Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,941 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 46 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,351 through 17,400 (of 35,428 total)

• Hope your soon on the mend Jean, its another sunny day here so looking good for summer.Up early for me, will have a cuppa and take doggie out for a walk.

Morning all. I’m fasting with you, Jean. But because I had such a light day yesterday I actually had breakfast… A yummy light omelette. I love it when I start with protein – it takes you so far into the day. And I still have enough cals for salad tonight.

Only going to succumb to coffee in the big city – No baking allowed!

Mx

Morning all, half sun half cloud here but seems to be brightening up.

I wish I liked omelettes, they seem so quick and easy. Maybe I’ll try them again incase my taste has changed. From what I remember it was the texture that bothered me more than anything.

Just got into the office. A dull day stretches ahead.

Morning! My first post seems to have gone awol!
    Got disturbed last night & couldn’t get back to sleep (son worries!), got up at 3am, so not feeling very bright today… feel quite drained so decided to have an eating day & fast tomorrow.
    Jean- take it easy, don’t overdo it if your stomach’s still sore… I’m sure the weight will disappear when you’re back to normal.
    Dave- shame about the speedway, did the broadband come on in time for the hockey?
    Minols- have a good day & stay strong!
    Pseudo- not long til you have a few days off!!
    Hope everyone else is okay- back to cleaning for me, the place looks a tip! And H-S family this afternoon, stuck indoors with curtains closed instead of being in the sun! I keep trying to get Mum to go to the park with the little boy but she’s not having it!!

Ha, I just got invited to yoga on the beach this evening. 😀

HH, what is home start exactly? Families who need a bit of help coping?

I went to bed, broadband was down, solved the problem though, my son had put his boots on the cable and loosened it 😉 back on now.It seems strange not getting my neighbours shopping order.

Good morning. I had a miserable FD yesterday. I spent the day feeling very sorry for myself. I had planned to go swimming but just couldn’t motivate myself to do it. I did get myself out for a walk but it’s just the thought of putting that swimming costume on and knowing how I look in it. Purely a vanity thing I know! I know the weight loss is going to take time and I need to be patient but it’s as if now I’ve decided to do it, I just want it to happen fast. Yesterday was a bad day. I did stick to fasting but just felt miserable and sluggish about it.
    I’m just about to go out for a walk to clear my head and hopefully make myself feel more upbeat about it all.
    I’m off to a Sparks gig tonight so that’s something to look forward to. 🙂
    Just needed to let off a bit of steam. Sorry to be a misery!

It’s funny how some days fasting is easy and other days it seems really tough. But well done Caz, you stuck to it, which is the main thing and shows real willpower when it’s the last thing in the world you want to do. I haven’t been out in a bathing suit for years, the idea of everyone seeing my wobbly bits makes me cringe.

Afternoon All..

No hat bought the fit wasn’t right…it was blue and it suited him but expensive..it had to be right.. we have come back home as I feel terrible so no shoes looked at…

10 degrees outside and I feel cold..CH on Steve doesn’t know this yet..he can go play in the garage..

We are still fasting but I don’t feel like eating…bought some yakcult drinks see if it will give me some good bacteria …

Minols..
    I can’t get it out my head not to have breakfast, so drummed into me over the years…a good choice on the omelette…have a good day in the city..

Pseu..
    Hope it’s a quick busy day for you..enjoy the yoga on the beach sounds really lovely…

Hedgehog…
    Have a good day cleaning, I should be doing jobs….hope you get out side with the HS family..

Caz…
    Feel strong and go swimming..all shapes and sizes no one sees you in the water…go and enjoy it…..enjoy your walk…

Lazy day for me…keep strong fasters…

Jean x

Hi all. Heading home so I’m at the school gate in time.

So impressed you stuck with it yesterday, caz.

Pseu – I don’t like eggs so resisted omelette for years. But I love cheese so OH started. Making them at weekends with tonnes of cheese and chorizo for me. Now I make them the FD recipe way… 2 eggs, lots of pepper, a knob of parmesan and some chorizo.. And always cook them thoroughly. Love them now!

Jean – worried you’re still under par. Take it easy and snuggle up warm this afternoon.

Mx

Wearing black jeans has made today unbearably hot. Struggling in the office with all the windows open. Struggling in the garden. I’d be enjoying it if only I was wearing shorts.

Caz don’t worry about size,I don’t, when I jump in the water comes out. I am already the largest and you all look the same once in the water.

Going out tomorrow, it was a toss up between Holmfirth and Bury market, so going to Bury mkt on the tram so no driving.Will go to Holmfirth maybe next week.

Hello
    Pseudo – beach yoga sounds amazing. My yoga studio has a huge lovely outdoor garden, but it’s only a couple of times of year we manage to get out. I love doing yoga outside – it feels quite different.

Well done Caz for staying strong, hope you feel better about things today. If you have a tough day try postingin here – there are usually one or two of us lurking about for moral support.

Love omelette but don’t have them very often. Fried food is off the list. Does it count as fried if I use olive oil or coconut oil. Or does anyone have a clever pan they can recommend that doesn’t need oil.

Inpromptu B2B, I wasn’t planning on it but in resisting the foods on my restricted list and whilst travelling I’ve ended up having just 300 calories via a vegan bar and some fruit. Question is do I call that my two fast days or fast again on Thursday as planned. Hmm.

Sounds like you’re not quite over your bug Jean, hope you feel better after good night sleep.

Hope you got to the park Hedgehogs and some Vit D. We don’t get enough sunny days.

My trials by train seem to be getting worse. My train home from Birm cancelled. Ticket valid on the next one. But of course I haven’t got a seat and the train is packed. I’ve been up since 5 and won’t get home until 9. Makes it a long day. I’m hoping that standing on the train counts as exercise for a strong core?

CW

Caz- you did well yesterday, great that you stuck with it. As others have said, come on here if you’re struggling, the support helps… I sneak into the pool with towel round me, leave it on the side & scurry to the water quick, that’s the best technique!
    Caket- you’ve done well, hope you stay strong on the train on the way home, you’re on a roll again! I don’t use much oil for omelettes, only got a tefal pan.
    Pseudo- wore black cut off jeans on a hot day out recently- my legs were burning! No fun stuck in the office… any ill effects from the run yesterday? Hope you make it to the beach yoga, that sounds great!
    Jean- maybe a day in tomorrow to try & get over the bug, lots of rest?
    Dave – have a nice day out tomorrow! Take your mind off missing your neighbour… glad the wife’s sorted!
    Minols- did you make it a 2nd FD?
    I’ve felt better for eating today, although very achy tonight for some reason!
    No park for me (Pseudo- yes H-S is helping out families with young children who need extra support. Current family have children with special needs), but did get on in the garden for a bit, & sat outside when I got home- youngest was very chatty tonight & wanted company, his hours have changed at work so he was at a loose end! Exams not going great either! One more to do…
    I’ll be fasting tomorrow, so will take the baton! (as long as I don’t wake at 3am again!)

Didn’t get to yoga – because I wasn’t aware of it until half way through the day I didn’t take my exercise clothes to work with me and by the time I get home there wasn’t enough time to get changed and get down the beach. Now I know it’s on every Tuesday (weather permitting) I can be prepared next week. 🙂

CW – If I was out that many hours and dealing with travelling and train issues every week I think I’d lose the plot! I only ever fry with olive oil, though this weekend I tried coconut oil too, so would have thought it would be fine to cook an omelette with? Is olive oil off your list?

HH – Hope you get a decent sleep, waking up and not being able to drop back off is a nightmare when you have to be out the next day.

Jean – I’m guessing you’re curled up in a ball sleeping, I hope you feel better soon!

I’m very tempted to go and make dinner. :S

30 Surprisingly High-Protein Foods: Our Favorite No Meat Protein-Rich Recipes

http://flip.it/N.VicX

Hello

Wish I could come with you to the beach yoga Pseudo. I can have olive oil so omelette might be a good option as can fill it with mushrooms perhaps.

I guess I’m used to the travelling, it’s not so bad now the girls are all grown up, it was harder when they were still at home. I enjoy the variety and I don’t even mind the travelling, just get very tired at times, especially when things dont go quite to plan.

CW

-W… I don’t useNy oil for an omelette. I put the chorizo in first and it releases just enough to stop anything from sticking.

Kitchen closed for the night!

Mx

Evening All…
    Laid all day with a hot water bottle…I feel 9 again…lol..I feel washed out and just ill…

Well it’s 4 days now…I have my new rule no tablets of any kind and let my body fight it…I have given up…fished out my Indian tablets for stomach upsets and sickness…I have had one of each and I shall have another two tomorrow when I have breakfast…I shall be better tomorrow 🤞..they are magic…

Minols..
    Hope you got back in time for the school gate…all this talk of omelettes..I put a dash of veg oil…..other oils can give a funny taste…

Pseu..
    Shame on the yoga it sounded so lovely…remember your kit for next week..how far away from the beach are you?

Cakey Wakey..
    What a long time to stand on a full train…hope you sat on the floor in a corner…

Hedgehog..
    I will be glad when all exams over…the stress it causes in the household..We have stayed with the fasting today…I had two boiled eggs…

Dave..
    Bury market is supposed to be good…Steve keeps promising me a visit…

Have a good evening..

Hope I am more with it tomorrow..

Jean x

Good for the best black pudding in England. Never been so it will be interesting especially going on the metrolink.

Morning All…
    Miserable day at the moment brightening up later I think…

Just had breakfast and my stomach tablets…see how I go…I wasn’t so bad yesterday morning and by lunch time It had returned….not so bad now see how I go….

Nothing planned for the day……we are going away Friday in the caravan so I will start gathering stuff together. Hoping I am better. Really large caravan rally….it was very good last year, 2,000 plus caravans….seeing a Queen tribute act on the Saturday, taking ear plugs it was too loud for me last time.

We are staying in Sledmere Village, a beautiful stately home and cafe on site, on their estate….hoping to see inside the house…Yorkshire section are holding it this year…we where at Sandringham Norfolk last year on the Queens Estate…

Have a good day everyone..hoping to have NFD with some eating….lol

Jean x

Good morning. Thank you to everybody for the encouraging words! What a great bunch of people you are 🙂

Jean – I really hope that your stomach settles today and you can enjoy your time away. It sounds like fun. I love to see tribute bands. Some of them are as good as (if not better!) than the originals.

CakeyWakey – Your traveling sounds like a nightmare to me. I don’t think I’d have the patience that you obviously have. Hopefully today will be better for you.

Pseudonym – Shame about the yoga, you sounded like you were looking forward to it. At least you now know it’s going on and can prepare for next week.

Went to Sparks gig last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I needed to get out just to take my mind off things. It certainly worked 🙂 Not sure what I’m doing with myself today. Weather isn’t too bad. A bit overcast but hopefully brightening up later on. Tomorrow is a FD for me. Let’s hope that I’m in a better mood than on Monday!

Thanks again for the great support and hope you all have a fun filled day 🙂

Morning all.

I caved last night and I’m not planning on fasting today – think I’m getting too much into the mini-holiday spirit to bother with it. Gloriously sunny today, but tomorrow, but I planning to go fossil hunting on the beach, it’s forecast heavy rain. Typical. I’m hoping the wind will change and the rain will be blown out over the Bristol Channel instead.

Had to go to the GP this morning about an iffy mole, but she’s assured me it’s fine so that’s a weight off my mind.

Hope that bug stays gone, Jean!

Caz….
    Never heard of Sparks Band..maybe it’s an age thing……glad it was a good night for you, and it took you to another place and you had a good time….we are fasting tomorrow so can keep each other company…..still I feel as if I have been fasting all week..😬

Trying to get moving, a bit sluggish..shower and hair wash…sorted a few holiday bits out for the end of the month…another pile growing for this weekend only shorts and trousers if chilly, make do and mend never seem to wear much other than a few tee shirts…it’s a scruffy break 😂

Pseu..
    Hope the weather holds for your fossel hunt…I like the sound of it…..holidays do get in the way of fasting, it’s do your best, line drawn when back the weight soon comes off…life is for living too….We will struggle when away visiting daughter, a lot of red wine gets cracked open and catch up time chatting….life’s precious you never get these moments back…just go and enjoy your holiday…fingers crossed for tomorrow 🤞

Jean x

Morning everyone!
    Pseudo- glad your mole’s nothing to worry about, they are a worry… Hope the forecast is wrong for you tomorrow! You’ve done well with fasting 3 days most week’s, so have a nice break!!
    Jean- hope your magic tablets work well, make sure you rest today to get over it completely. Last bug I had rumbled on for a bit- & that was 4 days before my friend’s wedding & I had her cake to make!! I was so worried I might still be infectious, but it was okay in the end! The caravan rally sounds busy, but fun!
    Caz- glad you enjoyed the concert last night!
    Dave- some of those recipes in the link looked good- are you going to try any? If you were going out today, hope you have a nice time!
    Minols- how was yesterday, did you survive B2B FDs?
    Computer trouble this morning, was on the go early to get organised & lots done, but keep finding silly little things to do, so not even started on the cake decorating I wanted to do, Mum popped in as well.
    Fasting going okay so far, feel much more lively than yesterday, but whether it’s a 36hr or longer remains to be seen!

It’s a big place this Bury market,much better than the Trafford centre. Will have put a few calories on though, just had a breakfast wrap,2sausages bacon egg and black pudding.

Afternoon All..
    Seem to be holding up…a bit tired but back to my chatty self….magic tablets 😀…we have had a cheese toastie out and half a chocolate muffin.

I went looking for sandals and got winter shoe/ boot…really pleased identical to what I have, my old ones need throwing away, they are so comfy..a big 😀..made my day….

Hedgehog..
    Hope you sorted the computer out..I got mine out the other day it did updates for 48 hours!!..keep strong see how far you go…lovely your Mum popped by…something I miss….

Dave..
    I really must get to see the Bury Market, Steve said they bring bus trips to see it…maybe bring the caravan and stay over…..glad it all went well…

Pseu..
    Good news on the mole..sometimes a worry, best to have it checked…

Jean x

Yes they do bus trips seen them advertising in the cafe’s. It was very good, lots of stuff there, clothing food all sorts.

Evening All….

Magic tablets seem to have worked feeling much better…Thankyou India…

I have not over eaten today seem to feel full fast but feel as if some food is flowing back in my body….we are now fasting into Thursday…so baton held high…Caz is with us…anyone else?

Weigh in Friday not really knowing what to expect..a funny week..go with the flow whatever it is…glad the bugs now gone and I need my energy to return…I have done some bits and pieces today, sitting down in between…we had a good walk around the shopping centre..

Lovely hot evening here..

Jean x

Jean- glad you’re on the mend! I’m sure once any water issues get sorted you’ll find you’ve lost a couple of pounds… I beginning to think you’re always hot, or is your weather always amazing? Turned chilly here, need a jumper on! (computer was doing updates for 2 hours- I thought that was bad enough!!)
    Dave- market sounds great, I hope Denise was able to walk round enough? I’m sure it was nice for her to get out.
    Hope everyone else is doing okay?
    Had one of those constantly making meals for everyone- late breakfast/ late lunch/ early dinner/ normal dinner & then a late dinner & after work snack later for all my menfolk! Plus made buttercream & royal icing for the cake, & made decorations for the top (it’s Trolls- hideous lurid coloured big head things & lurid flowers to go with it!) Fasting okay though…
    Yipee- our new gas BBQ has arrived in time for the weekend- if we can put it together, that’s always a stress!

Hi all

Had a good day – finding the recording of everything on the fitnesspal app is encouraging me to be a bit more mindful…still fitting in the junk, but less of it!

Tired tonight, though. I’ll be glad to pick the boy up in an hour and head home.

HH – gas BBQ…get you! We have a little camping BBQ that we had out at the weekend. Excellent for just the 3 of us. Hoping the weather is good this weekend as it’s Cub camp for the boy…and we’re heading north for a sneaky wee over-night, too! I love waking up on Saturday away from home…makes so much more of my day off, even if the house doesn’t get cleaned or the garden done!

Mx

When we got off the tram there was 36 steps to climb and the escalator was out of action so Denise climbed up them, got to the top and found a tiny lift, we had a good walk around, when we got back Denise said she would use the steps again so she had had a good exercise today.That seems a very long time to update you pc.

Hedgehog…
    You made me laugh…yes we are always hot and yes the weather has been really good too…too hot for both of us to sit out….I went out in a short sleeve dress this morning then shorts for the rest of the day with patio doors open all afternoon…

BBQ for the weekend lovely..no stress….fingers crossed for good weather…….hope to use mine while away, only trouble is I cook with a glass of red wine in hand..Steve is Sou Chef on my beck and call, washing up and filling my glass..it works well…😂

Well done on the cake and the decorating…that’s something I have never tried…only simple Xmas cake.

Minols..
    Enjoy your weekend away…..a romantic break 💕💕…MFP seems to be keeping you under control making you thoughtful….well done…

Dave…
    Denise has done really well all those steps and walking…a lovely day out…Steves computer always takes 48 hours to update, so slow…mine is normally better maybe 5 hours, don’t know what happened this time…we don’t open them up much just occasionally our fault really…

Jean x

Morning!
    Minols- enjoy the overnight break, such a treat!! (when ours were that age my sis would have them, & in return we would have hers- only trouble was, she has 4 children! Was never sure if it was worth it…)
    Dave- Sounds like Denise has managed really well, I’m glad the knee op has helped!
    Jean- hope you’re back on form & can get packed today. No doubt your appetite will return with a vengeance today as you’re fasting!!
    Caz- think you’re fasting today- hope it goes well for you; lots of water, & a salty drink like oxo or a dab of salt on the tongue if you’re flagging might help…
    Pseudo- have a good day off, hope the weather’s okay!
    Cakey- are you fasting with us? Hope the travelling is easier…
    Kay, Lynne, anyone else, have a good day.
    Woken up not too hungry, so will extend the fast & see how I go. Training with Home-Start this morning, they’re terrible & always have biscuits, sweets & toffees out for people, so will be a challenge! (No wonder most of the staff are struggling with their weight!) & the office is in a square with a newsagents, bakers & fish & chip shop!

Hello

Twirling the baton today for 3rd fast. Yesterday had terrible cravings, my only saving grace was there was only healthy things in my cupboards so damage limitation. Maybe there is a lesson there as if there had been biscuits in the house I would have eaten them. Husband doesn’t eat between meals so he isn’t bothered.

Enjoy training Hh and resist those sugary treats as best you can.

Lovely caravan break Jean and think the forecast is good. Where are you headed (sorry if you’ve already shared and I’ve missed it).

Hope today goes well Caz – we can do this.

Hope steps made Denise stronger Dave, maybe need to rest up a bit today. Like the sound of that black pudding, although it’s off my list just now. I think I have some in the freezer but it will have to stay there.

Enjoy your night away too Minols. Although you’ll probably spend it talking about your son lol.

Lynne are you ok? Haven’t heard from you a few days, although I may have just missed you.

Glad the mole checked out ok Pseudo and looking forward to the reports from the fossil hunting.

Hello to everyone else, Kay – are you about too?

Early train to Edinburgh, home tonight and staying put for a week. Daughter’s last exam today, feels quite a milestone and looking forward to the other one, home next weekend for a few days.

CW

Sorry I’ve not been around….busy busy…
    Off up North visiting today, so will catch up with you all when I’m back on Wednesday.

Hope everyone is ok. Keep going strong, even if between stuff going on. That’s what I’m attempting to do 🙂 x

Morning All…
    A cloudy start this morning…heavy rain tomorrow in the morning….

I decided against a walk this morning..I have lots to do and not 100% yet…but nearly…we will be doing lots of walking over the next 4 days as we are pitched the furthest away from the activities much to Steve’s dismay…as we where last year…a lot of complaining going on…😂

Shopping and packing just getting organised.

Pseu…
    Hoping you manage the fossil hunt…I think you are getting our rain before it arrives to us tomorrow. Looks like the South Wales coast….

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy the office training day…FD and biscuits 😬..good luck on that one…

Cakey Wakey..
    Is Edinburgh your home?…lovely to stay put for the week and have the family together next week..a mother hen springs to mind..a full clutch in hand…enjoy..

We are staying at Sledmere House, on their Estate in Sledmere..hoping to visit the house, I went years ago as a school trip child but Steve hasn’t been….could be tomorrow while it’s raining…the forecast is cooler of late but good…quite near us about 45 mins away..as the Yorkshire is hosting it this year…brilliant last year..

Good luck to your daughter, and my grandson too….

Kay..
    Enjoy your family visit to Chester..a few days off plan, too hard with family about…we are off plan too a bit.

Lynne..
    Hope all is going well at work…..good luck to Bec exams…

Lots of us fasting…keep strong…

Jean x

Good morning everybody. FD today and so far not being a miserable so and so 😉 I did wake up thinking about food though! Please convince me that this gets easier and really can become just a way of life. Not too bad weather wise today. Looks like we’re escaping the rain that others are getting.

Good to hear that you’re beginning to feel better Jean. Hopefully you’ll be completely repaired come the weekend. Sounds like you’ve got a fun time planned.

Cakey Wakey – Enjoy your time back home. That must be a relief not to have to do all that traveling.

hedgehogs – Good luck with resisting all the sweet stuff 😉

I’m going to keep busy today. Got some shopping that I need to do. Nothing exciting unfortunately, just household stuff but might just have a peep at some clothes as well. I’ll probably do a bit in the garden when I get home. I bought a fuchsia and a curry plant yesterday. Never heard of curry plant before but it’s really pretty and strangely smells of curry (hence the name I guess) and apparently the bees love it.
    I’m slowly convincing myself to go swimming. I actually drove to the gym yesterday just to check it out and familiarise myself with the set up. Yes, I’m weird! 😉

Have a good day everyone!

Caz- FDs do get easier, although every so often there’s a difficult one, weird! Just tell yourself it’s only one day… Hope you pluck up the courage to go swimming! I don’t like the smell of the curry plants personally, although I do like a curry!
    Jean- very sensible to not go walking today!
    Kay- have a great weekend with your family!
    Cakey- hope your daughter does well in her exam! It’ll be nice for you to do some catching up before she goes off travelling! Was it you who said you’re holidaying in Norfolk & Suffolk this year? Let me know if you want any tips of places to visit! Could always meet up for a cuppa (and no cake!!)
    Training very sobering- Freedom programme & domestic abuse… kept away from the treats! Might spend the afternoon in the garden. Fasting still going well, feel really good today, so weird after feeling completely different on Tuesday… did an short rebound workout this morning too! Won’t eat until tonight. Hope everyone else stays strong!

I remember the first time we weft to Norwich, we searched all over for the Coleman’s shop,found it eventually,I like Norwich a lot.The last time we was anywhere near was when we stayed in a thatched cottage in Hemsby,t was full of spiders.Nice day here again, not quiet as warm as yesterday but no coat needed.Fast day today so only cups of tea up to now, I didn’t get up until midday, was up until gone 4am watching hockey, is the final set of games starting on Monday, best of 7 wins it.So a good thing getting up late but hungry all day 😁😁😁. Denise seems ok after all her walking yesterday.

Afternoon All…

We are going good here..cup of tea now….been out for a bit of shopping as we are in the middle of nowhere..although they have basic food marquee on site…

Strange morning here…our neighbours house which is for sale..thinking it would be nice to buy it.. a bit bigger than ours…how do you view the house if the men are not talking..😂…we don’t know if the money would add up, and what price ours would be….someone coming to value ours on Tuesday…😬..it’s a bit scary as I like my house..

Caz…
    It really does get easier and you miss fasting when you don’t do it…like Xmas when stuffed you feel awful..you get to like the feeling of empty…really hot here again this afternoon 25 in the car…glad it’s dropping a bit over the next few days…don’t fancy the heavy rain tomorrow…☹️

Hope you get swimming I think you would enjoy it….(ps..I don’t think you can eat the curry plant)

Hedgehog..
    I have sent you hot weather..I will share it….lol…it seems a heavy meeting having to go over not very nice things..my elder daughter covers these things at school she says it’s not nice at times..
    You did well to keep off the treats 😀

Dave..
    Do you watch F1..Steve watching at the moment….glad Denise was ok after her walk..

Going to start packing the car keep busy…eggs tonight for both of us…

Jean x

Yes I like F1, funny talking about pc updates,I am watching cricket on my laptop at the moment and a message just came up on the screen important updates need to go on, so I have set it to update when it’s tea at the cricket 3-40 I hope, hopefully it will only take less than 20 minutes, when I have formatted my pc and put every update back on it only takes an hour at the most. Still going strong on the FD.

Hi all

Just keeping it light today. Usually fast on Thursday but going to have a very light tea and that I won’t eat till we arrive tomorrow night for a late dinner.

HH – was thinking about the arrangement of looking after your sister’s kids… You may have found it a less worthwhile arrangement but I bet your sis REALLY appreciated your kindness!

Right.. Need to teach the boy how to pack fir the weekend… Critical cub camp skill!

Mx

Still sticking to fasting. I’ve had a couple of moments when I’ve felt really hungry but I’ve taken your advise and had plenty of water and now realise that thirst and hunger feel the same! Once I have a glass of water, the immediate hunger passes. I’ve been out to the shops only to find that the ones I usually go to are closed due to a power cut. Just had to do a bit more driving around than I had planned to do but at least it killed a bit of time for me.

Dave – I love Hemsby. When I was still a youngster, we went there for family holidays and it brings back many happy memories for me 🙂

hedgehogs – I can only imagine the seriousness of your training today. It certainly makes my small problem of fasting seem so trivial. A huge well done to you for supporting those families.

Jean – As tempting as it is,I won’t munch on the curry plant 😉

Sun is now beaming here. Time to get outside I think.

Must have been a big update it said it would take a while to complete,in the end it took less than 15 minutes,i will ask my son if he has got the updates on his desktop,will probably take a year on his pc.I dont use my laptop as much as i used to do,so easy to use my phone,by the way i have ordered a new phone not sure when it will come though.

Hello

All connections worked and on train home. Daughter’s final exam seems to have gone well. End of student days.

Fast going ok, just a yoghurt so far. Maybe a tuna sandwich later.

Feeling empty rather than hungry just now.

CW

This is my worst time on a fast day, I am about to have some food then I will want more until I go to bed.

Dave- could you do without food? Having read about Lynne’s liquid only FDs I gave it a go & it’s no harder, better really as you don’t get that immediately want to keep eating as soon as you start thing!
    Cakey- grown up girls now!! You’ve done well with your travelling…
    Caz- well done to you, FD nailed?!
    Jean- a house move? brave if you’ve got yours how you want it… although I hate redecorating, love the novelty of doing it all when you move somewhere new! Would the estate agent show you round when your neighbour’s not there? And keep an eye out to whoever looks round, if you don’t like them get out in the garden with radio blaring! (When the house between my sis & I was up for sale, we kept an eye out & planned to send all the boys out to make a load of noise if we didn’t like the look of them! Not needed though…)
    Afternoon spent with the trauma of putting the BBQ together, between us it took 3 hrs & we made a booboo putting the wheels on wrong, but it was too late by then, weren’t going to take it all apart again! Hopefully it’ll cook the food well! Sneaking in an extended fast (very common on keto), as feeling so good, & less hungry than on 1st day, so I’ll keep the baton up overnight.
    Typhoo- are you still with us, will you be fasting tomorrow?
    Minols- hope your son has a great time away- has he been before? Yes, I think my sis had the better deal!

Morning all- woke early with leg cramps, downside of keto! Have been taking magnesium supplements & eating lots of salt too… Scales nice this morning- reached the original goal weight, 2lbs wiggle room to go! (Probably will put a few back on after this weekend, going to my friend’s for her girls’ birthday BBQ tomorrow, they are fantastic cooks…) Shopping & then hair colour today.
    Jean- have a safe journey & hope it isn’t raining when you set up.
    Hope your energy levels & tummy are back to normal too, have a great time!
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Viewing 50 posts - 17,351 through 17,400 (of 35,428 total)

You must be logged in to reply.