Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,924 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 2 hours, 59 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 28,801 through 28,850 (of 35,411 total)

• Mel you will have to stamp my passport in 10 days time. Going to Saltfleet for a week. Hope it can match up to the cruise and week in Majorca I had to cancelโ˜น๏ธ. Whatever it’s like it’s a break. I better wake my old German shepherd up to take her for a walk.

Hedgehog (love the name btw!) do you eat 500 calories every other day then? Just made my boys pancakes with maple syrup and bacon! I figured out the secret to my sucess – i am allergic to gluten so make them things I canโ€™t eat!

Melfish yes its been too hot (will probably regret tgat statement come grey November).

Still adjusting to working from home and told not to go back to the office until January. Is anyone the same? Hate to get the steps in when i just need to walk diwn the stairs in my pjs to my laptop!

Good luck if anyone is fasting today. I forgot just how motivating this room is so thank you everyone – feel very excited and motivated to get back to this way of life!

Think my next fast day will be Monday although I am getting in holiday mode so not good, I can easily put half a stone on holiday time ๐Ÿ˜ต.The text as suddenly gone smaller on my phone, must investigate.

That’s better, made the font larger.Rain stopped play at Southampton, thought it only rained here. ๐Ÿ˜.

Evening everyone, didn’t get around to posting yesterday evening. Am pleased to say that my weigh in yesterday morning showed me a one pound loss.
    Hedgehogs Visited our friends and collected a takeaway as usual but didn’t eat it until this evening the reason being that yesterday was my late mum’s birthday and one of her favourite meals was Scampi and chips and as she’s no longer with us to celebrate her birthday the close family celebrate by having her favourite meal so when we got home we cooked ourselves Scampi and chips.
    Welcome Kim I’m married and live in a small village six miles away from Cambridge.
    Hope our other newcomers Ali and Jason are doing okay. If you have any problems or queries just come on here one of us will be able to help you.
    Jean hope you and Steve are all settled in for your holiday.
    Mel got my test results and everything was okay.
    Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana x

Will done on the pound loss Nana.Gone cooler here now, should be able to sleep better tonight.Heidi loves her cool mat, never off it ๐Ÿ˜

Evening All..
    All settled in and quite pleased with where we are staying..
    Having a quiet evening in..Charlie seems ok he often gets upset to start with..

Kim..
    Welcome, itโ€™s a good way of life.. I did SW lost weight but put it all back on..I feel this is the best way of loosing it.. after a while you can tweak it to your way.

Ali..
    I find I canโ€™t do AFDs we do twice a week and it suits us..it must be so hard to watch others eat..Steve does it with me so it is easier..

Hedgehog..
    Brought the last couple of pieces of chocolate with us..weather a bit chilly could be a bit warmer..a bit of drizzle a few times. Signal not too good.

Dave..
    Soon be your holiday another week to go…

Mel.,
    Glad your friend is joining you, might she join us on here… or wonโ€™t she last the week ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I suppose I am in waving distance ๐Ÿ™Œ.. could do with better weather, we were on Mablethorpe beach earlier .. everywhere was so busy..

Cont on next page
    Jean x

Hi Again..

Sorry on phone …
    Nana..
    Glad your test results were fine….. a lovely thought on Scampi and chips….itโ€™s funny what you do, I made a 100th birthday cake for my mum and dad, Mum always wanted to reach a 100 she only made 63, dad 70…memories.

Signal not good here I am just managing..

Have a good weekend

Jean x

Jean- glad you gpt thete safely & it seems nice. Hope the weather improves & you can find quieter places, everywhere seems so busy!
    Nana- well done on the 1lb off! Nice to still celebrate your Mum’s birthday, sorry, I forgot you were doing that. Good news with the blood tests, at least your liver’s okay, enjoy your wine tonight ๐Ÿ‘
    Dave- keep strong, you’re just getting back into the swing of fasting, don’t get into holiday mode yet…
    Ali- at the moment I’ve been doing liquid FDs, but eating too much on nonFDs! I like to switch things about a bit, seems to help with weightloss & stops me being bored, so next week I’ll do a week of 800cal days! My sis lost 4 stone on SW, but has put it all back on plus several more…must be weird working from home, I’d find it hard to be disciplined I think!
    Mel- sorry I won’t be joining you if you’re fasting tomorrow- don’t think I could go into a week of 800days in the right frame of mind if I fast Sunday!
    Jason- hope your FD went okay, weekends can be tricky…
    Kay- on your holiday now! ๐Ÿ‘

Had to reschedule FD for tomorrow! Am I right in thinking that you can literally eat nothing on a FD? Had a cinnamon bun today and practically died of guilt!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Morning all!
    Jason- you do what suits you on a FD- the original 5:2 was 500 cals on a FD, including drinks. Michael Moseley has also brought out the Fast800/ blood sugar diet which is 800 cals, so on here we’re a mixture, some 500, some 800, & I sometimes do liquid. On the keto forum they do black coffee only!
    So you do what you feel you need to do to make this sustainable!
    Jean- have a good holiday day, hope the weather is better!
    Kay- have you managed to book anything? Enjoy F1 later!
    Dave- shame about the footie…are you having a roast today?
    Minols- has your Church opened up, or are your services still online?
    Mel- are you fasting? Keep strong if you are…
    Nana- hope you enjoyed last night, & have a good day…
    Kim, Ali- have a good Sunday too…
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone!
    About to cook breakfast for eldest before he goes to work, he has a busy weekend after things have been quiet. Seeing mum later, weather not thrilling here!

Iโ€™m going to rock and roll and Keep it under 800 and then see what the weight is after week 1. Gloomy day outside so Iโ€™m going to watch some old films and plan a healthy menu for the week. Might not be the best plan for a FD but itโ€™s great knowing itโ€™s only for one day right?? Have a great day all. Looking forward to getting to know you all better over the weeks and months ahead.

I just weighed myself during a show about obesity in the UK. Very depressed…:( ok 1 week in and lets see those scales go down! I was so good – did not drink alcohol all week and my weight did not budge!

Afternoon All…
    Mixed weather today supposed to be thundering for the rest of day but not as yet..
    A lovely walk on the beach this morning, Steve sat while I walked, he is struggling walking.. we got washed out at a car boot, not my thing really..
    Reading now..

Jason
    Naughty a cinnamon roll on a fast day!!!??
    Always good to have a plan.. good luck..

Hedgehog..
    Busy cooking the usual breakfasts.. you have to have strong will power…enjoy mum later..

Ali..
    Good to measure your self monthly, you sometimes see your body changing and it can lift you if the scales arenโ€™t being kind..
    I have lost 9 holes on my leather belt !!

Have a good day everyone..

Jean x

Good afternoon ,Ali you will have weeks when it stays the same, I am 21 stone but was 24 stone before I started the 5-2.Just aim to lose one pound per week.on non fast days try to stay under your TDEE.If you know you can’t do a fd on a particular day just change the day that’s the beauty of the 5-2.

Hi Jean
    No …day before. On a FD today and trying to go all the way through to tomorrow after a small breakfast.

Evening!
    Jean- hope the change of scenery is good even with the weather being iffy. Do not even think about fasting tomorrow!
    Dave- shame about the sport…
    Ali- as Jean says, measure too, that can show changes even when the scales don’t move!
    Jason- well done for fasting today, keep strong the rest of the evening!
    Hope everyone else is okay!
    Had a nice game with Mum (for the newbies, we lost dad 18months ago, mum doesn’t cope very well & has mildish dementia, so see her regularly) Eaten well today & ready for next week…Ugh hubby & son are watching The Meg ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Evening everyone, had our usual daily constitutional walk and then changed the bed. Not done much else been lazy.
    Husband been enjoying his day of motorsport so now I’m going to put on a DVD of my choice to watch – not sure what yet but definitely not The Meg.
    Jean sounds like you’ve had a nice day walking on the beach.
    Well done all you fasters – my turn tomorrow.
    Have had torrential rain and thunderstorm this afternoon think it’s coming back again as the sky has turned very dark.
    Nana x

Hi all – feels like I’ve not posted in a few days…don’t know where the time is going to at the moment.

The boy is safely back at school, and I think the teachers are surviving. Dropped chocs in to the 3 schools I ‘watch over’ on Friday – one school was so grateful as in all the stress no-one had been allocated to do ‘chocolate Friday’! The OH is also back at the office…not going in as early as I’d hoped, so we’re still doing family porridge breakfasts. I’m back on my bike in preparation for getting an electric one next month…saw one in Holland I really liked.

HH – we opened for a funeral on Thursday…in fact, that’s why I’ve been so busy. Doh…just realised it! A whole lot of protocols to work through. Not going to be doing regular services for a while as on-line including far more people than the building could just now. We’ll do a soft trial on 6th and see how that goes. I’ve marked out all the spaces where people can sit with hearts – seemed nicer than ‘you may sit here’ signs! Just 20 spaces for either individuals, couples or housholds.

Down at work again just now, after a delicious wee bowl of arrabiatta. Back on the black coffee.

Hopefully be a bit more disciplined this week, and catch up with you all (including the new names I see! Hi!)

Mx

Good to hear from you minols, was going to get the dogs out.Denise has made cake,I can feel the calories going on ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ซ.Also getting the holiday feeling ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. Miserable weather today but not much rain.

Morning all!
    Hi Minols- glad that you’re okay, sounds really busy as usual! Our Church has opened for some- not even 20 can get in I think so we’re still watching online.
    1st day of an 800 cal week for me, hope anyone else fasting has a good day & keep strong!

Good Morning..
    What rain we have had in bits and pieces really very heavy, glad we where in..

Fasting is not happening this week too difficult and tempting…we are on holiday!!!

Going through to Louth today about 20 miles away to see a beauty spot, Hubbard Hills, a walk, small river and cafe.. do you know it Mel?
    Just found out cafe closed ๐Ÿ˜ฑ bloody virus!

Dave..
    You are doing great, great weight loss.. Slow and steady and it keeps off!!
    Holiday mode starts creeping in, try your hardest, start again after your holiday______we both will ๐Ÿ˜

Jason ..
    ๐Ÿฅฏ..well done you are allowed, occasionally on a NFD ..

Nana..
    We had F1 on the TV, Steve asleep of course but he was watching it ??.. I finished my book.. another to start.
    Enjoy your walk today..

Minols..
    Glad to see you back, hope you can get on board again.. hoping everything is organised for you, start up of church could be challenging, who do you invite in or is it in turns, a difficult one..Always someone gets upset.

Good luck everyone keep strong..newbies shout if you need distractions..

Jean x

Why are people longing to find a magic pill till nowadays? Not surprisingly, I was one of them who was eager to eat everything and have just one pill that will reverse my shape backwards.

Morning all, sorry didnโ€™t get round to posting yesterday. Had another good FD, that is four under 800 last week and have lost 2lb. So glad today is not an FD though as feel quite empty.

HH good luck at the onset of your 800 week!
    Jean have a good day, donโ€™t know Hubbard Hills., will ask Paul. Have a lovely day and hope the rain keeps off, not very Augusty is it! Enjoy your non fast day.
    Nana enjoy your fast day!
    Dave too early for the holiday feeling – get a grip!
    Jason how did your fast day go? If you are going to be a newby who stays (please) can you tell us a bit about yourself? Presumably male ๐Ÿ˜‚. Age? If not too personal!
    Ali too. Hope you stay.Donโ€™t be despondent, regroup.
    Where is Endellion?

Hello to Kay too, are you fasting today after your weekend?

Right, dress and my favourite buttered oatcakes with marmite!

Just as I posted – Minols how could I forget you.! Have a good week and back on track. Canโ€™t remember if you are maintaining or trying to lose a bit more?

Have a great day everyone.

Have a good day everyone!

All I can hope for this week is that I do better than last week!

#tryingtostaystrongandpositive

Fast day today,not helped by Denise baking,I will tell her to put a cake away until tomorrow for me. Still got stomach pains six weeks or possibly more๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซโ˜น๏ธโ˜น๏ธ.There was a news item saying 4 million are waiting for hospital treatment, I suppose I will be one of them ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ.At least I can come on here and moan about it now and again.My nails are growing fast since I started taking vitamin D.I must try hard to resist the holiday feeling.Good luck to the fasters today, usually a few on Monday.

Afternoon!
    Mel- you’ve done so well! It does seem to come off quickly for you, although maybe it doesn’t feel like it for you!
    Kay- & you as well, very well done!
    Jean- hope the weather is better for you today, & have a lovely day out!
    Dave- very cruel of Denise to do baking when you’re fasting! Keep strong & hope there’s some left for you tomorrow! Poor you with your stomach, feel free to grumble, wish we could do more to help you than just listen…
    DF- Keep strong, look forwards & don’t look back at last week, it’s a difficult time for you- you must have to be very strong for Steve, be proud of that!
    Minols- hope you’re keeping strong today…
    Jason- hope you enjoy your breakfast today!
    Had a teeny lunch, we’ve been out to drop off books at a charity shop & pick up more dog food, oh the excitement!

Afternoon everyone! Big Hello to the newbies…Ali, Kim and Jason.

I think our week off will be a stay at home holiday! Neither of us feel confident about visiting elderly mothers in South and North Wales although Neils mum is having someone in once a week to clean and someone visited to do her hair the other week!! ๐Ÿ˜จ

Maybe will book some time off in September, when its quieter too, so we can camp with Tara.

Getting through a few jobs in the house and garden, so that feels good.

After an aborted dog walk this morning, with the rain, will try again later.

Looks like a few of us have lost weight this week…well done us!
    Given Im officially on holiday, Im not fasting this week, but will jump back on the ADF 800 after next weekend.

Keep strong if you are fasting and whatever you are up to today, have a nice day x

Still going strong today,but it’s been a struggle. Just 3 cups of tea, so 60 calories.Salad for tea just been looking at what is the best fruit to eat.Nice and sunny here in Manchester. Very little rain today so I did get a little wet on doggie walk but should be ok next time.

Looking good, not had any food ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡.Salad to do then eat ๐Ÿ˜.Will take Heidi out again before I eat. How you all doing?

Evening everyone, FD done and dusted came in at 850 calories so slightly over the 800 that I aim for. Weather has been a strange mix very foggy early morning then bright and very humid rain showers and now a nice sunny evening.
    Kay shame about not being able to go away but better to be safe than sorry with regard to your mothers.
    Well done to those of you who’ve lost weight and well done to those of you who have completed a FD today.
    Jean hope the weather’s been nice for you today.
    Have a good evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana x

Evening!
    Kay- shame about your week off ๐Ÿ˜ž good chance to get some stuff done, & hope maybe you can get out to some quiet places with Tara…is there room in your garden to put the tent up? If there is maybe you could get her used to it?
    Nana- well done with your FD, we had the fog & humidity too…
    Dave- you’ve done really well today! Keep strong this evening ๐Ÿ‘
    Seen a text a bit late from my sis saying we were running out of water in our village- went to fill up bottles but turned out it was all sorted, but the local shop has done well out of people panic buying water! FD gone well, day 1 easy, 6 at least to go!

Morning all!
    Woke early, a bit hungry, hopefully I can be strong the rest of the day! Hubby is up earlier than usual so we’ll take Xena out together in a minute, weather looking iffy!
    Have a good day everyone ๐Ÿ˜

Hi all,
    Second FD went fine but I came in slightly over 800 because I hate black coffee! I appear to have lost no weight in the first week but at the moment I am fine if I lose a pound or two over a few weeks. For me this is just about losing the last half stone.
    Kay – thanks for the welcome. I am a 50-year-old teacher who lives just outside Princess Risborough in Buckinghamshire.
    Couple of years ago I had a heart attack and was nudging 15 stone and so I went on an Exante (VLCC diet). It went brilliantly and Iโ€™m now just over 12st.
    I want to get down to 11 1/2 and then Iโ€™m going to maintain using one fast day a week.
    I have a long-term partner, a 21-year-old daughter of mine who lives in Nottingham and two step kids who are 18 and 16 respectively.
    On the nonweight matter โ€“ Iโ€™m not looking forward to going back to work in September. The prospect of going back to 4 classrooms with coughing and sneezing students fills me with dread and, as someone who has an underlying health condition, this Covid thing is a huge worry
    Iโ€™m not planning on going anywhere and see you guys as a fantastic support network but, because I spend a lot of time in front of a screen for my work I will tend to dip in and out rather than daily if thatโ€™s okay? I hope nobody thinks the worse of me for that?

Jason I had an heart attack 2 years ago,I did rehab at the hospital then PARS for 12 months.I then took up crown green bowling for exercise plus walking my dog. I am 66 and live in Manchester.So far I have lost around 3 stone.This covid can be scarry but just remember how scared you was after your heart attack,least little pain and you thought you was having another one.Time to go shopping now but will take the dog out first.

Hi all!
    Jason- the last stone will probably seem like it’s taking forever to get off, really well done on the weight loss so far, you have a good reason to want to lose! And I can understand being worried about going back to work- the autumn term is always a nightmare for coughs etc with kids in school, they’ll all be off having to get tested ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Feel free to pop in when you need to๐Ÿ‘ We do have a WhatsApp group too, for posting photos- mainly of our dogs!- if you’re sticking around feel free to let me know & you can join?
    Jean- enjoy your day, wherever you visit!
    Dave- hope you get all your shopping done, lots of salad & fruit? Shame you can’t have grapefruit, I think it was top of the list you posted yesterday?
    Mel- is it a FD for you?
    Kay- have a good holiday day!
    Minols- keep away from the biscuits, you seem to be doing well with that?!
    DF- hope you’re okay, how was yesterday?
    Nana- well done for your FD yesterday, have a good day today!
    We took Xena to Sizewell, it was beautiful there, & quiet. Xena enjoyed her paddle again, kept looking at me as if to ask why I wasn’t going in, wished I’d thought to bring my cozzie, but it wasn’t nice at home. Cut youngest’s hair- it’s his gf’s 18th birthday today, so he’s going out with her family to a posh restaurant tonight. Cooked both boys breakfasts are it’s their day off, good job I’m veggie or the bacon would’ve tempted me! Salad tonight for me again.
    Have a good day all!

Is it 800 all week HH.We also have a Facebook group but it dosen’t get used much, if you want to join let me know. Can share pictures on there to.Shopping done,it’s much better in Sainsbury’s than Tesco, people stay apart.Almost tempted to buy chocolate but resisted ๐Ÿ˜‡. Holiday feeling is getting stronger ๐Ÿคช.

Well done, Dave, keep strong! Yes, it’s 800cals week ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž. I’d like to do 2 weeks again but not sure if I can! Not as busy right now so I can’t distract myself! Did a workout earlier- haven’t done one for a couple of weeks as it’s been so hot…

Evening All..
    We have had a good few hours on the beach this morning then had lunch at the beach cafe, fell on the government cheap meal deal so a ยฃ5 for two meals, then three ice creams for about the same price ๐Ÿ˜‚..

A very lovely morning we got back about 3pm then sat outside, a quick rain shower about 4.30..

Too many posts to reply to.. read them all the WiFi is a bit iffy keeps going on to 3G

I will bob in and out but wonโ€™t reply.. sorry

Jean x

That’s good Jean, very sunny here and warm ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. No FD today.Might try for another one tomorrow.Damage limitation for the holiday next week.

Evening everyone, been a nice day here with no rain as yet!
    Jean sounds like you’ve had another lovely day – you deserve it.
    Hedgehogs you also.Must admit I love bacon – I’d eat it every day of I had too.
    Dave hang in there and well done on resisting the chocolate.
    Hope everyone else has had a good day.
    Nana x

Nana, Dave & Jean- glad you’ve had a good weather day! Ours nice too- just one shower. Egg mayo & cress salad eaten for dinner, 680cals & 20g carbs done.

Good morning everyone,beat you HH ๐Ÿ˜.Heidi still up too.Possible FD today.

Morning All..
    A sunny start rain expected at lunch time.. going to Snipe Dale Country Park for the boy, three different trails to do, we will do the 1 hour walk then find somewhere for lunch …

Dave..
    Itโ€™s not long now we are finding some lovely places, it depends what you like.

Nana…
    I like bacon too nothing like a bacon butty..

Hedgehog..
    Egg mayo sandwich lovely…like a nursery tea ๐Ÿ˜‚comforting..

Have a good day everyone..

Jean x

HH where are you? Normally the first one on.

Afternoon!
    Morning’s disappeared- up early so took Xena out, we picked blackberries so I can do a crumble tomorrow for eldest. Then went out for another longer walk with a couple of ladies from Church, Xena was really good & impressed them with her recall- I did bring chicken ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Just finished our online shopping order.
    800cals again, getting progressively hungrier as the days go by! I keep telling myself I’ve done it before!
    Dave- keep strong, holiday soon…
    Jean- egg & cress salad, not sarnie, don’t eat bread! Hope the change of scenery is doing you good, sounds like you’re finding nice places to go.
    Everyone else okay?

I like roaming around on holiday but can’t walk too far, Denise is worst than me for walking. She likes looking at shops and markets.Where we are staying is in the middle of nowhere, so don’t know what we will do at night time. Think there is a club on the site if it’s open. Fasting today again and it’s struggle but holding out, just one cup of tea.

Very hungry now could eat a horse.Dont think I will bother though, did do once in belgium.2 cups of tea so far today so 40 calories. Anyone else fasting?

Raining hard now.. a wet walk later..

We had a lovely pub lunch on the government, no where is letting dogs inside, Covid ruling, but we tucked our selves in a corner in the garden shelter out of the wind, it spoils it a bit, I went back to the car for our fleeces… it worked out well.

Hedgehog…
    I would have a egg and cress salad.. still nice.
    A good walk earlier nice to go with different people..
    Our country walk didnโ€™t happen too hilly and not dog friendly lots of .. on lead .. notices no good for Charlie..

Dave..
    A few car boots are about and for a few different days, something to look at…we got rained off at one…The New Inn is near you a pub, for a change from the club house. It does government special prices ๐Ÿ˜

Keep strong both of you..

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 28,801 through 28,850 (of 35,411 total)

You must be logged in to reply.