Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,938 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Nanafixit 13 hours, 20 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,851 through 15,900 (of 35,425 total)

• Happy Anniversary Jean! Hope you’ve had a nice lunch out! I wondered at your screen name- Symba- now we know why. We’ve had some lovely cats too- but youngest son seems to be very allergic to them now (13 years since we last had one) so wouldn’t dare get one.
    Cakey- well done you on the stone! nobody noticed my first one- but then they didn’t comment when I put it on, so I guess that I shouldn’t complain! It’s easier when you have an event etc. to aim for, I’m sure you’ll be in shape for the spa weekend, lovely! Our Josie has had extra chicken for a while now- I need to disguise her tablets in something, & since she had pancreatitis she can’t eat cheese or peanut butter that she was fond of before!
    Dave all sounds like it’s promising with the kitchen (apart from the wallpapering!)- you said ‘ovens’- was that a slip or are you having more than one? I’ve got a lovely range style cooker with 2 ovens, although don’t often use both.
    Kay- hope the weigh in is better at the end of the week! I’ve been up & down a lot since Christmas… Hope those second best houses turn out okay!
    Typhoo- Friday’s a tough day for a FD, but obviously it suits you? We always have a nice meal on a Friday, but I have a stir fry or courgette instead of pasta if I’m on a Friday FD- I will be this week, hopefully.
    Saw my Home-Start family today- out to the park again even though it was freezing & had snowed, but did lots of running about… resisted breakfast, & lunch, so going okay. I worked out I can have a cuppa or two with milk today & still not go over the carbs, so will see if that makes a difference to the headaches!

HI everyone – sorry to be so absent the last couple of days. I’ve been running around like a mad thing to finish things off, to have things ready to still happen while I’m away, and to have the things I’ll come back to all tied down a bit.

So now I’m definitely ready for a complete break. Out of office messages are on pretty much everything. The dog is at the new carer’s – a great woman, ex-dog-handler from the army. And tonight we head off. I’m pretty much closing down all communications and will trust the hotel wifi (!) to give me contact with family and dog. I’ll keep an eye on here to check you’re all behaving better than I am, but I imagine I won’t be on much – unless the wifi is better than any other hotel I’ve ever been in! I suspect I’ll be starting again when I get home!!!

Good luck everyone.

Mx

Kitchen looking good,all the cupboards up, ovens in, surfaces on, Washing machine in place, so tomorrow they will plumb it in and Friday wire it all up, then we need it tiling,he is coming round Friday to measure up for tiles, think we are having metro tiles.

Evening everyone

Minols, hope you have a great holiday.

Jean & Steve, happy anniversary, hope you’ve had a wonderful day. Hope everything goes well with Steve’s daughter’s dog.

Hedgehogs, so sorry to hear about Josie. The responsibilities of being a pet parent unfortunately, but such bad timing with everything you’ve had on.

Typh00, enjoy your NFD.

Kay, wounds like you had a good time with the relatives and the 3lb will soon be reversed.

Dave, are Denise’s knees up to wallpapering? When’s her op?

CW, well done on the stone off. Sounds like you’ve got a busy summer planned, good to have a goal to work towards.

Well I haven’t done any more decorating, but have moved some furniture around between my room and the spare room, and done some clearing out. It looks like Hannah wants a new bed (small double) and I want to put her current one in the spare room with a desk.

Trying to get the brisk walking in everyday, managing 25-30 minutes a day but it has been cold and had the odd flurry of snow. Busy this morning helping Han choose some new glasses for driving. If I’d remembered the fiasco when she first got them 2 years ago I wouldn’t have volunteered, but think she’s picked a pair she’s happy with and some prescription sunglasses for driving.

Liquid FD today and so far going well so hoping to hold out. Need to make a bit of a plan of what I want to decorate next, but may wait for the windows to be sorted. A bit more expensive than yours Jean, certainly cheaper than totally replacing them, though I am getting a new backdoor and side window.

Speak soon, Lynne x

Hello everyone

Happy anniversary Jean & Steve, how was lunch?
    Kitchen sounds like it’s coming along quickly Dave
    Happy holiday, have a safe & wonderful trip Minols
    Well done on the fasting today Lynne & HH
    Hello to others Kay, MStar, Typhoo

Chicken & chips for dinner. Very nice although would never make it for myself. Mum and dads tastes more conservative I think. But the chicken was lean and I left half the chips. Not too much damage done. Mum and dad’s scales much better than mine and I weigh at least 1-2 lbs lighter. The ridiculous thing is it doesn’t matter which scale I use Im still ‘me’ but because it reads lighter I feel lighter. There will be some psychology about keep trying different scales until you find a number you like. Makes me smile though.

The doors have been taken off and standing in the sitting room. The freezer, washer and dishwasher are in the dining room, chairs etc in the study. The floorers are hopeful they will be finished tomorow or Friday. Still feels a lot of putting back together and anything more than changing a plug is outside my OH DIY capability.

Going away for the weekend a week on friday to Rutland in a little cottage. I know it’s cold but I am so looking forward to the break and a couple of days off work.

No adverse effects from yoga so booked back in for next week. Hopeful.

Random question – does anyone eat prawns? Heard a discussion on radio 2 about them actually being really low calorie and nice snack with salt, pepper and vinegar. I’m not a shellfish lover but I checked the packet (me too Jean!) at Sainsbury’s and they do seem very low. Just a thought. I’m trying to keep off added salt too however to avoid too much water retention but interested if anyone else likes them. Or did I just make that up about salt and water retention – so many theories.

CW

Evening All..

We had a lovely lunch out not too big…then it got productive, we had a ride to York to look at cars…and bought one..so 6 hours later…lol..so really fussy really..difficult to buy because of pulling power for the caravan..automatic 😬..I will have re learn….so it seems a good deal it’s 9 months old…mucky red my favourite car colour..

Thanks for all your kind wishes…time really flies …14 years…

Kay..
    Sorry on the weight gain it proves you have had a good few days…soon be off…

Typhoo..
    Glad you slept your headache better…maybe more water or salt..

Hedgehog..
    You sound as if you have had a busy day…we stopped eating at lunch time, a bit of a pull back…

Minols…
    Have a really lovely holiday…make us a snowman…☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️ For the boy..

Dave..
    All coming together very quickly now…so exciting…

Lynne..
    Shame it’s an expense the windows, mine were smaller….I always think glasses a nightmare takes me ages to choose..nice Han is sorted, it’s like your makeup…good luck on the new bed..

Jean x

Cakey- I don’t know about the prawns, but the cottage in Rutland sounds lovely!
    Lynne- well done with the walking & hope the rest of your fast has gone okay.
    Minols- have a great trip!
    Done well on my FD- resisted nephew’s birthday cake- my sister made it, but was under strict instructions not to make it ‘shoddy’- nephew is at catering college & works part time as a chef! Have a good day ahead tomorrow to keep me distracted- my friend is dropping off her baby, I’ll look after her (eek!) while friend goes to hairdressers, then we’ll have lunch (at mine so I can eat what fits in with the low carbs!). Sadly friend is moving to Belfast soon, so I’ll really miss her 🙁

Cakey Wakey..
    Posts crossed..

Chicken and chips sounded lovely..not had that for a long time..you still seem to have lots to do at the house but it must be coming together..

I would swap Mums scales with yours when she’s not looking..😂

I love prawns they are low calories, I don’t really think of the salt….is sea salt different?..I don’t have them a lot as Steve doesn’t like them…can you eat tin tuna that’s very low calorie..

Jean x

Forgot to mention I did go swimming,i did 30 lengths,my arms were aching after two 🏊🏊fast day today now it’s past midnight,I hope all other fasters have a good day.

Well done Dave, have a good FD.
    Cakey- I don’t know much about salt & water retention, but was reading an article on ketosis, & you can get dehydrated on that, & lose weight quickly so are more prone to losing electrolytes from the muscles, so you need to eat some salt on that diet! I know you’re not doing the keto diet, but you have lost quite a bit quite quickly, so it might not do you too much harm eating some salty things?
    The carb reductions seems to be working- I’ve lost the few pounds I put on last week/ weekend with my birthday celebrations already, it’s taken a couple of weeks or more to lose it other times!
    Best wishes to all you fasters today. I kind of feel like I’m joining you, missing out on carbs! (but it’s okay when it works!)

Well I have a rather naughty Woof who wouldn’t settle last night. We went to bed at 10 but ended up getting back up and dressed to take him out. He normally sleeps until 8 and in no rush to get up but we were up and out for a walk st 6:30. He’s very barky too which isn’t like him.

Well that’s one way to get the steps up but feeling very groggy headed now.

Got booted out of the forum this morning and couldn’t reset my password to get back in, took me about 6 reset attempts.

Right I’m off to look for my positive pants before I just decide today isn’t going well.

Hope the no/low cards ok Hh, I don’t know what to do today. I wasn’t planning a Fast as at mum and dad’s but would like to keep it low as our for dinner Friday night and then having friends come for dinner on Saturday.

Good luck anyone fasting today I know Thursday is a FD for quite a few.

CW

Morning All…
    A cold day here…feel it in the house…heating full blast hate being cold…a jumper could help 😂

Poor daughters dog…she had a piece of bone taken out of her spine yesterday but Vet going back in again today to put full pins and plates in due to an instability in the lumbosacral joint. Higher risk but better results…so she will be off her feet for three months. That will be hard going getting her to the toilet she is a German Shepard cross so a big dog..

I know you love your animals to bits but you have to draw the line and think of the out come….

Steve panicking now as he knows his daughter, and I thought it…she could give her job up to look after her with her flat mate, who is not well her self.

Fast day for us..egg this morning as little milk left….Steve is in charge of milk!

Hedgehog..
    Good luck on the carb free day….it supposed to work well…watch this space..lol

Cakey Wakey..
    What a night or morning…it’s lovely to be up early before everyone else…didn’t you feel it..😂 nearly getting into your house you must be excited…I am doing an Indian on Saturday Steve’s Birthday..daughter and hubby coming so three course..a good low Friday…enjoy yours…

Dave..
    Well done on the swimming…good results on weigh in I think…..are you keeping out of the way?

How many are fasting today?

Jean x

Early start here as Neil’s car in garage. Im going to do a full fast…drinks only. Need it. Be good to feel empty and give my body a rest!

The kitchen is looking good, the builders have gone for breakfast.Heidi frightened them this morning,she barked at them but soon came round, just warning then it’s her house. People talk about salt on here, is it a bad thing or not? We don’t put it in food we cook but I do like it on food at the table.

Jean- sorry, somehow I missed your post about changing the car! I’ve never driven an automatic either… I like the idea of ‘mucky red colour’! Hope the step-daughter’s dog has her op okay- sounds like a lot to put it through, it is a hard decision. I hate, hate the cold too, I’ve been freezing all week! Guess you’ll be out shopping for more milk then?!
    Cakey- hope you manage with not much sleep!
    Dave- I think you need a little salt, but too much salty stuff can cause water retention.
    Kay- hope your fast goes well.
    I wasn’t needed to babysit after all, my friend thought her baby would need feeding , can’t help with that! Still on for lunch though.

I will try and cut down on salt then,I only sprinkle on my food, don’t put it in food that’s is cooking.Feel a little hungry now, wife and son just had lunch,I had a cup of tea, I did crumble last night though, had quiet a few Jaffa cakes😱, will be happy to get through the kitchen being done then start afresh, still doing my fast days so hopefully I will not have gained much weight.

Afternoon everyone

Jean, a new car, how exciting. I’ve driven an automatic a couple of times, once in Canada when Phil ‘forgot’ his driving licence and once as a reward in work, an automatic Audi convertible for a month along with petrol card – shame it was January.

Hedgehogs, I’m trying to go low carb as well, when I have bread I make other bad choices, and if I cut the carbs I can get so much more food for the calories.

CW, I heard about the prawns on R2 as well, and ended up buying some. I’m the only one who likes them so a treat for me. Too much salt will cause water retention, but needed in moderation for the body to function efficiently. I’d rather take it in prawns and smoked fish than ‘hidden’ in processed foods.

Kay, good luck with the fast, it’ll put you back on track.

Typh00 are you fasting today?

Dave, my dog barks at anyone at the door, but the minute they come in she cowers. A right wuss. Things seem to be coming along with the kitchen.

Well yesterday was a good FD, and trying to be sensible today. Have taken the dog, but not in the mood for much else. Really need to get cracking but I think I’ll leave it until after the weekend and have a few days break. May do a bit more sorting in the spare room and get ready for a trip to the tip at the weekend. I do love a good run to the tip, it’s like bin day on steroids.

It’s hard to move from the sofa when the dog is curled up next to me and the cat is asleep on the chair. Very badly behaved pets, just like the rest of the family.

Lynne x

Afternoon All…
    All going well here…been out shopping and got the milk…lol…popped to Aldi and Lidl a nearby town, really easy and empty shops, catch B &M bargains there too…much better than our usual.

Op on hold for the dog…it’s like NHS…an emergency came in so her ops tomorrow now as they want at least 4 hours for her…

Kay..
    Well done on your all liquid fast…it must pull you round…we fasted from yesterday lunch to usual FD today.

Hedgehog..
    Steve keeps winding me up on the size of the car..it’s a bit bigger..hoping OK..😬

Lynne…
    A cosy day in sounds really nice..with a book in hand …it’s nice to be lazy sometimes with the animals..

Cakey Wakey…
    I missed the cottage…a weekend away something to look forward too…a lovely area Rutland..

Brad..
    We don’t have any salt maybe on boiled eggs and chips 😬…not in cooking or on the table..

Well I will go and put the joint of ham on for tonight’s meal…with salad..

A delayed post done in two halves….as Katie rung from Louisiana nattering for half an hour…

Still going well here

Jean x

Held out so far….now hitting danger time!
    Just waiting for a call from the garage so we can go and pick Neils car up, then I will need to be strong whilst he cooks and eats tea. Its only tonight, I can eat after Ive weighed myself in the morning!!!

Kay…
    Well done you deserve some movement of weight….I really just hope I move ..and Steve…I have not had any sneaky pre views this week….

🤞🤞🤞🤞for morrow morning….

Jean x

I dont know what it is but on a fast day i feel worst after i have my meal,as for salt i cant bare food without salt so will never go without it.The hob is now connected and the electrician is coming early tomorrow,still got no water as the plughole is missing,he is going to collect it in the morning,so by this time tomorrow night we will have a working kitchen.Then we have to get the tiles put up and then wallpaper.

Hi Folks,

I haven’t been fasting today but as I finish my dinner that will be me starting mine.

Symba

I hope your dog feels better soon I know they are members of the family not just pets.

I add a little salt to some of my cooking maybe I should cut back or leave it altogether.

Good luck to anyone fasting today

Lynne- you can’t beat a snuggle on the settee with your babies, what a lovely excuse to sit down for a bit! Shame about the convertible in January!
    Dave- When I first did FDs I would get so over-hungry that I’d feel sick & not eat much dinner, but thankfully that seems to have gone off now. Kitchen nearly done! 🙂 🙂
    Jean & Kay- hope your FDs still going okay & that the scales are friendly in the morning!
    Typhoo- I’ll be fasting tomorrow with you, but might not be on much..
    My Josie has huge, alarming hackles which she puts up when anyone knocks at the door, or she sees a dog she’s worried about! She barks too- but saw off an opportunist burglar once by barking- funny thing is she’d probably just have licked him if he had have come in!
    Friend’s baby had bad colic, so lots of crying- glad I didn’t have to babysit her in the end! Friend quite upset at the thought of moving away…
    Josie was quite poorly again today, so we know we’ve made the right decision
    🙁

Hedgehog…
    Thinking of you a lot…a hard day tomorrow 💕💕

Jean x

Hedgehogs, thinking of you, hugs, Lynne x

Morning All..

A not bad day here…

At weigh in this morning..Steve lost 1 lb….me the same 😬..looks like I am on a big plateau..just batting a few pounds up and down a bit disappointed really…

Thinking of the Trust the Doc programme last week saying the calorie counters are way out, and could be 500 over what we think is maybe the answer…although my anniversary meal could still be hanging about. I have to have a big re think for me…Steve seems to be moving at long last or dare I say it!

Steve’s birthday tomorrow so we are having a three course Indian meal here which I am cooking with daughter and hubby…a lovely meal, line drawn and hopefully a plan for me in place to move forward.

Hedgehog..
    We are all behind you today…sending you and your family lots of love…a very hard thing to do but you are doing it for Josie 💕💕

Good luck to the fasters today…have a good day to everyone else…..the weekend is on us again….

Jean x

Hedgehogs, thinking of you today, such a difficult decision but the last act of love and kindness we can do for our furbabies. Take care.

Morning everyone

FD today with Hedgehogs and Typh00 I think. Trying for liquids only, we’ll see how that goes.

Jean, nice and bright here now too, a flurry of snow at 8am and the forecast keeps changing every few minutes, but I think the sun is due to stay for most of the day, unusual for Wales.

Dave, I do liquid fasts now because I find it easier to avoid food on a FD, though sometimes it depends on what I’ve eaten the day before as too much sugar will fuel the FD hunger. Well done for keeping up with the FD this week with all the work going on.

Kay, hope you managed to hold out last night and the scales were co-operative.

CW, hope the dog didn’t get you up too early this morning. Mine would stay in my daughter’s bed until afternoon if you didn’t rattle the lead.

Had a maths parents evening for Bec yesterday. Saw her teacher and asked if Bec had been given special consideration for the exams she took in November. There was an agreement that the school would submit a recommendation for special consideration in her exams because of the impact on her of Phil’s illness, but not sure if it had happened. Teacher has had Bec in her class since 8th Jan and didn’t know anything about Phil having been ill, or passing away, or even about the special consideration, disappointed with the level of pastoral care for a church school.

Time to get moving and get out in the sun with the dog for a bit.

Lynne x

Thank you all (again!) for your kind wishes & words… it was all very peaceful & good, her favourite vet, assistant & loads of chicken. She’d obviously not been feeling well this morning, so that reinforced it. Unfortunately the vet’s car wouldn’t start when they were leaving, so they came back in for coffee while waiting for a lift! So Josie has gone, but Sue’s car is still here until her hubby can come over & tow it away! Trying to keep busy the rest of the day.
    Very sad too as we were woken in the night to banging- the police were breaking into the neighbour’s behind us. It appears the husband took his own life- his wife & very young boys left a couple of weeks ago. Don’t know them well, but knew one of the boys from when I helped at school.
    Jean- so frustrating to be on a plateau- could you cope with an extra FD a week, might get things moving again? Hope that you have a lovely meal with Steve & family tomorrow!
    Lynne- Disappointing if the school didn’t request special consideration for Bec- most schools are usually really quick to do that, if only for their own results/ league tables!

Thinking of you Hedgehogs xx
    So hard when we do what’s right for our furry friends but it leaves us heartbroken 🙁

Jean and Steve, enjoy tomorrow. Do you use MFP to record your cals?
    At least Steve has dropped a pound.

I’m up 1 from last week, but to be expected.

Lynne, that’s not very good for the school is it.

Good luck to fasters today.

Sunny here and just out to take some stuff to the tip and get some stuff from Aldi.
    Very hungry this morning! Going to have to be careful.

Kay x

Afternoon All..

Been out sorted the money out for the car, snack lunch at cafe but no cake…Steve weight moving has made him strong and resisting things…

Lynne..
    Hoping the school takes on board what you have said and take your circumstances into account…it’s a lot going on for a young person to take. Have a nice walk with the dog..

We have had snow flurries off and on but not laying…it’s really cold we were well wrapped up which is unusual for us…

Do you think liquid fast days are any difference to 500 cal days…for weight movement?? I would be interested.

Hedgehog..
    Glad everything was peaceful and with your choice of vets….daughters dog is having her op now, started at 10 am..not heard anything yet…..maybe three FD’s is the answer for me, I will have a think..

How sad on your neighbour and for the family, I understand what they are going through……my BIL did the same…it’s so devastating for everyone left..for us there was no answers.

Kay..
    I was wondering were you was up to…a pound up but you have had the family stay so it was expected…I only can say a meal out for anniversary Wednesday for me a bit close to weigh in…

I do use MFP it’s about the same week in and out..as meals are about the same…I don’t think I can go any lower…( MM said it could be 500 cals wrong and higher than you think)…I keep under my TDEE….I have a glass of milk each night, I shall stop that it is 1050 calories over a week. I may try and cut back on carbs and up my protein …as hedgehog says up the water which I still have not done. Reading on excerise although not good for weight it still says you must up it and movement generally which I suppose I have. These last three weeks I have hit over 10,000 steps missed it about 4 times. I really don’t know what else I can do…change as above and see how I go…get the birthday meal out the way tomorrow then nothing else in the way..

Only thing Steve keeps saying what size would we be if not fasting…at least an increase of 2 stone each over the last 2 years…so at least it’s down and not up..even if on a plateau.

Have a good day fasters..

Jean x

I do agree Jean with what Steve says about what weight you’d be without fasting- I put on a few pounds Christmas & my birthday, would’ve been another half a stone on in just over a month if I’d not fasted! I think cutting out the carbs does seem to have made a difference for me, but I’m finding it pretty tough, so might give it another week… it’s amazing when you look at all the food & the carb amounts in each, not even counting the obvious chocolate/ cake/ biscuits.
    Hope step-daughter’s dog pulls through, & sorry to remind you of your BIL xx

Hedgehog..
    I think I might do the low carb and higher protein…have been looking on line all saying the same, excerise, up water, mix the food around a lot have different foods…I think we all tend to have the same foods as it’s easy. Up the calories one day to lower the next ‘ calorie cycling’ I have read this before.

I will get today over with and birthday dinner tomorrow night and seriously get my head around it….see if I can change things…our Nordic Walking course starts Tuesday for three weeks…hoping that may help I have been looking forward to it…Steve not as much as me…lol

Vets ringing daughter at 5 pm it’s been a long days wait for them…7 hours…

BIL ..it’s been long time now maybe 21 years…it’s just such a waste..sister was left at 53 years old…she is still very bitter about it and her son too.

Thanks for your help and thoughts any help needed…2 glasses of water drunk…lol

Jean x

Daughters dog….operations gone quite well but she is still very groggy…8 hours a long wait….

Xx

I always feel really upset when I hear about dogs leaving us, I have only took mine out once today, been waiting for the electrician and builder, all done now but tiler coming round on Sunday now, he will tell us what we need to buy then he will do it all, then we have to paint and paper to finish it off. I think I will need a degree in quantum physics to work out how the microwave works.

Hello

Special thoughts to you today Hedgehog. It was a hard but kind thing to do. The house will seem so empty.

Also best wishes to your daughter and her recovering Woof Jean, hope she is ok. Also hope you have a lovely birthday dinner tomorrow.

Interesting debate re plateau and what would have happened without fasting. My halo has slIpped the last2 days. Not drastically, probably within TDEE although not counted. It just got too tricky at mum and dads so I thought I’d just put fasting to one side for a couple of days. Home now though and hoping I can get straight back on the plan. I’ve actually learnt so much just in two days about how easy it is to slip back in to old habits. Also couple of pounds back up. It does make me question whether for weight loss 2 days is enough. I’m not sure it is for me without serious calorie restriction on the other days otherwise I lose 2 lbs fasting and then it’s back up again when non fasting. Maybe that’s for when I get to maintenance but in the meantime I have to go to 3 days or reduce my TDEE calorie count.

Looking forward to the weekend, some friends coming to watch the rugby and have an early dinner then out to the theatre together.

Best wishes
    CW

Off topic – does anyone aspire to minimalism? Having emptied so many rooms I’ve been quite selective with ornaments and pictures that I’ve put back and it does feel good. I find it hard to part with things for no reason when they are still perfectly fine but once I do I never give them a second thought or remember what I’ve donated. I’ve read a few articles which say if an item isn’t useful or doesn’t bring you joy then get rid of it either sell or donate. It’s easier said than done.

Just a thought

Cakey Wakey..
    Good news to get home, just lovely to have your own space…back to your own meals…it’s the others in your life what disrupts us or me sometimes..lol…Your time with Mum has made you realise when you ease off a bit ..Its hard sometimes a bit of a shock wakes you up…

Enjoy your meal and the theatre with your friends..

I think it’s very hard to leave the forum even at goal the slips can soon happen ….it happened to us once..it’s just so easy to lapse here and there, a pound up and before you know it you are back at the start line again…a few have left on here, one in particular has put three stone back on and can’t get back on track…even us at plateau it is better than gaining..I know I have a problem at the moment and I have to address it quickly.. what ever it is…..the support on here is great when we have problems…

Have a lovely weekend…hope you are pleased with the house..

Jean x

Cakey Wakey..
    Crossed posts..

We are minimalistic here.. looks quite bare to other busy houses.. much easier on the dusting.

I have three plants on my window sill and a four things on the mantelpiece but that’s it ..

Jean x

Morning all!
    Typhoo- you were quiet yesterday- did your fast go well?
    Cakey- I think you’ve done really well to have lost the weight that you’ve done, while at your parents’, the travelling you do & the stress of the building work on your house, so don’t feel bad! Enjoy your evening out & start afresh next week! (When was the Rutland trip, sorry, can’t remember?)
    Jean- I know I’d have probably given up & gone back to old ways after Christmas & through January if it wasn’t for the help on here, so thanks guys! I hope you can jiggle things a bit & get some weight going downwards again! But even so, just to maintain is still good, summer’s coming, you’ll be doing your walking, hopefully that’ll help!
    Minimalism doesn’t happen in my house!! I like the idea of it, but just can’t bear to throw things out very often! (It’s my Dad’s genes, they’re all terrible hoarders!) Hope the doggy is okay after going through all that operation…
    Dave- I am the same with microwaves- they look so complicated! We went for the budget one, 2 dials, that’s it! Glad that the end is in sight for your kitchen!
    Kay- hope your Ellie’s okay at the moment? Any houses to look at over the weekend?

Morning…

Drizzle here today….busy doing the birthday meal for tonight..lemon cheesecake which I have never made before…having a go at onion Bhajis new again to cook …then my favourite Tikka Masala …I will have my Sou Chef in operation with me…

A good feast today and line drawn with a new plan….

Hedgehog..
    When Steve and I moved in we went with the minimal look, so it was a fresh start, I wasn’t to sure but like it now…I had to have my plants just to soften it….much easy on the cleaning…I must of admit lots of things in cupboards..even the Kitchen is bare, just my knives out…and a few plants, herbs.

The dog had a 6 hour operation and the vets pleased with the out come..I think she is home Tuesday…if everything goes well…she was still sleepy last night at 9.30.

I am with you on the microwave..keep it simple..I really only defrost and par cook jacket potatoes..

On my first glass of water..keep me at it please…

Have a good weekend everyone

Jean x

Good news about the dog,hope for a good recovery.I have gained 2lbs so i will put it down to the new kitchen and try harder this week.Going out now to buy a new fridge/freezer.Cant really do our shopping until the new freezer is up and running,we have never had an electric cooker so it will be a learning process.

Brad…
    Nice looking top oven and combined…a good idea…I hope you have the ‘A’ levels…nice it turns itself off.

All coming together lovely now…electric is always easier to keep clean..gas is good but takes a bit of cleaning..although they will be much better these days…

I still use my instructions for my oven if it’s a turn On and Off even after three years…

Hope you find the right fridge freezer…remember it needs standing and on for I think 12 hours before you fill the freezer…

Weight will soon move no worries on that score…

Jean x

Hi Folks,

My FD went very well yesterday and I think I’m beginning to enjoy the feeling of not eating on certain days, I’m definitely sleeping better now than when I first started.

Still having some cravings for fast food today I feel like pizza from a certain delivery restaurant that rhymes with hominos 😎.

To anyone fasting today good luck and remember the hunger is only temporary and you can eat normally the following day.

Got a fridge/freezer, is coming on Monday, I didn’t even know it turns off on its own, not read the instructions yet,I wonder if the oven does the same? We bought paint for kitchen and living room,paste for wallpaper, so will get the kitchen tiles and start painting.I got a fridge with a water dispenser so maybe I will drink some water now. It should be Ice hockey tonight but staying at home to watch the football instead.

Hi All….

Typhoo..
    Wondered if you was still with us..lovely to hear from you…I think you get in a pattern of days and it really helps …I still never sleep on a fast night even after two years…I wish…

Dave..
    Fridge/freezer sounds great..daughter has an ice maker frightens me to death when I go in the night, no glasses on, then it drops ice instead of water..😂

Who does the cooking you or Denise?

Well I have been at it for 6 hours, cake made, 5 dips made, Bhajis made..all the ingredients for the curry measured out and ready to go, I will start that about 4 pm…they are arriving just after 5 pm…so want most of the pots and kitchen about tidy by then….

It’s hard work having visitors….lol

The dog is up and now she is walking without a sling she is doing really well..she is on heavy painkillers…good news..home maybe Tuesday.

Hope everyone’s having a good weekend..

Jean x

We have had a most lovely night…a lovely Birthday…I think why don’t we do it more often…

I don’t really do dinner parties ..a very busy day but very worth while..eaten far too much but go out with a bang 😂

I panic but everything was fine not much left…sent a couple of boxes for grandson to eat…

15,347 steps/movements and haven’t moved out of Kitchen and lounge…a good one

Night night..

Jean x

Jean, sounds like a perfect day. Well done x

Well done ….but too much by far to eat and the wines another story..still the old boy is only 69 once 😂

—————————————————————————————————————————————

It is now another day..😂😂😂😂😂😂…except for one piece of cake each, what’s left…

Xx

Viewing 50 posts - 15,851 through 15,900 (of 35,425 total)

You must be logged in to reply.