Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,973 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,901 through 19,950 (of 35,460 total)

• Off to rehab soon just took Heidi out and got soaked,think it will be another fast day today.

Was a little harder today at rehab but managed to do it ok,not had any food apart from a biscuit at rehab,so definitely a fast day.Been pouring down all day so will check if it’s stopped to take Heidi out again.

Dave- you sound like you’re doing really well with your FDs! Have they upped your group again at rehab?
    Minols- yep, Xena had more willpower than us! Doesn’t happen at home though…
    Another trip to the vets today; her ears are looking inflamed so needed some eardrops- she’s costing us a fortune!!
    It’s Mum’s birthday on Sunday, I’ve volunteered to do a buffet for the family, 14 coming, have had to plan it & do the shopping list today, looking at recipes for chocolate & salted caramel drip cakes, not fair on a FD 🙁

HH I am in the top group now,can’t go any higher.Will have something to eat at six o’clock 🤪🤪🤪I was talking to an old man and his wife today at rehab, he is there because of kemo affected him,he is going to join a group in Withington when he finishes his rehab at the hospital,I said I will join him when I finish,his wife is nice,she is from the Philippines and is called Jocelyn.He is called Keith.

Hello everyone …another Brit from North Wales wants to join your gang! I’m looking forward to starting the 5:2 (FD) tomorrow and hopefully I’ll gain the knowledge, support and hints from each of you on this site.
    Gill

Welcome Gill keep coming on here it’s a big help and plenty of support.

Shove off with your adverts.

Second that Dave! 😂 Top group, well done! It’s good if you can join another group…maybe Denise can get her other knee done & join you in the future?(I was talking to my aunt today, she had her 1st knee done last year, her other one in February, she can now walk much better.)
    Gill- hi & welcome to the group! It’s gone a bit quiet, but usually there’s lots of support for FDs! We’re a mixex bunch, some do smaller meals, I do liquid fasts usually. Pseudo & Lynne who come on here are from south Wales. When are you planning to fast?
    Jean- hope you’re safely there, with no stowaways in your cases.
    Minols- how’s your day been, & are you fasting tomorrow?
    I’ve been okay with just liquid today, although a bit hungry now. I need to keep strong as my jeans feel a bit tighter!

Ugh, woke up this morning dreaming of having a cooked breakfast!
    Dave- was yesterday a FD, I gues you’ll not be fasting today?
    Jean- guessing not much wifi at the hotel, but hope when you do get to read this you’ve been having a great time!
    Hope you’re all okay- Lynne, Pseudo, DF, Cakey, KL…
    Food shopping to do today, & puppy minding, very exciting!! I’m hoping to keep it a low day…

Morning All..
    A sunny 20 degrees plus already at 9 am…I left phone in safe but I have it with me today..

All settled in and everything fine, we changed rooms to a quieter one..room very clean but needs up dating..food was excellent last night and HOT, makes a change.. a double portion of mains lamb dinner and Steve said if I had 4 different sweets on the same plate it counts as one?? Not sure on that one..it was piled high 😂

Dave..
    Don’t get too wet!..

Gill..
    Welcome.. it’s nice you are joining us..lots of help if needed…

Hedgehog..
    Fancy Xena not being temped on things not like her mum 😂.. she is a good girl..

Have a good fast day everyone… we will eat for everybody …

Jean x

HH yesterday was a fast day and I am going to Warrington today to see mother in law so I think it will be another FD today.Jean Denise likes Stifado,she always has it in Cyprus.Traffic is terrible going to Warrington so will have to find a way avoiding Salford.12°C here Jean so make the most of it in sunny Cyprus.

Hi all – difficult FD. I’m feeling the cold so I’ve already had an unknown soup out of the freezer – turned out to be a delicious pea and ham…don’t know how long that’s been in there! But that’s the freezer empty at last so I can de-frost it while the boys are away at the Classic Car Show this weekend!

How are the rest of you fasters doing? Jean – tell Steve to stop talking about puddings!

Mx

Hi All…
    Lovely day here just had cloud for a couple of hours across lunch sunny again now..

Lovely Chinese menu I think every day at lunch time near the pool.. really nice.. trying things I don’t know which is unusual for me..
    Finshed a book starting a new one …very lazy and hot…

Dave..
    Enjoy your visiting with MIL…

Minols…
    Always like a good defrost before Christmas…just had three blobs of ice cream…🍷🍷

Jean x

Bah! Humbug! to you Jean!
    Mx

You better hide the scales Jean when you get home,but it has to be done on holiday 😁😁😁

Cooeee

I’m over here on the step. 🙂

Hope everyone well although there’s a few of us gone quiet. Welcome Gill! This is a great friendly thread and not too much leading astray although need to watch that Jean who’s on her holidays.

Been off on my travels to Birm and Bristol this week but home now until Tues. Going to see Kinky Boots at the weekend. We’ve got lots of lovely theatre/concerts booked between now and Christmas. Booked up Andre Rieu which I’m so excited about the Friday before Christmas.

CW

Evening All..
    All very quiet on here.. hope you have all had a good FD.. I am really glad my scales are at home, no weigh in tomorrow..still I have been on water tonight, I have had heart burn, must cut down my drinking not used to it now.. just found my magic tablets, haven’t had them in ages… they will do the trick…possibly old 😂

Cakey..
    Lots of things to look forward to.. we saw Andre Rieu live in Vienna, more or less pulled in off the street, wasn’t dressed to go but he was fantastic, in the Hoffenbrau Palace Ballroom, closed your eyes and could think of all the ladies dancing…
    Not heard of kinky boots?? Have a lovely time..

Just been to a show.. basic but very good in parts, lot of hard work gone into it.. bed for us now..

Take care
    Jean x

Just have plenty of Keo or do you have wine? Enjoy whatever you have 😇😇😇😇

Did post something last night but must’ve forgotten to submit it….my Dad was taken into hospital with a suspected bowel obstruction. Stayed with him until 1am. Mum was in a bit of a state…Unexpected FD!
    Wil catch up with you all later.

Morning All..
    A lovely sunny lazy day..I think we are going out to the harbour area tomorrow.. catch the local bus in..

Steve’s struggling a bit but ok, the airport walking snookered him… he is on some pain tablets this morning that’s unusual..

We are having a alcohol free day both of us..just can’t do it we have felt quite ill through the last two nights 😇

Hedgehog..
    So sorry on your Dad hope they can soon sort it out for him.. you will all be very worried…hugs and our thoughts with you both…

Dave..
    Usually red wine for me, fizzy beer for Steve, a few cocktails .. it might be the brandy and cocktails what’s upset us too heavy and strong rocket juice 😂 water only today. .

Jean x

Try a brandy sour,I think they are native to Cyprus.Let me know if the pelicans are still there near the harbour tomorrow,I used to Stand on top of the fort in the harbour to cool down 😁.Just about qualified for a fast day yesterday,so done three this week.HH sorry about your dad hope he gets better soon.Going shopping to Sainsbury’s soon so I will be like a Tasmania devil 👿😈👿😈 when I sink my teeth into their crusty wholemeal cobs with chicken on them👹👹👹

Dave .. enjoy your chicken on the crusty cobs..not sure on brandy sours.. I will look out for your pelicans tomorrow ..

Just had thunder and 5 mins rain shower across lunch back to being sunny..

Still on the water..😇

Hedgehog.. any news on your Dad yet?

Jean x

Jean stop drinking H2O,I don’t like spirits of any description but tried a brandy sour and it was ok.Worth trying once,all the people at work used to rave about them.Cobs were excellent 😋😋😋

Dave..
    What is a brandy sour?
    The brandy is very large and fire water!!..
    Still only had coffees and water today ..

Xx

No idea but they all loved it,I only drink out of a pint pot,mild bitter, Guinness,lager very occasionally cider.But the one I had wasn’t particularly strong.

At the ice hockey tonight then watching it again at midnight.

Evening!
    Jean- sounds like you’re having a great time! Hope Steve improves as well.
    Dave- such a shame you couldn’t go, hopefully next summer…
    Minols- hope you didn’t miss your menfolk too much & aren’t too crazy with work.
    Cakey- lovely to have some concerts planned before Christmas! Hope you’ve left time for shoping! Has your daughter got a moving in date yet?
    Poor dad hasn’t had much sleep-you know what that’s like, Dave! The consultant wasn’t optimistic that it’ll clear without surgery, but they’re worried about his heart & how he’ll recover…will have to wait & see. Still going ahead with Mum’s birthday bash as all the grandchildren can make it, usually some are working. So have got cleaning & cooking to do as well as spending quite a while at the hospital.

Morning All..
    Sunny this morning.. quite a bit of cloud yesterday afternoon..

Having breakfast then out to see if we can catch the local bus.. 5 Euro for a days roaming each..

Dave..
    Just had two wines with a meal last night couldn’t face brandy.. ok today..

Hedgehog..
    What a worry and near Mums Birthday too..it’s a balancing act when there’s a few problems, like Steve! Our thoughts are with you I am sure the doctors will sort something out..I don’t know when the birthday bash is, at least the grandchildren will help to keep mums spirits up..

Seems a bit quiet on here over the last few days.. hope everyone is ok..

Jean x

Jean we went in the fruit market in Pathos but be careful, Denise asked for a cucumber and ended up with six,they just piled everything into a bag,they even let you try it before you buy it,it at least they did years ago There is also a big market indoor and out that Denise likes,all this was 2009.Didnt go to bed until 3 am and will probably be the same again today or should I say tomorrow 😁

Dave..
    No pelicans at the harbour… enjoyed the old market and later sat around the harbour …good ride out on the bus..

Seem to get cloudy afternoons from 1pm but all’s well.. quite a nice atmosphere in the hotel all the same age group..lol

Enjoy your sports..

Jean x

We used to go in the Robin Hood pub and the Aces Bar at night.The last time we went a few places had closed down so we started going to Protaras instead,lots of bars where they have different acts on so some are good and some not so good.

Hedgehog..
    Any up date on Dad?.. thinking about you..sending hugs.

Jean x

Hope you’re dad’s feeling better HH.

Hi all

Busy conference day with some of my folks. Really good input… But head a bit wiped out. Quite intense.

Boys doing alright and I ve spent the evening sewing a ‘proof of concept bag that I want to make for myself for a fancy function in a couple of weeks. Don’ t do fancy so need to do it on my own terms.

Off to bed soon as I have to be on the ball tomorrow.

Really hope your dad feels better, HH.

Mx

Going to be another 3 am this morning 🙃🙃🙃 going to Blackburn tomorrow afternoon for more hockey 😀hope you all have a great sleep.

Morning all! Little pickle puppy thought it was time to start the day at 5am this morning, so woke me up…
    Jean- sounds like the holiday is great, icecream by the seaside, lovely! Enjoy yourselves!
    Minols- I’m probably derpy but what’s a proof of concept bag? So many conferences, on top of your busy job, poor you!
    Dave- enjoy all the sport…
    Dad wasn’t too good yesterday; he now has a chest infection & his breathing hasn’t been great, which makes surgery even more risky. Nothings shifted, but the surgeon’s holding out as long as he can…I think that they have spelt it out to Dad, Mum at times seems a bit oblivious to all the risks, but then at other times seems accepting of it- I think the worries we have about her are quite justified. Hubby was up with her yesterday & was able to talk to the consultant so we know exactly what’s going on- the hospital staff were treading carefully trying to explain things to her. The hospital have been brilliant on the whole, so pleased about that. It’s her birthday today- it’s my son’s last march in the Remembrance Parade this morning- he’s the most senior cadet so is leading- & she always comes to watch, so we’ll do that & then go & visit Dad. Everyone’s coming over this evening.
    Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Hi HH
    It was just a fact way of saying I’m trying out a ‘pattern’ (loose set of instructions that make something look easy when it’s not!) for a clasp purse/bag. I didn’t want to use the fabric I’ve got for the bag I want for the night out in case it all goes horribly wrong and I wanted to prove to myself that I understood all the ‘turn the fabric this way. See that way’ typr instructions. I ve learned that the inter-layer I thought I could’ve use is too bulky really for my machine. I ve learned that I really like French seams but they’re probably not the way to go with this bag. I ve learned that my preferred quarter inch seam from patchwork ING is probably a bit tight when using harris tweed. I’ve one bit of work I won’t be able to fully test until tomorrow, but I’m pretty happy with what I’ve learned and REALLY glad that for once I didn’t just dive straight in. But oh – it was so wonderful to have a couple of uninterrupted hours to try it out thoroughly and not be laughed at for taking to myself!

Hope you jhave a lively day with your Mum.

Mx

Morning All..just..

A lazy morning yet again had a walk along the front to see a lovely little church.. then realised we didn’t have our tee shirts on and it’s Sunday so may go back another day more prepared..

Steve aching a bit today was quite busy sightseeing yesterday a bit too much. We are doing between 9000 and10,000 steps a day within the hotel..it covers a wide area.

We have done a two mins silence which I thought was nice..a bit ahead of you ..

Picked up some water and saw some Chinese spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce, delicious hope they are about for lunch..they were for snacks..😂

Hedgehog..
    What a worry with dad and even your mum..hoping they can sort the chest infection out and then maybe an op.. just realised mum might not understand the importance of things.. have a lovely birthday for her if you can..

Last parade for your son, I did quite a few at 13 to about 17.. guides into cadets…some very icy and freezing days ..he is growing up ..

Minols.
    Thanks for the explanation of the bag I was wondering too..good luck it can be faffy..

Dave..
    Enjoy the hockey today… Yorkshire’s and something to eat 😂 enjoy..

Jean x

I didn’t last out until 3am,was too tired so went to bed at 1-30am.I recorded the game but it can be hit and miss recording on the internet.Not watching the Derby match today will record that ,I will be traveling to Blackburn when it kicks off.Been pouring down this morning but the sun is shining now so Heidi time.

Glad I went to bed we lost 5-1😥😥😥

Evening everyone

HH so sorry to hear about your dad. Phil suffered with a sigmoid volvulus where the bowel twists on itself. Happened a few times and very similar symptoms to an obstruction. Hope they manage to agree an appropriate treatment plan.

Dave, good thing you didn’t stay up with your team losing. The rehab seems to be going well.

Jean, hope the holiday has been relaxing. Sounds like you’ve been very active.

Minols, the mere thought of making something fills me with dread. I barely managed when the girls were little and came home with some random ‘costume’ I needed to ‘create’.

Pseudo, CW et al, all quiet. Hope eveyone is alright.

Weight is stable at the moment, but about a stone up from my lightest in July. Having to eat wheat at the moment is meaning I’m tending to eat more than usual. Need to have it as part of more than one meal a day until I’m tested in early Feb. Iron tablets are a joy as usual.

Things are really picking up in work, and where I’ve been quiet for a while, I’ll be juggling 3 projects for at least a couple of months, so that will keep me away from daytime snacking. Exam in early December as well, so may try and do some reading on the evenings Bec works to keep me busy.

Hope everyone is well, take care

Lynne x

Went to hockey in Blackburn,they won 6-1 then came home and watched City v United we won 3-1 so all in all a great day😁😁😁😁😁

Morning All..
    Beautiful day again.. last two days of holiday working our way back home on Wednesday..
    We wanted a relaxing time and we have had it..eaten and drank at amazing rate goodness knows how much weight we have both put on.. it will definitely kick start the system back in the 5.2 route..it’s three years since we have really been off plan..

Laid on top of bed and time I moved to see the day.. a very small breakfast waiting ‘ my body is telling me’ 😂

Lynne ..
    Good news your weights stable and a plan is in place till February .. hope the wheat shows what the docs are looking for.. and busy until Christmas at work..

Dave ..
    Good news on your teams..Steve is ☹️

Hedgehog..
    Hoping things are improving for Dad.. and the birthday went well..

Pseu..
    Everything ok you are very quiet..

Lots of people missing??? Hope you are coming back ..

Have a good fasting day everyone..

Jean x

Morning all!
    Not going to be around much for the next week I’m afraid, not good news with Dad. They’ve given Dad a choice of the operation, with only a slim chance he’d pull though, & if he did there’d further reconstructive surgeries, probably his stomach will never heal & they don’t think he’ll ever be able to go home, he’ll be in a nursing home for the rest of his life…or to let nature take it’s course. He’s opted for that, he wants to go to a hospice, so we’re hoping that can get sorted. They think it’ll be 3 or 4 days, I think it’ll be longer than that. He was amazingly cheerful yesterday, so although there were lots of tears, we did have some laughs too. Decided Mum’s birthday get together would be his wake! But obviously it was all difficult, not sure how I managed it all, but there we go. Mum is coping okay so far.
    So hope everyone else has a better week…

Oh I’m so sorry, HH. Not what you were hoping for. How brave your Dad is being. If you need somewhere to vent you know we’re here for you – especially as you help your mum through this, too. Praying for you all.

Mx

Hedgehog..
    Our thoughts are with you all.. the news isn’t good but hope you can all rally around him and make him as comfortable .. you all will have to be strong..

I can’t imagine what you all feel like.. lots of hugs to you all..

All my love Jean x

HH so sorry,I know how you feel I have been through it.its an awful feeling but what got me through it was thinking that he won’t be in pain when it’s over,so that was a big help to me.

Fast day today, who’s with me? going well up to now,no hunger pangs.The rain has stopped and the sun is shining so time for walkies, Heidi is giving me the look😁

Just whizzed up some lovely veg I fished out of a casserole last week with a little bit of beef bovril – lovely, rich flavoured soup.

Haven’t been perfect today but hopefully good enough.

Mx

HH, we’re all here when you need us. So sorry about your dad, keeping him comfortable is all that matters now. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Take care

Lynne x

Viewing 50 posts - 19,901 through 19,950 (of 35,460 total)

You must be logged in to reply.