Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,940 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Nanafixit 2 hours, 44 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,151 through 22,200 (of 35,427 total)

• HH don’t think I will get much opportunity to use cruise control,one of my other cars had it and I think the only time I used it was when I went to Glasgow.The more gadgets the better for me๐Ÿ˜. Heidi is getting under my feet wherever I go she is there.I looked for the new chocolate in Sainsbury’s but they had non so I escaped the calories ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜.

Morning all!
    Lovely early start for me๐Ÿ˜ช helping with the birthday party for my friend- she wants me there at 9am, so will give Xena an early walk first. The party is from 11-1, then they’re bringing their older daughter over for a couple of hours to play, as she can’t cope with the party- the girls are both autistic but very diffetent with how it affects them.
    Beautiful day here!

Morning all! Yes Im back!
    Gorgeous day here, if a bit windy.
    Start of a new month and I intend to be lighter at the end of it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Will have a skim read and catch up after work.
    Have good weekend all!

Good morning everyone. Well done Dave on the 3 lb! We are all set for a good June. Yesterday went all wrong, fail to plan and plan to fail. My Fast800 day went by the window but was controlled and didnโ€™t go mad, nothing sweet. Was feeling frustrated I think looking at June calendar. Was feeling very focussed but saw how much was happening in the month. My idea of ADF is right out the window, so will have to do it when I can and watch myself on social days.

Really enjoying checking in with everybody. Hedgehogs – Jodie is a pale apricot standard poodle. She keeps me out walking which is my only exercise. What is Xena? And Dave, what is Heidi? And Charlie, enjoying his holiday?

Hope everyone has a good day. Feeling strong now for Fast800 for four days before Wales.

Hi MelFish, Heidi is a 13 year old German shepherd,she is fast asleep at the moment so I am going out bowling,I need the practice,only been twice up to now.My son bought some tea cakes yesterday on his way home from weight lifting so I couldn’t resist ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿฝ.Must stay away from them ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค. Speak later.

HI all – lovely start to the day so I went for a ‘run’, but not so great now, and cold! I re-did one of the runs as it’s been almost a week since I last got out. Quite enjoy it.

I had 50 kids in yesterday – lots of noise and carry on. Loved it!

So far, I’ve resisted the buiscuits, even though I’m down at my office to try and get something written for tomorrow.

All tents went up alright last night – haven’t heard yet today if they stayed up all night, but no news in good news.

Jean – I know a number of people who swear by their electric bikes. A friend of mine got stopped by the police, though for speeding coming down the hill from his house on the way to a funeral! 32 mph. Adjusted his scarf and when they saw the collar they let him off! I borrowed my Dads a couple of times years ago, and loved it!

Right – no more putting things off. I must decide just waht I need to say tomorrow, and then get home and crack on with tidying and sorting while the boy is out of the way.

Mx

Back from bowling and boy do I ache,well at least my knees do๐Ÿฅด.A lady called Irene always sets me up with a partner to play, was easy today only a couple there,so I had a practice with a man called John,he is 83 and as been playing for three years.We played for an hour then had a cuppa then had a proper game,it was very close, eventually he beat me 21-19.When my flight was delayed on our holiday going out to Lanzarote, I decided to put a claim in not expecting to get anything, today I got a letter from Tui saying I am entitled to ยฃ691:68.So glad I claimed now ๐Ÿค‘. Don’t know when I will get it.

Wow thatโ€™s a result! Glad you enjoyed your bowls. Is it outdoor bowls? My father in law used to love it.
    I was being lazy (watching the cricket) and forced myself to have a good walk with Jodie. Hour and a half and kept the pace up. Managing Fast800 today too, but trying not to think of ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท!
    Well done Minols on your run this morning. Hope everyone has had a good day.

Yes crown green bowls,it’s a northern thing I think.Panel bowling or flat green bowling down south,not sure about Scotland.Cant take Heidi far these days she is usually behind me now instead of pulling me.She met two of her friends on our walk before Oscar and DJ,two shih Tzu’s.
    The were on long leads pinned to the floor so I let Heidi off the lead to play with them.

Evening…finally putting my feet up, I ache too!
    Dave- great result with the compensation- I was amazed when I got ยฃ200 for the delay coming back from Ireland.
    Mel- Xena is a 10 month old golden/ fox red lab…who discovered ballons for the 1st time today, she loves them! I’ll be joining you back on the fast800 next week…
    Minols- well done with the running! & surviving all the children!
    Jean- hope the next site is good!
    The party was great but hard work! Willpower held until nearly the end ๐Ÿ˜ข
    The cake got there safely too…
    Walked Xena in the woods afterwards, finally sitting down now!

Watching football on the telly,legs getting better.Heidi asleep again,she will wake up soon look to see if I am still here then doze off again๐Ÿ˜„

Morning all! Quieter day thankfully, catching up with mum later after Church. Weather good here again…

Did ok yesterday and think I should be fine today, although feeling empty. I do have a question though. I am doing 16:8 which I find easy but I do have a mug of tea with milk in bed 8โ€™ish a.m. Does that totally ruin the overnight 16 hour fast? Donโ€™t see how it can but happy to be corrected! Canโ€™t see me giving it up though. Hedgehogs, Xena sounds lovely. I remember when Jodie was that age, what a magical time (but hard work). Hope everyone achieves their aims and has a great day.

MelFish. If it does I have been doing it wrong for years! I even allow myself milk in my coffee when I am doing a fluid only, zero calorie day. I think in theory it makes a difference, but in practice I can’t see it.

Thanks for that Penguin, I shall continue enjoying OHโ€™s morning offering. Twenty minutes with tea and book in bed starts the day beautifully!

I had my last drink around 1:30 am๐Ÿ˜œ.Roast beef tonight,not decided if I will have anything before it, possibly a steak toastie or maybe not.So much for good weather in June it’s been raining half the morning โ˜”โ˜”.I got the circulation booster out last night, forgot I had that,it helped with aching legs.No exercising today other than taking Heidi out, tomorrow Wednesday and Thursday exercising ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ Tuesday bowling and may go fishing on Friday.

Heidi had a good walk,she met three of her friends,just escaped the rain too so a good walk.She is lay at my feet now so I can’t move๐Ÿฅด

Dave- getting very active! Apart from Heidi laying on your feet now…what’s a circulation booster? Hope the beef is good later…
    Mel- I don’t very often manage without a tea or coffee in the mornibg- have had it black occasionally but it’s just not sustainable! In theory it’s calories but doesn’t seem to make any difference to me either- you’ve got to do what makes it work for you!
    We had our last dog from a puppy too, but it was a while ago so has been a bit of a shock to the system! She is getting alot calmer already! On our walk this morning we met a 17year old spaniel, very doddery & she was so gentle around him, poor old boy!
    Trying a new recipe for the boys tonight- slow roast lamb schwarma, hope they like it! Hubby won’t try it though!

Circulation booster is what Ian Botham advertises,you put your feet on it and it vibrates like a tens machine.I set it at 75and use for 30 minutes.

Oh, right, I think that I’ve seen that on TV, good that it helps!
    Think the thermostat has gone a bit haywire on my oven- supposed to be cooking the lamb on low, but it feels too hot! Hope it’ll be okay!

Morning all!
    Shan’t be fasting today, would’ve been Dad’s birthday so going out for lunch with mum (her idea), sis & aunt. She wants to visit his grave on the way home, so will get herself realky upset then even if she manages to enjoy lunch!
    I like to remember dad & think of him often but making a big deal of all these dates is not my thing ๐Ÿ˜ž
    So not fasting today, will hopefully get properly back on board tomorrow!
    Hope everyone fasti g stays strong, have a good Monday, & have a safe journey home Jean!

I’ll carry the baton HH fast day for me,gym at 3pm so I will take Heidi out first.Speedway tonight against the Witches, battle for the top,two top teams tonight in the league.Not been in the car much think it’s only done 25 miles and it had over 20 when I got it.Not a bad deal I got two thousand knocked off because it had 20 miles on it,got all the car mats free and even getting a dash cam when it comes,it’s all wired up ready to go.Weather rubbish again but dry at the moment.Only had one cuppa so far today.

Afternoon All..
    We are back home, car emptied and first wash on…neighbour has just cut our front grass, very nice so just the back to do…shopping a bit later…

We have really enjoyed our three weeks away..Charlie I think has as well, all of our route we considered what he would like, heโ€™s fast asleep on the sofa now..

We are fasting today…ham salad this evening…goodness knows what the scales will say…๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hedgehog..
    Hoping today goes ok for you all and your Mum holds out and doesnโ€™t get too upset..it will be nice to have all the family around..todayโ€™s special….although like you..you canโ€™t do every date maybe just at the moment..

Scanned the weekends posts but will start from today again…too many to go back on…sorry…nice to be home..

Jean x

Welcome back Jean glad you had a good holiday, Charlie will need a good rest now.Just under 100 days to my next holiday I think.Heidi met a new friend,a pug.Fast day going well, don’t know what I will have to eat later.

All this fasting going on and I woke up and just thought I canโ€™t do it. Have had quite a lot of 700ish cal days but find it hard to do more than two or three in a row. Eating carefully, watching carbs and sugar. There is a Heston Blumenthal chocolate teapot which has been calling me since Easter. Might have a smidge tonight!
    Jean, glad you all enjoyed your holiday. Jodie loves her holidays but you can see she loves getting back on her sofa. Brads27 having a very virtuous day – fasting and gym! Hedgehogs, hope the day is going well.

You can do it MelFish,I did two weeks of 800 that was difficult but just about did it.A strange yellow thing has appeared in the sky,not seen that much of it here lately.Its warm though so maybe summer is on its way.

Afternoon All…
    Second wash on the line and another wash in…shopping bought…lots of protein for me and no bread or potatoes until I scream for them, hoping I can last the month…no alcohol or naughties for a month!

Letโ€™s do this Kay and Minols..I will try and keep with you….Mel too I think..

Mel..
    I think I know what you mean Charlie has been sleeping since getting home…walk time at 4.15, see if we can catch up with doggie friends….

Try and keep going, keep focused ๐Ÿ˜€…we will find it hard, Steveโ€™s already saying heโ€™s hungry, I am not too bad…eaten far too much chocolate and biscuits!!…and red wine!!

Dave..
    100 days to holiday..wonderful…we have had brilliant weather, one day of mixed showers/sun and one afternoon really cold…shorts on every day…hope your aches are better today..

Jean x

Jean, although today turned into a NFD I am being good. Luckily I am not a snacker, so itโ€™s just three meals, three good choices. Um, except for the red wine and chocolate (only a little) I am planning for later. I suppose you could say at least it is all planned, not mindlessly shoving food into my mouth! Iโ€™m good at that too! You sound really focussed, no alcohol or naughties. Think how good you will feel at the end of the month. Dave, thanks for the support, tomorrow is a strict fast day before going to Wales for four days.

I can manage without alcohol very easily these days,not had any since I got home from Lanzarote.Just back from gym so having a cuppa.I will take Heidi out make my tea then off to speedway at 6-30.I love chocolate but not had any of that either,I did look for that new Cadburys choccy but they didn’t have any in Sainsbury’s ๐Ÿ˜‡

Meal finished..quite enjoyed it…thatโ€™s it for the day..a small glass of milk before bed…

Hi All…
    Thinking ahead…a crust less quiche for my breakfast, in oven now…must get off having cereal again which I have been having while away…._____________line drawn must keep on the right side of it!..๐Ÿ˜‚

Mel..
    Where are you going in Wales my step daughter lives near Newport…we get down maybe three times a year…have a lovely time…have your time off knowing you can get straight back to fasting when back…just enjoy yourself.

Dave…
    Enjoy your speedway tonight..

Jean x

Evening!
    Jean & Dave- well done with the fasting, keep strong this evening!
    Mel- hope you can be strong for tomorrow before your holiday! Well done havibg a careful day today, it’s the days ‘off’ which are my downfall at the moment!
    Had a lovely walk with sis & her ‘pup’- he’s bigger than Xena now! Lovely to be just us 2, have had to take mum with us all the time recently, but aunt was entertaining her this morning…lunch was fine until mum put her phone on & started reading texts from a couple of friends thinking of her today- why did she do that?!๐Ÿ˜ฃ
    Foodwise I was good- chose a yummy salad & stuck to keto, so no pud! No cheese board on the menu๐Ÿ˜ž
    Hoped to go back to Fast800 for the 2 weeks til our next trip, but realised have a ladies walk & pub lunch on Saturday, but hopefully can do the rest of the days!

Speedway was very exciting, Ipswich led until two races from the end then the score was 42-42 going into the last race,The Aces won the last race 5-1 so won the meeting.Fast day successful so good day tomorrow ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ–๐Ÿ–๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ,New sofa’s coming today so put the old ones outside to make room for the new ones.

A new day, new attitude. Going to have a good fast day. Will think of you Jean and HH so not alone. Dave enjoy your day, glad you enjoyed the speedway. In Wales we are near a small town called Lampeter, inland from Aberystwyth. A smallholding with a few sheep, pigs (although they might be in the freezer!) a Shetland pony, geese, dogs and cats. Love it there but blimey can they drink! I have to be really careful not to match them. They do eat healthy homegrown meals though. First weigh in tomorrow since I started this 13 days ago ๐Ÿ˜ฑ.

Morning All..
    Lovely day but heavy rain expected lunch time…looks like wet gear on for afternoon walk…

I decided to brave the scales I expected at least half a stone on But only 2 lbs on hope that moves by weigh in day Friday..

Going low carbs for the month..trotting to the loo all the time…always a good sign of weight coming off ๐Ÿ˜‚

More washing today, clothes this time..all yesterdayโ€™s dried only a tiny bit of ironing there…

Dave..
    Speedway sounded exciting, Steve watches it sometimes but he would rather watch road races..

Hedgehog..
    Glad you enjoyed your walk with sis..sometimes itโ€™s just nice two at a time I feel that with my daughters..lunch went well as good as it can be…
    Where are you going for your next break?…
    We are hoping to go to Whitby area at the end of month, a forest there for the boy….unfortunately a few hospital appointments coming up….an urgent one tomorrow which we got rung up about while away ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿคž…

Kay..
    Where are you?…are you with us this month as promised!

Well a quick cuppa, hair dry and walk…

Jean x

Sofa’s all in and setup,nice and comfortable, Denise is on about getting cushions ๐Ÿ™„. Shopping next then bowling.Its been raining but the sun is trying to come out.

Dave- I can’t be pleased about the speedway, but glad for you! Nice to have the new sofa, hope Heidi’s nose isn’t put out of joint! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Jean- hope the appt. goes okay, thinking of you…amazingly well done only 2lbs on, the walking must’ve helped!! love Whitby! Our next break is south Devon, just 2 nights, our own beach, off grid, no electric!
    Mel- your break sounds nice- apart from the meat, I’m veggie! Do you take Jodie?
    Hope your weigh-in goes well tomorrow!
    I am too chicken to get on the scales right now!!
    Already made a quiche for dinner, not for mine! It’s Xena’s training day, obedience later then hoopers tonight.
    Hungry already!

Mel..
    Our posts crossed..have a lovely time in Wales it sounds just what I like, nobody about, countryside nothingness..I donโ€™t think you can beat it..hope you can slow down against the drinking ๐Ÿ˜‚..good luck on your weigh in tomorrow hope itโ€™s a good surprise…

Dave..
    Lovely to get your sofa in…never stops the spending for us women….cushions will look lovely ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hedgehog..
    Your holiday sounds lovely too…secluded you do find them…reminded me when we went to Goa we did a straw hut on the beach for two nights, there were about 10 huts spaced out… it was lovely, although one electric light bulb, basic cold shower and loo, and a mossie net….we dressed as hippies with long beads ( bought off beach sellers) going to the local bar at night…the next morning I was covered in red paint around my next, goodness so hard to get off…ยฃ10 per night for two..different to yours it will be much better ๐Ÿ˜€ happy days…enjoy your training day..

Jean x

HH The witches look a very good team this year,you should go and watch them.I don’t like cussions but no doubt will end up with some.Just has my cobs๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘…so bowling now.

Dave, I have yet to meet a man who likes cushions!
    Jean, I think I might have blown the good weigh in with the HB chocolate teapot! BTW your Goa adventure sounds wonderful!
    HH, yes, Jodie goes everywhere with us. For the last three years we have had a long road trip, France, Spain, Portugal and back in a sort of circle. She loves it and is so easy. Hence we never fly anywhere. That time will come, although I always say I would rather Jodie live for ever. It is not a sacrifice, although New Zealand calls.
    Anyway hope all the fasters are doing well, brilliant Jean for just the 2lb gain, gone in a flash. I am doing fine today, have just had lots of baked beans!

That’s a great result Jean considering I put 1.25 stone on in Lanzarote.And probably will repeat it in Cyprus.Just back from bowling,I played a lady called Irene,I played her the first time I came and she beat me 10-1 she beat me again but this time 21-19 so I am improving.

My cheque came this afternoon from Tui, compensation for delayed flight.ยฃ691:68๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I am glad it was delayed now๐Ÿ˜„.Lemon chicken and Jersey potatoes for tea,fast day Wednesday and Thursday.The only downside of my cheque is it’s too much to pay in using my phone so I have to go to nearest bank about 5 miles away๐Ÿ˜ฌ. Every bank where I live has been shut down ๐Ÿ˜ .

Dave- 5 miles is good! Our nearest bank is 3 times that & traffic a pain! Well done with the bowling! Might go & warch the speedway once…
    Mel- I like the sound of a chocolate teapot! Nice to be able to take Jodie with you- oyr Xena is awful in the car! Have asked the dog trainer today, he’s given us a few suggestions…
    Jean- you’ve had some great holidays!
    Xena was a bit spaced out at trainibg, she did okay because she couldn’t really be bothered! The others wouldn’t stay but she laid down & was quite happy-hope she’s a little livelier for tonight! Done lots of cleanibg as well as sticking to the 800 cals so feeling virtuous, although could all go horribly wrong this evening…

Evening All..
    The weather is awful really heavy rain, we all went got wet through and got dried down in the garage were all our coats are hanging ….Charlie has a staring glazed look thinking and looking out the windows..forests I think..bless..heโ€™s missing the caravan…

We have cut back a lot today on food..more protein for me…holding well knocking on the carbs..Steve isn’t with me on no carbs…

Dave..
    Did you enjoy your cobs?..well done on the holiday cheque, a nice amount for your next holiday er or cushions ๐Ÿ˜‚…

Mel..
    Your trip sounded lovely, we might consider it another year to France…we have only had Charlie nearly 5 months, heโ€™s 3 1/2, Dalmatian..his owner died and her hubby was ill too so he couldnโ€™t cope, we collected him from Glasgow …so a learning kerb for us.

Hedgehog..
    We have been lucky to have had lots of holidays been most places we want to see….make the most of it while you are fit…health is now letting us down as you know.
    Hoping your training goes better this evening…if sheโ€™s had a snooze she will be ok…bought a book on my kindle for recall training, we need a bit of help ๐Ÿ˜‚

Keep strong everyone..

Jean x

Hello friends

Need to lose 3 stone by Sunday to hit goal. Hmm. Maybe I need to reset my expectations.

Iโ€™m at the military stage of planning for big holiday. All the beds were changed following visitors at the weekend. Birthday presents for occasions whilst we are away bought, wrapped and delivered to responsible adult, washing and ironing tonight so only last bits to do by Friday. Housework tomorrow night, collect currency extra dog food, food for when we return, hair appointment and nails Thursday, leaving the packing etc for Friday, beating in mind thereโ€™s 3 separate locations all needing different stuff. Friend coming to house-sit and strongly tempted to tell her the oven is broken so I donโ€™t have to clean that too. Meanwhile work work is conspiring against allowing me the evenings to get it all done and the swirl of golden retriever ever present no matter how deep I hoover. Saturday before we leave at 7 am will include watering the plants, changing the beds, clearing the fridge, emptying the bins and dropping the dog off.

H is already in holiday mode and finds jobs to do like sorting his record collection – that well known job that needs doing just the week of holidays. How can I politely suggest cleaning the bathrooms might be a bigger priority.

By the time I get all that done I may have lost 3 stone

CW

I am walking like a zombie today after yesterday’s exercising and bowling today,hope I am ok for exercising tomorrow.I would lie down on the sofa but Denise would shout at me,”you’ll break the arms”I got the two seater,she is using the three seater.

Cakey..
    What a military operation, only you could do it…always so busy…Thursday seems the best day, take a small bottle of wine with you ( or big!) and start your holiday…enjoy your holiday you really deserve it…..roll on Saturday 7 am..

Come back and join us all at loosing holiday weight!!..๐Ÿ˜‚

Dave..
    What went wrong there two seater and a three seater…we got two three seaters!!..then Charlie so I squash on with him ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿถ

All good here no eating..

Jean x

Small house, Denise will skin Heidi if she gets on the new sofa๐Ÿ˜„.The first dog we had was never allowed on the sofa,I used to pick him up and out him on, when he could hear Denise coming he would fight like mad to get off before she seen him๐Ÿ˜„.I will check next time we go out using the camera in the living room ๐Ÿ˜†

Cakey- big hug for you…getting ready isn’t easy! Of course hubby must sort records before you go, vvv important job to do! Hope you get it all done, & what doesn’t shouldn’t really matter in the scheme of things- have an amazing birthday & see if you can beat Dave’s holiday weight gain record!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Jean- poor Charlie, must be a shock being back home & no forests…
    Dave- hope the new sofa is comfy, poor Heidi relegated to the floor ๐Ÿ˜ž
    Mel- finished the tea pot yet?! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Xena did okay at training, a bit distracted by bits of food dropped by other owners/ dogs! She got very soppy with the dog next to us again, a big collie cross called Foggy, kept rolling over to get his attention!
    Enough calories left for 2 squares of dark chocolate when we got home…that’s it now until tomorrow lunchtime ๐Ÿ˜ž

Heidi has got a nice comfortable bed on the floor,I just hid her chews but her nose is still very good,she found them all.

Morning All…
    Very warm again tied my fleece around me…early walk meeting different dogs…

Away at 9 am ..worried but I hope all is well…

Dave..
    I would say no dogs on sofas …but Charlie does, Steve says we are a part of his pack…he is allowed more than my children were ever allowed, so they keep reminding me..๐Ÿ˜‚..must admit my second sofa is a bit tight but just ok…our house is small, fine for two people and Charlie..we never get many visitors these days…

Hedgehog..
    Xena having a sassy moment..is she in love with Foggy….hope you enjoyed your chocolate…

Cakey..
    Hope all your military plan is on target…

Mel, Minols, Kay…hope you are all ok..

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 22,151 through 22,200 (of 35,427 total)

You must be logged in to reply.