Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 10 hours, 33 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,101 through 21,150 (of 35,400 total)

• Morning!
    Jean- wow, that’s brilliant news! Hopefully when Minols is back you can get some Scottish speaking tips for Archie/ Charlie, lol! I hope that he settles well with you, did you get given all his stuff, or do you need to go out for lots of things? I’m sure the family were upset that he was going, that must’ve been hard…
    Dave- glad you enjoyed the match even though they lost, & hope the chicken was good.
    Have to see mum to sort out the burial of Dad’s ashes- it can go ahead now, but the stand in vicar is only here for another week, new one won’t start for another month, mum wants to try & get it done this week! She’s getting quite upset over it so would be goid to get it done….
    Fasting today, anyone else?

Morning All…
    Lovely day here off for Charlie’s bits and pieces, new family, new name..

The owner was very upset when we took him, he lost his wife in November ( her dog) and he suffers from depression taking him in and out of hospital so the Charlie was passed out to different members of his family. So a hard decision but the right one. He is very lovable and obedient er nearly, haven’t heard him bark yet, he cries if he wants something and stares at me for his walk, we are getting turned in to him…So very good and very energetic, has a mad 30 mins then settles to sleep. He lived in a first floor flat so loves the garden ours it’s small but better then nothing and he can’t escape too….he ran like a whippet last night.
    A learning kerb for us all…all three slept together last night, when he relaxed and put his snout on my neck to go to sleep, he was pushed to the bottom..leeway hoping to get him in his own bed….my cream duvet doesn’t work with dogs and coloured duvet doesn’t work with Steve ( his bleeding) !!

Hedgehog..
    Hoping you can get Dads ashes sorted nice before the vicar leaves…got to sort the house out what a load of things we have for him…a shift of cupboards if I can…😂

Dave..
    Trying to get a good picture, he is camera shy, doesn’t like my phone…see what I can do…

Well walkies…I keep getting the look 😂

Fasting today..

Jean x

Jean, how exciting!! It sounds like Charlie is already settling in! How did you hear about him?

Dave, it seems like you are managing on lower calories each day. Are you still planning FDs?

HH, hope you get to sort out your dads ashes this week rather than wait.

We havent done that much over the weekend, although we have started pottering around in the garden and tidying. The grass has had a second cut already! Sorry if you are reading this Mstar..lol!
    We both worked on Saturday. Im just picking up some self employed cleaning at the moment but still looking around for permanent work.
    Ive had a very bad 3 days on the eating and drinking front! Ive gone back to the NFDs as being licence to go OTT rather than just eat to TDEE. That has to stop otherwise I will undo the good work Ive done. Ive had too many carbs and eating throughout the day, so back to it today. Nothing til this afternoon and no carbs!

Cant wait for update on Charlie!! I’m interested to know how he is as Dalmations are on my list!

Jean- so exciting, never had a rescue dog, but I guess it will be a while for you all to get to know each other…sleeping on your bed?!! Have fun & enjoy the walks!
    Kay- I’m not doing very well nonFDs too… Hope you get some regular work soon, enjoy the garden!
    Have had a frustrating morning-spent a while trying to get info on activities for my HS family for our visit this week (half term so normal groups not on!), let her know & she has something else on now, needn’t have bothered!! Trying to get things sorted for mum, gone round in circles, she’d made a phone call herself & got even more confused about it! Now have to wait in this afternoon for another call 😣 Could be annoyed enough to comfort eat, but I shall try & stay strong!

Fast day today,just took Heidi out and start my exercising at three pm.I just got a text from Ruby/NHS reminding me to turn up😅. Heidi hates having her picture took😁. When my mother passed away she always said she wanted her ashes released on the Moors so she could blow around in the wind.I still have my dad’s ashes, don’t know what to do with them.Still going to do fast days but stay low on non fast days,not had any bred or butter since I got weighed, will have bred tomorrow then non until Friday after weigh-in.

Afternoon All…
    Goodness were has the time gone..bought a bed and a new expandable long lead, vet check tomorrow…we have never had so many phone calls..if lonely buy a dog 😂…he keeps me on my toes..next walk in a hour!
    Hoping we can get him to sleep on his bed, a cat got his nose this morning a bit of blood not too bad and followed us attacking, I chase it with a tree branch…

Kay..
    We found him on line, only about half a dozen about other than puppies, his nature is so lovely and very loving, he gets upset if you tell him off. He talks to us and smiles which is nice.

You did so well last weigh in, I am hoping to follow you this week 🤞

Hedgehog..
    I thought a three year would be a bit quieter but he is still like a puppy..first time I have sat down today…he is very good in the car, we left him while we went shopping, he went asleep.

Dave..
    Still waiting for a good picture..as soon as I go near him he thinks I am playing…

Sorry all fur baby talk…it will calm down…fast day going well…

Jean x

Exercising was good,we have an American lady taking us,she said at the end she has put her phone number on my card in case I need anything.Worn out now but got to take Heidi out again.Fast day going well up to now.We are having a carpet fitted on Wednesday so may not be able to go to exercising on Wednesday afternoon.

Good looking dog Jean, quiet big, Heidi loves a tennis ball and a squeaky toy.

Dave…
    Looks better when his ears are perky..puts them down when I take the photo…lol

Glad the excerise went well…then Heidi on top

Finished for the day…daughter coming up tomorrow with grandson, see how we go..

Jean x

Heidi turns her head when I try to get a picture 😁

Hello

So excited Jean by your happy news, he sounds just right and I’m sure he’s going to fit in just fine, bringing you love and lots of fun.

Well done to the successful tasters today, I’m still getting the gluten back under control and getting there. Have tried some lovely recipes over the last couple of weeks and making much more effort to cook. It’s all in tr planning.

My woof doesn’t mind his photo being taken, in fact I’m sure he knows and poses for it.

Had a lovely day off on Friday, no special reason than holiday to use up by the end of March. Went for brunch and a run on the beach in the sunshine with woof. It was a lovely day and even though it was just one day off, felt like a longer break over the weekend.

Nights are getting lighter, it’s so lovely being able to walk in daylight after work. Was cold today but fkredast for the weekend sounds good.

CW

Dave- hope you don’t ache too much tomorrow! Was your back okay in the end? Doing ashes can be a pain, I’d be happy with mine being scattered on a beach or the forest where we walk.
    Jean- sounds like Charlie will wear you out!! Does he walk well on his lead or does he pull? Would definitely recommend a kong toy, you can stuff them with food & it keeps them quiet for a while! Stuffed Xena’s this morning with cream cheese & scraps of turkey so I coukd get the ironing done…
    Kay- hope your fasting has been okay?
    Got a date for the ashes sorted, turns out the vicar is about for another couple of weeks. Had some shopping to do & some clearing out, popped in to mum’s again so the day has whizzed by, had a hot chocolate with almond milk & sweetener which has hit the spot!

Rejoining the fishing club tomorrow,it will involve drinking dirty beer😮😮😮.first drink outside since middle of August.And possibly another night out joining speedway supporters club😮😮😮😮😮😮.

Charlie is a handsome boy Jean, well done on the photos. Ellie was the same as Dave’s dog Heidi, she would turn her head away as soon as I got took aim with a camera.

Have been ok today and should be under my 800 cals today. Ive done a few exercises too! Neil and I have downloaded phone apps to get us doing something every day! My back did protest at one point but it feels ok now.

HH, glad you and your mum have been able to sort out your dads ashes. Must be a relief.

Ive finally got round to sending a tiny bit of ellies fur I saved to a jeweller in Salford who is going to include it in a resin pendant. Hopefully it wont take her long and then I can wear it on my own chain which I wear all the time.

I have an interview tomorrow, buts it only for 1 day a week, but with chance of extra hours. Housekeeping at a local hotel who have rooms.
    And Im working on Wednesday morning doing a holiday let changeover. It gives me a bit of money.

Neils back on earlies tomorrow, up at 3.30am so will be going to bed at 9. I may go up too but will tootle around on my tablet or read.

Evening All…
    I seem to have been busy all day..painting has been side stepped at the moment..definitely getting my steps in 13,500 today even running a few of them phew!

He loves the garden, he’s just been out for a hour playing and running, we keep popping by to chase and play but I do draw the line in the pitch black!…fast asleep now..

Cakey..
    Lovely to have you pop by…back to your gluten recipes again..hope you get it back under control…always nice to have Friday off makes a lovely weekend…we are a bit far from the beach, 30 miles but that sounds lovely with the dog…we have found a local fenced field where we can excerise him off lead £7 for half a hour, a bit expensive but get rid of his energy occasionally..with kennels there too..we need 4 nights in July for him, we have a holiday already booked, the kennels have three dalmations of their own so they know the breed…scatty springs to mind 😂

Hedgehog..
    Good the vicars about a bit longer and it’s all sorted….I think we might have those food toys..hard plastic with holes in..I will have to see what food he likes to nibble at, maybe good when painting!…vets tomorrow for check up..

Dave..
    Dirty beer that’s a long time…it won’t hit the sides hope it’s a good pint….

Kay..
    Must try for some photos when he has perky ears 😂…he is so loveable…see if I can get more of the bed tonight!..I have found a cover to keep the duvet clean…hoping he might go on his bed, but doubt it..😬

Lovely idea of the fur into a necklace….a lovely keep sake….good luck on your interview…

Pseu..
    Where are you?…you are missed

Jean x

Morning All..
    Lovely morning, blue sky..

Daughter and grandson coming for a visit about 11am…need to be sorted about then…hair dry and walk…scales have been up over the weekend but going back down this morning…

Keeping low all week 800 or 500 seeing how we go..

Steve faffing in garage lots of jobs to re build his bike..

Have a good day..summer is on its way..😀

Jean x

Jean – you can’t check in on a morning and not give us news of Charlie!

How did he sleep, did he like his bed? Did he eat his breakfast?

We are all excited for news as to how he’s settling in.

Well done on the downward trend this morning.

CW

Morning all…
    Jean- haha, no lazy starts for you any more! Have a good day with your daughter & grandson, well done with the scales going lower…There are lots of home boarders for dogs nowadays if you don’t want Charlie in kennels, but if the ones you’ve found have Dalmatians that’s good. A shame Max & Charlie can’t meet!
    Kay- the pendant sounds a lovely idea, they can do it with ashes too, but no idea how much that costs…hope your interview goes well.
    Dave- enjoy your evenings out, hope you’re okay after the exercise.
    Cakey- so hard for you to be organised & sort new recipes with the travelling you do! The day off sounded good. How’s your mum doing?
    We’re doing training with Xena & have cooking to do for the boys, not sure what else, but a lovely day hete!

Up early for me,I feel ok,not really any aches and pains other than normal ones.Jean take a video of doggie and then take a screenshot from the video, that’s how my son gets pictures of Heidi.I will be over my TDEE today with cobs at lunch and beer tonight so I hope it doesn’t undo allowed my good work this week.

Just listening to 60s music on my echo show before we go shopping,I asked Alexa to play The Swinging Blue Jeans,not heard them for a long time.Had the Mersey beats too.I hope they still have my cobs in Sainsbury’s, drooling 😋😋.

Dave- hope the beer & cobs don’t mess up your weigh-in!
    Dog training was such a laugh- a lady who comes with a giant labradoodle (which is lovely but not very well behaved!) also brought her 3 children & her mum’s very large ‘lassie’ collie- her dogs were all over the place at times, & liked my treats better than hers, so kept coming over to me, Xena loved her children so kept going off to see them, & the very well behaved mini schnauzer kept completely out of it doing was it was supposed to do! Poor Xena was shattered by the end as the boys were around this morning & played lots with her, so she’s gone to sleep. Got chili made for the boys, hubby’s hair cut, floor washed & dried…& can’t be bothered to do any more cleaning!
    FD was good yesterday & didn’t eat until lunchtime, determined not to overdo it today, jeans are getting tighter 😞

Took the old carpet up and all the grippers and took to the tip.Took a door off so all ready for carpet fitter tomorrow,got to take the sofa out so hope it doesn’t rain,new sofa’s could be a few weeks away yet.Listening to 50s rock and roll on Alexa,I know most of the songs but I am a little young for them, saying that I have seen Bill Hayley and the Comets live.

Hi All…
    Goodness how busy can you get with a dog…😂

Cakey..
    Yes it was three in a bed again!…we saw the Vet all OK, he is joining us on the 5.2 …5 kg to loose! …he has only had baby jabs so booked in next week to bring him up to date….told us he possibly has a bit of separation anxiety, so take things gently give him a few more days and then start training him into our ways…

Daughter and grandson came and brought him a really thick play rope, I thought they had come to see me but I don’t think so..😂..he had his walk at 9.15 for 50 mins then stayed in the garden playing till 2 pm…he is shattered…

Dave…
    Just done a screen shot..wouldn’t of thought of that…enjoy your beer tonight….

Hedgehog..
    A busy day for you too……sounded very hectic at the puppy club but funny….my jeans are tight too… 😬

Jean x

Jean- hopefully the extra exercise with Charlie will help the tight jeans…never mind cutting the grass, you won’t have any left if he’s playing out there that long 😂 ours is looking pretty bad! Amazing how many visitors you’ll have, we had loads when we 1st got Xena!

Hedgehog..
    Steve is saying our grass is looking so bad…it will start growing soon it will look better….it might have to be paving stones or similar…I have been fighting that for years…I like grass..
    He is absolutely shattered 😂..all toys away and out of the garden now…just in case he’s out later, he just won’t come in!

Daughter is calling again tomorrow with SIL..he’s frightened of big dogs..they are off on holiday and just passing..it will be fun..

Jean x

Dave..
    Good luck with the carpet fitter…all coming together nicely..
    X

Rejoined the fishing club,met a friend I used to go fishing with over 50 years ago,I had four pints of Coors,I quiet like it, usually drink bitter.Only trouble is I feel tired now,not used to drinking anymore 😖 watching a TV program called Scotland Yard,1957 usb, will watch this and go to bed.

Morning All..

A damp start this morning…visitors again today, told me to be back for 10.30…did I complain no one visits…I don’t think it’s us they are coming for….

Earlier walk than usual, his new lead has made it much better on his pulling, more free and easy…we need to buy a short lead for town work and house visits…he seems calmer this morning and settled.

Charlie is 23 kg he really needs to be 27 kg …so logging in 11 lbs to loose starting on his 5.2…

Dave..
    Hope today goes well with the fitters….hope no headache this morning….

Hedgehog..
    Yes hoping the weight may move a bit..although yesterday we did have cake earlier with daughter and chips from chippy last night…we have been good generally this week…have a good day..

Jean x

I never get a hangover,or at least not had one for about 45 years,that’s why I only drink from a pint pot,no small glass.Dosent matter how many pints I drink I still don’t get a bad head.Got to put the sofa outside soon and it’s raining 😶we are throwing it out but not for a few more weeks.jyst waiting for the fitter to come now.

Dave- hope the rain stops or you can find something to cover it- hubby says he would work round a sofa- put it in one half then move it over, they didn’t expect to empty a room when he did carpet fitting, depending how big it is. Glad you dont have a headache!
    Jean- enjoy more visitors, hope SIL likes Charlie! Hope he stays settled!
    I’d planned a liquid fast today, but now mum’s coming for dinner, so can’t eat nothing! Maybe soup…my pain of a brother after my words with SIL said he’d invite mum this weekend, has now invited her Friday- better than nothing but it’s the weekend afternoons she finds hardest! So need to do some more housework today!

Hi all just a quick ‘hi’ so you know I’m back from my wee break. I’ll. Read through the news later – but picked up that you decided to get a dog after all, Jean – brilliant! So chuffed for you and Steve.

So I’m back but come home with a bug (up all night with d and v so back in bed now) still… It’s a good,quick – if horrible – way to deal with the effects of hotel food!

Too tired to hold my phone up… Night night!

Mx

Carpet fitter coming at 2 pm,sofa out the in the rain but got a very large plastic sheet over it,it will be going to the tip in a month or two, just don’t want it getting wet before then.Heidi will have to wait until the carpet is down before her second walk,she still has a nice soft bed to lie on, we moved it around the room and she followed it😁

Afternoon All…

Charlie walk this morning just before daughter arrived…SIL nervous but OK…he had asked his son how big he was he said very huge 😂..winding him up…

We have found out Charlie was born in Ireland, with the Irish Kennel Club…chasing his chip up. Posh boy.

Dave..
    Hoping the weather holds for you…I would leave the sofa in, as long you have room to shift it about a bit..

Hedgehog..
    Housework what’s that!!…I haven’t time …paints back in the cupboard 😂 enjoy mum tonight..

Minols..
    Hope you feel better soon, such a shame to come back like that…all excited here with Charlie..

Jean x

Sofa outside in pouring rain 😮😮Jean have you been singing Charlie is my darling 😀 fitter not arrived yet so took Heidi out in the rain.Not sure what to have for tea, horrible sat waiting.

Fitters arrived so sat in the kitchen,looks like a bomb’s hit it, will we ever get tidy again!!

Dave- hope the sofa’s not too soaked…& you soon get tidy again!
    Minols- hope you soon feel better & nobody else gets it! Hope it wasn’t the hotel food?!
    Jean- definitely no time for painting yet! I’m sure when the novelty wears off he’ll settle down…
    Had a lovely forest walk with Xena, now cooking steak & kidney for a pie, I’ll have a salad, no broccoli for soup…

Yes don’t paint yet Jean or your Dalmatian will be multi coloured.

😂😂a multi coloured Charlie..different..you know me so well..not the cleanest of painters..
    X

We are fasting tomorrow…weigh in Friday…
    X

Same here.

New carpets….wet old sofas…dalmations possibly splashed with paint…forest dog walks…tummy bugs…beer…family visits…wrongly timed family visits…

Yes Ive caught up!

So had interview yesterday and really thought it went well and expected to hear today, but nothing.

Had a job today (self employed) cleaning a holiday let and it was a nightmare and took me 5 hours.

Today was a NFD, or non 800 day. Ive not counted calories but probably over TDEE…sigh

Tomorrow we have a coast walk planned but as Im still awake now, getting up early could be a challenge!

Im aiming for a 800 day tomorrow/today/Thursday!

Good luck hope you get up early and do the 800 Kay,sofa was dry the plastic sheet did it’s job.

Morning all!
    Minols- hope you’re on the mend & this doesn’t put you too far behind with work…
    Dave-glad that the sofa was dry, hope the new carpet is nice!
    Jean- enjoy Charlie today…
    Kay- shame about the jobs, have a good walk today.
    Hope you all have a good FD/ 800 cals day. My FD went okay but very hungry already today!
    Xena is being a pickle already; I’ve changed her bedding so she’s being all silly! Seeing my HS family later.

Morning All..
    Seem to be up more early is it Spring 😂

Charlie is a lot more settled..sleeping more…maybe not in the day…I think he has lacked puppy play…too lively for playing in the house …
    I have found a sheep pinfold in the village totally enclosed, larger than the garden…may take him there for training until someone complains!…garden is play time!

Out and about this morning, he can come with us and he stays in the car while shopping, only for 20 mins..then bring him back and need a couple of more jobs about a hour so shall leave him at home.

Walk shortly..

Fasting for us today omelette and salad for tonight…

Kay..
    Hope you hear off the job today…do you get a lot of holiday accommodation left in a state, I can’t believe it…mine was left clean with the mop bucket left by the door as leaving..beds stripped with a clean wet floor.

Dave..
    Glad you saved the sofa…hope you are pleased with the carpet..

Minols..
    Hope you are feeling better and you don’t pass it on…

Hedgehog..
    Lively Xena already…does she have a cage?..tried to get him off the bed but he was pacing and came back on…Vet said leave him a few more days…sending for a better bed I will then have to get him in it, handy when people visit too…some training ahead …no classes about a shame, only one to one training…have a nice time with your HS family..

Jean x

Heidi will jump in the car,no problem but she starts moaning after I start driving.I never leave her in the car because you have to leave the window open,it cruel not to have it open and leaves the car open to theft and probably not insured if anything happens.I think Heidi is deaf now or close to it,I have to use sign language 😁.I was nervous the first time I let her off the lead but she had a good run and when I shouted her she can straight back.Fast day today,I had bred yesterday😫 so I was a naughty boy.Hope I lose weight this week but after the beer fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞

Dave…
    I wouldn’t dream of leaving him in the car as it gets hotter….only 20 mins today…he likes to be with us…he has then been left in the house just over a hour he was a good boy….he had full range except the visitors bedroom and office due to Steve’s tablets in there….gently does it…

Waiting for eldest grandson to come, he’s passing so a Charlie visit..😂

Jean x

Interesting walk for Heidi,she met two Maltese dogs I had let her off the lead and the two dogs were 50 yards away,once she seen them she was off, despite me shouting at her to stay she walked up to them,she has met them before so their owner knows Heidi,they jump up at her and lick her.Then on the way home she met another small white dog,not sure what breed it was but the owner was a girl mid twenties and possibly Polish,her dog was tiny and they were looking at each other across the street so i walked up to them and her dog hid behind the girl, eventually it came out and Heidi just went nose to nose with it and started wagging her tail,they stayed together for a while,her dog was three months old.

Dave..
    Interesting walk…we are catching the same people at the moment….about 4 dogs as yet..only one snappy…

Jean x

When Heidi was young as soon as we went out she used to go to bed upstairs,now she just lies on her bed in the living room, getting to old for the stairs in the daytime.

Hope all you fasters are doing okay?
    Jean- such a shame there’s no classes about, there’s lots to choose from here. So nice you’re getting to see your grandson as well!
    Xena was pulling really badly on our walk, so just stood still every time, it took a while to get to the woods! Didn’t meet anyone on our walk…so lovely that dogs can get to sniff Heidi! She’s still being silly & keeps trying to pull her bedding off the line!
    Had a lovely visit with my HS family- the twins were having a nap so by the time they’d woken up & we’d got out we’d missed the group we were going to at a children’s centre, but we could pop in for a play anyway & the twins enjoyed it. Beautiful sunny afternoon here!

Viewing 50 posts - 21,101 through 21,150 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.