Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,982 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 16 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,201 through 15,250 (of 35,469 total)

• Hedgehog…
    No they had a big fall out in July when she was over here….they are talking and made up but both are still to upset to talk…if that makes sense…

I think her husband is a lot to do with how she feels, very controlling and he didn’t help for them to meet up, always wanting meals etc…it could of been much more simpler…America daughter was here 5 weeks and I think she saw her 4 times….she was only 20 mins away….again she wants to visit me but husband always sees his side every Sunday, and she has to fall in. I wouldn’t expect her to come every week but once a month would be nice…we visit her, we are 30 mins away, once or maybe twice a month.

I think she will walk one day but the time isn’t right now…maybe when I am not here….

You are fasting..I forgot…that’s a good one and you are on your own…..I have just finished making my sweets, chocolate all over and all over my mouth as I have licked the chocolate bowl out…feel sicky…lol…told Steve we will have a jacket with cheese on or something like that…I feel full..!!

Have a good home start..will you about on here over Xmas or too busy…

Jean x

I hope none of you have to go to the shops today. Just nipped into Tesco and it’s complete hell. They had almost run out of trolleys, queues almost out of the door… I hope tomorrow, when it’s my turn for food shopping, it’s a bit calmer!

Pseu…
    Could you do your shopping late tonight or very early tomorrow…..it can only get worse….it was manic in ours today…hardly any cream left had to get a large one…

Jean x

I can’t sadly, need to wait for my folks to get here, because I don’t know what they want and vice-versa. If tomorrow still looks bad I’ll go Christmas eve. In my experience most places seem to be dead then because no one wants to venture out.

Pseu, I braved the shops today and went to Aldi and Sainsbury’s. Car parks were a bit manic but did shopping reasonably easy. I still want to get some smoked salmon but I think you might be right and Christmas eve may be quieter than tomorrow.

Hedgehogs, well done on fasting today and the almost 2 stone! Fantastic!

Jean, I’m glad your daughter seems a bit better. I remember how hard it was when your other daughter was over from America in terms of visits etc. It’s been a hard 12 months for her if I remember right. Hopefully the mindfulness app will remind her of some coping strategies to help. Hoping that Christmas day is feeling a bit more positive for her, and you.

Minols, hope you have managed to think through the Christmas eve being your Cmas day, that does really make sense. Ive missed where you are off to, but have a fab time.

DF (kay) bet it feels great to have finished work now. Forget that weigh in and just enjoy Christmas now!

Mstar, hopefully you’ve unpacked enough to enjoy your Christmas.

Lynne, glad that you are through the last few days. Our Christmas started today too, we felt we needed it. Look after yourselves.

Hemmy, how fantastic to hear from you. So pleased it’s still going well for you. I wonder how Ginette is? Things were quite hard for her, when she last posted. Thanks for the healing thoughts for Ellie, she needs them. I have scoop missed your quotes.

I don’t know why I’ve been so bad in posting on here, it’s not as though I’m busy doing stuff. I’m normally sat on the sofa in the evening, on Facebook or internet and do think about posting but I dont want to miss people out or miss what people have said and then don’t it!
    I think it’s my perfectionist OCD traits coming out, if I can’t do it absolutely right then dont do it..lol. I wonder if that’s why I struggle with the dieting/food scenario too.

So it’s very late, or is that very early, and can’t sleep. I’ve been doing more research on canine lymphoma but not really gained anything.
    I’ve been very emotional today, shedding a tear at anything. Hopefully I will feel stronger tomorrow. Maybe I need that app! I did CBT last year and I’m still on meds so perhaps a reminder would help.
    Oh yes and I’m still 2lb up from couple of weeks ago! But I’ve noted the weight and I’m determined not to go stupid over the next week. But I’m way off where I should be so looking forward to a blitz in January!
    Just in case I don’t make it back on here for a few days, sending all my brit buddies a peaceful time. See you on the other side.
    Kay x

Morning all…been up for hours having a ‘can’t sleep night’ again. I’ll be shattered later but really enjoyed catching up on a programme about the Romans. I forget sometimes that my first love was history. Not the Romans so mucheck, although growing up in Lincoln the Romans were standard school topics.

And then the boy came down just before 6 for huggles so we switched to Harry Potter – Romans way to violent for him! Don’t know what i’m going to when he’s too big to huggle. ..at the moment if he folds himself up he still fits in at my side!

Pseu…got the last trolley at Tesco yesterday!

Kay…wish you lived closer as I have lot of salmon in the freezer. I have a lovely elderly friend who gets salmon shipped to him from a smokers up north every few months and whenever I visit he insists I must take a few packs. It’s lovely but we don’t do it justice…we just don’t have the occasions that warrant it.

I’ll be around the next few days..but not so sure about when we’re in Stockholm. Never sure about hotel Internet.

Right…off to give the OH a rude awakening…today he turns 50!

Mx

Minols- hope you have a lovely day & get some time with your hubby- sounds really hectic for you, with his birthday, Church services, early Christmas & off to Stockholm!! I’m glad that you appreciate the cuddles- it seems so soon they don’t want them. Both mine were cuddly until about 15/16- my youngest (nearly 17) didn’t feel well the other day, & gave me a hug when he got home from school, so sweet, first one for a while!
    Jean- that must be really hard if your daughters aren’t getting on well/ SIL being difficult. Families! Can you get in the garage now?
    Kay- hugs to Ellie again!
    Pseudo- hope that you have a lovely time with your parents & get your shopping done!
    Think we’re all up early- we left at 6.30 am to go shopping- it was really busy then, but all done now. Just 2 things we forgot will get from the Co-op when son’s dropped off for work… there’s always something you forget! Oh, & I jumped on the scales first thing- bad really, 2 days in a row!- & lost half a pound on yesterdays FD, so the magic number appeared & it is now official- I have lost 2 stone! Yay!
    Might be around in quiet moments- I do have to moderate a couple of websites so will still check them, might peep in here while the computer’s on!!
    But have a lovely Christmas everyone! Rowena- if you still look- you too… and thinking of you Lynne…

Morning All..
    A dark damp morning…

All done and waiting…lol…a clean up tomorrow….decided we will run out to a local pub we used to go to before we married..30 mins away..have a sandwich lunch, a catch up on memories and the lovely view, under the Humber Bridge…

My chocolate truffles turned out amazing..a bit messy to make but OMG…from not sharing them to will take daughter a few to try..only good thing very very intense dark chocolate..I think that makes them healthy 😂..and not everyone likes dark chocolate 🤞

Minols..
    Lovely to have the cuddles make the most of it..one daughter doesn’t do hugs my other does hugs big time…lots from my little grandchildren, it’s the little squidgy hands what get me..lovely..lol

Still busy for you but enjoy it…I will think of your bells at midnight…we passed through Stockholm for a couple of days on the motorbike we really enjoyed it…have a lovely time..

Happy Birthday to you OH hope he has a lovely birthday…

Pseu..
    A nightmare shopping they are only closed for one day! Enjoy your parents coming to see you nice to be all together..

Kay..
    Let’s have you posting and back in the swing in the new year….we are both the same chasing the last few pounds..Steve and I are going to really put more effort in, in the New Year.
    With Ellie you have other things on your mind and finding a new house too…so more important things at the moment.
    My daughter seems brighter just very tired, her body telling her to slow down a bit..

Hedgehog…
    Garage door looks really good as doors can, the fact is it can open is a big bonus 😂
    SIL is what he is, he will never change…hopefully the girls will talk properly at some time..hope you are about over Christmas..

Well done on your half pound off, you are very consistent..I really must put my mind to it …

Mich…
    Hoping you are getting sorted and straight…

Everybody is getting busy now with food and preparations so we wish a

Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy slim New Year…

Jean and Steve x

Damp and grey christmas eve eve!

Not doing much here, just a bit of tidying up and trying to solve some puzzles!

The nibbles are out, my Monty and Mable christmas tshirt is on and snowflake earrings in!

Jean, enjoy your lunch out, that sounds lovely. Has Steve stopped hissing at the scales now..lol…that made me chuckle.

If anyone has to go out today, anywhere near the shops, good luck!

Kay

Hi All..

Had a lovely lunch and a bit of us time…we always liked this pub a few good old memories..

Daughter and SIL called by for a couple of hours, they had been to York for the day…so that was nice she seemed OK..it apparently comes and goes…we didn’t talk about it thought that was best…she took some of my chocolate truffles home that’s 6 less to eat and she had another two here…lol

Hedgehog..sorry missed your two stone goal…that’s a nice present for Christmas….

Steve’s got his Christmas head on Kay, working through the treats…scales out of sight and out of mind in the back bedroom….when the treats have gone they have gone…😂

Going to get a bottle of red out for this evening might try and maybe have one large and save some for tomorrow…

You sound very Christmassy in your jumper and snowflake earrings ..have a nice relaxing night…

Jean x

Just back from the Indian restaurant…yum! Even treated myself to a glass of wine. Husband groaning quietly in the corner…wee boy managed practically everything I did and called for pudding! Think we’re sll swearing off breakfast tomorrow. Last act of my day off will be to paint my nails this evening, then it’s back into the think of things and the nerves of running an unpredictable service involving everyone…what can go wrong? they say never work with children or animals – but it’s the older people that worry me! we have a trainee guide dog who has never been a moment’s bother (although a new puppy has arrived so will probably be brought to church tomorrow, too. The children generally do as I tell them…but the grown ups? well, they truly are unpredictable when I let them out of their pews! watch out for headlines of ‘RIOT in the KIRK!’ Might not sleep too much tonight! still it will no doubt be fun once it’s done…things usually are in hindsight!

Hope you’re all beginning to feel suitably wound down and chilled!

Mx

Jean, glad you enjoyed your lunch and also that your daughter seems better.

Minols, your meal sounded fab, its ages since Ive been out for an indian meal. Hat off to the not so wee boy 🙂

Hope you manage to keep all those older people in check, Im sure there will be lots of them!

Is your stand in all ready for the bell ringing tomorrow night??

K

I’m in ‘Christmas Eve/ lots of things to get ready for tomorrow’ mode, so up early!
    Minols- hope all goes well; I’m sure it will, & when there’s cute children in a nativity, that’s all everyone will remember! Glad you enjoyed the meal!
    Kay- stay Christmassy! What are you doing tomorrow, are you at home?
    Jean- Scales away now, garage door done- there’ll be no stopping you & Steve now!!
    We dropped presents off at Mum’s yesterday- my stepcousin had sent up tubs of Italian biscuits, Florentines & stolen for us all, so got stuck in. Plus we now have the full quota of presents under the tree- & most of them feel like boxes of chocolates- eek! I dread to think what weight will go back on- just having a weekend off has put about 3lbs on, so I’m thinking probably half a stone up for me in a few days!!

Hello lovely people

Just wanted to pop in on Christmas Eve, my favourite day of all and wish you all a lovely Christmas.

Sorry I’ve been AWOL, busy at work and managed to forget my login details so only just got round to resetting.

I didn’t quite make the 1/2 stone I wanted to lose for Christmas, just a couple of pounds.

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you in January.

CW

Morning All..
    A later start for us this morning…a bright day…

A few jobs for me this morning, a tiny bit of ironing, sorting a dress out for tomorrow a tiny bit of alteration in a good way…lol…and I am the soup maker for tomorrow…

Looking at chocolate things I have brought down from upstairs ( chocolate things, biscuits etc)…I have now located them back to the bedroom…they will see us through our caravan holidays in the summer one by one as treats. I know there is one box of chocolates under the tree, so that will also go to the caravan hoard.

My body isn’t taking kindly to the junk food what we are already eating…this is not our way of life now..it’s nice to have the week as a reminder, but I shall enjoy Christmas…then line drawn…

Minols…
    Enjoy your day today you are nearly at the end…hope the adults behave themselves…😀…enjoy your holiday with the family…

Hedgehog…
    The Italian side of the family sound a good one to have…all different things…hope your preparations go to plan and under control…😀

Kay..
    Hope you cracked some wine last night…we did, one large glass of red each…we were very good the rest tonight..😂

Cakey Wakey..
    Nice to have you pop by…join us in the New Year I think we will all need it..

Starting our Christmas off tonight..
    We are off to our church service tonight at 6pm the Christingle with the children, carols, candles and Father Christmas…a very good service with our Hells Angels vicar, he’s amazing he gets the full attention from the little ones..he had a helicopter flying around the church one year….the village church which is quite large..will be so full it has to put out extra chairs at back and down the aisles..
    Then pick up a pizza …..later walking out for a few drinks…then finish last nights wine…maybe…lol

Have a good day everyone…

Jean x

🎊MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE🎊

🎉ALL THE VERY BEST WISHES FOR 2018🎉

🍺🍷🎁HAVE A LOVELY DAY TOMORROW..🎁🍷🍺

FROM JEAN AND STEVE X

Merry Christmas all!

Wishing everyone a lovely day tomorrow and hope it goes the way you hope.

Love from Kay x

Morning all!

Just back from Watch Night, and I thought I’d get my ‘Merry Christmas’ in before I head for bed – hope you all have a joyful day…DON@T let anything or anyone stress you out!

We had our lovely Christmas day early – the nativity at church was a lot of fun for everybody, and our family presents and meal was great. I think I’ve got the usual ‘collapsing in a heap’ bug…you know the kind of thing teachers especially get when they’ve been chasing the end of term and things finally stop?! Don’t care, though, I’m going on holiday in 12 hours!

See you on the other side!

Mx

Good Morning All..

A dull day today but happy inside ( me)

Just having cuppa, no breakfast for us today..just a banana…Turkey Crown went on at 5.30 on timer..all cooked for a pick of a slice or two when back from daughters this evening….

Have a lovely calm day and enjoy everything you do…..

Minols..
    Hoping your bells rang out and you enjoyed Nightwatch Service….have a fab holiday, enjoy the rest and family time…we don’t want you in a heap…lol…. you have been so busy this last month.

Jean x

Just chilling out now. We had smoked salmon on heavily buttered bread earlier 😉

Visited our local for a drink (have to when the landlord gives you free drinks) and soon be having scallops for starters and quorn roast for main…lol

X

Had a lovely day; the most relaxing Christmas Day I’ve had in years! Boys like a lie-in these days, so it was a leisurely start, hubby prefers chicken so that didn’t need to go in the oven until later… eldest opened presents then went to his girlfriend’s, so it was just 3 of us for dinner, all very laid back for me!! Played games with the youngest- he’s been really sociable, & we watched a really good Church service online (not a fan of the local Church!). Too much food eaten, & 5 boxes of chocs plus 3 tins of biscuits received as presents… will put them away for another time like you do, Jean!
    Tomorrow will be the hectic day- 12 for lunch with 2 more coming later now. And we meet eldest’s girlfriend as well. We had a furniture moving session on Christmas Eve, so have the kitchen table & the dining table joined together to fit everyone round!
    Only downside is that our lovely dog has not enjoyed herself- she’s obviously not feeling great; hid in the cupboard most of the day, except for food- she usually loves Christmas & opening presents, we’re all worried about her. Maybe she’ll be better with everyone around tomorrow, she loves my family.
    Hope everyone else has had a good day!

We have had a lovely day ..8 of us…busy but it went very well…feel very stuffed stuffed stuffed!..daughter cooked a great meal as usual..

On our own tomorrow hoping to get Steve out for a slow walk and a bit of fresh air….we have got loads of chocolates and biscuits given…I have put them away, you would think close family members would know we are not eating them…I will let you know when they have gone, giving it a guess June…lol

A busy day for you tomorrow Hedgehog hoping it all goes well for you lots of people to feed…hope the furry one feels more for a bit of company..

Enjoy all your festivities everyone..

Jean x

Morning All..
    A lovely bright day with blue skies…

Feeling a bit sluggish today more with food than drinks…having day of free eating as and when you like, Steve calls it his day for drinks..in the past ( before me) he used to be the driver of collecting everybody for Xmas dinner so his day was Boxing Day…so it continues….lol

Hoping to clear some of the naughties up…then maybe a bit more over next weekend…we are not fasting but Steve is complaining on how he is feeling with the food excess..which is good…

I had a lot of compliments with my dress, I am glad I wore it yesterday, strange as I am always in trousers…I think I will look for another couple of classics in the new year…they do give you a good shape…bring on the change..lol

Kay..
    A pub with free drinks…that’s a good one I hope you both gave it your all…lol…hope you enjoyed your day…knowing you I bet it’s a walk out today with Ellie, with a stop over somewhere enjoy yourselves 🍷🍺

Hedgehog…
    Hope all your food and day goes well with your visitors…good luck..seems a lot to do…

A good lazy day on our own…picking food as we go…maybe a book read…see if anything catches our eye on the tv…..not much on there…maybe catch up tv….slow walk out I hope bit of fresh air…

Enjoy Boxing Day everyone what ever you are doing..

Jean x

Merry Christmas all. Just popped in to wish you all well. I have decided to (like Audrey) go back to Weight Watchers. I have totally lost control and am uncomfortable in my own skin. So…. taking back control. First meeting on Saturday coming.

Good luck to you all. Those on Facebook, it will be great to continue to be in touch.

Enjoy the rest of this wonderful time of year. Xxxxx Rowena.

Thank you all for sharing!! For a long time I have tried all types of diets that really worked. The problem was when I stopped the diet and wanted to eat a little carbs, I bursted like if nothing ever happened. That is why a recommend personalized diets, for about 2 years I’ve been on Dr. Kuzmar’s diet plan with the Wellness Sherpas Power Triangle and the truth is that I never felt better. Now I try to promote this type of plans as it has changed my life for good.

Rowena…
    Lovely to have you pop by…good luck on WW as all diets it’s getting your mind to it…hope the supports helps..

Let us know how it goes

Xx

Hi all…hope yoi’Ve survived either a relaxed boxing day(Jean) or a feed the thousands (Hedgehog) We’Ve eaten too well (!) But walked lots so hoping it will not be too drastic. Old Stockholm (where we’re based) is wonderful for wondering around. OH has a lousy cold and my throat is sore…so enjoying being chilled for a bit. The boy is loving the variety of games/toys I managed to fit into the carry on luggage. Really quite like holidays!

Mx

Minols…
    Have a really lovely holiday and break….hope the cold and sore throat eases off…glad the boy is making the most of his toys…

We eaten a load today picking as we go, from turkey, pork pies to chocolates…I think half a bottle of Baileys just tipped me over on the calories….😂

Jean x

Hi Brit lovelies. Xx

Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Sounds like everyone is enjoying themselves… how it should be.

Kristy arrived on the 22nd and it was lovely to spend some time together. Went shoppng and I had a wonderful birthday meal Christmas Eve at our favourite place in Stratford upon Avon.

Christmas dinner with Mum then she went back to London this morning to spend her Birthday today with her partner. ( Sym I have met the guy now twice … yes hopefully ” The one” Lol.

Peace and good will to everyone … may we go into 2018
    with Kindness. Xx

Hemmy..
    Happy New Year to you and your family……Let 2018 be kind to us all..

Hoping things work out for Kirsty and he is a lovely guy and is kind to her…nice to know you were all together for your Christmas meal..lovely family time…

Pop by from time to time it’s lovely to hear from you..

Jean x

Morning all!!
    Have a lovely holiday Minols!
    Jean- hope that you enjoy a few more peaceful days eating all the leftovers… & getting Steve out for a walk although the weather’s not great here!
    Rowena- hope that WW works as well for you as it has for Audrey!
    We survived Boxing Day- had an extra one as my nephew’s girlfriend was still around, luckily managed to squeeze one more round the table! Met my son’s girlfriend- she’s lovely, really, really nice! Felt old yesterday though- some of the ‘young ones’ (niece, nephew & his girlfriend) were drinking a lot, & getting rowdy- can’t believe how much they knocked back! Loads of food left over still; not much chance of having a FD at the moment… maybe tomorrow or Friday! Getting the rest of the clearing up done today, then going to sit down with one of the books I got for Christmas!

Morning All…

A dark day..snowing off and on but not laying …yet…keep safe down south it looks quite bad….

We are having a thoughtful day here, Turkey and salad tonight…no drink…keeping chocolates low to one or two …

I never never ever go out to sales but may venture out to Debenhams inside a shopping centre, more for a warm walk..lol…a coffee out…would like a dress if anything catches my eye…But I am not battling through crowds…

See what the weather does in the next hour, my back feels a bit iffy and Steves got a banging head…too much sitting about yesterday I think….no walk yesterday too cold… 😬..excuses.

Glad you survived yesterday Hedgehog…sounds a good party atmosphere…hard work but nice to get everybody together…..I know what you mean the young ones make you feel old and noisy in a nice way…talking what they are up to and going places..it’s lovely for them…trying to leave my oddments to eat for over the weekend but they are all going down nicely now….feel like a day off eating today…lol

Have a good day everyone…some of you back at work?..or on holiday still….

Jean x

Morning All…
    A blue sky day with frost on top of the cars…

Nothing bought yesterday, tried on a few dresses but far too short for me….I was surprised at the lack of people very much like a Saturday but maybe even a bit lower on crowds..no queuing for the changing rooms.

We had a walk around and a coffee…just a get out of the house…

No idea what we are up to today….see how it goes…

Have a good day everyone…

Jean x

Hi all

Hoping everyone had a good Christmas.

We are on route to see family in Chester for couple of days. We were due to go up yesterday but bad weather in the middle of the country put us off.

Fed up of eating and drinking now, but still have a few bits to finish off when we get back home on Saturday. On the whole though it’s not too bad as we didn’t overshoot this year.

Not bothered about the sales. Just after some new feather down pillows!

Kay x

Hi Kay…

Have a great time in Chester with your family…we have passed through a few times really love the centre..
    Step daughter was working in the snow ( M4) she said it was really bad..stuck lorries etc…

Our things are slowly going down and like you fed up of eating…finishing them over the weekend…

Although Christmas Day I had to go up a hole on my belt it’s returned to were it was..I will be a few pounds up for sure…

Jean x

Hi all .. very quiet in here. Just wanted to pop in 🙂 still have 5 days off work which is wonderful .. but it’s strange that I’m missing the structure and routine .. and my fast days! I’ll definitely be on it again in January 🙂 I’ve not over eaten at all .. but it’s the sneaky drinks in the evening .. most evenings lol!! Ahh well it’s Christmas time and January is a new start with hopefully pounds lost 🙂

Take care everyone and have a brilliant New Year what ever your up to. Stay safe xxx

See you in 2018!! xxx

Morning!
    Unlike most of you, by the sound of it, I have seriously overeaten! & the scales this morning are reflecting that!! I’m giving it a go doing a FD today, although there are still quite a few goodies about…
    Yesterday was not good- we had a phone call at 3am as father-in-law was unwell & was rushed into hospital- we went straight up & had a very difficult day with him as he was so agitated and confused, trying to pull catheter & cannulas out etc. He is quite ill, & at 90 you have to wonder how strong he’ll be to get over it- he has said that he’s had enough & wants to die… He has an infection somewhere, has side effects from some medication & also it’s all throwing his blood sugar levels & some other chemical levels awry. Once he finally settled in the evening we left, so will go back again today. Brother-in-law is horrible & won’t help at all, so it’ll all be down to hubby to sort everything out, as it has been for the last 10 years…
    Anyway, I hope that those of you who are off work have a nice restful break!

Morning All…
    Wet and very cold..a bit of snow on its way…

A bit of food shopping this morning..milk and bread I think…. then off to have my hair cut…

DF…
    Enjoy your time away or for the day…quite a coincidence really….

Hedgehog..
    You are brave to get on the scales…I have not thought about it yet…I was going to do a FD but I have had a shredded wheat this morning, so cold, it will be a low day..we have eaten a lot too so we will definitely be holding hands…lol

So sorry to hear about your FIL hoping things settle down for him, not good at 90…it always seems one in the family gets all the sorting and the others walk away…at least you have a clear conscience 💕💕

Kay..
    You have a very fun family have a lovely time….

Jean x

Evening All…

It’s not been a low day..I didn’t have lunch 😬..still difficult…visiting daughter she was off loading food, still we enjoyed it..

Tomorrow visiting friends on the Yorkshire Moors where they are on holiday….lunch out I think and I have made a chocolate pudding type trifle to go with coffee later…one of our favourites, hoping they enjoy it, it’s a bit different….then New Years Eve and finished!

Visiting hairdresser she greeted me with ‘ you are looking very slim are you still loosing weight’ ..although it made me feel nice…I know some pounds are back on….😀

It will be nice to have everyone back on here I have missed you all…

Jean x

Hope that you have a lovely day out tomorrow, Jean!
    Did manage a FD today- out for most of it so was easy. FIL is still poorly- no response from him at all today, at least he’s less agitated than yesterday. Just a waiting game now… Don’t feel we can make any plans for the next few days, so will probably just have a quiet evening on NYE.

Morning All…

A dull rainy sort of day…

Just deciding what to put on to visit today….last night Steve trying on loads of shirts..things not fitting…the decision has been made for AFDs for a while…he seems to have put on a lot on his tummy again…sweeteners are out again instead of sugar in his tea…plans ahead for the New Year….I think it’s been going on a while but he wouldn’t admit it…maybe after the two years on 5.2 his commitment of late hasn’t been so good. At the end of the day it’s the choice of the person….I say one slice of bread then he has 3 on the plate..that sometimes is the calories of a full meal!…

We both are very fed up on eating as many of us will be…it will put us all on track for the New Year…

Full steam ahead for 2018..

Hedgehog…
    Well done on fasting….I never made it…food things are going down nicely, the birds are eating a treat…lol….thoughts are with you, at least FIL is more settled…hoping the next few days he starts to improve but it’s hard at his age if he has given up on life…

We always have a quiet NY so after today it’s back to normal…a drink tomorrow night…

Have a good day everyone..

Jean x

Afternoon everyone

Hedgehogs, hope your FIL turns the corner and starts to improve. It’s tough when everything falls on one branch of the family and the others don’t pitch in, but at least you know you have done all you can. Perhaps I’m the only person that this matters to, but at times like these having done all I can is important to me. Well done on the FD.

Jean, I’m with you, no FD until the New Year. Still plenty of naughty bits around and loads of wine, only drunk about one bottle over the holiday so far.

We’ve all steadily come down with the lurgy, so tending to eat whatever’s easiest, though the fridge and freezer are looking a bit sparse now so don’t know what will be for supper.

The girls start back to school/uni on 8th, so can’t see me fasting much before then, but only up 3lb since start of December, so hopefully will be back on track quickly.

A quiet night planned for tomorrow, not sure if Hannah is here or out with her boyfriend yet, but just a quiet drink planned. Christmas has been alright, the odd moment, but good on the whole and last night I booked a holiday at the end of July for the 3 of us. Just a week in Zante, but will be good to have something to look forward to.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and celebrates NYE in a way that suits you.

Lynne x

Lynne- hope that you feel better soon from your lurgy. And very good that you have a holiday booked… I do agree with you that doing your best is all you can do- I keep reminding hubby of that.
    Jean- I think you’ll have lots of company on your post-Christmas crackdown!!
    FIL has had to be sedated as he was so agitated again last night, there was no response at all from him today & he looks terrible. Obviously being a holiday weekend there’s no doctors to talk to so we’ll be in limbo for a few days yet unless anything changes drastically. Saw him for a while this morning & will go back again in a bit.

Lynne, glad Christmas was ok for you and the girls and that everyone is clear of the lurgy soon. Booking a holiday was a good idea. At least something to have something to look forward to.

Hedgehogs, sorry to see that your FIL is not doing so good. Even worse when only one half of the family supporting.
    Well done on the fast. You’re right though, it is easier when you are out and doing stuff. I have been mostly sat in people’s houses with tables of nibbles in front of me!

Jean, I’m not sure I want to go anywhere
    near the scales either! But I know my large jeans are feeling a tad comfy.

We have finished our whirl wind visiting and are heading for home. Awwwww. I do miss everyone.
    Once we get closer to home we will stop off at aldi for a couple of things, mainly coffee beans and dog food!

Early ish night and a lie in tomorrow. Planning to go out tomorrow night but that will depend on whether I can find anything comfortable to wear!

If I don’t get chance to post tomorrow, hope everyone has s nice peaceful new year and I’ll see you on the other side.

Kay x

Hi Brit Lovelies. Xx

Hope the New year brings good health and all you would wish for.

Today I am 5lbs up the most for ages. Always try to keep within 2-3lbs at the most.

I am finding that I am just eating trying to ” Use things up” silly really would be better binning them .. Unfortunately I cant abide waste. Lol

Honestly its all so very silly … had bought in loads of cheeses and then had a massive gift box as well. Will have to freeze it.

Although just me and Mum … I have catered for 4-6 peeps … overeating at that. Lolol There must be a New year resolution here somewhere. Lol

Looks like I will be back with you all in Jan … I am not going down that weighty road again…

Well my lovely Fast friends… We can all do this we know we can…. Our Auds words

Together we are stronger … Bring on 2018. Xxxx

Evening All..

We have had a lovely catch up our friends, a walk round Helmsley through the slush, a couple of drinks out…back to their house for lunch.

Lynne..
    I am very glad things went as well as they could…the holiday is a good thing to look forward to, a bit of sun with the girls..hope the lurgy soon departs the household and you feel better soon…

Hedgehog..
    Holiday time is not the best when you need doctors in hospital…fingers crossed for you all…

Kay..
    Hope you find something to squeeze into for NYE and have a good time…we will be in bed unless something on the tv keeps us up…

Hemmy.
    Lovely to have you back on board…I have been nowhere near the scales that will be on Friday weigh in 😬..we are like you just hate to throw things away but tomorrow night they will be in the bin!…not much left now..
    We all will be up a bit on weight…..only the harden fasters will do well…..as you say, we don’t want to go too high nip it in the bud now…

Together we are stronger…let’s make it a good healthy, slim, 2018

Jean x

Morning All…

A lovely bright day…..a good end to 2017..

Decorations down for us and clean up….clear away old thoughts ready for a new start 2018….

Two tea places out this morning…2 choc dates and 2 choc truffles on each…that’s them all gone..😀..choc truffles went down well with our friends I think he will be making them today he has my recipe 😬, hope he eats them steady….lol

A couple pieces of Christmas cake for later then all gone…( things still in freezer)

FD for us tomorrow…2 this week then going on to 3 each week to the end of month…😀

Happy New Year to everyone..

Jean x

Hi all,

Last day of the year!! Hope you all have a nice New Year whatever your up to. Keep safe 🙂

I’m absolutely thrilled because I will be out tonight in a pair of skinny jeans that I’ve not been able to get into for years!!! They fit and are comfortable!!

This way of life really does work and the hard work pays off if we just stick to it 🙂

Thanks for all the support you’ve given me this year … I appreciate every single one of you!!

Happy New Year everyone!!

First fast day for me will be tomorrow and hopefully back to back Tuesday 🙂

Hugs to all xxx

DF…
    Good news on the skinny’s and after Christmas too…brilliant….so lovely when you can get into something comfy what’s waiting in the wings…….have a lovely night….some compliments waiting I think….

We will be with you tomorrow fasting so that’s three of us up to now…

I had the tape measure out..2” up on my waist and 1” up on my hips..😬 god knows what the scales will say on Friday…only good thing I had my skinny’s on they fitted fine yesterday …hoping it gets back to normal quick..Steve’s waist is well up I have had to put him back on to sweeteners in his tea …I thought sugar was a healthier option ( if you can say that) but not….he just can’t cut it out…

Full steam ahead for us tomorrow…hand in hand DF

Jean x

Lynne- thinking of you, the New Year celebration can be difficult, & I hope that you have friends & family around…
    Well done DF!
    Jean- sounds like you’re getting really ready for your new start! I hate taking the decorations down, so will leave ours for a few more days- it’s our youngest son’s birthday on Tuesday, we always leave them up until after that.
    Hemmy- I’m with you on hating to throw food away! I’ve still got some of the Christmas pudding left, but it will have to go on the bin now!
    We’ve bought nibbles & things for tonight, so will probably have them leftover tomorrow- but I’m hoping for a FD. It does depend on what happens with FIL; we were able to talk to the doctor today & as his chest infection is getting worse & his conscious level hasn’t improved, end of life care has been agreed, starting tomorrow, so we will be at the hospital as much as possible.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,201 through 15,250 (of 35,469 total)

You must be logged in to reply.