Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,910 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,051 through 22,100 (of 35,397 total)

• HH get on the scales and be brave like me,I am looking at getting a Renault capture,not had a Renault before,it’s only a tiny engine, something like 0.9but has a turbo boost,so is powerful when needed.My mate who is a driving instructor has got a Renault Clio from the same place,it was him that told me about them.I wanted one a little bigger than a Clio.Fast day today and up early too,may go and book holiday today,gym later but Wednesday gym session is cancelled,just got a text saying so.

Dave- have fun shopping for cars & holidays! I might try the scales tomorrow morning, I’m not as brave as you!
    Jean- safe journey & hope you soon get set up.
    Took Xena for a walk & played with doggy friends at the park, then I took her to my friend’s to see her autistic girl as she usually loves dogs…she enjoyed watching Xena do some tricks but didn’t want to play with her like she did before. Xena had fun meeting their guinea pig though!
    Just had a cereal bar for lunch, not too hungry.

Holiday booked,two weeks All inclusive to Cyprus in September.Hope the airport is sorted out by then.

That’s great, Dave…did sneak on the scales- eek, 5lbs on! Hopefully should come off in a couple of weeks of fast800, if I can stick to it!
    Xena is worn out by all the excitement, so have washed the kitchen floor; my friend from Ireland was supposed to be coming tomorrow so I needed to do some cleaning, but her daughter is poorly so they couldn’t travel 😞 hopefully she’ll be better soon & they can rebook the ferry.

HH 5lbs is very good 😶only a quarter of what I put on🤐😜.The gym was a killer today, thankfully she is away on Wednesday and Thursday so I can have a rest.Speedway tonight against Swindon Robin’s.I will see if I can put the cars on here so you can see them,not sure I can but will try.

Evening All..
    All set up and sites lovely.. all set up to water mains and waste, so Steves pleased no jobs for him to do 😂

Just been down to the beach so lovely but a tanker has off loaded palm oil, and the tide is bringing it in and it’s dangerous for dogs so walked on a lead not quite the same 😱

After we have eaten going on the riverside for a walk not the same as the forest.. see where we can take him locally..

More ticks this morning one walking on him and another large one hooked on between his paws.. I got my de-hooker out and got it out…loads crawling on the front of caravan this morning proves you don’t have to be in woods!

Funny not fasting today.. good luck to you all today. who’s fasting..

Dave..
    Lovely you have got booked and something to look forward too.. enough time to get the weight off…just thinking.. what about gaffer tape across your mouth 😱

Hedgehog..
    Eek 5 lbs on…goodness knows what we are 😬..shame on your friends daughter being ill.. you would have been looking forward to seeing your friend..

What did Xena think to the guinea pig?… we will have loads of ducks about here, new to the boy.

Jean x

If I put 20lbs on doing bed and breakfast,what will I gain being all inclusive,maybe get my teeth welded together 🤐🤐🤐.Just time to take Heidi out before speedway.I tried to put the cars on but no joy.

Dave- I was only away for 4 days, although had nearly a week off keto 😱
    I don’t think I could cope with all inclusive, I would end up looking like a battleship! The breakfast buffet was bad enough when we went to Canada!
    Jean- eew all those ticks…haven’t seen any on Xena. Hope you find somewhere to let Charlie off.
    Early dinner for us, going out to help with village litterpick soon.

Ticks – noooo, i’ll never find them in his long golden coat.

Just done run 12. Now to attempt week 5, although that’s supposed to be on Wednesday which is the same as Pilates, but I can’t move it to Thurs cos I’m travelling both ends of the day. Same on Friday. Hmm maybe first thing? Doesn’t sound appealing, I’m more of a slow start with a coffee sort of person.

Right time to make tea, gammon steak and 1/2 baked potato.

I’ve even had a bottle of water today. My throat felt a bit dry before a work call so I had it to hand, then without realising I’d finished it in the afternoon.

Diet, water, exercise!

Who is this person and where is the real Cakey??

Jean, you sound all settled on your second site. Enjoy the walks, Im sure there will be plenty of alternatives to the forest and hopefully not as many ticks around! I think Ellie only ever had 1 on her. Yukkie things.

HH, did you enjoy St Ives? Its been a long time since visiting there. I think you chose a good time to go, before it gets packed out.

CW, glad you still doing your C25k, hopefully you will fit your run in somehow this week.

Dave, Im sure you will get most of those pounds off soon. Are you restarting 5:2?

Minols, are you still following the C25k?

Ive signed up to a free 5 day challenge on FB by a body coach (or whatever he is) who is local here to see if I can kickstart my weight loss again. There doesnt seen to be very much in the challenges except for drinking loads of water and only eating 3 times a day (max) with no snacks, but we are asked to keep track of how we are doing, so it makes you feel accountable.

Quite tired as been quite busy with work and Im still walking Billy. We went on the beach again today, bless him, he loves it, playing fetch the ball!

Kay x

Fast day gone alright today.Feel stiff after the exercising this afternoon,so pleased we are not doing it again this week.We won at speedway so a happy bunny.Two world cups coming up, women’s football and men’s cricket 😁😁.

Kay- it’s lovely that Billy is enjoying the beach! Hope the body coach thing is helpful- are you doing 5:2 or fast800 at the moment?
    Cakey- very impressive, the new you! Did your hubby & work colleagues recognise you?! Hope you can fit in the runs, very hard when you’re working long days!
    Dave- lots of sport coming up for you to watch, good bit of rest inbetween the exercise classes & bowling! Good you won the speedway!
    Jean- hope you enjoy the nice weather!
    Minols- hope you’re okay & not working too hard…
    Lovely day here- was hoping to get in the garden but we have training with Xena, then need to do some shopping, & training again tonight, the hoopers class.

Going bowling for the first time when I have had a cuppa,got my new bowls so they will take a bit of getting used to,also not played since the 60s so should be interesting.

Afternoon All..
    Forgot to post this morning…we went out and found a local dog walk about 1 hour 10 min.. Steve just managed it.. had to walk on a busy road which wasn’t great to get to it.. a lovely walk along the river.. and er yes Charlie fell half in and got very wet 😬

We did a circular drive around the broads which was nice and had lunch too.. back now for a few hours before we go out for our evening walk in Potter Heigham.

Dave ..
    Goodness A1 if it’s a good one will be a nightmare…you only live once. Hope all your stiffness goes…

Cakey..
    Well done on all the running and water.. I am walking and drinking red wine, not quite the same 😂 but nice..

Kay..
    As we got on the walk this morning a lady said watch out for ticks and fleas.. loads about😬

Lovely you can walk on the beach and Billy enjoys it..hoping to find one tomorrow for a beach run..

Hedgehog..
    What is Hoopers?.. enjoy your class and your litter pick up ..a very well done..

Well settle for a wine and read.. it’s all hard work 😂

Jean x

Back from bowling and did the shopping,I was walking around Sainsbury’s like a Zombie 😁.I feel very stiff now so not looking forward to tomorrow.I did 2 hours bowling.Not a fast day today, having cod and Jersey spuds.Nit took Heidi out yet so will have to take her soon.

Jean- if you look at hoopers on YouTube you can see it- basically it’s an easy agility, running the dogs round through hoops & round cones. It’s no jumping so good for younger dogs or older ones.
    We’ll see how she does, I just went to watch last week as she’d gone to the dog sitters. She was brilliant at the dog training, did really well!
    Did shopping, asked mum if she wanted anything & she came out with a big list- she’s not doing any by herself now, relying on us or sis. Think maybe we shouldn’t ask her in future, she needs to keep doing as much as possible for herself! Or does that seem mean? Then days when she has nothing to do she gets bored & wants us to come round to play games with her!
    Goung to eat when we get home, just a salad.

Xena did well, after first runnibg off to see Nick & then all the other dogs(!), better than some of the dogs who were there last week! I’m shattered, she’s pretty worn out too!

Hedgehog..
    Sounds like Hoopers will knock the calories off you 😂.well done on the training session..she will put Charlie to shame…

I think you have to let your mum do as much as she can.. it’s use it or loose it..more she lets you and sis do things, more she will let you. Play it by ear and see what you both think.

Going to Cromer and Sheringham tomorrow, crab for me, looking forward to that..beach maybe for Charlie somewhere near…

Dave..
    Hope you are feeling easier..

Jean x

Morning All..

Started off lovely now the clouds arriving in.. up very early and already to leave just waiting for Steve… poor Charlie I think he is really shattered, these early mornings up and out for his walking and all the new smells is taking it out of him..he doesn’t sleep in the car just small naps…

Off to Cromer hope it’s not too cold on the coast..

Jean x

Hope you have a lovely day Jean! Not sure where you can take dogs on the beach round that area, Wells & Holkham are brilliant sandy stretches but a bit further round. I think the south/ east end of Sheringham is okay, if the tide’s out, & west runton is okay for dogs, thete’s a car park & cafe on top of the cliff there…hope you see this in time!!

Good morning all,I feel better than I thought I would 😊,nice and sunny here today, I will vacuum the car and clean it and maybe look at another car tomorrow.Its a fast day today so will check what food to have possibly bacon and tomatoes,have a good day .

I must admit when we traveled to Lanzarote,the airport parking and check-in was brilliant.From pulling up at car park to clearing security it took less than 15 minutes.I drove up to car park, they take a picture of your car then the barrier opens,next you drive in and they say park virtually 100 yards from the airport,you hand your key in and are already on the correct floor for departures.Next you walk over to weigh your suitcase,out it on the scales,it then prints your label that you put on your case,next we walked to security this took the longest about five months minutes.Then the flight was delayed for four hours😖😞😟,that was a problem with the plane not the airport.

Afternoon All..
    Cromer was a bit of a disaster very flat and empty.. Sheringham much busier and nicer, I like it better… I never remember which one I like until I get there..

The beach is not for Charlie this holiday .. just not working out.. it was high tide…also the palm oil is on there too, signs everywhere very dangerous for dogs!

We are back on site, Charlie seems very tired so having a quiet afternoon, he might just have a short local walk.. see how he is later..

Hedgehog..
    Thanks but missed your post.. difficult due to the palm oil. We did a cafe in Sheringham nice walk around.

Jean x

Feeling hungry now,bacon and tomatoes and eggs😋😋😋.Car vacuumed and cleaned.I will see what they offer me for it tomorrow with a bit of luck.I have to have an assessment at pars tomorrow morning,9-30am😝 then all being well will go and look at cars.

Morning all!
    Shame about the beaches, Jean, must’ve missed it on the local news while we were away last week, not heard anything! Have a good day today!
    Dave- hope your FD went okay & enjoy car hunting!
    Yesterday was very busy with jobs & feeding both boys who were about all day! Xena seems more settled now, she had a good walk & then slept for a while! Mum came for dinner last night as well.
    Seem to have lost 3lbs already, water weight now I’m back on keto! Did very well until last thing when my willpower failed! Hopefully stronger today!

Morning All..
    Beautiful morning sat outside both sat in PJs not a pretty sight 😂.. good job we are spaced out..

Having a lazy day around site but may go out this morning, boy needs his walk and we need chicken for his dinner later.. going out for a meal tonight then moving on tomorrow to Suffolk..

Hedgehog..
    I will speak to you tomorrow and see what you have planned over the holiday which I had forgot .. the forest sounds good if we can fit it in, Mum and sis too I don’t mind.. Steve only walks slow and not far 40 mins or so.. good news on the 3 lbs off the first bit always moves quick.. I think Charlie has put a bit on so that must mean us too 😂.. you always sound so busy with the boys..

Dave..
    Hope you can find a car…

Have a good fast day..missing mine

Jean x

I have just come back from my PARS assessment,they are pleased and have put me on another three months exercising.Been to vote too.The ballot paper was very long, pity the raving looney party wasn’t on.I wonder what will happen at a general election.Another fast day today.I bought a sea bass and will try that on Friday, Heidi will be the recipient if I don’t like it.

Traded my car in and bought a Renault Clio,two months old but got two thousand knocked off the price, it’s done 11 miles plus it’s coming from Tadcaster.Denise sat in an identical car and was happy so I got it,think it will come next Thursday.Might take up their offer of insurance,if anything bad happens in the first three years I get a new car,I would have to cancel my existing insurance and rac,not sure how that works.

Dave- well done getting a new car! Is it Gap insurance you’re getting? That’s well worth the money. It just tops up what your regular insurance would pay.
    Good you can keep doing the exercise classes! Hope you like the sea bass, I’m sure Heidi will love it if you don’t!
    Jean- I think you’ve earnt a lazy day! Packing up again tomorrow then?! How long are you in Suffolk for? I keep forgetting it’s the bank holiday too! We’re around Saturday or Monday& Tuesday.
    All went well foodwise until this evening- I’d put what I was going to have in the freezer by mistake & hubby suggested a Chinese…oops 😵😱

Hello

Run 13 done or week 5 run 1 as it’s known. I actually enjoyed it. Hope I’m not boring people on here, I know this is a 5:2 forum but the couch to 5k forums don’t seem very friendly. Def not welcoming for unfit newbies.

Peach for breakfast and a snack of mini cheddars at some point. I did the same yesterday so turned it into an unplanned fast day with just an egg scrambled (no toast). Feel like I need something tonight though but not inspired.

Off to Manchester tomorrow before lovely long weekend.

Make good choices as my youngest would say… with a slight tongue in her cheek

Sorry I meant to say – do any of you get the Gardeners World magazine? In this months issue you get a 2 for 1 card which gives entry to dozens of gardens etc. For example we’ve got a trip to the Eden project later in June and that’s included so only one will pay. I think it saves something like £27 just for that one visit. The card lasts a year and so many places included – def worth a look for days out.

There’s also an offer for 40 free lavenders, just need to pay £5.95 postage. Not sure what they’ll be like and expect them to be quite tiny but I’ve ordered some to grow on for next year as I like to replace mine every few years. Eldest daughter also looking to plant a lavender hedge and mother in laws are looking a bit woody.

Anybody been watching Chelsea flower show? Have caught up each night. I love it. We went once a few years ago.

CW

Morning all!
    Cakey- sounds like you’re doing really well! Lots of lavenders to find homes for- mine are looking a bit woody too, I do love them! Never been to Chelsea, & not had a chance to watch any, but I should do…hope your travelling day goes well & enjoy the long weekend!
    Am definitely going to stick to 800 today! Have a friend comibg this morning, but we don’t usually do cake, so that’s okay!

Morning All..
    A beautiful day too nice to move.. only 50 miles away..we will miss being on water mains.. Charlie will miss the large garden/paddock.. see what the next site brings…

We have had 10 days of wonderful weather maybe two days wasn’t so good but they are forgotten 😂.. shame on the palm oil on the beach here no good for Charlie ..

Dave..
    You sound like you have a good deal with the car.. when do you get it?

Cakey..
    You are really doing well with all the running.. I think I could of have enjoyed it when I was younger.. when is the run, you must of said is it getting close?

Peaches around.. I do like them on a salad…the lovely french donut are so sweet..

No green fingers here..

Hedgehog..
    Shame on everything going in the freezer.. easy done..we are 5 nights in Walpole..leaving Wednesday am.. speak later 😁 hoping we can organise something..

Jean x

I hopefully get the car on Thursday,not sure about GAP insurance,it costs over £400.Never heard of it before,not sure if it’s 400 per year or for 3 years.Its keyless entry so I will look for a case to put the “key” in,I know all about it being scanned by thieves,I have a wallet that’s protected from scanning.Trying to sort out 7 days free insurance while I change over on my insurance.

Forget the scales were kind today,I lost over half a stone😁.

Afternoon All…
    Just settling in.. we have had lunch.. the awning to go up yet….we were first here but the site will be full by tonight.

All looks well not had a look around yet.. it’s very hot..

Dave ..well done on your half stone off.. that’s a good start..

Jean x

Dave- well done on the weight loss, that’s brilliant! Gap insurance is the one payment.
    Jean- hope the site is nice, it has been really hot today! How did Charlie manage?
    Have got a bit sun burnt & got the hideous prickly heat rash again; sat outside with my friend, we had a good catch up. Ended up shopping in the afternoon, more chews for Xena, new bathroom light & some more food…tried to get in the new Aldi but the car park was full, had to go to Tesco- the lady on the till said they were £100k down the first week when the Aldi opened!
    Nearly got hit by a car when we walked Xena- someone lost control of their car on the roundabout & swerved all over the road, scary! & she ran to hubby at the park this morning, went into him & knocked him right over, so eventful walks!

Just the one payment,thanks for the info, it’s over £400 but I suppose if anything happens in the first three years it would be worth it.Think I will continue with the 4-3.

Hedgehog..
    It’s been really hot.. we are in a sheltered paddock. Chatting to a few people seem to be a friendly lot.
    The car sounded very scary good job all was well in the end..
    Hope your sun burn is not too sore, put some cream on..
    Hope to catch up if we can.

Jean x

Morning All..
    A lovely day again before the rain arrives tomorrow..there is a fishing lake nearby, hoping to park the car if we can find it and do a bit of a walk..

Looking forward to meeting up with hedgehog and her hubby for a walk in a forest pm..very much a Charlie day!…. and Xena ..

We are about half way through our holiday it seems like a long one… tagged another two days on the end to go to Clumber Park, another favourite of ours..makes 20 days away…then back home for a rest.. Charlie seems quite tired, sleeping late in the morning now which is nice..he was chasing two Hares yesterday gave them a good run.. he gave up in the end..

Have a lovely bank holiday..
    Jean x

Sun and clouds here today, waiting to here when my new car will be delivered then I can get in touch with insurance,think I may take the gap insurance.Food day today and tomorrow then fast days Monday Wednesday and Thursday.We watched Davina McCall on this morning TV show,she cooked a chicken breast with a lemon marinade and new potatoes,had that last night,it was gorgeous, definitely having it again.

We were out early to a car boot- left Xena at home, but got her some new cuddly toys & a blanket, plants & a book for me!
    Made some cookies in case we have a picnic later 😉, dog treats ready for Charlie 🐶🐶

Hedgehog…
    A big thank you for taking us on the forest walk.. a lovely welcome..good that Charlie and Xena got on so well.. a gorgeous girl..
    Must try and catchup next time on our round trip.. this way ..unless Yorkshire calls ..

Jean and Steve x

Xena had enough energy for a short game with her new toys, & ‘helped’ in the kitchen when I cooked dinner, otherwise has been fast asleep! We had a lovely afternoon too, thanks for coming to meet us! Hope you don’t have to walk Charlie again!
    Dave- forgot to ask, did you like the sea bass?

HH I’ve not had it yet,it’s in the freezer.Horrible weather here today very windy and rainy☔. Just got soaked taking Heidi for a walk.Roast chicken tonight so Heidi will be pleased,she has the legs and wings for her dinner mixed with dry food.

Hi All…
    Very hot here 25 degrees.. getting dull now as rain expected…

We have had coffee and a cream tea at Southwold this morning and a walk around, then a walk on the beach near Aldeburgh .. a bit busy so we may go back Tuesday..Charlie taking buckets and running away oops 😂

Dave..
    Having a roast chicken dinner ourselves so joining you..😂

Hedgehog..
    Have a good day with mum…

Jean x

Watching F1,I won’t say anything about it though.Stopped raining now but only 14°C and still windy.

Dave- hope your roast is good!
    Jean- naughty Charlie!😱 😂. Hope your roast is goid too!
    Been very humid here- took coat in case of showers walking to Church, it stayed lovely, so didn’t bother when we walked Xena- got soaked! Son came home from work, had an eventful day as a customer crashed the car when they were on a test drive! They went into the back of someone, only a minor bump but the other driver said they had neck pain, so police, ambulance & fire brigade came!
    Pulled pork for their dinner soon, & have made keto & normal cheesecake, yum!
    Hope everyone else is okay & enjoying the bank holiday weekend!

Hello

Hh hope your son ok, was he in the car at the time? Sounds like he kept a cool head.

Sounds like a lovely holiday Jean. We went to Southwold last year, it was lovely.

Well done on the half a stone down Dave!

Minols, Kay – hope you’re both having good weeks.

I’m a little pound down. I haven’t lost very much but think the running is changing my shape. My size 12 summer dresses are fitting well, I’m so pleased. A couple of my friends from Pilates said they would come running with me, we are all beginners, so we’ve been a couple of times now and another neighbour joined us this morning. The social aspect is lovely and makes it such fun. I had a months head start doing the couch to 5k so we are going to repeat a few weeks until everyone catches up. I’m quite happy with that as it will build my fitness. I already feel stronger and I can go faster.

The exercise making me eat a bit healthier too as I don’t want to undo the good work. On holiday countdown, so excited.

Lovely afternoon gardening, even though I had to dodge the showers then visited mum and dad. All the planting out finished. It looks a treat.

And another day off tomorrow – yay

CW

You’ll soon be in the Olympic team cakey😁.Can’t even run for a bus these days.Chicken was good, Heidi enjoyed hers.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,051 through 22,100 (of 35,397 total)

You must be logged in to reply.