Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 6 hours, 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,951 through 20,000 (of 35,400 total)

• Sending love and thoughts to you Hedgehogs.

We’re here for you.

Take care xx

I’ve been MIA for a while so here I am, sloping back.

So sorry to hear about your dad, HH. Thinking of you.

FD for me yesterday, possible FD today, depends if I decide to go to the pub quiz this evening or not. My father is still in hospital, he’s been there for weeks now but they can’t figure out what’s wrong with him and why he keeps collapsing.

You had a good time when you went to the quiz night so i would go again Pseu.Shopping time soon,not a fast day today though,probably tomorrow when i go to rehab.Jean enjoy your last days in Cyprus.HH i hope you are ok.

Morning All..

We have had a relaxing holiday which we both needed.. the food unfortunately has been far too good.. we have the healthy corner, the veggie corner, cheese corner, the fruit corner.. then the many fat corners including sweets and ice creams corner…jeans are going to be the tester tomorrow for travelling 😂

We have already decided on a ‘2’ week or maybe 2 ..our poor body will he throwing a hissy fit…

Pseu..
    Glad you are back on board you have been missed..hoping your dad gets sorted..,

DL..
    You too are very missed let’s have you back…

Kay..
    Where are you too????

Dave..
    Enjoy your shopping today..Steve liked his brandy sour, not for me ..

Hedgehog.,
    We are all with you…come back when you feel like it..

Jean x

Evening everyone

Still struggling with reintroducing gluten and haven’t managed a proper fast.

HH, thinking of you.

Jean, sounds like the holiday was just what you both needed. The weight will soon come off again.

Dave, good luck at rehab tomorrow.

DF, great to hear from you.

Pseudo, hope you chose the quiz and had a good time. Is dad is a hospital near you?

Hard to fast as need to eat the equivalent of 4 slices of bread a day. Counting the days until I can have the tests, need to wait until around Christmas. May see if I can get a private referral then when I do for the tests everything will be done quickly.

Take care

Lynne x

Thanks Lynn,I look forward to rehab.Will try a fast day tomorrow.

Morning All..
    Having the last two hours of sun until we go and have our shower and get ready to leave.. getting collected at 12.45 a bit early but not a bad time.. land at Luton about 8.30 tonight home for midnight..

Trying a FD today had a good breakfast coming in at 460 cals that will be it for the day.. may have a coffee before we leave…

Lynne …
    It does make it awkward to have the bread on a FD.. hard one to alter.. maybe cut back calories generally on the other days if that’s possible.. not long to go for your tests..
    Maybe a new year start again??

Dave..
    Have a good day re hab…hope we can stay with you with the fast day…

I will brave the scales in the morning and see how naughty we have been.. official weigh in a week on Friday..

I will try and bring the sun back and two beautiful kittens, one is just like our old Symba, grey and the other ginger both tabbys …very well fed by everyone lol..,

Have a good day..

Jean x

Morning all,

I think yesterday was a FD, I grazed on pickled onions and sunflower seeds whilst watching my way through a boxset, but there can’t be too many calories in them surely?

I’m planning on going to a scuba diving taster class tonight, I hope I like it, I could do with a new physical hobby.

Morning all.

Off into the big city to try and meet up with my pal again. Let’s hope the trains behave themselves this time. Going early so I can pop into Tiger – out local one closed last year – it’s so good for wee bits and pieces.

Tuesday is always a bit mad with food so trying to make weds really sensible ready for tomorrow’s FD.

Safe travels, Jean. Hope the jeans aren’t too uncomfortable!

Mx

Pseu..
    Enjoy your scuba taster session.. sounds good..

Minols..
    Enjoy the big city and meet up with friend..hope the trains behave them selves for you..

Sat waiting for coach.. jeans are on and snug.. belt an inch let out ..ouch… no lunch 😇..just a coffee…calorie count 460 at the moment ..looking like a FD ..😁

Jean x

I hope you are going to tell us how much weight you have gained Jean,it can then be used has a benchmark for holiday enjoyment 😁I am sat outside the gym waiting for them to open it at 1-30 pm.,got here early.Definately a fast day today,only had one cup of tea up to now.

Dave….

Just boarding…

Holiday Benchmark… I will think on that one…7 lbs ????

😂😂😂😂

X

Morning all, couldn’t sleep so got up and watching cricket now😁 get on them scales Jean,had a funny dream I was singing hymns,ones I like such as we plough the fields and scatter the good seed on the land and there is a green hill far away without a city wall,there is another which I couldn’t remember the lyrics but the music is that of the German national anthem,next I was singing a German song which I realized wasn’t a hymn but what was sung in a Bier Keller 😁😁😁 while standing on the table top 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Morning all.

Not sure on the scuba diving, I kept panicking, but it is a useful skill to have when I start looking for marine conservation jobs, plus I’d love to see all the fishies. It also seems to have a great social side, and my social life could definitely do with a boost.

Not an FD yesterday, was ravenous when I got home from the pool. Today will probably be my third one for the week.

I’m not sure if I’m going to keep on with keto anymore. I can’t say I find it that hard but it doesn’t seem to be helping me loose weight. I don’t understand why it doesn’t work for me, so I’m torn whether to just try to eat as few carbs as possible but not be so strict about it, or whether to do a food diary and see if the guys on the keto forum can suggest anything first. I’m off work next week so I’ll have a bit more of a chance to plan things.

Dad was finally released from the hospital last night, the general consensus seems to be ‘we ran every possible test on you, and we don’t know what’s wrong.’

Ha Dave, musical night for you then!

I think if you do it a few times you will stop panicking,it will become second nature,hope they come up with some help for your dad.

Morning All…
    Sunny blue sky but chilly..lol…goodness the house was cold at midnight last night…got held up in M1 road closures it put an extra hour on our way back…so many over the country you wouldn’t believe it…

Piles of washing everywhere, cases all emptied….not too much…nice to be home but enjoyed the holiday quite relaxing more than usual..lovely crowd of people..joined in the archery nil points to me…but joined the crowd darts about 40 of us, Steve got knocked out before me…we got to the last 15 or so…

Shopping for us and blood test at the hospital for Steve, just his three monthly ones…

Thursday fast day for us….I think we may be hungry…..

Dave…
    Especially for you… for a guide of holiday weight, I will get on the scales tomorrow…we didn’t manage to fast yesterday crisps and travel sweets kicked in…..under 1000 possibly…we will fast for the week before official weigh in next Friday…I do like your singing….dreams are funny where do they come from..😂

Pseu..
    I think Dave is right give it a couple of goes and see if it gets better…it would help you with your course and even your social side….my daughter enjoyed diving until later in the course she went in a dark water quarry to go in deeper water that put her off….
    It is amazing in clear blue water, it’s like another world hills and valleys and all the beautiful fish…still that’s me snorkelling not diving..lol…it’s a fair few years since we did it….

Have a good day all……just Pseu with us fasting?anyone else….

Jean x

I will try and sing Christmas carols in bed tonight 😁not sure if I am doing another FD today,not had anything yet but feeling hungry.Still alcohol free since the 22nd of August.One of the women on my rehab is the landlady of a pub which is closest to where I live,it was her last day at rehab yesterday.

All very quiet on here…missing all our fasting pals…

Very hungry I thought I would be, my body is missing my three course lunch…holding tight though…just had a coffee…

Just got back from the hospital, for Steve bloods he was told they will use a thinner needle due to him having Aspirin and bleeding a lot, one for you Dave…I did my food shopping while he went then collected him we both finished together…

Ham salad this evening I cooked a joint…getting food things back in order..chai jam being made and my homemade muesli …

Dave…I feel sorry for Denise if you are singing carols in bed….well done on the alcohol…

Jean x

Jean only in my dreams,not out loud,now there’s a good song “In dreams”still a possibility of a FD,I have had a peppered beef sandwich probably about 300 calories,had it toasted, very nice.

Had a couple of cups of coffee with cream, doing fine so far though I am a bit peckish.

Very good both of you…

We have had a hungry day.. I have come in at 512 cals so OK..

Finished for the day now..

Jean x

I crumbled so had a low day instead of a fast day.

I’m still doing okay at the moment, though I had a Dairylea triangle, lol!

Morning folks, very quiet on here.

Yesterday clocked in at just under 500, so I’m good with that.

Off to get my hair coloured later. As much as I dislike going to the hairdressers I get very bored very quickly when it comes to hair styles. I was going to get it all chopped off, but then I came across some photos of the last time I had a pixie cut and it put me off. So just a trim and then some highlights.

Morning All..
    A murky start to the day…looks damp…

We are going out with friends for lunch today…no idea what I fancy I am really fooded out..( maybe not a word !)…nice for a catchup we are joining them Christmas Eve and staying till Boxing Day lunch at their house in Helmsley….so getting a plan in place on who’s bringing what…

Dave..
    Especially for you….a benchmark for AI holidays……eating 3 meals a day, ice cream through the day and having 6 drinks of wine/ beer for Steve a day…6 lbs each a very big ouch…I thought 7 lbs so better than that….official weigh in Friday….

Pseu..
    Hair cut and blow for me this morning….grin and bear the hairdresser…hope it turns out nice and the highlights..you will feel better..

Jean x

That’s pretty good Jean,not too bad at all.Up early again so watching cricket, Heidi got me up,she needed to go out.Nothing planed for today,a small shop and that’s it.

Hi All..

Hair cut …..hair looks much better a good half inch off…good lunch out and half a Guinness…all finished foodwise for the day…very full up…

All plans up to date for Christmas…

Dave…
    Clothes a tad too tight….hoping for a couple of pounds off on Friday…

Pseu..
    How is your hair?….what did you gave done in the end….

Jean x

Guinness will put hairs on your chest Jean,I like a pint of Guinness occasionally.Think I will take a leaf out of your book Jean and have haddock and chips.

Dave…

After all the wine we have had….The Guinness was a change I have drunk it for 50 years…it hits the spot..

Enjoy your fish and chips…it’s usually cod at your side??…Haddock for you?…I have got Steve on Haddock now…😂

Jean x

Not thrilled with the hair tbh. It’s too brassy, I always have this problem, they tone it and tone it and it never seems to take the ashiness until I just come home and do it myself. And I’m sure it lifted my natural colour where it should have stayed dark brown to a ginger. :S I think I’m going to have to give up on light colours and just get dark box colours from now on… I just get so bored. Ended up having more cut off than ‘just a trim’ but apparently the back was uneven, that’s ok though, I don’t really freak out about an inch or two.

They only do haddock,no cod.Just had it, lovely.I noticed they do battered chips, something I have always wanted to try,but had already ordered so not had them.I used to drink Guinness for a couple of years in the seventies,I had eighteen pints of it one night,could drink then.Now I doubt I have had that many pints of anything this year.

Hi all
    Looking forward to a quiet weekend. As it’s going to be dry here I think I’ll try and tidy the garden. Once things start on Sunday I don’t think I’ll stop much until boxing day… Diary for next week already full. Should make fasting reasonably straight forward – haha!

Good to have the holiday base line, Jean. I’m hoping that having no foreign travels planned for the next year will make it easier for 2019 to be the year I get back to control. I know the website aims for 1lb a week, but after this year, with all the age-related slowing down.,i think I’ll be happy with 1or2 lb a month!

Don’t need to go near the scales for another couple of weeks – yippee!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mx

I liked Guinness in Ireland, it never seems cold enough in this country

Pseu..
    Shame on your hair colour, hope you can sort it out with a box in a few weeks…I like room temperature Guinness not the really cold….

Dave…
    I always seem to have cod offered in Leigh area, although we have found a restaurant now what does Haddock. I never eat cod, Hull was a fishing port we only ate Haddock.

Minols..
    Looks like your are hitting your busy time…enjoy your Saturday in the garden…it’s years since I did a pound a week..as you say a pound a month I would be happy….still I want this holiday weight moving…

Jean x

This new chippy is the only one I know that sells haddock,it’s always been cod round here,I do fancy the chips in batter though.Psue try Guinness extra cold.

Morning to you all… have read through the posts the last few days to catch up with all of you, thanks for all your thoughts. Dad passed away on Thursday; he went to the hospice on Wednesday which was what he wanted, he visibly settled as soon as he got there. He was able to hear us right up until the last hour, could still smile at what we said, so it was a special time together, we were all with him. Very peaceful, not in any pain, so very thankful for that. Mum seems to be holding it together remarkably well so far, but we’re really worried about her memory, so lucky that she’s literally round the corner & my sis is next door but one- we promised Dad we’d look after her, he was really worried about her too, & we will be able to. Lots to sort out next week, our brother is being really helpful too, which is a surprise!
    I’ll try to get back on board with fasting next week- haven’t eaten bad stuff, & skipped some meals, but still the jeans feel tighter…

Hedgehog…
    I am so sorry, life is so fragile and we don’t know what’s around the corner. I am glad you was all with him and he had a peaceful passing.

It’s nice you are all near enough to help your mum and you can be all together.

Sending you all our love

Jean and Steve x

I am so sorry HH,at least he will have peace now and no pain,It’s good that you can all look after your mum,my parents used to live close by and I used to go round every morning on my way home from work to give my dad his eye drops,did their shopping for them,paid there bills.You will be busy this coming week so take your time.

I’m sorry HH, sending thoughts your way. x

I stubbed my toe this morning on the kitchen table,think I have broken it or dislocated it,my little toe😂😂 Feels sore now.Still managed to hobble round with Heidi twice,took some Co-Codamol so hopefully it will ease

Ouch Dave! Take it easy, not much they can do for broken toes…
    Busy day-popped out cor some things for mum, had to do some cooking to restock the freezer, had a lead training workshop with Xena this afternoon. It was useful, now it’s down to us! She’s fast aaleep now! Mum’s coming round for dinner tonight. Not a keto day- had some of the last loaf of bread dad made, wasn’t getting eaten up but couldn’t bring myself to throw it away!

Dave..
    Hope your toe is feeling much better…rest up with it…

Hedgehog..
    Glad the workshop went well with Xena.. …top up on the cooking…..good idea to keep yourself busy……look after each other….

My daughter came to see us for the afternoon lovely to have her to ourselves…lots of school talk and the changes she is making…she has booked two residential trips for year 5 and year 6, so all the children are excited as they haven’t done that before, still it’s a way off in the summer term..

Night night ..

Jean x

It’s very bruised 😫😫😫

Why oh why have I woken up at half four, fully awake and not at all tired.
    Yesterday wasn’t good food wise, I’d bought some Baileys to put a snifter in hot chocolate and ended up drinking a lot of it. Bit scared to look at some of the messages I sent my friend, I’m sure they’re stupid.

Oops Pseudo! I used to love Baileys…don’t like to think of tings I’ve done when a bit drunk, I don’t drink now! Hope you get back to sleep & don’t feel too rough! Have you got used to the hair colour yet?
    Dave- poor Heidi might have to have short, slow walks for a bit?
    Jean- more fundraising for the school trips? They’re unbelievably expensive, even short breaks, very good for the kids though. You’ll be baking again!
    Minols- I hope you got a good bit done in the garden yesterday? Hope the busy days to come help with fasting, probably not with Christmas goodies! Are you doing a holiday club as well over the Christmas school holidays? The one I usually help with is asking for volunteers, not sure yet if I’ll help.
    Lynne- thinking of you as well, difficult times. Hope the wheat doesn’t make you put too much back on!
    Jean- I know you kept in touch outside of the site with Audrey- how’s she doing?- do you keep in touch with anyone else? Just wondering how anyone else is doing, like Kay, Rowena, Hemmy?
    As yesterday I ate carbs, I finished it off with some chocolate as well, Mum brought some round. We watched Strictly & had pizzas on our laps as she loves watching it. Church, probably a walk & cooking roast chicken later…

Morning All…
    A sunny day here…

Going out to do a bit of Christmas stuff, cards for a start, wrapping paper then find something to wrap up….I can’t believe I am this late usually finished by beginning of November…it’s been a strange year for us…

We are having a low day today and will be fasting Monday…

Dave..
    Whatever did you knock your toe on…you are a daft bat…😂…is it any easier today….?

Hedgehog..
    I have been booked in for a batch of mince pies in early December for a fashion evening at school..apparently a few mums of teachers have been pulled in to bake…

I am on face book with Kay, DF and Audrey but don’t really contact them personally ..I think Audrey had lost 1 1/2 stone on WW it seems to working for her in the summer….Ellie hasn’t been too good but she is still pushing on….

Lovely to be all together having chocolate and pizzas last night….have a thoughtful day at church..

Pseu..
    I like Baileys but it is a bit calorific …oops…what a early start for you I hate those nights..

Have a good weekend everyone…

Who is fasting tomorrow??

Jean x

It’s very, very bruised today,I stubbed my toe on the kitchen table.Will still take Heidi on her usual walk,may have to limp around though.Going to ice hockey in Blackburn tonight,can still drive ok.Must take her out now before the England game kicks off.

Took Heidi out, very painful so won’t be going out with her again today.Only having a chicken sandwich tonight when I get home from hockey so it will be a fast day.

Hi All….
    Just back from shopping made a good dent in everything just a few more things to get tomorrow ….

Wales daughter is coming up to Manchester for her Step Dads ashes internment next Sunday, so we thought we would go up Saturday and deliver all cards and presents to Steves side of the family….as we would probably not catch up to see her before Christmas….

We have a few things going on in November/December, caravan service late November, three days faffing about, two hospital appointments and then another in December..dentist for me…

Dave..
    Do you think you should have your toe checked out?…although I think it’s tricky to do much about it…..enjoy your hockey tonight…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 19,951 through 20,000 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.