Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 12 hours, 24 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,001 through 21,050 (of 35,400 total)

• Bloody awful weather here around Farnborough airport. NFD so slightly relaxed went to the gym first five days on the trot for a long time. Did a 5K in 30:16 which I was pleased about. Looks like the Under 9s match will be cancelled tomorrow. Pitch was in poor shape a couple of weeks ago already. Not sleeping too well woke at 3 am then fell asleep at 5 for an hour woke up feeling terrible. Slight weight drop but only in the grams range. The weight loss is less encouraging this time around. Have a great weekend all.

Very quiet on here tonight.

Evening!
    Minols- hope the new regime works! I’m currently in the putting some back on phase! Hopefully getting to grips with losing now. Have a good evening & day with the boys tomorrow!
    Dave- maybe Heidi’s feeling off because of the painting? Hope she’s better soon…well done on the loss this week!
    Pseudo- hope you have a good weekend & the lasagne is good!
    Mstar- keep plugging on, hopefully a better loss next week! You do enough exercise…
    Jean- hope you’ve had a good day!
    Busy day for me, but okay food wise.

Heidi back to full fitness,had a full tin of tuna plus she chased a cat😀.She also scratched the door I had painted yesterday, when she want to go out she dives at the door with her paws.My last dog could open the same door even when it was locked.

Haha Dave, bet Heidi does it on purpose, knowing she will get a tin of tuna!

Weather been abysmal here these last 2 days, didn’t manage to go yesterday in the end, too wet and windy.

Had 2 non fast days so 800cals needed tomorrow as we have lunch out planned on Sunday to catch up with friends. That will make my eating window start much earlier, so Ill have to have light early tea if I want anything else. There is rugby to watch though…..

Minols, it sounds like you are into a routine with eating so lets hope it works for you.

Mstar, well done with the exercise. Hopefully it will pay off at next weigh in.

Jean, I hope your busy day went ok.

HH, busy days does help with eating doesnt it.

Pseu, hope you manage to have some
    time to relax over the weekend.

Early night for me as stayed up far too late last night.

I had an early night last night just before midnight when I got in bed.Heidi has tuna two or three times a week mixed with iams adult dry food.

Morning all – felt ill last night from eating too much…not so much by olden days, but definitely too much now – which is a good thing!

Domestic day today. Might even change the greased proof paper on the top of the kitchen cupboards, and definitely time to do the extractor fan – yuck! Just gave the boy a tech treat so he owes me help and homework!

We’ll head out soon for a breakfast roll and I’ll do the meat and veg shopping at the wee places in town that don’t insist you wrap everything in single use plastic, and then I’ll crack on.

Enjoy the windy day.

Mx

Good afternoon, Denise is watching United on the telly so think it’s time to take Heidi out.Just had a peppered beef toasties so full at the moment.Living room finished just need new carpet and sofa’s.Denise us giving me a rest not starting the stairs yet until she decides what colour carpet we are getting.

Afternoon All…
    We had a lovely day yesterday far much food but as expected…lunch and dinner out but two big meals and cakes…lovely to have step daughter here, good chatty day and we looked at some cars but nothing found.
    She now has a 4 hour journey back home…

Squaring the house out bed washing and another wash of a few clothes. A bit of packing later for our weekend away, leaving about 10 tomorrow..

Beautiful day here but so windy…

Dave..
    Well done on the 2 lbs off…we are hoping for a good win with Man U, looking good as now…oh dear your painted door, another painting job…still you have the lounge finished ..well done on that…

Mstar..
    Looks like we are joining you in the loosing gram club but it’s still downward 😀

Hedgehog..
    Hope you have all your jobs done…are you with your group doing prayer days?…
    Still thinking about the dog, he is 5 not 7, just so unsure…we may look when we come back and talk while away…Steve can’t walk him so it would be my job…🐶..he would need a lot of excerise …I would need to know his back ground.

Kay..
    Have a lovely lunch with your friends tomorrow..just have a day off it will be fine…

Minols..
    Looks like you are doing well…I couldn’t sleep after all the food yesterday…just so unused to it…hope you get some help off the boy…it’s pay back time 😂

We are having a lazy afternoon..

Jean x

Hockey tonight and tomorrow so two late nights 🤪🤪🤪

Morning All..
    A dull dry day …wind seems to have gone…

Birthday boy has got 17 cards loads more than usual and lots of money for his re vamping his old motor bike pot…so all is happy…three score and ten, every day is a bonus now…

We are away about 10.30 back Tuesday pm…we are looking forward to it, hope there’s a roasting open fire in the pub. I can really enjoy that, shame lots are going to central heating now. It’s an old pub so I can hope 😂….

Going to look at the Christmas stash of chocolates, take some with us as a treat….

We will be definitely be on track when back…fasting Wednesday…I have given up this weekend it’s how it is….

Have a good day all..

Jean x

Tell Steve happy birthday, lovely sunny day here,I have received a letter from the pension office saying I will get £142 per week,the new pension is £160 odd pounds per week,I thought I should have qualified for that so will have to wait and see.If the worst comes to the worst I will still be £570 per month better off.Went to bed at 3am this morning,it was worth staying up great game.Will be the same again tonight.

All settled in.. no open fire but it’s quite old with beams.. very full today it’s popular with food..we have got ourselves comfy in a corner with a drink and our book..room is very warm, clean and comfortable.

We will be having a steak later we have decided.. we had a ride through to Matlock for a walk round.. it started to snow but not a lot..

X

Jean- Happy birthday to Steve! 🎂🍷Nice to have birthday money to spend on his bike! 5 not 7 would make a big difference with the dog…enjoy the rest of your time away!
    Dave- naughty Heidi! Xena scatches at doors, she can open them sometimes, not marked any yet thankfully! Hope you have a decent break from the decorating, remind Denise you’re not as fit as you used to be!!
    Kay- hope the weather improves & you can get out. Keep strong with the 800 cals next week!
    Minols- hope you get your cleaning done!
    Something has spilt in the bottom of my oven already 😢
    Lazy afternoon, Xena has been tired as she had a long walk & play with some dogs in the park this morning…she’s now getting restless so time to keep her out of mischief!!

Had too much to eat today, good job it’s fast day today.Watching hockey, about 15 minutes to go losing 2-1😑 another game Wednesday and Friday,so not much sleep this week.Will try to do b2b fasts Wednesday and Thursday.

Morning all!
    Dave- Think I ate too much yesterday as well, stuck to keto though…I’d find fasting until late at night really tough, I don’t know how you do it!
    Fasting today, hungry already grr 😡 Taking mum to the solicitors to sign POA forms, hopefully the last time!
    Hope all the fasters have a good day!

I find it most difficult between 6pm and midnight, fasting today so far no problems.Roll on summer, spring Will do for starters,not too far away now.

Afternoon All..
    We are having a good time.. meal last night was so disappointing and with a flat atmosphere, we left, everywhere was dead in the town, then we found a full pub, people eating, candles on table and low 60s music it saved the night..a lovely market in Bakewell this morning better than the tit tat you normally find. You will be impressed we walked past the chocolate rejects stall and cake stalls.. we never brought any chocolate with us we forgot.

Found 6 lovely glasses in a charity shop for serving desserts in.. a nice V shape on a stem £1.50.. bought a brown leather belt made locally on the market..

Sat having a drink and reading resting our legs now 😂

Hedgehog..
    Decided against the dog.. we really had a good discussion Steve said we could go and look and have him if he was right..but I had decided against it..if he had had a bad home then something happened to us it wouldn’t be fair to him.. Steve and hospital appointments we are not tip top.. dalmations need to burn off energy… shame really but the right decision, maybe a smaller dog if we wasn’t going away so much.

Hope you sorted Mum out and you are keeping Zena busy..

Dave..
    We have eaten too much will be glad to get back to normal again…fasting Wednesday and Thursday..

Home tomorrow

Have a good fast day ..

Jean x

I like Bakewell and the market.Never had a drink there though, always driving so can’t drink.Fast day going well, having chicken stir fry later,I may start doing 4-3 instead of 5-2, fast days Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Quiet today!
    Dave- keep strong later then. If you can do it 3 days should help, but you’ve done that before haven’t you?
    Jean- being very well behaved at the market! Probably a wise decision on the dog as he’s younger tgan you thought. There’s a dog rescue site called golden oldies which rehomes dogs 7 yrs+ if you wanted to look.
    Mum sorted at the solicitors, we spent ages in Tesco with her wandering about, stuff on her list she couldn’t remember what she wanted it for, would’ve tested hubby’s patience, but I try to see the funny side! Sadly she gets upset easily, you never quite know what’ll set her off in tears, random stuff, so stayed for a while when we got back. Some cleaning done this afternoon, the day seems to be going quick enough, feel quite strong this afternoon!

Going to make Denise’s meal then have mine after, will be drooling making hers🤤🤤🤤, looking at cars,not getting one yet just looking.

Didnt get out for our meal yesterday as had a rough weekend emotionally and couldnt face people.

Today the sun has been out and that has really helped. I had an interview at a local holiday park working on reception but I didnt get a warm feeling about it, so we will see.
    I also went to see a lady in the village about looking after her 2 cockapoos on Thursday whilst she has a hospital appointment. Crikey they are quite boisterous and it will be a fun afternoon!!

I worked on Saturday doing some self employed cleaning. It was hard graft for 3 of us but I earned myself £79.

HH, another thing sorted for your mum.
    Jean, hope you are having a lovely break. Happy Birthday Steve.
    Dave, how was the stirfry? Hockey tonight?

Kx

Kay- hope the job works out…all the cockapoos/…doodles at dog training are mad, very hard work, good luck tomorrow!
    Dave- have you tried that new Cadburys dark & milk chocolate? My son’s been raving about it, tried one square, it’s lovely!
    Had a keto hot chocolate, as well as the one choc square, done well today.

HH not seen it,I go shopping tomorrow so will keep my eyes peeled,I try to avoid the chocolate isle if I can but resistance is futile sometimes🍫,no hockey tonight, will watch a film on Netflix, maybe.

Morning all! Xena woke on the dot of 6am again today, even though son hasn’t got to get up for walk, how does she do it?! Will try to extend the fast for a bit as feeling strong! Both boys about most of the day so will be doing lots of cooking for them though…dog training classes & having mum over for dinner tonight.
    Have a good day everyone!

Afternoon All..
    Home now unpacked and washing on…bought two gilets from a charity shop, one each really nice..in the washer..

We have had a good two days lots of visiting and walking….bought lots of bits and pieces..

The food at the hotel/pub was very disappointing..we had a good breakfast this morning, just happened to say to the girl, ‘is there a different chef on’ we were just saying what had happened the day before, when she brought him through , he was the manager and his wife (serving)..they were just back off holiday…we just told them what happened over the two days..the very bad meal our first night, our first breakfast, then last night..we walked in with another couple, at 7pm, they ordered first..he fell with his drinks the staff helped him ..when coming back to the bar 4 mins later, they said kitchen was closed…everywhere last night in the town all food was finished…we had a boxed sandwich and a packet of biscuits from a Spar and had our picnic watching TV!..the kitchen should of been open till 8pm…they have offered us a free stay, I don’t know whether we will accept it, the birthday treat has been spoilt…that’s life!…thank goodness for our caravan, the food is always good 😂

Kay..
    Sorry you are feeling low..things hit you when you least expect them..hope you are feeling better today…good luck on the job front…better weather is on it’s way..camping too…

Hedgehog..
    Choccy sounds lovely…too much here are the moment…have a good day with the boys..

Dave..
    Good luck on your three FDs..we are doing that for the month…

All very quiet on here at the moment…is there anyone out there who wants to join us?

Jean x

Done the shopping but didn’t see the chocolate, walked up and down the aisle twice, resisted the temptation to buy a dairy milk. Weather mixed.Time to take Heidi out.

Weather mixed here too, now very grey.

Just broken my fast of 16.5 hours with porridge. Now need to plan tea using up the veg in the fridge.

Jean, how disappointing about the food whilst you were away. At least you had a lovely time mooching around.

Dave, I dont go anywhere near the chocolate aisle!

Jean- such a shame about your trip…roll on the caravan season!
    Dave-probably a good thing you didn’t find the chocolate!
    Kay- what will you do for dinner?
    Xena was good at the dog training, she’s shattered now! Had lunch now, pleased I managed to wait.

Hi all.

On the road yesterday so didn’t get a chance to drop by.

Sorry your break was so disappointing, Jean.

I’m sticking with the TRE until Friday if I can cos we’re away for a long weekend up north and in the past the food Di not disappoint! I’m expecting great things…

We’ll done on your long day without food, Kay. I generally make it to about 3 as well…mus remember the porridge option.

The boy is now off for half term so i’m trying to wind down this week with him too…but entertaining him and 2 neighbourhood kids is going to be interesting for the next 2 days!

Mx

Just cooking up a sort of lasagne…minus the pasta! And the sauce is cream based to reduce carb content.

Still got some day light and its 5.45…much better!

Where do you live Kay it’s dark here in darkest Manchester 😎

North cornwall coast 🌗🌘

We were talking Denise and I about Brexit and maybe going on holiday at home in Cornwall or Devon.Have a nice cream tea🤤🤤🤤. Denise was born in Devon (Plymouth).

We’ve booked a couple of nights in Devon, near Salcome- a cabin with it’s own private beach, outdoor hot tub…but no electricity!
    Minols- have fun with the boys the next couple of days!
    Kay- do you like courgetti instead of pasta?
    Dave- no cream tea talk please 😢

Jam, clotted cream, scones🍰

Morning all! Naughty Xena woke me early this morning, so feeling a bit jaded…
    I’m fasting today, anyone else?

Morning All..
    Weather seems to be improving maybe get the grass cut over the next couple of days…shh Steve doesn’t know this yet..😂

We are fasting today and tomorrow…too much food was eaten!

Steve is having a garage day…..a charity bag has arrived…I have some things I am not parting with, maybe today is the day…I thought I would go through some clothes which are in boxes, tidy as I go, and in the bag they go 😬…Steve can’t understand why I keep them they are far too big anyway…umm

Windows need washing too…uummm ..I don’t like washing windows…not today.

Kay..
    Lovely to have later nights…I think we are still darker than you..I will check and watch tonight…

Dave..
    We have booked Devon and Cornwall twice now and had to cancel…it seems as if we are jinx…been through it a lot on the bike but not stopped to see much…best cream tea we had was in the Isle of Wight, each portion was two huge scones with the jam and cream..it was like eating a dinner!…don’t forget the butter!

Minols..
    Hope you managed the play date..they can get noisy….enjoy your trip up North..

Hedgehog..
    The night on the beach sounds lovely hot tub too…how can you have a hot tub but no electricity in the cabin?..are your taking your guard dog 😂..must take a throw away bbq, if allowed.

We did it in Goa, in a rush hut..just loved the sound of the breaking of the waves…we did have one light and mosquito net over the bed 😀 and cold water shower 😲and loo…very basic..such fun, we dressed as hippies, had a drink at the beach bar…. the next day I had red paint all over my neck looked like my throat had been cut..just the paint off the cheap beads!!…we was about 55..aging hippies..

Zena is an early girl..is it the lighter mornings…Symba was a tinker at the 4am start in the summer…slept better winter colder days.

Must move and see what I am going to do….

Fasting with you hedgehog…2 lamb chops and salad for tonight…just looked at them if I keep my glasses on they will look bigger 😂

Jean x

I am fasting today, Denise is making a shepherds pie so that’s all I will eat all day,maybe some green beans.It was hockey last night but didn’t start until 2am so went to bed.I have to go to a health center tomorrow to be assessed for doing exercises,I must admit I have felt better so will see how it goes.

All this talk about cream teas and Devon and Cornwall….its all about getting the jam and clotted cream in the right order!!

It depends which county you are from, Denise puts the jam on first but think it’s the other way in Devon, there again what do I know.

Cornwall is the right way 😂🤣
    Jam first…..but enough of cream tea talk. None allowed today!!

Not had a cream tea for ages, Denise should do it the other way coming from Plymouth but she wasn’t there for long,her parents were both in the navy.Fast day going ok, slightly peckish at the moment.

Just had a spot of cream in my coffee to keep me going til my first meal later. Only 22 cals so not really classed as breaking fast if its under 50 cals. But its filling!

Afternoon All..

Clothes have all jumped in two charity bags..goodness have to wait till collection on Friday.

Pile of ironing done..haven’t had my chai jam in ages so made some of that…Steve has just asked what’s for lunch..I said you have had your coffee 😂..oh it’s that day ….

Looks like we are off out for some bike oil he’s forgotten…

Kay…
    I do it your way but a touch of butter…and loads of talk…

All looking good here..

Jean x

Smother in lurpak then jam then creme😋😋😋

Nooo lurpack! Proper farmhouse butter!

Is it available in Manchester?

Any butter locally made….far better for you

Will look for a local one not sure Sainsbury’s sell them though.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,001 through 21,050 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.