Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,919 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 1 hour, 18 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 35,406 total)

• Hi celtic

Can you let me know if the husks work please, I take medication from the Dr for constipation but would love to go naturally…..

Thanks

Audrey

Totally off topic who else has dogs ? Since we moved here our Border Terrier Mouse who is 6 and Penny the Norfolk Terrier cross Lhasa 11 have started fighting. Ive never had this problem before..had dogs for about 23 years, grew up with dogs. Its seems to have been triggered by the move. Being terriers its awful coz they just dont back down and will grab each other by the throat and lock on. Mouse is being spayed in a few weeks (was due to be done earlier in year but she came into season the day before the op!). Any suggestions appreciated.

Good morning friends. x

Sounds like most of us are Fasting today. YAY.

Taking Mum back later today and Kristy will be back this evening… Hopefully another good day in the garden.

I think today will be a chicken/ Veg soup day . Have chicken left from yesterday and plenty of extra veg I can add. Going to try to have a no carbs day today with my 500.

Yay we can do this …going to keep in mind as Milena said ” Fail to plan Plan to Fail. Good motto here I reckon. Lol

Have a good day Brit lovelies… one and all. Xx

Hi Celtic just saw your post. x

I have a 3 year old Springer Spaniel… Piper. ( Mr Pips)for short.

How strange your two are acting up like that. Not an expert on dogs only had one Springer before this one.

Do you think with the move they are trying to show their dominance on the new place?

Maybe good to join a Terrier forum just to see if anyone else has encountered this problem. I know in the early days when Mr Pips was a puppy I found the Springer Forum a mind of knowledge… and lovely people all very helpful.

Hope you can get it sorted … keep us posted. What a worry they all are at times. Love them.XX

Yup, fasting day for me. I’m thinking an apple chopped into some cottage cheese at lunchtime and a mushroom and asparagus frittata for tea. I aim for under 150 cals at lunch and 250 for tea so I have enough spare for a bit of fruit at some point.

Audreyg -I have similar problems to you. I tried the husks and it didn’t really do much for me. What has worked a charm for me is magnesium citrate. I get it as a powder from Amazon – way cheaper than capsules and easier to take that way too. Lots of other health benefits from magnesium too such as improved sleep etc. Dont overdo it though or you won’t be leaving the house!

Hi priscilla

Thanks for that, I have something called Normacol from Dr. It is made from sterculia granules it says natural high fibre seems to work o.k. but is very nasty to take! I find if I mix it in some yogurt I can get it down that way then drink 2 glasses of water straight away afterwards.

Audrey

Hi all

FD for me too! Going fine..think I shall do veg soup again this eve. Really filling and makes loads for not many cals meaning I can have a square of 85% dark choc too!

Celtic..sorry can’t help re dogs fighting. We have a 12 year old border collie/terrier X. Have only had one dog at a time, so no experience re your problem I’m afraid. Hope they settle down soon..the terrier forum sounds a good place to try.

Stay positive to all fasting today 🙂

Enjoying this fab sunny weather!

Karen
    Xx

Good morning Friends. x

Yay Yay just weighed in with another 1lb lost. Well over a pound but will call it 1 with leeway for next week as I have had an extra day this week. Lol

Yippee Now = 9lbs = 6 weeks = 11st 6lbs so nice from 12s 1. So excited.

It was defiantly better not having Monday weigh looming on the week-end. Will stick with Tuesday now.

Soooo how’s everyone else doing?

A nice easy day today … not woken to sunshine hopefully it is lurking.

Tonight is fish and chips and some WINE. Lol Celebration also as Kristy has finished the job on those awful late nights at Soho Farmhouse. Going back to office temping 9-5. Will be soo much easier for me on F Days… less temptation I can go to bed. Lolol.

Hope all you Brit lovelies have a fab day whatever you are doing. Xx

Hi All

Well done Hemmy. I’m sure you are looking forward to your wine, enjoy it.

Well one fast day completed and a NFD today. Busy day as it is my last visit with health trainer. There is a new scheme out now so maybe he will put me on that as I still have a long way to go. My target was 20% weight loss for my last visit so let’s hope I make that.

Ginette

Hi Ginette x

Good luck with the health trainer today…bet you have done that target.
    Try to push for the new scheme.. if anyone deserves to qualify its you. You have worked so hard and such an inspiration to others… hope they recognise that.

Well done with your FD yesterday … Have an easier food day today.

You will be on my shoulder tonight while having my first glass of wine ( seems like an age) lol Xx

Morning all

Well done on your loss hemmy you are doing great!

I am out for lunch today then going to meet my new grandpuppy hehe Kate n Matt have got a Labrador. …. have asked if we could perhaps have a pink puppy next (baby)….

Have a great day feast or fast everyone

Audrey

Fasting today !
    Have a bad back tho so exercise is out booo! (Been dodgy since the youngest was born something as innocuous as putting myshoes on will send it crazy and have me shuffling around as if I’m 120 for weeks)

Thank you Ginette and Audrey. x

Audrey.. Give me a grand puppy anyday.Lol Have a lovely lunch. x

Jammy … sorry to hear about your back problem … just take it easy… you don’t want to be laid up with it.

Have a really good FD. x

Hi all

I have had a lovely day out, shopping and lunch out. Had cheese and onion pie + chips. That’s me done for the day food wise.

Lando the dog is lovely so cute……

Jammy I too have a back problem my sympathy to you hope you are better soon.

Audrey

Hi all

Well done on your loss Hemmy! Great loss to date 🙂 enjoy your wine this evening x

Ginette..hope the health trainer appt went well x

Audrey..glad you had a good day and lovely lunch 🙂

I went out for afternoon tea with husband and youngest daughter..yum! So I too am done with food for the day!!

Time for some housework 🙁

Have a lovely evening all x

Karen
    Xx

Good morning friends. x

A bit of a cloudy start for the day here.

Yesterday went well. Very easy on the wine last night as daughter starts new job today. Like lots of others think I will give fish and chips a miss for a while …a bit greasy now. Sounds like we were all full yesterday. Audrey’s lunch … Karen’s afternoon tea. Lol x

Although a good day still going a bit wild on the day following a fast. I must realise the stomach has shrunk.

Going to make a Gary Rhodes 3 cheese lasagne for dinner. Lovely with all the roasted veg in it.

Hope everything went well for you Ginette yesterday. x

Hope you fast busting Brits all have a wonderful day today whatever you are doing.Xx

Morning all

I agree with hemmy too much bad food all round yesterday. The cheese and onion pie I had did not sit right in my tummy so I ended up feeling Ill. It appears I can no longer tolerate the food i used to love.

I am weighing in on Fri morning after I get home but I am feeling thinner so think I have lost weight. It is difficult for me being separated from my scales as i usually hop on and off all the time!

Chicken potatoes and veg for us today hope you are all doing ok.

Still had no chocolate this month. … hoping for chocolate free September

Good luck to all fast or feast

Audrey

H All

Hi Celtic

Re the dogs I think it is probably the new territory thing and they will calm down when one has asserted authority. But as has been suggested try a terrier forum. I don’t have dogs as I live in a flat.

Hi Priscilla

Glad all seems to be going well for you, Glucomannan powders work for me, they also lower cholesterol so that is the two reasons I take them. They all are meany to help with weigh loss slowly but they make you feel full when taken before a meal.

Hi Hemmy, Audrey, Karen and welcome Jammy

Trainer was pleased, I finished up on losing 4 stone 5 lbs since I started with him and that was just over 21% loss. So although I was was obviously pleased I was hoping for 4 and a half, I know only 2lbs less but I hope to do that soon….

I will join him on another scheme at the end of the year.

Well done on the wine Hemmy, are you getting used to less of it now, I imagine your daughter may lose some weight if she is still watching her food.

Hi Jammy your back sounds really bad have you seen an osteopath? Just a thought but I know someone who had been suffering on and off for a long time, he was going through a bad period so I took him to a really good osteopath I saw when I had a frozen shoulder. He really helped him as he could hardly get out of the chair, a friend also had long term problems and I took her, she said it definetly eased and now she just goes once in a while.

Hi Audrey, yes it’s surprising how food we once ate without any problems isn’t so good now, I hope you get a lovely surprise on the scales when you get home.

Hi Karen, it sounds as iff your day went well, I love a proper afternoon tea.

I will probably be a bit intermittent as my step mother has sprained her ankle and is now on crutches so needs help for a while. I thought she may have fractured it as it blew up so quickly and she said she heard a crack, but luckily just a bad sprain.

See you all soon

Ginette

Just to

I have started to think I should get my Dr to refer me to someone about my back.. I do find it debilitating, I can walk but not bend :\
    Thanks for the well wishes all!

Successful fast at yesterday – have started having bulk of calories at the evening meal (used to spread them over lunch and dinner) and have found I get less hunger pangs doing this. Lunch yesterday was just pickled beetroot (I love pickled beetroot) ! Then some homemade veggie soup in the evening (can have a big portion if its just veg) with a tiny bit of grated cheese yum !! Food always tastes sooo good after a fast !!

Hi all

Ginette..well done on your 21%..fantastic result! Sorry to hear about your step mum..hope she recovers soon.

Hemmy..well done re going easy on the wine 🙂 enjoy your dinner..sounds fab!

Jammy..hi and welcome 🙂 Think you’re right re a GP referral. They can point you in the right direction. I go to a Bowen therapist when I have neck/upper back issues and that really works for me. Hope you get sorted soon.

Audrey..sounds like you’ve been really mindful so hope the scales are kind to you 🙂

I agree re foods that now have adverse effects or just not cutting it any more. Used to love Yorkie bars but now find them really sickly. And SO not worth the cals!! Same with fatty foods..yuk!

Have a great evening all 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Hi Ginette x

So glad things went well with your trainer. I cant believe how well you have done. Good that you can join that scheme at the end of the year. Trouble is you may not qualify the rate you are going Ginette.

Sorry to hear about your stepmother …I am sure you are a great comfort to her. x Please don’t leave us toooo long though as we need your fantastic input on the thread. x

Audrey … Yes that’s strange how tastes change here. I must learn to have a quiet day after a fast. Still at least a nice clean system today after the trauma of fish n chips. lol x

Karen… No Yorkie bars now .. how sad. Lol What are your yearnings now. I find that I yearn for soft fruits and icecream compared to cakes and heavier puddings. Nuts instead of crisps and savoury snacks. x

Jammy… Yes, see your Doc it may be a case of special exercises etc. Well done on yesterdays fast . Sounds like you have it sorted. x

Hi Celtic … Lynda … Priscilla… Milena and all… how is it going for you. x

Enjoy your evening fellow Brit lovelies XX

Hi all,

I’m having one of those stuck periods – no matter what I do I stay at the same weight ( I weigh every morning) I get times when the weight goes slowly but steadily down and times like now when I cycle up and down over the same half pound for ages. I’d love to know why! I don’t think it’s eating differently – more that my metabolism seems to slow down or speed up?

Anyway, I’m toasting my “stuckness” with a glass of wine because I’d rather do that than sulk….

Sounds like the rest of you are doing marvelously – well done all.

Hi all, not done much for the last couple of days as have finally got my reading mojo back (Ive always been a voracious reader but that stopped when Stu had the stroke: no reading, no knitting, no listening to music or anything really). Although I’ve felt guilty that we’ve not got stuff done around the house it has been bliss to be nose down in the kindle. I’ve read several Scandinavian and British police procedurals. Last night I didnt have the oomph to cook so we ended up with rustic oven chips an quorn sausages. Tonight was jacket spud, broccoli and quorn burger follwed by pan seared pineapple (with lime juice, cinnamon and low fat creme fraiche.) Just used a new griddlepan for the second time but i thinkits going back to amazon as it seems to have lots of cold spots. Odd because the other tefal pan is fine. Looking forward to another FD tomorrow.

Priscilla have you thought about not weighing everyday? Ive discovered im more likely to suceed if i only weigh in once a week so it either Friday or Saturday for me now.

Hi Priscilla x Good move to unwind with a glass of wine. I am sure you will get moving again pretty soon. How long have you been doing this WOL.

Perhaps a tweak in the meals… would help. Maybe Ginette or Audrey could suggest something for you… as they have been here a while and probably seen it done it and got the T shirt. Lol Good luck this week. x

Hi Celtic C Glad you are enjoying your reading. So absolutely the best thing in the world for relaxing and chilling out. Daughter trying to get me to be a veggie but I sort of find the meals all taste the same …. tomato .. onion .. cheese Lol I wonder if you can help convert me. Lol x

Hi Celtic

I’m getting into reading again too, not been doing it for a while, my trouble is I stay up reading all night when I do, started last night at 11, in bed, got up at 12, and went back at six, which means just 3 hours sleep. Reading Jack Teacher, onto third book, supposed to be be very good, I’m waiting for the earth to move for me, so to speak. Not happening, and worse I’m working it out straight away! Too much Agatha Christie, methinks.

Pricilla, this has happened to me constantly, over many months. At least you’re not gaining, and if you have patience, you WILL go down, and probably a good drop all at once. That’s what happens.

My personal theory is the fat is reluctant to leave, it’s been there a long long time!

Hemmy ive been veggie for over 30 years now and its over 40 for Stuart. I do get bored of having to think of things to cook and the shopping and planning but that would be the same if we werent veggie. One of the things I cooked when i first left home was lentil shepherds pie from the Delia book . Its a mix of brown lentils and puy lentils. You can make it spicey or plain but either way a pince of mace is essential. It was the one meal that was guarenteed to be eaten by the rampant carnivores with out a single squeak or whinge. Veggie food is really only limited by your imagination. Personally there are very few veg I won’t eat …the only thing I dont really like are turnips. Even then you can often disguise things by changing the way its prepped…. chop it really fine and it will prob go unoticed. We do tend to eat a lot of quorn these days …partly because its got better in the last few years. On our fast days we tend to eat free of the standard carbs like rice potatoes or pasta. Ive just asked Himself if he ever finds our food boring and he’s said nope. I struggle abit as Stu doesnt do spicey so I have to tone things down a lot. Iv’e found making my own vegetable stock adds a greater range of flavour to all the dishes its used it (as well as cutting out salt and things like palm oil).

I forgot to say a couple of the things i would be with out in the kitchen are the mandolin ( and safety gloves) ice cube bags and reusable 500ml takeaway plavtic tubs and lids…. just bought another 30 of eBay.

I think with any changes you need to give it a good 21 to 30 days to become bedded in , for old habits to be replaced and tastebuds to change.

That should have said wouldnt be without in thbe kitchen.

Good morning friends. x

Off into town shopping today … with a bit of lunch at the bakery. Will go very mindfully today though. lol Must cure these silly old habits of over indulging still occurring. So silly when its fast day tomorrow too.

Thank you Celtic x I will go through my Delia books haven’t looked at them for a couple of years. Still think I would struggle quite a lot without a bacon sarnie to look forward to. Think maybe incorporating a new veggie recipe once a week would be a good start. Something different and thought out iykwim. Enjoy your reading … life is meant to be happy. x

Hi Milena hope you and your son are feeling a lot better now. Enjoy your book too. x

Hi everyone else. x wishing you all a happy.. mindful…peaceful day whatever you are doing. Yay together we can do this Fat Busting Brits.x

Morning all,

Well we have been a busy bunch of people with our posts.

Milena it’s good to see you are still about, hope you are all getting better.

CelticCrow I am afraid I am definitely a carnivore I love my meat not too keen on veggies, but I do eat a lot of pulses and beans!

Hemmy I have been out voted for my last meal at mums the fish n chip shop has been chosen! I fear another upset tummy is on its way.

Priscilla when my weight sticks I go back to basics, I weigh everything and log it all down. Both myself and ginette are on my fitness pal app which is very good for logging down your calories, sometime when we guestimate things and don’t log it we forget things or under estimate calories. Are you doing this? I try to keep myself to 1200 kcals on non fast days rather than the 1450 TDEE on the forum, this is because when I finally reach my target weight this is the amount of calories I will be allowed. Hope this helps and it doesn’t sound as if I am preaching to you!

Audrey

Hemmy, if you like bacon look out for tempeh rashers , Tempeh is made from fermented soy bean. The rashers are lovely ..made for turning into sandwiches with lots of ketchup.

Good morning friends 🙂

Lovely sunny day here 🙂

FD for me today. I find Thurs easier than Mon as I work during the afternoon. So I am kept really busy when my stomach starts rumbling!If I can keep busy and focus on something else it soon passes.

Priscilla..I also use myfitnesspal. Good idea to go back to basics and log everything. A bit tedious I know, but it does focus the mind. I am really honest with it and if unsure overestimate instead of under. I also weigh everything on a FD. I also use my target weight TDEE and am often 100-200 cals under that for NFDs. Hope the scales move for you soon.

Have a good day all, whether fasting or feasting 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions. Food logging I’ve had spells with – my tendency is to go under rather than over. This of course may actually be the problem! I do weigh every single thing on fast days. Thank goodness for Siri on my iphone – I’m often found asking her how many calories in 127g of raw mushrooms and 60g of tomato…..

Non fast days I weigh carb and fat type items, don’t bother weighing veg.

One big factor in my weight is water retention due to my heart problems. I take diuretics for that and my weight can change by up to about 3 pounds before or after each dose. Add in my thyroid medication and it can be a question of hoping that everything is in perfect balance. Trouble is, I can’t really tell because they have to go really out of whack to show obvious symptoms.

It does get a bit frustrating at times when it all slows to nothing, but I’m keeping on plugging away. I started dieting last year with a very unhealthy and unsustainable diet that I had to ditch but got the first stone off and I’ve got another stone off with the 5:2 – have gone from a size 16 to a 12 (and even the occasional 10 in some kind shops…..) so I know that it works in the end!

My latest thing I’m trying is nutritional yeast. It’s just arrived from Amazon. I do love cheese but its way too calorific for more than a very occasional bit, but I miss cheesy flavours. Apparently this is what vegans use to create cheese flavoured sauces etc. Its packed with healthy stuff and low calorie in the quantities used. I’ll be making a cauliflower “cheese” on my next FD (Friday this week because husband is out today and needs to be able to eat normally) Anyone else tried it?

Hi Priscilla

Not tried it but it sounds good. Keep us informed as to what it’s like please.

Audrey

Hi what some busy bee Brits we are. Lol x

Just back from big shop. Not toooo much damage at lunch time. Half a bacon and sausage small bap and a square of lardy cake. .. shared between Mum and I.
    Lol bet you thought I had eaten all that on my own. lol

Audrey.. had a chuckle about the fish n chips. Looking on the bright side you could well end up with a nice clean system the next day.Lol Have safe journey home.x

Karen.. Hope your fast is going well hopefully you have the lovely sunshine with you. Even working it seems to help. I must confess at the moment I don’t weigh too much food… Just now and again. It has worked okay for me so far though I suppose doing other diets have a rough idea. Of course I am still in early weeks yet. All may change. Lol x

Priscilla I think you are doing brilliantly down to a 12/10 Like Milena said it will probably work its self out if you just keep on track. Water retention is a B. The first week I lost 4lbs that must have all been water. I did think today while walking the dog that I couldn’t remember the last time my legs and ankles ached with water. Keep us posted. x

Celtic C Thought of you today while in M&S choosing a count on us meal for tomorrows fast. Picked up veg stuffed peppers at a good cal amount. Unfortunately I ended up with their fish pie at 330 cals not a lot of leeway for the rest of the day . I reckon a boiled egg at 2pm then fish pie at 6-7 … plus leaving 100 for a bit of fruit. At least it will be a new type of fast for me with fewer carbs than normal. x

Hi Lynda hows it going with you. x

Hope you lovely Brits are enjoying the beautiful sunshine. x

Hi All

What a lot of posts, it’s a shame that SM hasn’t got the Internet. Yesterday when I got in I unusually went straight to bed. So tonight I thought I must answer some posts. Pam (SM) is starting to use her crutch better now, it can take a whi,e to get used to. As I have had to use some twice I hope I don’t need them another time!!

Thank you Karen, Hemmy, I really don’t think I shall as I have about four and a half to five stone to go. I set me target weight at 11stone so this is what I heading towards initially although it will probably be better at ten and a half stone and that will be in the healthy weight range, eleven is just over. So my next target is 15.7 which means that I would have lost half of the extra weight.

Hi Priscilla

I have been going through a stuck period but I lost last week and hopefully it may continue this week. It is really frustrating, even with 4:3 I couldn’t shift it.

I looked up nutritional yeast as I hadn’t heard of it, it is cheaper in asda than on Amazon, about half of the price, let me know how you get on and I may give it a go. Apparently according to a review it has a cheesy wotsit flavour. Anything to add variety. Watch the calories though as they tend to add up if mixed with flour, I read that you can also just sprinkle in on vegetables.

Lots of talk about vegetarian food on here, I quite like quorn and it is easy to make, I have often had meat free days. I am currently trying Tescos meat free, I can’t give a good idea on what it is like as for me the overriding taste is chilli. I shall let you know when I have a normal meal with it as I have another packet.

Hi to anyone I haven’t mentioned.

Ginette

Good morning friends. x

Hi Ginette so glad your SM is handling the crutch better now. Hopefully if she can manage to get around it will keep her mobile and better for her mentally .. Its worrying as we get older if we cant do things for ourselves. So lucky she has got you to help.

It is amazing how you have lost all that weight and still so very motivated. Reading the other threads it seems to stick a bit after a really good loss. I wonder if its the body just saying ” Hey give me a rest at this weight awhile”. Don’t laugh just a thought. x

Fast day today for me. ..anyone else. Good luck with the day lovelies whether fasting or feasting Xx

I am back home from mums safe n sound.

Have weighed in and have lost 1.5 lbs yeah!

I survived the fish n chips and cheese n onion pie my first loss for weeks I am a very happy lady. …

Have a good weekend, would you believe it I am making a stew today it’s definitely getting to be that time of the year….still without the dumplings it’s very healthy!

Keep in touch thanks for all your support

Audrey

Yay yay Audrey.. well done brilliant..fab news x Leggings getting looser by the day. Lol

Fish n chips and pies for you then. Lol

If you are fasting today have a good one. x

Hi Hemmy

Yes I am pleased with that. She is only 71 and is always really active, she doesn’t usually sit still for long, so it is hard for her. Also not being able to drive or walk to the local shop is frustrating. We are lucky to have a Tesco express on the corner, this is normally within an easy walking distance, there are a lot of bargains there as well about 4pm.

I am fasting today as well. I was thinking of getting some Aldi sesame crispbreads, they are about 32 calories each and have good reviews.

Hi Audrey

Well done, that is a great result. Yes I agree those leggings must be feeling better now. I love stew but I also love dumplings.

Did anyone watch “Eat well for less yesterday” on the BBC. They showed cooking with yeast flakes, this is the nutritional yeast. They sprinkled it on sweet potato and courgette chips which they made with a mandolin. According to the man who ate them they were lovely. These were just cooked in the oven until they were crisp.

I thought of you Priscilla and I have already put some on my next order from Asda.

Well off out in a minute so signing off now.

Have a good fast day Hemmy.

Ginette

@hemmy
    It’s true what you say – partly our bodies are on the whole genetically geared to keeping weight ON so rebels against losing and in part because (I read this somewhere I ought to keep a list of papers\research I come across) our body gets used to being at a weight and takes about 2years to become accustomed to a new weight. It’s why people ping pong up and down the same weight. After 2years at a new weight (high or low) your body thinks this is the new norm and resists change. So plateauing shouldn’t be seen as a bad thing – its your body deciding this is its new norm and if that’s LESS than it was before this is a good thing!

I have made a big pan full of stew, that is full of vegetables and beans and pulses.I have counted everything and it comes to 1250 kcals for the whole pan full!

I have bought some suet from tesco to make dumplings. If I make 8 portions of stew and put 1 dumpling in each it will work out to 237 kcals per portion!

I can have stew and dumplings tonight and its a fast day….WOW!

Hope you are all o.k. the leggings are still a bit snuggly but hopefully soon will fit great!

Audrey

Audrey – stew and dumplings sounds wonderful! Are you using the “light” suet or the regular one? I’m trying to gather up a few wintertime FD recipes and that sounds perfect.

I’m liking the recipes from here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/52

Hi priscilla

Just tesco own vegetable suet works out 157 kcal for 2 dumplings, so I will just have the one!
    I have not cut anything out of my diet just cut down on amounts seems to work for me…

The stew smells fantastic ?

Audrey

Feedback on the nutritional yeast – (we ate early because we were really hungry today!)

Well, it was quite a success. I made a cauliflower “cheese” and added a tin of chopped tomatoes for extra colour and flavour.

Sauce was 400ml semi skimmed milk (200 cals) 50g cornflour (108 cals) 10g nutritional yeast (34 cals) mixed and brought to a boil. Added a tin of chopped tomatoes (94 cals) and mixed in 400g of cauliflower (100 cals) that I had cooked separately. This made 2 really big plates of food and was really very tasty. Total cals 536, so 268 per portion. Could cut down the amount of sauce – it was more than needed really.

It tasted good – we both enjoyed it. I tried the sauce before adding the tomatoes and it had a pleasant savoury flavour – not exactly cheesy but nice. I liked it better after adding the tomatoes though. I think this will be a useful ingredient and I’m told that people get really addicted to the flavour. (Don’t think I’d enjoy a yeast flake and pickle sandwich though………….!)

Hi Audrey

That sounds lovely especially on a fast day.

Hi Priscilla

Thanks for the update it sounds lovely, I can’t wait to try it. I am intrigued by it. I will let you know what I think.

Ginette

Good morning friends x

Sooo glad yesterday is over. Lol Not my best F day yet.

Decided to wait till 2pm for my 2 boiled eggs … I had planed on 1 then leaving leeway for fruit later.
    Come 2pm after an hour n half dog walk and mowing the lawns .. I was so hungry hence the 2 eggs. Well after that felt sickly .. never eaten eggs alone before.

Anyway … okay and then, had my M&S fish pie to look forward to at 7pm . Well at £4 (as a treat) not really impressed …quite filling but a tad mushy. Really missed my fruit.

Soooo back to my bits and pieces of toast .. cheese … omelette fruit. That’s what seems to work for me. .. which is the way to go I guess.

Upside good result on the scales this morning. Lolol

How did everyone else do. That stew and dumpling sounded fab Audrey.x

Ginette I will look for those Aldi seeded crisp bread. I have a feeling I have had them before and really liked them. Hope your day went well. x

How is everyone else getting on. Celtic and Stu… Karen .. Lynda.. milena .. Priscilla …Jammy… and anyone else.x

Thanks for that info Jammy .. I wasn’t going mad then. lol x

Having an easy day today hopefully a nice bit of reading.

Hope everyone has a lovely day and you and yours are well. Together here.. we are a verrrry strong force. We have secret weapons ( Ginette and Audrey) Yay.x

Yay we can do this Brit Fast friends.x

Morning hemmy

Each 1 of us find our own way of fasting, I find once I start to eat I just don’t want to stop! I tend to wait as long as possible before I eat or just have a liquid day and at the end of that treat myself to a hot chocolate drink just before bed. Sounds like you have found your own way to survive the dreaded fast day!

My stew and dumplings was lovely I actually made 10 portions so comes out at 130 per bowl plus the dumplings 80 kcal each!

Have a great weekend I have grand children are arriving tomorrow so am making cottage pie mix now so I can play when they get here!

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 35,406 total)

You must be logged in to reply.