Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,941 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 16 hours, 35 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,801 through 13,850 (of 35,428 total)

• Well done Audrey and Hedgehogs for yesterday.

It’s our turn today – DF, Rowena and me!

Rowena, glad your headache has finally gone.

Laters x

FD for me today too. My stomach is already rumbling, which is a bit weird as I don’t usually get hungry this early. Oh well, maybe if I’m hungrier earlier it will go away earlier too.

HI all – Rowena, DF, Pseu and Kay, count me in for a FD until I pick the boy up and we head south to see Mum. Plan to eat en route to break the journey, but will keep it as light as possible otherwise I’ll fall asleep at the wheel! Can’t promise I won’t have the odd sweetie, though…

I’ll try to eat sensibly too while at Mum’s…but it’s 3 squares at the homestead, so we’ll see.

Pseu – when I get hunger pangs, I try sucking in my gut and pretending it feels good and my ‘system’ is enjoying the break – doesn’t always work…mind over matter!!!

Mx

I realised in bed last night that I can actually feel that I have ribs again, so I’ll just have to remember that.

Wow a lot fasting today good luck all

I have set myself small targets to reach today. 1st target 7.5 lbs off to get me to the 160s out of the 170s for good this time.

Wish me luck!

Have a good day everybody fast or non fast

Aud x

Hi all,

Really helps to know there’s a lot of us fasting today. Struggling with headache today for some reason, think I’m tired 🙁 Must keep going. We can do this, its one day!!

Hope everyone staying strong x

DF try drinking an Oxo… may be you need salt… this usually sorts me out on a fast day..

Good luck to everyone today

Aud x

Hi everyone!

Kay, Rowen, DF – I’m fasting today too. I;m in the office today and so busy that I didn’t even have time to think about food. I’m feeling so good I might actually attempt a liquid only FD for the first time.

Jean – happy to hear you’re there safe and settled.

DF – maybe some salt like Audrey said, and lots of water would help?

Audrey – are you doing a 3rd fast tomorrow?

Back to work now, we can do this!
    Geo

Thanks Audrey, you could be right. Headaches are not usually a problem any more. I’ll give the salt a try 🙂 Also good luck with your goals, small ones are the way to go I think. I try not to put too much pressure on myself 🙂

Geo, wow good luck with the liquid only. I know people do this, but have never attempted it myself! Let us know how that goes .. you can do it I’m sure 🙂

Hi all

I thought about a FD today, but decided to swop to tomorrow instead. Friday is usually chip shop supper, so fasting tomorrow will also stop me indulging.

Lots doing a fast today, am I on my own tomorrow?

Jean, glad you arrived safely and hope your body clock is set to the right time.

Minols, hope your journey is not too far and that Mum is doing well.

Just finished my porridge and planning a curry for this evening. Trying to keep things sensible to try and undo some of the effects of the takeaway last night.

Off now to get 7th glass of water of the day and make yet another trip to the bathroom. I’m not sure if drinking so much water helps the metabolism or if it just increased the exercise with the extra visits to the toilet.

Lynne x

Lynne, drinking plenty of water is good for everything, lol increased exercise too .. I’m the same at work!

Morning All..

Checking in with you all.. everyone looking as if you have been very good..

Good luck to the fasters today..

Daughter passed her American driving test yesterday ..Hooray 😁.. so going to have her license processed this morning and a few jobs done..

Rowena glad your headache gone at last..

Have a good day my friends.

Jean x

Geo, DF, Rowena, Minols, Pseu, keep strong!! Half way through the afternoon now. Im off out for a little walk which will take me to teatime and a fish and veg meal of 380 cals at the most.

Catch you later x

Thanks Kay! Struggling a bit, so was glad to see your post 🙂 Enjoy your walk, stay strong too 🙂

How’s everyone else doing?

Jean, so funny seeing your morning post at after two in the afternoon here LOL!! Hope your having a nice day 🙂

Keep going everyone x

I’m doing fine. 🙂 I had a cup soup for lunch, which I haven’t done before, and I’m not too hungry now. Not something I would chose to ‘eat’ on a normal day, but seems to have done the trick on an FD. I’m pretty bored though, which always makes not eating a bit more tricky – I think that’s my main issue, I’m a boredom eater.

I hope everyone else is holding up well – hang in there. 😀

Good luck to all you fasters- you’re on the last leg now…
    Pseudonym- are you at work, or at home?
    Pasha/ Lynne- I’m fasting tomorrow again, so you won’t be on your own!
    Found a recipe for ‘veggie meatballs’ and courgette, am trying that tonight; it’s very low-cal so if it’s nice I might have it another time on a fast night.
    Hope that rest of the day goes faster for the fasters…!

I’m at work, there is no way I could do a fast day at home.
    Veggie meatballs sounds interesting – I’m always on the look out for tasty new veggie recipes, be good to know if it’s successful!

Oooo veggie meatballs….let me know what they are like 🙂
    I buy the quorn meatballs and cook them with a chunky spicy tomato and veg sauce.

Well Ive done ok so far and I think I will be fine now. Neil is cooking tea, so I can stay out of the kitchen, and he knows my calorie limit, so it will be fine. Sea bream with veg/salad.
    Well done fellow fasters, almost there, not worth spoiling it now, as we would have to do it again tomorrow!

Seems like a few fasting tomorrow – Audrey, Lynne, Hedgehogs.

Jean, hope you are enjoying it over the pond and you arent affected by Irma, its been devastating 🙁

Sorry no fast for me tomorrow life has got in the way again!

Good luck for today everyone stay strong

Aud x

Afternoon All..
    Well done on all the fasters today… I feel as If i am missing out.. lol can’t have holidays and fasting…

Re Irma.. Katie has a house in Florida.. we are looking closely, she had to have a new roof after last years hurricane.. everyone is under mandatory evacuation so it’s going to be really bad. We were on alert here as we arrived but it’s going to Florida now..

Keep going everyone nearly over for you.. more fasting tomorrow.. a bit of a spread out week for everybody…

Really hot here trying to read maybe shade soon… PS daughter has got her licence hooray..

Take care my lovelies..

Jean x

Hey all

Managed to swap things round for tomorrow so will be able to join in the fast after all..

Off now back tomorrow

Audrey x

I made the mistake of opening the fridge. I feel like I’ve failed, but in reality I ate some carrot batons and a bit of low fat hummus, so I’m probably still good. I just normally try not to eat anything except perhaps a few raspberries. Feeling guilty for eating so little is stupid, I’m sure I’m still way under 500. :S

Pseudonym don’t worry a few carrots and a bit if hummus isn’t going to do any harm st all.. you have not failed, you have had a difficult fast day but made it through. Congratulations on a successful day!

It’s my turn tomorrow… shudder!😲😲

Jean enjoy your day

Aud x

Hey all. Wow it’s busy here again! Another 10 hour day at work. But finished the analysis at least. Onto next job now! We had salmon with veg and a bit of pesto for tea. Was really nice.
    Got full on day tomorrow.
    Hope you’re all ok and staying strong.

Thanks. 🙂

Pseudo- the meatballs were okay- the sauce was the best bit!! Found out why they were so low-cal- I followed the recipe for 2 servings, and it made 8 teeny weeny balls! I had them all in one go! (not a fast day, so still well under my TDEE) For a fast day they be quite tasty- it was a BBC good food recipe. Not sure if posting links is allowed on here? And your carrots and low fat hummus wouldn’t have been many calories so don’t worry!

Thanks for reporting back! 😀 Were the meatballs made out of Quorn?

Hi all…finally made it to a hotel on the A1…7 hrs down and just another couple tomorrow. Takes longer when you have a young passenger and need to stop regularly…but it’s also more fun! Audio books definitely the way to go. Trouble is, we finished the one we borrowed today and have nothing left for going home on Saturday, when we have to do the whole journey without a sleepover! Oh well…cross that bridge when we come to it.

FD-that-wasn’t went pretty well…and I stayed off the sweeties so feel alright. A little over, possibly, but it won’t be by much. Thank goodness mcDs do wraps these days.

We’ll done everyone…especially for those who had to get through tough parts of the day.

Jean…good to hear you’re safe and sound.

Mx

Hey everyone, how’s it going? Sounds like most of you are getting on well. I also fasted yesterday and it was the best fast day yet – really was quite easy and I think having banana porridge made with water for lunch helped sustain me a lot!

Today is my Friday weigh-in and I’ve lost four pounds since I started this two weeks ago. So, I’m pretty pleased with that. Probably would have been more had I not been on holiday the other week, drinking much wine and eating chippy tea etc!

I have a wedding to attend tomorrow, and then on a residential training course all next week where I will be fully catered for – I’m hoping I won’t gain it back! Any tips?

Morning all… got woken very early today, so it’s going to be a long day, and fasting too…
    Pseudo- the balls were made from mashed kidney beans, onion, balsamic vinegar and some herbs. I don’t put garlic in as my hubby can’t stand the smell, that would’ve made them better though!
    MissusMop- a residential course with catering would be a diet nightmare for me- I can’t even resist the biscuits on a course!! Hopefully there might be soup or salad options for you?

Hedgehogs – I do think it will be a real test! I will only have what they have made for me, as it’s a training venue, not a hotel venue. But I’ve asked for vegan and gluten free, and while I can make all sorts of cakes, pies, rich sauces and other delicious meals etc while still being both vegan and gf, it’s likely they will have just done soups and salads, lol.

Let’s see! My main aim is to sustain, as I know I’m not going to lose any weigh at all next week.

Booo to being woken early though. That’s pants when you’re on a fast day. Hope you get through okay!

Morning all,

Good luck to the fasters today 🙂

I’m having a normal day today. I ate more than my 500 cals yesterday, but wasn’t feeling well most of the day and into the evening. Feeling a bit better today, but headache still lingering. I’ll try and keep my cals low today, but definitely not a FD for me.

Back later xx

Quick post as off to work but good luck to those fasting today, stay strong!
    Well done to everyone who did their fast yesterday:-)
    I’m 1.5lbs down which I’m happy with as I only restarted I’m Tuesday. Mow I’ve got to hold it together over the weekend 😀

Best of luck to everyone on a FD today!

I’m planning to have a late breakfast just to extend yesterday’s FD a little longer because I’ll probably not to eating great this evening as it’s my mother’s birthday so I’m going to stay with my folks overnight.

Hedgehogs – I’ll have to give that a go, just for a bit of something different. It’ll have loads of garlic in it if I’m cooking though! 🙂
    Kay65 – Are the Quorn metballs nice? I like Quorn mince and burgers but not keen on the chicken strips.
    Missusmop – Fingers crossed for you that they manage to produce something that won’t undo your good work, 4 pounds in two weeks is a great result.

Morning all

Andrea (mrsmopp). Keep strong nextweek. you managed on holiday you can do this. Keep posting we will support you.

Minols safe journey hope mum is recovering now.

I have been back on the scales.. .. and Audrey is doing the happy weight loss dance 4lbs down.. . Don’t ask me how I am just glad it has gone.. .

I did have an upset tummy on Wed night so that may have helped.

Fast day again for me today doing Monday Wed and Fri this week and next week to help shift these pesky pounds..

Back later let’s have a good fast day today my fellow fasters

Aud x

Is that 4lb in a week?

Well done Aud! That’s great. I had a sneaky weigh-in this morning- 2lbs down so that’ll help me get through today! Hope you can do well today.
    Does anyone else get really cold? That’s almost as bad as the hunger for me at times!

No pseudonym it’s since my holidays, I am now back to my birthday weight. I had gained 4lbs and now lost it… this sometimes happen if you regain quickly I call it quick on quick off… I hadn’t done a proper fast for a few weeks was just paddling hehe..

I am back now for my restart September… my back is getting easier I have managed to walk around tesco this morning. 1st time out for a week!

Fast day going good so far.. Ian is joining me so I know I will be good! Stay strong my fellow fasters..

Aud x

Thanks Pseudonym, thanks Audrey! Yeah will keep posting next week if I get the chance. I think my best bet is a damage limitation strategy, lol.

Dragofly – hope your head feels better soon!

Kay65 – well done on your weight loss!

Keep strong everyone who is fasting today 🙂 x

How is everyone doing? We’re into the afternoon, stick with it!

Hi everyone!

Long time no speak, and lots of new faces around here. Hello 😁
    I’ve had a crazy summer – lots of parties, holidays, food, alcohol… my weight has slowly crept up and I’ve not felt like fasting in the SLIGHTEST for months. However, I’m ready to get started again and my mindset is very positive about the whole thing once more. I’ve got some new goals, and I’m gonna keep checking back for accountability (and get caught up again with you all, hopefully!).
    My main aims:
    – fast twice a week
    – lose 1 pound a week
    – keep going til Christmas
    – beat the binge!

Praying I’ll get those first few pounds off quickly after my first fast on Monday to get me motivated and off to a good start.

X

Welcome back endelion

There are a few of us restarting in Sept join us…

Cu back on Monday I am fasting again then.

Today is going great so far

Aud x

Think I’ll be with you til Christmas (well, I hope to have the willpower to stick to it til then!)
    Really looking forward to dinner tonight.
    The tour of Britain cycle race came through our village this afternoon, so went down with family to watch it- in the rain!

Pseu, thats hardly a fail but I know what you mean about aiming for zero cals and then eating something. However, there is nothing wrong with that, you did a FD, end of story! 😉 The swedish quorn meatballs are lovely. You will like them if you like the mince and burgers as they are similar but with better seasoning.

Minols, well done for staying off the sweeties on your journey. Hope your mums ok and you find something to entertain the boy on your return journey tomorrow.

Missusmop, well done with the 4lbs! Enjoy the wedding tomorrow, and maybe set yourself some boundaries next week, like dessert only if you’d had no biscuits with coffee breaks…

DF, hope your headache is gone now and you are managing to keep your calories low today.

Audrey, woohoo, well done on the 4lbs down, that definitely puts you back on track now!

Ellie, welcome back! Youve arrived in time to join me, Audrey and Pasha for a restart September to undo some of the recent ‘relaxed months’…lol!! What you up to at the moment, now that summer seems to have gone?

Keep going fasters…thats Audrey, hedgehogs, Pasha….you are on the final straight now, so stick with your plan. Its only a few hours and when youget up in the morning, its a non FD 🙂

Ive had a snacky lunch (but no breakfast) so Im about to try and punch in my food into MFP so I can get an idea on what I have to play with for later.

Ive still a way to go to get back to my lowest in March, but I’ll do it! Im determined.And this time I’ll keep it off!
    So, its T-7.5lbs to go!!

Keep going everyone!

Evening everyone

Missusmop and Aud, well done for the losses this week.

Ellie, welcome back. I’m sure you’ve had a great summer and you’re just in time to join in restart September.

Minols, I don’t envy you the drive with just the boy, I’ve been known to demand conversation when I’m driving and answer the question of ‘what do you want to talk about’ with a barely stifled scream of ‘anything!’. Hope Mum is doing well.

Kay, love the idea of a T- target. I’ll see what the scales reveal in the morning and report back.

Well today has been a bit of a struggle. I’ve not managed zero cals, but have only had water and a few cups of coffee so not too bad. Checked my emails a few times today when I felt I wanted to cave in, but managed to hold on. Bit of a tough day as the GP came and prescribed pain killers for a problem with Phil’s leg, but typically for a Friday the pharmacy can’t get hold of them until Monday afternoon. I also need to try to persuade him to get an x-ray as they want to rule out spontaneous fracture so it’s looking like a fun weekend.

Really looking forward to my porridge in the morning and then I think I may try for Monday, Wed & Friday which is what I always fasted when I was successful. Aud, is this what you’re planning for next week?

Can’t remember who else is fasting today, but not long now everyone, we’re on the home straight.

Lynne x

Afternoon All…

A roam about today and lunch out.. daughter and son in law doing hard gardening jobs.. too hard for us but if we had stayed we would of have to of helped.. thinking bad backs..

Audrey and Mrs mop.. well done on the losses..

Ellie.. welcome back., glad you are joining us again …after a busy summer, you deserved it .. lol.. glad there’s a plan in place..

Lynne…hope you get the tablets sorted for Phil..

Good luck to the fasters today nearly over and Kay on a snacky lunch..

Minols.. take care driving.. hope you find mum a bit better..we need help from your boss with Florida if you can.. I just feel for all the people…it’s going to be so so bad …

P , Hedgehog and Ellie .. keep with us and make it work for the little black dress at xmas ..lol

I will need help for October some support please 😂

Sorry if I have missed anyone..

Jean x

I have had a good day today food wise.

Lynne yes I am doing the 3 fasts again next week will be able to buddy up..

Back tomorrow I am hungry now…

Night all

Aud x

Morning, all.

Been up hours thanks to a dog with the sitters. Old dog and mum’s dog don’t really like each other, buy old dog really liked getting the same dinner as mum’s…until the early hours. Mum’s garden is beautiful by the light if the moon!

Lynn. ..hope you get Phil’s meds today. I’m going to be on an early drug run too…Mum on strong stuff for a throat infection that MUST be stopped in it’s tracks as some of the tumour they couldn’t get is close to meninges. But otherwise she’s doing really well.

Lovely to have you back, Ellie…your summer sounds FAB. What it is to be young!

We’ll, I suppose i’d better drag the duvet back upstairs and scrounge up some toast. ..I love toast and honey any breakfast but after a disturbed night it is like the food of heaven (and I have a long list of what i’m expecting to see on THAT menu!)

Mx

Hi all

Having the girls for lunch tomorrow and granny roast beef has been requested so I am cooking it today in the slow cooker.. it’s nice when they will only eat your food!

Hope everyone has a good weekend, minols and Lynne hope you both get the medication your loved ones need..

Have a good weekend everyone next fast is Monday for me..

Aud x

Minols- up early with my old dog too- can sympathise with the being out in the garden…
    Thinking of all of those caring for others too. Hope that you get everything you need to sorted out.
    I’m still keeping going on ADF; guess I’ll be on my own with that one tomorrow!!

Viewing 50 posts - 13,801 through 13,850 (of 35,428 total)

You must be logged in to reply.