Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,947 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,101 through 22,150 (of 35,434 total)

• Morning All..
    Just waking up.. we haven’t planned our day yet.. I think a Charlie bath will be on the cards.. he stinks..how we will do it is another question, he will be on my shampoo, a few buckets will be needed!!

Cakey..
    A size 12 that’s very good and your pound off too..your running and exercise altering your shape…brilliant..getting comfy in all your summer clothes.
    It’s lovely your happy band is growing always nice to have company..

Enjoy your extra day off…

Speak later

Jean x

HI all

I always forget how completely intense General Assembly is – I didn’t even manage to keepup with post…so sorry! Just scanned, and noticed CW is doing really well with C25K, and now a size 12! Wahey!!!

I am NOT a size 12, but I am enjoying the ‘running’ (‘Call that running’ says the boy!) I’ve finished week 3, but because I didn’t get out very much last week, I think I’ll do the last run of week 3 again.

I was good-ish last week…but we all know that never does me any real good. Haven’t been on the scales, but I have had a couple of shocking summer dress moments now I’ve hauled everything out again. I’m biting the bullet and putting a whole load of things that weren’t worn last summer either to the charity shops. I’ve got some comfy things that will see me through an average northern summer (ie great with cardies and leggings), and if by some miracle I wake up thin one morning, I’ve still got a couple of more formal things, and it will jsut give me the excuse I long for to go out and shop if we have a stunning summer like last year. I always reckon that buying summer clothes is a bit of a con, anyway, because nothing ever actually gets worn out…because it never gets worn!

So today I have an office catch up day (local authority decided it should be a school day as normal, and it should be a bank holiday next week?!), and I’ve only got a couple of apples with me. The OH is off, so will cook – probably curry – tonight, and I’m really hoping that that will be all I have…typed through gritted teeth. I really need to achieve a controlled day so I know I can still do it!

Jean – when it comes to ticks – do you favour the ‘fork’ or the hoop method?!

Mx

Afternoon!
    Cakey- well done you with the running, great that you can notice your shape change! Just in time for your holiday!
    Keep strong…
    Minols- well done to you with your running too! Hope you get lots done in the office. Good idea to have a clear out, & hope that the incentive of a new wardrobe will encourage you! Not tempted to have a sneaky day off with OH then?
    Jean- hope Charlie is washed & smelling lovely now! Have a good day & some good walks…
    Dave- did you enjoy the F1?
    Missing you Kay, busy with work?
    I am not doing any exercise other than being able to walk Xena a bit further, but I have saved lots of exercise suggestions to my Pinterest so that nearly counts!
    Had a lazy start now Xena is happy to have a lie-in, had a good walk & then a bit in the garden. Now off to take mum to a garden centre; she can get some more plants now as her shed has been taken away by a neighbour…keeping her busy, but she’s obsessed!

F1 was very good and the Speedway Tod even better.Fast day today,so far two weight watchers biscuits and two cups of tea could even be a 600 calories today.time to take Heidi out.

Afternoon All…
    We have had a busy 6 hours or so…. called at Sizewell beach this morning but the sand dunes seemed better for Charlie, not really a beach dog…. wonderful cafe ( thanks Hedgehog) , toasties, cake and coffee..
    Then a walk around Aldeburgh.. then back to a forest we found yesterday, loads of fir cones which I collected, the others I found before I decided to throw away these were much better.

Charlie has had his bath, used nearly 40 litres of water!! Still smells wet but should be better when he dries.

Minols..
    For the ticks we bought two tick forks small and large, twisted it clockwise and it came out.
    Hope you have some summer clothes to keep.. like you say you seem to keep them for ages, well I do as you don’t wear them much.. we are in shorts now till September.. I do try and make a effort sometimes but this dog walking lark, dog walking clothes covered in hairs😂.. I am nearly a Dalmatian!

Hedgehog..
    I feel the need of some exercise sessions.. I have to get my mind around it when back..a few more protein breakfasts.. it’s so hard while away eating what’s just here. Hope your prickle heat rash has calmed down, weather not so good today..

Hope mum has got her plants and she can plant herself.

Dave..
    Well done fasting on a bank holiday..

Both boys asleep, Steves snoring he is disturbing Charlie.. Charlie is grumbling 😂

Cold chicken tonight ..easy.. with salad ..

Jean x

Jean every day is a bank holiday when your retired 😁. Still food free but getting peckish now.Waiting for news of my new car,I have paid for it so just needs collecting.

Had a good time with mum at the garden centre; filled my poor car right up with plants, but when we arranged them back home it still looks really bare, another trip (or 3!) needed! The soil is awful, son is getting her lots of bags of compost on offer from Co-op, she can have fun digging it all in before planting…took Xena for a long walk while hubby was out, she has suddenly discovered the joy of chasing squirrels & pheasants so she had fun!
    Jean- glad you enjoyed the cafe!
    Dave- well done with your FD, stay strong this evening! Hope you get the new car soon!

Morning all!
    Going back to fast800 after a weekend off, before I forget how to! 2 lots of dog training so will be busy!

HI all

Busy-ish today but with lots of variety! And in the middle of the day I’m getting a massage to get rid of all the kinks in my back from too much sitting in a confined space last week.

No breakfast, apples for lunch and then beef olives tonight. Just need to stay away from the biscuits…the lady who potters around the place very kindly filled up the tub with custard creams, she told me last night. A sort of ‘welcome home’ gesture, I think. But you know my weaknesses!

Jean – we use the fork too…brilliant! Can’t imagine how any of the other things work. He has such a thick coat that it’s a good job I pet him so much in all the popular tick places, otherwise we’d never know!

Mx

Food day today 😁, depending on the weather I might go bowling later so long has it doesn’t rain.No news about my car yet.Shopping to be done too.

Morning All…
    Warm but rain about…Steves gone to a Honda motorbike museum he will be gone for a couple of hours..

I did a Charlie walk just got back as the rain was starting.. he decided to walk around the site and not come back.. he was in big trouble, the same early this morning no fun in PJs..a telling off and bed for 10 mins..first time in ages…it must be 8 weeks since we had a ‘do’…

Dave..
    I agree every day the same.. I never know what day it is I usually work around the fasting days to work it out 😂.. I then sometimes mess the Monday and Thursday around.. dementia springs to mind!

Hedgehog..
    What a lot of plants…3 more lots to get, it will keep her busy for a while.. hoping she knows what plants she wants..I have no idea on plants, so no help from me ..

Enjoy your training sessions ..after this morning I despair..you think it’s going well then Charlie pushes it.. alpha I think..

Minols…
    Oh No custard creams.. I would race you to the tin if I were there.. my little cockatiel loved them too, when she was very ill I nursed her back to health with custard creams it was the only thing she would eat.. not good I know but the vet said better than nothing..she was a little love…

Enjoy your massage hope it helps your aches and pains..

Pouring with rain now so just managed the walk in time..

A few jobs to do and then start a new book..

Jean x

Your custard cream’s would be safe with me,I don’t eat that many biscuits but they are one I don’t like,daft really because I like biscuit and custard but not the biscuits.No rain so I will take Heidi out then go bowling.Not had any food yet so will see what happens later.

Minols- stay strong & enjoy the massage!
    Dave- have fun bowlibg if it stays dry…
    Jean- naughty Charlie again! I think he’s doing brilliantly considering how long you’ve had him! Hope Steve likes the museum!
    Dog training was funny; not so many this week, the other 2 dogs were quite naughty, Xena was the best of the group, but she had her moments too, kept going to see the other owners when they called their dogs! Hubby swapped dogs for a bit & acquired a border collie, Xena went to Moss’s dad!
    Dropped off the compost for mum- she’d already started planting, she can’t wait even a day! Hope the plants don’t all die as the soil was terrible…

I went bowling and as I was walking towards the green a woman was talking to another man,she said there is a gentleman coming who will have a game with you,he is a good player,so I stopped and looked behind me.It was me she was talking about 😁.So we had a game,I told him I had only played once in fifty years,he used to play for a team but hadn’t played for or a while.We had a good game and a good chat,very close game so I was happy with that,last week I was rubbish.Said we could play again next week.Not had anything to eat so it may qualify as a fast day, depends what I have later.

Came down early for a meeting…seriously tempted by the custard creams…but just in time, I came on here and got encouragement – thank you everyone.

And now I hear someone coming in…I’m safe!

Mx

Knees aching but not as bad as last week 😃.I had thin sausages,bacon and tomatoes,plus two eggs,so not worked out how many calories but a low day.

Evening All..
    Charlie has had a hell of a day.. very naughty on recall.. no idea why..started last night and most of today..hope he is better tomorrow still he will have to have his harness on so it’s back to tight control sort of.

Hedgehog..
    At least training went well and Xena was very good…swapping sounded a bit of fun and hard to do..

Dave.,
    Well done on the game hope you are not too sore tomorrow..

Minols..
    You have been really good on the custard creams 😇😇..saved by the bell..

Moving on tomorrow we have enjoyed Suffolk.. Peterborough next by a lake/country park.. tell you more tomorrow can’t quite remember it..😂

Jean x

Hello all

Safe travels to your new site Jean. Naughty Charlie, maybe he caught the scent of something that’s made him all giddy? See if he’s better in the new place.

You sound like a pro at the bowling Dave!

Well done on the custard creams Minols. Saved in the nick of time. They aren’t worth the calories, I can resist them unless there’s nothing else sweet to have with a cup of tea.

Sounds like your mum is putting all her energies into the garden. Hope she’s ok Hedgehogs? Xena sounds like she’s great at the training, you can tell you have so much patience with her. Ours is tired after being at work with H today.

Been for a run with the girls and dodged the showers. Showers good for my plants but tends to encourage the slugs.

Have a good evenings

CW

It was good to beat someone who has played for a bowling team.21-19 so it was a close game.A good way to go before I would consider playing for a team so much practice is needed.

Dave- well done with the bowling! You’re obviously a natural! Well done with the low/ FD too!
    Minols- custard cream resistance- 😇 ⭐!
    Cakey-you’re brilliant doing the running with the long work days you have! Does the woof come with you often? We are quite worried about mum, she is getting obsessed with being out in the garden,she says it helps her forget for a while which is understandable,but I don’t know what she’ll do when she runs out of things to do, it’s only a titchy garden!
    Jean- sounds like Charlie is trying it on, pushing the boundaries! Hope he’s better tomorrow…I think Charlie has had a word with Xena too- she won’t eat her food unless I put something with it!
    Hoopers went well apart from her running to see Nick before she started each time! He got her going through the tunnel too, she was a bit scared of it but he ‘helped’ her through! I was worried as all the others were running about, not me at all, lol!, but apparently you’re not supposed to, not like agility, you stand in the middle & direct the dog, great for me!😉
    Couldn’t be bothered to do myself dinner when we got back so just had my keto chocolate! Under 800cals so okay!

Fast day today and exercising 😮.It’s cloudy and not very warm so I will take Heidi out before the rain comes hope you’re all having a good day.

Just getting a good morning in!
    I have to confession to make- son worked til late, had to cook him dinner, couldn’t resist something to eat…so went right over the 800 cals! I am in the naughty corner! 😢 Won’t eat til tonight to avoid being tempted, hopefully will be more successful today!
    Have a good day everyone!

Consider your hand smacked, naughty HH😁.I am doing ok at the moment, I am having sea bass tonight,not sure how many calories are in that.Just got a video doorbell so got to put it up when I can find my screwdriver 😜

Not too many calories in the sea bass, Dave,although more than some other fish. Hope you get the doorbell sorted, Mum’s neighbours have the same sort, hers rings when next door’s does!
    Am putting off starting making cake decorations, a unicorn & rainbow, will be all right when I get going but the thought of getting everything out puts me off! Must get a grip!

Afterward All..

Settled in at next site Ferry Meadows Country Park..very busy as children off school..Charlie so excited we more or less had to go for his walk..a bit further than we thought but very nice.
    Loads of different walks, lakes and rivers.. steam train too. They have free motorised scooters too.. Steves thinking about getting one.

Going out for food really down on everything..

Dave..
    Enjoy your sea bass.. Steve has had it when on holiday he says it’s very nice..

Hedgehog..
    Always busy.. sounds a difficult cake hope your motivation kicks in..once you start you will be ok.

Keep strong on your 800 cal day 🤞🏻

Can you put your cookie recipe on here .. please 😁

To shops now !

Jean x

Sea bass going on now,backup will be beans on toast 😁 Heidi hoping I don’t like it😁😀.The fact it has skin on puts me off a little but will give it a try.

I pick the car up tomorrow afternoon,five days free insurance sorted out so will get in touch with my insurance tomorrow when I have it home.Sea bass in a dish for Heidi,way too fishey for my liking,so had beans on toast.Will have lamb steaks tomorrow to make amends.The secretary of the bowling club just rang me and said I could play for the team on Wednesday or Friday but I said no,not played enough to play for a team.

Dave- funny you didn’t like the sea bass, I think it has a really mild flavour! I bet Heidi liked it! Be brave, join the bowling team next time, you’re obviously good!
    Jean- hope Charlie is better behaved at the new site, lots of children for him to run off & play with!!
    Have been good with food today, & got on well with the cake decorations, made 3 unicorns & the rainbow.
    Mum is getting worked up about Dad’s birthday- would’ve been next Monday- & has invited my aunt up to stay, which is fair enough but then she’s fussing about us having them over for dinner & when she can do shopping, we are trying to be firm, & making her sort things herself. Poor sis feels bad as well though…she wants us all to go out for lunch together…

HH too me it has a strong taste compared to cod or haddock.I know I am definitely not good enough to play bowls for the team,at least not at the moment.I will continue to practice and who knows maybe next year I will play.

Has anybody tried the new Cadburys dark chocolate? Keep seeing the advert 😋😋😋.

Dave- it’s really good! My son bought some to try so just had one square…that was hard! Hope you get the car sorted okay today!
    Jean- hope you enjoy the new site!
    Minols, Cakey, Kay- hope you’re all okay…
    Glorious day here, supposed to be warm! Cakes to bake today, ready to decorate tomorrow 🎂

Jean- the recipe for the shortbreads is 4oz plain flour, 1oz caster sugar, 3oz butter. I did 1.5x the recipe, then I added in maybe 8 squares of mixed plain & milk chocolate, chopped up, not cooking chocolate. You sift the flour & sugar, cut the butter up small & rub it in, it should all come together to a dough, then add in the choc chips. I chilled it for 20 mins, then rolled it out quite thick between 2 sheets of baking paper, it made about a dozen biscuits. Bake on greased tray 10-15 mins. Try not to eat all at once…
    Dave- enjoy the cricket later!

Wet and cold here, more like winter.Had cereal for breakfast in rediness for picking the car up later,just got to sort out a few documents.

Dave- hope you’ve got it all done okay!
    Jean- is the weather good for you?
    Had a good walk with Xena to the park, she had a run round with 2 labs although they were more amorous than playful! Then met an elderly gentleman with his carer, she was so gentle around him! But she had a traumatic time when we went out; the window cleaner came, & she gets really scared of him, she was obviously so scared she weed all over the floor 😢
    She’s really jumpy now too…

Got the car.All good, next job get in touch with my insurance.I got a quick demo of most of the buttons in the car,pairs my phone,he said Spotify is on the car screen,not found it yet or the cruise control.Must have a good read of the instructions.

Hi everyone,
    Just a quick post as all to do but just wanted to join while my nerve is up. Why am I nervous!?
    Been following your merry band for a while and it seems unfair to just lurk and read. I started Fast800 a week ago after doing 5:2 a few years ago. (Can’t remember why I stopped – life got in the way I suppose). Anyway back with a vengeance. Turned 62 earlier this month and feeling I must get back on track. I need to lose 2 stone, but 2 1/2 would be better. The older I get the more the weight weighs on me and I want to be fit to enjoy our long walks and life in general as we get older. My husband is slim and fit and deserves a wife to match!

Evening All..

Forgot to post 😬

A lovely day quite hot 24 degrees but cloudy .. sat outside having a relaxing day.. a couple of good walks with the boy.. he’s been sat outside watching the world go by.. a bit different to our quiet sites.. very busy with lots of children, all coming to say hello and stroking him..struggling to read 😂

We have had to go out and buy more dog kibble.. found his usual so good.. I had a £10 voucher off so very very good..

Hedgehog..
    Thanks for the recipe.. give it a try 😬.. hoping to try more protein when home so may cook them at a later date 🤞🏻

We had a lot of dog playing this afternoon run a bit of energy off glad Xena did the same.. no love at this end for a change..😂

Hope Mum doesn’t get to upset on your dads birthday, she will find it hard.

Dave.,
    Lovely to get the car.. lots of boys toys to play with..

Jean x

Hello MelFish and welcome,you have nothing to be nervous about on here.Keep coming on posting,it does help you lose weight 😃.I lost half a stone last week but the two weeks before in Lanzarote I gained 1.25 stone😯😯 so hopefully I will have lost again tomorrow when I get in the scales.

Just changed my car insurance without calling them,did it all on the app, brilliant,it actually cost £27 less😁they charged me £20 administration fee and are refunding me £7😁😁😁

Melfish..
    Welcome, sorry I missed your post…come and join us, posting every day helps a lot and get to know us all too..a few people are doing 800 at the moment so they can help you in that direction…

I am on the last few days of my holiday and we (hubby) have definitely got some weight to loose, back home Monday and fasting on our travelling day..

Dave..
    Glad all sorted with the car and cheaper insurance is a bonus ..

Night everyone
    Jean x

Morning All..
    A beautiful start to the day.. I am up early everyone else all asleep 💤💤after the first few days of holiday of getting up at 5.30, Charlie is now sleeping in.. he gets a dig at about 8 as I have no where sit 😂 with grumps! No sleeping with me sharing squashy places, more settled now.. a different carry on when we get back home!!..wanting early pees so he comes back to our bed.

We have ordered a motorised scooter for Steve at 10 am so we can walk further, the park is lovely but so very large ..free so why not..give it a try.

Have a good day..

Jean x

Morning all
    Not so lovely up here, Jean. Grey and damp, and it’s been dreadful the last couple of days. The boy goes on Cub Camp tonight – under canvas!

Hi Melfish – nice to have you on board. I’m needing to lose a couple of stone too, but of an age when it’s really hard…not helped by a crisis of will power, it seems. So happy to chum you along!

Tomorrow is the start of June, so planning a no biscuit, no sweets clamp down for the month.

Must dash – 50 children have just arrived for a visit!

Mx

Hi Jean and Dave
    Thanks for the welcome! Fast800 day today and until next Wednesday when we go to Wales. Staying on a smallholding with friends and red wine will loom large! Wine is my downfall and the reason I haven’t lost weight in the past. It’s funny, I have been at this weight, edge of obese (hate that word!) for a few years now and don’t seem to go any higher, even on holiday I only seem to put on 2lb. But getting lower, forget it. Wanted to say, another reason I liked this site, is the dog talk! My Jodie is 9 now but still very fit and active. I know Mr M is not a fan but I love my Fitbit. Been wearing it for two and a half years now and it does make me more aware of when I am getting lazy.
    Jean, enjoy the park, I know the area as we are in Lincolnshire.
    Will stop rabbiting on now!
    Mel

Sorry Minols,
    Our posts crossed. Yes, it was all so easy in my twenties, forty years later so much harder. Trouble is we are away such a lot. Plan is to do ADF when we are at home and stay stable when we are away. Time will tell!
    Mel

Good to see you back MelFish,I have lost 3lbs this week so moving in the right direction.Shopping now,a chance to try the new car out,was up until 1-00am watching YouTube videos about my car,found out where the cruise control is and speed limiter.Got to set the tyre pressure monitor next🤓 that should be interesting.

Dave – new cars are so wonderful…and so tricky! Especially now as everything is so supposed to be ‘intuitive’ – ie they can’t be bothered to write a decent instruction manual!
    Can’t bear too many gadgets (don’t have the money for that kind of car, anyway), so love my new wee Toyota Aygo – seems to have exactly the gadgets I need and no more! OH’s works car drives me nuts…too many gadgets that supposedly ‘aid’ me – distract and frustrate me more like. Oh I could rant for ever! Love the old bangers OH does up because they predate gadgets…the boy loves the one that even pre-dates seatbelts. Hasn’t been out for a few years, but he remembers when he was little sliding across the back bench as we took corner after corner on zig zaggy country roads! Lots of fun!

Mx

Still working on the keyless entry,I have bought a Faraday key fob so I don’t get scanned,it’s not a key really just a plastic square with buttons on it,maybe there is a key inside.There should be a dash cam but it’s not in it so I have to go back when one comes in to have it put in.Shopping time,hope all the cobs haven’t gone 😄

Oops, now afternoon all!
    Melfish- hi & welcome! Hope you can get settled into the 800 before you go away again! Going away lots doesn’t help! What sort of dog is your Jodie?
    Dave- well done to you, amother 3lbs! ⭐
    Hope you get everything sorted with the car, I’m on Minols’ side with that, don’t go near the cruise control on hubbys car! Enjoy the cobs!
    Jean- will be nice for you & Steve to be able to go further when he has the scooter- bet it’ll make him feel old though! Hope he’s better at steering it than my aunt- when she hired one they stopped at a cafe, she tried to turn it but bummped into someone & they spilt soup all over themselves!! 😱
    Minols- how many children coming?! I hope that’s at Church not round to play lol! Have fun & have a peaceful evening with no son about!
    Mum came over for dinner last night so no time for posting, then we were up early as youngest has a puncture but on an early shift, ugh, 5am! Took Xena to the beach but it was already pretty hot (sorry Minols!); I went in for a paddle to try & tempt her in but she wasn’t having it! Have then made friend’s cake, doesn’t look too bad! One unicorn’s head fell off so have had to do emergency repairs before it went on the cake!
    Eating hasn’t been good today, oops! And helping with friend’s party tomorrow, who knows what I’ll get tempted by there…

Afternoon All..
    A lovely walk this morning., ended up going around the same lake twice 😂.. we got lost… 10.000 steps walked, Steve on his mobility scooter.. he said he enjoyed his ‘walk’.. naughty Charlie chasing ducks in the lake was wet through with a smack on his bum !! for not listening he had his ‘ head’ on!

Been shopping all done now till we get home..lazy afternoon sitting outside reading.. hoping all the children keep away, Charlie is sleeping inside so may be ok. We stopped off for coffee at the cafe we had 5 children around us stroking him, 3 different ladies and 4 different men stopped by..he’s a magnet!

Minols..
    Hope the boy gets better weather under canvas.. I am sure he will enjoy it any way..

I will join you on no Cakes and alcohol for June but from Monday .. I will be trying to go 800 cals too.. we have gone back to our old ways this holidays.. cold turkey springs to mind!

Mel..
    We live in Yorkshire near Selby .. moving on tomorrow to Clumber Park last two nights ( touring caravan) Charlie’s last run in the forest.

Red wine is my naughty too..keep strong you will get there..

I love my Fitbit it’s my third.. I have another new one in the drawer, I lost my third re bought and then found it 😬.. it keeps me moving, they are not spot on but they do move you..

Dave ..
    Well done on the 3 lbs off I hope my weight moves quick when back..like yours..
    Glad you are happy with the car..

Hedgehog…
    Have you finished your cake.. busy today?

Cakey and Kay hope you are all ok.

We are moving tomorrow no WiFi or phone so catch you all Monday when home.. feel as if we have been away ages it will be nice to get back to grass cutting and car washing and the rest..😂

Jean x

Hedgehog… hi crossed posts…Steve managed quite well.. a wobble on a side slope..😂.. he’s been watching someone on an electric bike, he’s having a think on that one…not quite disabled looking .

A young boy has just come to talk to Charlie.. kicked a pint of beer and my red wine over!.. only had a sip !!

Cake all finished well done..keep strong at the party..too much temptation..

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 22,101 through 22,150 (of 35,434 total)

You must be logged in to reply.