ago I was married to someone like this, he certainly would never change.

Yes it tastes like dark chocolate but it is very small. I can easily get through a whole bar of Cadburys DM. Not that I have any in the house.

Hi CMum

Well done, it is so hard losing weight you have put on. I am still trying to get the Christmad weight shifted. I have lost 7lbs of the 10 I put on. I was still overeating on NFDs afterwards and up to Christmas, it us these that are NFDs that is bringing my weight down. It took the fast beach diet though. We are all now on week 5 and I hopefully will lose the last three pounds that I gained then. I was hoping for more but I really don’t think that will happen now.

It is much easier when you only need to cater for yourself.

Getting chilly here now do I think I need to close those windows.

Hi Audrey

Posts musts have crossed. Yes I did slimming world. I can eat carbs without a limit and I agree no real portion control on certain things and the meetings dragged on. I would like to hold 5:2 meetings though. Weigh ins whilst oleo pie are having a cup of tea, no embarrassing people if they have put on weight but showing general support giving the the option to talk afterwards. Quick read of the list of those that have lost with one lot of clapping at the end. Much shorter meetings. Much less to pay. Newbies to stay after the meetings. Does it sound a good idea?

Yes you rest up. It will do you the world of good. Xx

Most people seem in a very positive mood, I certainly am.

Rain has stopped here now. Been out for lunch with my daughter. We had a chicken Tika salad, very nice. I think spicy food is great when your watching what you eat as its a strong flavour and more satisfying.
    Need to get into the garden, it needs digging but my shoulder makes it very difficult. Maybe I should let it go wild for a year.

I did weight watchers once, it was awful. Applauding people for going down a shoe size is weird. Of all the times I’ve lost weight it hasn’t been off my feet. They give you to much attention, didn’t like it.

Ginette sounds like a great idea. ..

We could start a club together with happy clapping banned…. hehe

CM, I have not done weight watchers SW was enough to put me off diet clubs for life!

Aud

Hemmy..
    I went for swimming lessons at 57, I could do just a length. I was always laughed at when I suggested it when I was younger. Second Hubby encouraged me to go then took me on a snorkel holiday. I wouldn’t say I am a good swimmer..30 lengths is about what I can do. Holiday was good..different.

I have done slimming world, I liked it but everything went back on…a bit like Audrey not keen on the happy clappy…sometimes more like AA everybody had had drinks so no weight lost!

Your outfit sounds spot on..it will be a lovely afternoon …and you can eat it all and enjoy. Talk about your memories…..I think we are all more casual these days ..you can still be smart casual. You get more wear out of the clothes.

I don’t think anybody can change, you are what you are….I hope your friend is doing the right thing.

Audrey take it easy and rest…hubby didn’t get in the garage he’s resting also.

Xx

Ginette…
    Jumped a few posts..I started writing daughter been for an hour I continued writing so out of order..sorry.

Fancy my Great Aunt she never had electricity in her whole life…how sad.

Maybe the cat burglars were telling you something…don’t eat or make cake..lol..lol

Enjoy the fish cakes I must remember to buy some next time I go.

So you are starting a new 5.2 club…I think it would go down great a chatty meeting like on here but in person.

CM…mind the shoulder digging is heavy work…Go wild sounds good…

Xx

Hi CMum

I’m glad you enjoyed a meal out. They had an interesting piece in food detectives about eating chilli. They measured calories with the same person eating the same meal twice, once with chilli once without she burnt over 50 calories extra. I believe this is also the same for other hot spices.

I have just arranged one for next week with a close friend who has been away for 8 weeks. They took their motor home through France and Spain and into Potugal. They also have a caravan so use both intermittently. She is retired, he still works part time but his company allowed him a
    extra time off. He works with schoolchildren as a driver so a really good company. I suppose they want to keep him.

Hi Audrey

Yes I don’t suppose it could be called 5:2 maybe eat, fast and get healthy so not to break any copyright. It’s an idea.

Jean

I’ll let you know what they are like, I have just been given mince meat to eat by Pam, I already have some chicken out for tonight. I think I shall have to freeze half of the mince, I don’t think all of it will fit in the freezer.

I suppose your Aunt never suffered power cuts though. Only thinking about it. Not sure of the legal side though. Plus it would cost a bit to get paperwork ready and register as self employed etc. Maybe I shall look into it next year.

I am having a nice relaxing day so far.

Aud Thanks for the heads up on slimming World. I had just wondered .. seeing this lady had lost so much so quickly. Lol
    Defiantly don’t want to lose then put it back again. That’s what I did with Weight Watchers .. got tired of counting points. Also a bit ra ra.
    The lowest weight would get a big bowl of fruit which was nice.

A nice restful day… just the walking and missed the rain. Off to Aldi tomorrow so will get the fish cakes to try.

Yesterday got 6 begonias for £3.99 what brilliant prices they have.

If anyone sees Shloer on offer can you let me know.. down to 3 bottles and don’t want to have to get Merlot. Lolol

Sym you sound like a very good swimmer to me. Well done you girl getting started later in life. Glad you had a nice visit with your daughter. Xx

Lolol Ooooh Gine I do love you. That made me laugh about those cake mixes. Taking them to read in bed would just be me. Would have loved to have seen your face.

Having a chicken breast with lemon a bit of cream black pepper foil parcel. With all the week-ends bits and bobs of veg. Haven’t counted cals but better be a 800 think it will be ok.

Definitely hungrier without a project todo.

Yes, its so hard to listen to my friend about her hubby. He wont change and I think she knows it really. I am finding it hard seeing how she is being taken in. Its all about money… he is a bully but crafty with it. Such a waste of a lovely kind woman.

Enjoy your meal. xx

CMum … a wild garden would be wonderful. You would have so much wild life to see… it would also feed them. Xx

Hemmy

Shloer any 2 for £3 at tesco and morrisons…. hope this helps keep you off the vino haha 😆

Aud

Yes Ginette, I saw the program about the chillis, interesting.

Thanks Aud … Tesco tomorrow then. Lol Xx

Anyone interested … BBC 1 now till 9pm … Lose weight for love. xx

Hi Hemmy

My expression wasn’t one of amusement. I thought the first one was bad, then after I had cleaned this and put the kettle on I went to the loo and there was another I had to start again. Whatever drew them to it in the first place.

As Jean said maybe there is a message there. I shall have to buy another one in a few weeks. They were from Aldi, they also have really nice bread mixes. I used to use these with my students, did it as a following instructions lesson.

Has anyone ever made cake in a mug? I have a relatively new microwave so wanted to try in there as it apparently bakes nice cake. If I used a small cup I have one somewhere I thought it would be just enough.

Hemmy

When we meet up I can give you a slimming world pack if you are interested to read it. They do have some nice recipes but I use the calorie counting method. I sometimes use a bit of guesswork if it is something I know.

I must say, I think I out to get on with my sorting and decoration. I shall start tomorrow a bit of movement will be good for me. I think my son is getting the paint next week so I can prepare it and clear the cupboard tops off.

I need to try all my attachments for my steamer which haven’t made it out of the box yet.

By the way for anybody interested I gave put my Facebook name on my profile. I rarely use Facebook but I do use messenger a lot. A nice place for an off forum chat. My picture is 2 cats sitting in an armchair reading. I don’t put any personal info on there either. Send me a message and say who you are as I probably may not recognise names.

I am happy for people who have become forum friends to contact me.

Ginette

Hi Symba. Loved your Sally Army memory…especially the typo that gave her a ‘hair’ bottom. I married a Sally Army man…I make no comment on the hairiest or otherwise of his bottom as he’s not here to defend himself!
    Ginette…chocolate is definitely medicinal. I’M sure I’ve read it somewhere.

Back again. I’ve loved reading the posts I’ve missed…and the realism that this is a long, slow haul. I’ve tried other ways to lose weight but always put more back on, and I just hate being ‘on a diet’. Had a FD yesterday, and know I can do it if I can keep busy enough, but completely sabotaged myself with biscuits and jelly beans in the evening. Very disappointed with myself. I’M like a kid, with no self control. The only good thing is that even when I fail on a FD I’M still eating less than I was. But I think I also need to exercise better control on my NFD. Ho hum.

Just replied to you on the other thread.

Morning all,

Minols don’t beat yourself up we have all tried and failed fast days… my goodness I have been doing this forever, it seems like, and I still struggle with the occasional fast day… some days my body just wants food….

Ginette I didn’t answer your post because you already know how to contact me, I still remember the shock of my tablet ringing! HeheHe happy days…

I am on a non fast day today doing this ADF Is beginning to become very hard……how much longer is it???

Fish cakes for tea today hurrah and crumpets with butter for lunch!

I love non fast days 😈😈😈

Have a good day keep in touch and remember that …..together we are stronger

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Early start today and it looks to be a much better day hopefully.

Off to Tesco to stock up on Shloer.. thanks to Aud also get those fishcakes everyone seems to have fallen in love with.Lol

Catch up later. Xx

Brit lovelies … Don’t forget to be kind and gentle to yourself… we are worth it too. Xx

Hi Mino

Yes as Audrey says, it is a gradual loss for most of us, I think if we have neen overweight for some time it will take time to lose it. I have been overweight for years. I think most of us here have found that sometimes we lose quickly others slowly, the most important thing is that we are losing. The loss at the beginning tends to be quick as in a diet. But as time progresses it gets more difficult. I have been on here over a year with Audrey, I have lost over three and a half stone since joining the forum and a stone before I joined. I had losses, plateaus and a fairly big gain at Christmas this year. Through it all I carried on with 5:2 and although at one time I was away from the forum for a few weeks I have carried on. I know if I stop I won’t be in control and well put on. The gains were from overeating on NFDs.

I can remember a saying yard by yard is hard inch by inch is a sinch. As long as we are losing we will get there.

If you stay with us you will lose, the important thing is that you carry on. We are all tempted by things we shouldn’t have but isn’t that just living life?

My chocolate really was medicinal and very small, exlax. 🙂

With me I would keep tempting food out of the house, much easier though if you live on your own. I still have a cake I bought before the fast beach diet though, I haven’t touched it. Cake will last though and I’m worried about getting hooked on it. It is too easy to fall into that. Now where I used to have cake I have fruit. Still sweet but healthier and only 50 calories instead of well over 200. Oranges, strawberries and cantaloupe melons are my favourites with a few kiwis thrown in. I also have some apples and the odd grapes as well. I used to have a lot of soup up until a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday I had a big bowl of tomatoes with French dressing without oil and some oregano.

Hi Audrey

Yes I know we can easily send messages and call on messenger. How lovely this is as well. It is nice from time to time to send a message off of forum. You know I’m not much of a Facebook person, I will always stayed with them though as I need to use my Facebook I’d to play scrabble online even though I do it through an app. I see my neighbour about 4 times a week. Twice we play scrabble and twice we have a game of golf on the Wii. Nice to keep the grey matter active. I also play another friend online, we have a game on the go all the time. We may only play each other twice a day. Normally when I sit down to eat. Or last thing at night. She lives about 10 miles away, I also have a game with her daughter.

Lovely to have a day where we can relax and have so much more of a choice with food. We are on the 5th week now so not long to go. Hopefully it will have built in better food habits now. I know it seems much easier now. I still have a day off and next week I am out for a meal with probably a plain ice cream to follow.

I can see that I will probably carry this on but just gave two days off a week. Probably Pam’s days. 🙂

I feel I have lost inches, but like a chump although I told others to do it I did it half way through.

Hi Hemmy

I only had a mouthful of the last fish cakes I bought from Aldi, they were lovely, I had to go into lidl and so bought some there. I got the one ones with the cheese inside they sound very indulgent. I may have them today and join Audrey.

Go and get your Shloer. One of these days I might try it myself.

I visited a friend last week, he has just retired. He had stopped drinking but taken up smoking again after many years, how strange is that!! He is on a macrobiotic diet as he likes to be very aware of what food he is eating, so I find this even stranger. His pension was more than he thought it would be as he doesn’t come into that new pension age. I still have a few years to go as they changed the age. That’s life I suppose moving the goalposts.

Hi Annette

Nice to see your name here, how are you doing?

Coffee has all settled down yet? I know you will rejoin us when you can. Hi KT and Celtic. How are you both?

Thank you all so much for your kindness and your support, and for telling me a bit more of your story, especially, Ginette. You’re obviously a really tight bunch of friends who have come a long way together, and it’s so generous of you to let us newbies come in, pull up a chair and feel right at home. It really encourages me not to just ditch this. Maybe if I can confidently crack the 5:2 pattern, I can attempt something as momentous as ADF occasionally.
    Guests arrive in a few hours, and as it’s freezng here today, I’m going to make a big pot of mulligatawny chicken – loosely based on an Anabel karmel recipe I’ve used since the wee boy was first weaned…I don’t whizz it up for him anymore, though!
    Happy days, everyone.

Hi Mino

You are welcome, some of us have been through a rough time before 5:2 and fir me that was the trigger to lose weight as my blood pressure was dangerously high and I knew that by losing weight it would help. It has now come down a lot to high but it is treated with medication although though not quite under control I would say that I am happy with it.

Just keep going, you will have a few blips along the way but one day won’t spoil it however bad it was, pick yourself up and try to get back to eating well again. Some of us have had two or three bad days but we then get up, dust ourselves off and go back to trying to eat more healthily. Before you know it you will have settled back in again.

Enjoy the visitors. Not too cold here today but much cooker that it has been.

Ginette

Hello Ginette K!

I’m 56 years old and already used medication for hypertension for about 10 years, and now after I removed the refined carbohydrates and sugar, stopped you taking any kind of medicine’s been a year, and now the best fast yet my blood markers never They were so good!

I finished climbing the stairs of the building where I work 24 floors !!

Best wishes for you and good health !! Of Brazil!

Afternoon All,

Cloudy day here thought it may pick up but hasn’t…not cold though.

Went out early this morning…I got two pairs of trousers one from M & S and one from Next…fit me much better than when I tried on last time. Some replacement towels for the bathroom.

Minols..
    I have been with the group from November 2015 and most welcoming everybody has been. We (hubby) loss 30 lbs each a couple of years ago on the 5.2 then hubby had two new knees, started eating wrongly again, biscuits and chocolate crept back in hey presto all the weight regained.

The forum has kept me on track as it was hard to get the positive mood again..19 lbs off to date with hubby still struggling a bit I think he’s about 8 lbs off but he lost a bit before my logging, so he’s at 12 lbs off really. He lost it a bit last week with his bad back but he’s on track again. Keeping on the forum even at bad times keep you focused.

A few have fallen by the wayside, they will regret it as they may put on after doing very well. It’s a shame we didn’t keep on here last time, to start all again!

Hemmy..
    Let us know which fish cakes, and you thoughts…I think I am on a plateau again not much movement at all…is haddock and chips calling..lol..lol

Audrey..
    When you are on AFDs do you follow it through completely …or Monday, Wednesday, and Friday…how does it work for you.

I am finding we have cut down big time with food and not really bothered at all. Last week I had a 1100 day, 2… 500 days..3..800 days and 1000 day. I had a small piece of chocolate and a small scone but all added in.

Ginette..
    Good luck on your cake in the microwave, I always think they turn out light still it’s ages since I made them I used to put custard over them for the children.

Tomatoes sounded good, I could eat a bowl of piccolo toms they are so lovely..low in calories..nice thought. A bit expensive but worth it.

I am on a 10 day countdown before my daughter arrives with the 3 children, I am starting to get excited.

I will contact you on Facebook in case we need it at any time…my surname is another word for ‘ fat’. Lol lol

Cmum..
    Hope your shoulder is feeling better take care.

FD going well for us, something on toast for us maybe egg and tomatoes for a change, or scrambled eggs for hubby.

Have a good evening all

Jean x

Minols- I’ve been doing the FD a few months now and I’ve lost 30 lbs. It is slow but very doable. I, like many ladies on this forum have been trying to lose weight for years. Nothing and I mean nothing has been as sustainable as the 5-2. I’m not saying its been plain sailing, we all lose control and binge sometimes. I went on holiday and gained backed a few pounds. Taken 2 weeks to get back on track. Everyone has bad days but stick with it because it works. All the ladies on this forum are very supportive and their kind words, advice and encouragement has kept me going through the really bad days. So stay with us no matter how bad your finding it and it will get better.
    Welcome to out 5-2 family.

Hi Sym just quickly reading your post about the plateau. Trouble is it is disheartening but if we go any lower will it become the norm diet… Think I was on 1200 a day with weight watchers.
    Like your hubbys says it is for life basically so we need to feel comfortable.

As it reads to me … just 2 fast days 500 keep within our limit on the other days. Nothing barred.

Think after the 6 weeks finishes I will go back to just 5-2 and wait. Lolol

Hi jean

I have stuck to ADF religiously all the way through…. I did have 2 fast days together so I could eat the next 2 when we went to the van!

Must say will be glad to get back to my normal 5 3…..

Audrey

Hi Anaide

Nice to see you here. I have just cut down carbs and sugars quite a lot so I shall see if that helps. 24 floors is an awful lot of stairs. You must be fit. I do suffer a bit from stress so I think that is the main cause. Hopefully eventually over time this will reduce a bit. The forum helps.

Hi Jean

Cake in the microwave is a few weeks away especially as I don’t want to get back to fancying sweet things as well.

I was just thinking it won’t be long until your daughter gets here. You must be really looking forward to it. The plateau will eventually move. Fingers crossed for you this week.

Nice to be able to actually speak to you today.

Enjoy your dinner xx

Hi Hemmy

I agree we are in it for the long term, I have sat on my laurels a little too long though and I need to keep moving down, I still have a long way to go. When I started this I wouldn’t even look in the mirror, now I do but sadly all I see is that I am overweight. Need to shift the weight especially around the stomach area. This is really the bit that needs to change the most. I have lost about 5 inches, need to lose about the same again really.

I am not depressed about it just being realistic. I am just pleased that I have started losing.

Rain has stayed away so far today. Still looking grey though.

Ginette

Hi all ginette has said some of you wanted to contact me off site as well as her so.. I have also put my contact details on my profile. .. if you would let me know on here first that you are contacting me so I will accept you as a friend, I would be grateful..

Audrey

Hi all

Its very quiet on here where is everyone?
    Hemmy did you get your schloer?

I have had a funny old day. Ian came down with a bit of a cough earlier in the week has passed it onto me now I am starting with bronchitis I think again! (cough cough)…. MEN ….

I am in bed… I am supposed to be having the girls on Sunday but think it may have to be cancelled. Poor granny is not fit for playing at the moment… the other thing is Ian went out and got a chicken vegetables and enough fruit for a fruit salad today so what on earth am I going to do with it all?

Ah well at least its healthy although I have to confess I have eaten loads and loads of rubbish today… feed a cold and all that…

I am off to sleep shortly hope you are all having a better day… was nice surprise to have Jean get in touch with me earlier and ginette of course…

Cu all tomorrow (cough cough)… your sick friend

Audrey xc

Hi Audrey

I have just watched a program lose weight for love. It was in BBC2 yesterday. The tears came at the end. This follows one set of people who over 10 weeks separate to form good eating and exercise habits.

There are four programs I think, each week a different couple.

I hope you sleep well with that cough.

See you all tomorrow.

Audrey- Sorry to hear your unwell, get better soon.

Just read an article about the affects of the brightness of the lights when eating your meals. It seems brighter lights raise your blood sugar when eating and could slow your metabolism. So a romantic setting with candles seems the best way to go.

Another good fast day this week. Feeling very hungry at the moment so off to bed I think. Goodnight all.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,601 through 4,650 (of 35,428 total)

You must be logged in to reply.