Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,920 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 11 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 27,651 through 27,700 (of 35,407 total)

• Good afternoon.Well the scales tell me I have lost a couple ounces in a monthšŸ˜²ā˜¹ļø.I have had lots of chocolate so will settle for that. I think I need a change of plan so I will maybe stop fasting for the whole of May and count calories instead.Need an amount to stick to maybe 1500 per day.Will see how that goes then depending on the results do another month or go back to fasting.Whatever happens I will be fasting in the end.

Afternoon All…
    I donā€™t know if anyone is like me…I am using all my bits and pieces up…cleaning products, half bottles here and there, in the cupboards in the kitchen and bathroom and some in the garage ..
    Moving onto shampoos and conditioners, tooth paste, half bottles and tubes, I have either gone off them or dentist has said use another brand, working through them…
    Now running out of makeup, a bag of old makeup ( I know you are not supposed to) bringing lipsticks and other things back into play..

Itā€™s like having a sort out in a different way….thinking on my food cupboard, the food is starting to go down, I never have a empty cupboard, itā€™s far from empty but using different things in recipes and baking..

I have made my tiffin, a while since I have made it one of our favourites for our Friday treat…

Fasting is going strong here……hope everyone else is too…

Jean x

Endellion..
    You are doing a grand job, sounds like really hard work…enjoy your few days off…itā€™s nice you are back home and altogether ….balaclava recipe, please post recipe, that interests me…..

Dave..
    A change around wonā€™t hurt, keep with us donā€™t want to loose you….see how you go over a couple of weeks you can always go back to fasting ..

Itā€™s hard times to keep to everything we do, maintaining would be the best way to go if struggling, keeping an eye on the scales without putting on….

Jean x

I will never leave this site.Will do a month of calorie counting and get weighed on the 31st of May.No jumping on and off the scales for me,just once a month.Rain is moving across from Liverpool so better take Heidi out now.

Dave..
    Hope you get a dry walk…cold here but still dry…
    X

Dave- I think maintaining is pretty good really at the moment…hope counting your cals works for you, will be interesting to see if it works for you. 1500 seems quite low for you every day…hope you get your cruise money back.
    Minols- I think we’re all finding it tough at the moment with food- I am fasting but eating so much on nonFDs I’m just maintaining so I shouldn’t be here eitheršŸ˜‚. Good you can get local stuff, our butchers is at a station & is an old waiting room so is very small.
    Endellion- sounds like a nice job, under normal circumstances! Stay safe! I love baklava! Hope you can get the filo pastry, I think most pastry is hard to get…
    Veg delivery was Ā£49 šŸ˜±. Lovely to support them, but a bit expensive! The cauliflower wasn’t as fresh as everything else, so made a couple of cauliflower cheeses for the freezer. Will enjoy asparagus & spinach with mine tonight!
    Seeing Mum shortly.

Afternoon everyone!

Dave – don’t despair… maintaining is still a success. And don’t forget, weight can fluctuate a lot day by day, so yesterday or tomorrow could be very different. Maybe a month with a slightly different focus will switch things up for you. Stay strong!

Jean – using up things is so satisfying! Trying to do the same over here too. I don’t really go in for the use-by date on these things (maybe I should) but I figure as long as it’s not dried up or anything, it’s all good! As for the baklava, will post the recipe once I’ve tried it out. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday.

HH – again, maintenance is still a good thing! It’s a tough time so to keep yourself where you are is already a win. Didn’t get pastry yet – I actually went to the nearby big Tesco after work the other day, but my head was in the clouds and I totally forgot to look. I also forgot my purse and managed to get a parking ticket that day! That has to be a record haha!

Weighed today and 0.7kg down from last week. I’m pretty certain it’s just that initial ‘swoosh’ when you start watching what you’re eating again, but it’s motivating and I’ll take it! The plan is to stay strong through May and see where I end up by June.

x

I am quiet happy not putting any weight on.Managed a dry walk and a long one,Heidi is out for the count now. The sun is out at the moment but she won’t be going out again.446 calories so far today. So not doing too bad.

Endellion- well done on the loss- us oldies on here know pounds better, that must be nearly 2lbs? Do you cook for your parents too? They must love having you home!
    Had my dinner- the veggies were lovely!
    Mum was in quite high spirits, pleased with herself after doing decorating yesterday, nice to see her like that!

Evening All…

Kitchen closed…a pretty good day…was anyone else fasting today?

Lots of rain and hail this evening…good job our walk was over …

Jean x

Dave..
    Glad to hear you are stopping with us…mix things around a good idea…

Hedgehog..
    Ouch Ā£49 for fruit and veg…thatā€™s expensive…glad your veggie dinner was nice…high spirits for your mum, thatā€™s really good…

Endellion..
    Well done on your pound off a good start….swoosh…whatever itā€™s good…hope you get your pastry…

Jean x

1775 calories today with just 2 or 3 cups of tea to have so only 60 at the most. Will try for a lower day tomorrow but no fasting. Sainsbury’s tomorrow too.My mask is not here yet, it’s in the post I think, coming from Scotland.

Morning all!
    Surprised to see some sun this morning, but supposed to be showery, will take Xena out soon I think.
    Well done Jean fasting yesterday, especially if Steve’s tucking in to tiffin! I’m fasting today, I think I’ll be the only one, a low day for Dave as well ?

Morning All..
    Very dull here..debating where to walk Oreo has a bad ear so trying to keep away giving it time to heal, it keeps bleeding. Itā€™s very sore like a nick in the end, poor pup. May go a bit later to miss them.

Weight showed the same…I am like everyone on NFs I am loosing at the moment…maybe get my head around it after Steve gets sorted and the lockdown over..itā€™s the baking I know….a treat in a cafe is not the same as a plateful of cakes!….I am ok about it..at least I know were the problem is.

Nothing planned..just a bit of ironing …finish my book…

Hedgehog..
    Good luck on your fast day..

Dave..
    And you on your low day..

Speak later..
    Jean x

Morning all

Thanks for your encouragement.

Still not sleeping well – up for a couple of hours again in the middle of the night. So Starting with my beloved porridge really helps me get going.

A day of last things…making the decisions for Sunday, putting things out to folks for zoom and finishing off the boy’s work so that we have takeaway tonight and then 24 hours off – yippee!

Mx

Morning everyone, didn’t get around to posting yesterday was going to do it in the evening whilst husband was watching great British menu but remembered some upcoming family birthdays and a wedding anniversary so ordered them to be sent from Moonpig as I’ve got some cards that would have done but have run out of stamps and then forgot to post on here. Spoke to my sister this morning and she said you can buy stamps online from royal mail and have to pay postage. Managed my FD so was pleased about that. Our pub has added curry to the take away menu so thought we’d try it tonight instead of fish & chips.
    Horrible weather yesterday with thunder and lightning together with hailstones in the afternoon during the time slot for our Iceland delivery but luckily it had passed by the time it was delivered.
    Managed to get our walks in every day though between the showers.
    Dave be interesting to see if changing to calorie counting every day as opposed to 5:2 results in a good loss think sometimes it’s good to change things around a bit.
    Have a good day everyone whether fasting or not today and keep safe.
    Nana x

Good morning everyone hope your all well. Weather is miserable but dry at the moment. 60 calories so far today,not sure how many I will have today, depends how hungry I am. The sun is trying to break through so may do the shopping soon, don’t want to get wet in the queue at Sainsbury’s.

A good park walk…saw Oreo for 5 mins they were just leaving…then I did some training I havenā€™t for a while, I need to keep on top of him….he is quick to learn but he can be stubborn if he has his own way.

Minols..
    Good to have a day off..enjoy your take away this evening….

Nana..
    We got your rain and hail stone too then a beautiful rainbow…good you are getting your walks in..Steve has just had a letter today saying heā€™s in for 12 weeks, no walks out! Heā€™s only been to the park three times, I canā€™t see why not as we are away from people but it looks like a No….

Dave..
    I have been chatting to someone on here who has been fasting for 6 years on here we started more or less together….always doing two fasts, he started in February to do three fasts mon, wed and frid…he has lost 29 lbs over three months…over the years he started to maintain with two fasts…the extra fast worked for him…see how you go with the calories…
    I think calorie counting and fasting together…otherwise itā€™s just like any diet not a way of life.

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Jean- didn’t your nurse tell you that Steve should go out for short walks for a bit of exercise? If you’re well away from people I can’t see the harm- TBH if you were going to do it properly you’d have to totally isolate too, otherwise you could catch something & bring it back to Steve, which isn’t possible, obvs. Well done maintaining; very hard to do even that when you’re baking for Steve!
    Minols- hope that you get all the work done so you can enjoy a day off tomorrow!
    Nana- we had the stormy weather later, but not hail. The clap for carers was quieter than normal! How’s your daughter, is she getting better? Hope the takeaway is good tonight!
    Dave- hope you get everything at the shops, & don’t get tempted at the shop!
    Popped in to Mum’s- had some bread & milk for her, pretended I needed some stuff with her online shop so I could do her shopping with her, she’s in quite a muddle & had 4 different lists on the go all over the house! That took ages as she kept getting phone calls, & had a job getting her focussed again afterwards! So haven’t got anything done this morning, other than feeding my boys a big cooked breakfast!

Afternoon everyone!

HH – thank you! haha, sorry – did the calculation and my total loss over the past two weeks comes to 3 and a half pounds. Happy with that! Hopefully can maintain a steady pound a week loss in the weeks to come…
    I cook for the whole family! (my brother lives at home permanently). Maybe about 3/4 times a week, something like that. I’ve always loved cooking, and am predominantly vegan, so that’s part of it. I always said I was happy to make separate things so they could carry on eating whatever they wanted, but the consensus was that we’d eat the same things together as much as possible. Their choice! And it turns out they love what I make anyway, luckily. I do lots of curries and dals with lentils or chickpeas, homemade bean burgers, pies, soups… Last night was fried wholemeal gnocchi with garlic, spinach, pesto and roast broccoli, tonight will be butternut squash and rosemary risotto. My speciality!
    Hope your mum’s alright too.

Jean – oh no, poor Oreo! Hope he’s keeping up okay!

Hi Minols – mmm, love porridge in the morning! I remember a long time ago someone saying they enjoyed a swirl of cream in their porridge… was that you?

Hi Nana! Crazy weather at the moment! Really have to time the walks right, constantly checking the forecast…

Dave – best of luck at Sainsbury’s. Maybe the rain will drive some people off?

Feeling persistently tired today, and my head’s been spinning lately. Dug out some supplements today I’d forgotten about that’ll hopefully be the solution…

x

Well done on the weight loss, Endellion! Food you cook sounds good, your family are lucky!
    Getting pretty hungry now šŸ˜¬. Salad for dinner, but not for a couple of hours!

Hedgehog..
    We must ask the nurse again next week and see what they think about having a walk out…I am afraid the tiffin is shared and itā€™s a very nice tiffin this time…itā€™s our favourite…šŸ˜¬
    A lazy day for me and although you have been busy itā€™s when you donā€™t seem to have done anything much. At least you sorted the shopping out…well done on your fast day..

Endellion..
    Well done on the weight loss a good start….what a lot of recipes you have they sound really nice but I do like meat…nice when you cook for your family…..rest up on your days off.. no wonder you are tired…

Jean x

Morning All…
    Sunny day…park walk burn some energy and some training….

Nothing much planned .. I shall watch James Martin this morning with a cuppa…pulled pork in later, may have a dinner tonight and pulled pork tomorrow as itā€™s a big joint..

Enjoy your day what ever you decide…keep busy and strong and sane šŸ˜‚

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Very busy day so far- a lovely early walk with the Xena; the lilac on the heath is fully out now, & could smell it 100m away, beautiful! Cooked a big breakfast for the boys- they liked the butchers bacon & were happy I got more hash browns from tesco! Nipped to Mum’s with some pizza I’d got for her, she misses coming here on a Saturday night, the best I could do! Then cleaned- spring cleaned the cloakroom, while I’d got the blind gadget thing out I did the landing blind & window, then the bathrooms…then thought I’d clean the bathrooms while I was at it, & then hoovered everywhere while the hoover was out! The kitchen floor needed a mop too, & now I’m done!
    I’ve not been good food-wise though; couldn’t resist the cheesecake, & it’s not a keto one šŸ˜¬!
    Have a good weekend all!

I am stuck at the moment, trying to sort out a remote control but can’t do anymore while Denise is here and have received the new wall socket but again can’t do that while the washing machine is running.On the plus side not had anything to eat, been too busy.Sirloin steak for tea, don’t know what to have with it though. Heidi’s had one walk so will take her again soon.

Evening everyone, not much to report but the weather has brightened up.
    Had a chat with daughter earlier and she’s feeling much better than she has of late. Son in law said that there’s no let up at his Tesco eXtra store where he works on the click & collect.
    Had a lovely evening meal of lobster and prawn linguine cooked by the husband so definitely not a FD today. We’d had the lobster in the freezer since before Christmas so thought we’d better eat it.
    Stay safe everyone.
    Nana x

Morning!
    Minols- hope that you had a good day off yesterday, & that today all goes smoothly!
    Nana- glad your daughter is feeling much better! Your dinner sounded great; hope that it was as good as it sounded!
    Dave- hope you can get the socket sorted, & how many cals yesterday?
    Jean- hope the pork was good! Have a good day!
    Endellion- have a good day too, or is it back to work now?
    I might have a FD today to make up for yesterday’s blow out! But feeling a bit weak šŸ˜‚

Morning All..
    A bright day and an early walk at the park with Steve it was nice….one round for him then a second round was a training session…he is a good boy, he learns fast.

We had a late breakfast, bacon and tomatoes on toast a change for us…enjoyable…

A very down day for me yesterday….very fed up ..just enough of too much of the sameness….I feel better today.

Hedgehog…
    You did a lot of cleaning yesterday and sorting out…you must of nearly finished your spring cleaning….its hard not eating when you make nice things…

Nana..
    A lovely meal your hubby cooked for you..sounded quite special. I am pleased your daughter is feeling better too.

Dave..
    Have you sorted your plug out yet?

Endellion..
    Are you relaxed out ready to start your long shifts again….

Kay..
    Have you heard anything about the dog….are you feeling better in yourself …

Thinking I might make some scones for the freezer, looking like I have some room now.

Jean x

Good day, I had under 1500 calories yesterday HH so not a bad day. Jean I am waiting for a tester to check that the electricity is definitely turned off, I have a socket tester being delivered today but have to wait for the multimeter to be delivered before I do the socket.I know I could do it without these things but better safe than sorry. They will come in useful in the future.Roast beef tonight so I will make the Yorkshire’s in a bit. Difficult to get the calorific value of roast beef dinner but will try. Just weigh everything.

HH – you always sound so busy! But seems a good (and delicious) weekend for you. Never mind about the cheesecake. WOL, remember. The important thing is that you enjoyed it.

Nana – the linguine sounds fabulous! Seafood was always my favourite…

Dave – congrats on the low day!

Jean – glad you’re feeling more perky today. Normal for all of us to have low days given everything. A bit of sunshine definitely helps!

Normally I’d have been up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday for work, but they didn’t need me today. And I’ve not been confirmed for my usual shifts either tomorrow-Wednesday, so we’ll see how my work week will turn out in the end. Maybe it’ll be just one or two shorter ones later in the week. Hopefully! But I certainly have needed and relished this longer time off to rest up and recover.

Slightly hungover this morning after two ‘parties’ with friends over Zoom last night, which was a lot of fun. Close as it gets to the real thing, I guess… Have been on long walks every day in the woods, ticked off my weekly home workouts, and got round to making that baklava too! It came out very very delicious. This is the recipe if anyone is interested:
    https://www.themediterraneandish.com/how-to-make-baklava/
    All those nuts make it very expensive, but then it’s expensive to buy made too, I suppose. And this makes a lot! I’ve cut it into very small diamonds, probably about 40. It’s not as sickly sweet as some I’ve had before, and has a lovely nutty taste. That makes it healthy, right?! Haha!

Happy Sunday to everyone! x

Evening!
    Jean- glad you’re feeling better today; the lockdown’s hard enough & you have extra worry with Steve too…hope the scones turned out well if you made them! Sadly I keep looking around ;
    & finding more cleaning to do, I think I must’ve been a lazy wotsit over winter, looks fine on the surface, but not so good in the corners!!
    Dave- enjoy the roast beef…have you heard about a refund on the holiday?
    Endellion- I love baklava! Might give it a go for my mum, she loves it. Glad the party was good, if not the hangover šŸ˜¬ good you can get out for walks.
    Didn’t fast in the end, there was cheesecake left so as son said, I ‘took one for the team’! Will do a very strict fast tomorrow though, tummy has been a bit iffy tonight, so the rest will do it good!
    Saw Mum this afternoon, had a good natter & a game. (& an icecream each as she’d just got some in her Sainsburys shopping!)

I am waiting for an email from TUI before I can get a refund.Under 1500 calories today,a few cuppas to drink so definitely under 1600šŸ˜œšŸ˜„.Under 1500 yesterday so it’s going well. Think it’s the fasting that help me try and stay low.

Good Morning….
    A bright day…up early as Iceland order was coming…very organised texting you to keep you informed, three things were out of stock so not too bad…lot of extra large sizes šŸ˜‚..keep me going, then some small sizes, itā€™s hard to know your weights without looking…

I am fasting today just had a small breakfast, up at 6 so I thought I needed it…cuppa, shower, hair wash and walk…

Hedgehog..
    No scones made yesterday…I donā€™t seem much tidying to do, new wardrobes last year so all sorted stuff taken to charity shops, kitchen fine too…I am just ticking over cleaning…oven possibly needs a clean. Shame on yesterdayā€™s fast ..you are with me today…

Dave..
    Hope TUI is quick everyone seems to be kicking their heels on refunds…

Endellion..
    Hope they send you some shifts although bad for you, does that mean the hospital beds arenā€™t filling up…maybe some good news……enjoy a few extra relax days….

Have a good day everyone…

Jean x

Morning!
    Jean- that was an early order! Hope that & the local shop keeps you going enough! Hope the FD isn’t too long for you!
    What’s everyone else up to?!
    Fasting too, feeling not too great today- probably sugar overload over the weekend, silly me!- so it might not be that energetic!

Good morning everyone!

I’m trying to do a FD today, woke up with a sore throat šŸ™ not feeling too great but hopefully it wont develop into anything worse. I’m annoyed that I had to skip my exercise this morning because of it.

Anyway, looks like a nice day outside! Hope the bank holiday on Friday is nice too!

Have a good day, good luck anyone fasting.

x

Morning – Dave’s low days has inspired me… I’m with the fasters – gulp – first time in ages! I’m planning to cook a chicken something this evening based loosely on Jamie Oliver’s wee videos on Channel 4, and I’m hoping that is going to be all, unless I need a wee dod of porridge later. But that will be made essentially with water today – I’ve even cut milk from my coffee! Going hard core! (HH – not more for th cream in porridge…strictly a demerara sugar girl to the horror of my Scottish husband!)

Weekend went well – tech-y issues yesterday, but everyone very forgiving. Forgot that just becuause I’d done something once a week ago, that doesn’t mean I really know what I’m doing, or would remember how to do things yesterday!

The boy is at my left side doing his literacy task – requires watching a whole lot of youtube clips of Star Wars stuff from Britain’s got Talent and then writing about it…it’s loud, sounds great…but I can’t see it from this side of the desk!

Happy Star Wars Day (apparently!) – may the Fourth be with you!

Mx

Morning everyone!

HH – once you notice things to clean it’s impossible to unsee, unfortunately! Especially since I’m used to very strict standards at work. Think wiping cupboard doors, on top of doors, etc… Sounds a a lovely Sunday for you though, catch-up and an ice cream. Heaven!
    Sorry to hear you’re not feeling too great today. Take it easy!

Jean – I agree, it’s good news really if there’s less work for me. I was promised about 2-3 months of work, so while it would be nice financially to have a few more weeks secured, it’s a good sign for sure if they don’t need me! The hospitals have plenty of space, partly because all of the non-essential things being cancelled.
    Your house sounds so organised! I have a heap of things I stuffed up in the loft that I really should go up and tackle some day…

Dragonfly – oh no, sorry about your throat. Try lemon juice and hot water?

Minols – yay! Welcome! Think most of us are on the fast today. Stay strong and May the Fourth be with you too haha!

Feeling good and positive this morning. Sun’s out, and I’m feeling just that little bit more trim which is nice. In the past I found I was going quite overboard on NFDs, maybe partly because I was doing alternate days. But anyway, I’m finding this time round I’m getting the balance right of enjoying good food and some wine, but without overdoing it. I’m trying to approach my NFDs as how I want a typical day to look long-term, so I practise maintainable habits. Seems to be working so I’m happy about that!
    Have had a black coffee, will do a leg workout soon… do a few online orders, Portuguese practise, and write a blog post. I love writing and I wonder if I can make some money from it at some point. Fingers crossed that a FD at home isn’t too difficult!

x

Hi..
    A lovely walk, strange day a bit drizzling then stopped and sunny..three rounds of the park….

Tidied up a bit, Charlieā€™s mince cooking for his freezer dinners…his chicken to do tomorrow…

Hedgehog..
    Hope you feel better later..I find the same on an overload of food…getting good crops on the micro greens, will I have time to eat them?…donā€™t think Steve will eat them..my coriander is supposed to be hard to grow but already it is sprouting…

DF..
    Hope you feel better too later..hope itā€™s just a sore a throat…supposed to be getting warmer…

Minols…
    Good you are joining us fasting…..hope your chicken recipe is nice for this evening….have you ever eaten ā€˜Cranachanā€™..itā€™s a Scottish dessert made with oats…if so is it nice? I have never got round to making it.

Endellion..
    I love and live with plastic boxes with lids, all at the top of my wardrobe and under a spare bedrooms beds..I go from summers to winter clothes then reverse as the season changes..shoes in another…Steve used to laugh at me but I notice he has boxes now in the garage šŸ˜‚

Itā€™s nice your clothes are feeling good and you have a good balance on NFDs, I think those days are the hardest. My cooked meals I am finding they are too large for me, I have left food on a few occasions recently…just eat enough instead of finishing it all.

Jean x

Jean – never made it but eaten it lots…yum! Imagine a Scottish Eton Mess but much more righteous and presbyterian!

Mx

Minols..
    Looks like I will making it šŸ˜‚…Thanks.
    X

Afternoon!
    Good luck with the FD, Minols! May the fourth be with you too, hope it helps you get through the day! Hope your son enjoys his Star Wars tasks for school work, it sounds more appealing than some of the other work he’s done!!
    Jean- sounds like a yummy pud, you are good making these things for Steve on a FD, or will you be including it in your cals too?
    Endie- good the hospital’s are quieter definitely! Well done feeling trim & being better on nonFDs, my downfall at the moment! Keep strong!
    DF- hope that your throat is nothing too serious- have you taken your temperature? Good luck fasting!
    Dave- how’s the calorie counting going?
    Thanks for the sympathy, wasn’t looking for it, it was self-inflicted! But did feel much better after our walk- cut short as Xena keeps eating bracken, stupid girl. Had to keep her on a lead, pointless driving to the forest to have to do that, so will just do a very boring walk round the street & maybe the field the next couple of days, hopefully a muzzle will work! Have found more to clean- started on the kitchen spotlights, did all the tiles, moved everything off the work tops- been a while since I did that,lazy!- & then had to mop the floor again. Kitchen all done except for the oven, couldn’t face that today! & washing the curtains, forecast too iffy today.
    So kept my mind off food, nothing eaten so far.
    Keep strong everyone!

Evening …
    Kitchen closed…I have had a good fast day…kept busy doing the jigsaw, quite a lot wrong with the sky, three shades of blue a nightmare…doing it now in a different way hoping we improve…

Had 2 hard boiled eggs on a salad tonight on one slice of bread, using some of home grown micro greens, which tonight was my radishes…very tasty I enjoyed it.

A couple of good walks and nothing much more..hospital in the morning for Steves blood test and Thursday for his treatment number three cycle…I think he has a CT scan in a couple of weeks to see if itā€™s working, a scary one šŸ˜¬

Hedgehog..
    No pudding made I need some mascarpone and double cream…..it will be at a later date…I have been thinking for a while I thought Minols might know what itā€™s like…it sounds delicious…no baking today!

Very impressed with Iceland, I only bought 4 things frozen all the rest was general cupboard stuff, arrived at 8am, lovely guy delivering it….naughty Xena eating wrong stuff, she wonā€™t be amused with a muzzle..šŸ˜„

Jean x

Evening everyone, FD completed it wasn’t too difficult but as usual on a FD I’ve been really cold don’t why it happens.
    Dragon Fly hope you’re feeling a bit better now.
    Jean glad the Iceland delivery turned out alright for you.
    Hedgehogs you have been so busy with all of the cleaning – I really should be doing the same but can’t work up the enthusiasm at the moment.
    Hope everyone else having a FD has been successful.
    Enjoy the rest of your evening everyone and stay safe.
    Nana x

Xena is doing an Heidi, trying to get a fix šŸ˜„. Calorie counting doing ok,may be my highest day today but under 2000 calories.Sat in car today while Denise did the shopping, was good listening to Amazon music on my car radio. I will do the shopping on Friday and Denise will do it again next week. Some good stuff on Amazon music,I have the three months trial of unlimited music.I downloaded a progressive rock playlist.Not had chance to listen to it all yet. It started off with Mike Oldfield then Focus,next Curved Air then Hawkwind.

Jean – yes, in some ways the FD is easier because at least you have strict guidelines to stick to… not much thinking to do. The NFDs are full of decisions about what to eat, when, etc., so I guess until it becomes habit for me it’s more effort, making sure I listen to my body, have what I want, but within certain limits.
    Definitely finding I’m happy with smaller portions too though.
    Haha, I love how you’ve subtly convinced Steve of your ways!
    Wow, Cranachan sounds so good! Had a Google and definitely want to have a go at that.

HH – good strong FD for you today, it sounds like! Congrats! And maybe a muzzle is the solution for Xena.

Nana – well done on the FD as well. I think the coldness comes from your body not wanting to ‘waste’ energy keeping all of you warm when it can tell it’s not got much fuel. Just like when your hands and feet get cold on a chilly day – your body has to conserve its energy for keeping your vital organs in full working function as a priority. I get it quite bad too, so always try to have a hot tea before bed, and even a hot water bottle.

Dave – good job on your calorie counting. I did that free trial too a while ago and got on quite well with it. Good to save the tenner a month I was spending on Spotify Premium… But I just went back to Spotify yesterday after my trial ended – I think the platform is a bit more user friendly and less glitchy.

Struggled a bit today – worked out, scrubbed my shoes clean, then sat down to write, and somehow spent 2 hours procrastinating. Still, I made a delicious Moroccan lentil and chickpea stew with apricots for dinner that has me good and full, and now I’ve made inroads on my article, at last. Definitely easier to fast when I’m at work, even if I do get a bit lightheaded.

x

Endellion I came off Spotify which I really liked but to be honest there’s not very much difference between the 2 of then except Amazon is Ā£8 and Spotify Ā£10.Amazon very easy to operate so I will save Ā£2 per month. I think Amazon has more music than Spotify but I only listen to music up to the 80s.Try calorie counting on non fast days just for a week. It will give you an idea of what you are having, and no cheating, everything must be counted or it’s a waste of time.

Morning all!
    Nana- well done on the FD- I get really cold too, need a hot water bottle!
    Dave- I can understand Denise wanting to do the shopping, I miss it, not good if she can’t reach stuff though! Enjoy the music…
    Jean- enjoy your breakfast today after your fast! Well done with the sprouting seeds, you’ve done better than me- I kept mine in the dark, & then forgot to water them! So some have died, & I didn’t sow them thick enough! Live & learn!
    DF- how are you, is your throat better? Hope you managed a FD?
    Mine was under 500cals, hoping for a low day today.
    Taking Xena out soon- weather not looking good though, might get wet!

Morning All…
    Already walked, itā€™s a lovey day…mist is on top of our river and fields..

Blood test for Steve this morning, 9.15 so nice and early…shall we say a day out!! šŸ˜‚…no cafe šŸ˜„

Endellion..
    My recipe was a Mary Berry, it looked so easy to do on the TV…I must have a go…everything is a way of life for me now..I have been doing it ages, still my NFDs are and can be still iffy…Steves quite happy doing two a week but no more, still I can do food which is good for me then he can have bread or more food if he wants too..with his cancer he isnā€™t fasting at the moment as on chemo..

Dave..
    I listen to free Spotify..sometimes..

Hedgehog..
    I will send a picture of mine…I filled too much compost on two, the seeds are lifting it up…my coriander they say is hard and iffy and need patience mine is up already small but looking good, I am doing a tray to eat as micro and a pot to grow big for cooking…..my cress is a disappointing a bit slow and small leaf..radish is amazing and the taste too…

DF..
    Hope you you are feeling better…

Kay..
    How are you, after your visual party..hope your spirit is lifted….we are both feeling fed up a lot, it comes and goes…I am missing food shopping….

Face on and hair to do then we are off….

Jean x

Hi all,

Thanks for the well wishes yesterday, unfortunately I didn’t manage a very successful FD. I was low enough, I think, but still not a fast. My throat feels a lot better this morning, so must have been a 24 hour thing. I’ll do another FD Thursday, hopefully more successfully this time!

Hope everyone’s okay, take care and have a good day!

Stay strong anyone fasting, you’ll definitely do better than I did yesterday LOL.

xx

Morning everyone!

Dave – hmm, I’ve always wondered about going back to calorie counting on NFDs. I spent years doing that in my teens when I had a borderline eating disorder, and became a bit obsessed with it… so I’ve always been hesitant to go back. That’s why I like only counting twice a week. I was wondering whether just keeping written food diary might be a good compromise?

HH – hope you didn’t get drenched!

Jean – oh, I’m so sorry to hear that… how awful for you both. Sorry, I must’ve not picked up on it in past messages. Thinking of you both.
    You give me hope I can stick at this too and maintain when I reach my goal..

DF – sounds like you did well considering. Maybe a full fast would’ve been too much of a stress on your body. Glad to hear you’re feeling better!

Feeling good this morning and keen to have a productive day. Heading out in a minute for some HIIT sprinting, then want to crack on with sign language course I’ve been doing online.

x

Viewing 50 posts - 27,651 through 27,700 (of 35,407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.