Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,909 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 7 hours, 21 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,101 through 15,150 (of 35,396 total)

• Morning everyone,

Minols, sorry you had a tough day emotionally yesterday, but so glad to hear your feeling better today. It is a hard time of year for many, your a lovely person being there for everyone, take time for yourself too x

FD for me today, I actually work up thinking thank goodness its a FD 🙂 I feel so calm on a FD and hopefully today will go that way. After this one, just two more before the Christmas week!

Jean, we definitely need to sort out a January challenge. I think we’ll all be 100% focused and determined come January 🙂 I’m feeling wonderful that this time last year I hadn’t even started properly, and now I’ve lost weight and feel better, so am in a much comfier place to start next year 🙂

Its funny, work isn’t feeling Christmasy at all .. years ago, everyone would decorate the office so it was like a grotto, since we moved to our new place 12 months ago, all that seems to have gone for some reason. Just a week to work and not any feel of Christmas here. I cant wait to finish next Friday! Saying that though, I found out one of my favourite people at work is leaving 🙁 its purely her decision, as the commute is too much .. to be honest it is for me too, but I can’t afford to leave without the security of another job. I’ll really miss her though, she’s our HR Manager and has been a huge support to me over the years. I’m happy she’s getting out though, this office is so far out and hard to get to for so many of us 🙁 Cheap rent though I’m presuming!

Anyway, that’s enough waffling for now, hope a lot are joining me today. Lets making a good one!

Together we’re stronger (oh I do miss Audrey)

xxx

Oh my word, I wrote a massive post and it disappeared!!

Minols, so sorry you had a tough day emotionally yesterday, but glad your feeling better today. Its a hard time of year for so many, your a lovely person being there for everyone, take time for yourself too x

Jean, we definitely need to sort out a January challenge. I think we’re all going to be 100% focused in January. I’m feeling wonderful, thinking back to this time last year when I’d not even started and now I’ve lost weight, I’m in a comfier place to start off next year 🙂

Its funny, but the office isn’t feeling Christmasy at all yet. Years ago, we’d decorate it so it was like a grotto! Since we moved here 12 months ago, all that seems to have gone 🙁 One week to work and no feel of Christmas at all here!

I found out yesterday one of my favourite people at work is leaving 🙁 Purely personal reasons, and the commute being too much. I understand and am so glad she’s getting out, but I’ll miss her. She’s our HR Manager and has been a huge support to me over the years.

FD for me today, and I woke up thinking thank goodness! I feel so much calmer on a FD, hope a few are joining me, lets make it a good one!

Together we’re stronger (I do miss Audrey)

xx

Morning All…

Raining here…FD for us..

Going to collect the caravan from service and put it back in storage….fill it all with everything and make it ship shape for next visit away…..get the house and garage tidy again, you would never believe the stuff we carry in it…

Minols…glad you are feeling more yourself today…..

Christmas has sad memories for a lot of people…of family who have passed away…my mum 18th Dec, Steve’s Mum 23rd Dec, Steve’s dad 30th Dec, my Dad 9th Jan …my grandma 26th Dec….some years it hits you, some years are better, Xmas songs get to you…

Time passes the memories are still there.

Kay…
    Are you house hunting….any luck yet…are you staying around the Devon area….

Have a good day everyone…any more fasting?

Jean x

Morning all. It’s quiet on here this morning.

Hope today is going better so far Minols!

I’ve done two FDs this week, but I think I’ll do another one today to try to do as much good as possible before the blow outs start. Who else is doing today?

I’m fasting today. I’m hoping my posts are showing up, I typed a long one earlier and then it disappeared. I can see the one I re-did but not sure if anyone else can 🙁

Hope everyone is doing okay x

DF- If it’s quiet at work maybe you should get the party started & get decorating!! It’s hard when people you get on with leave work, especially if it’s quiet as well.
    Minols & Jean- hope that you can find good memories & happiness in the hope of Christmas as well as remembering loved ones…
    Stay strong all you fasters! 🙂

Weird, when I typed my first post none of the others had showed up, I thought it was odd no one had been on. I always refresh the page before I post but it’s only now I can see them.

My office isn’t festive either, I put up a concertina snowman card on the windowsill and I’m wearing my Christmas jumper but that’s it.

I think it’s warmer today, but my fingers are absolutely frozen, they’re like numb little blocks of ice sticking out of the ends of my gloves. Brrrr.

Hope everyone’s staying strong! I’m feeling a bit hungry, but will try and carry on!!

Pseu, we’re having a Christmas Jumper Day at work tomorrow for charity! I don’t actually have a Christmas Jumper lol, I’ll still contribute though, and I get to wear my casual clothes 🙂

Keep sending me positive vibes to help me through this afternoon!

x

supposedly FD today but just too much food floating about trying hard not to eat it all. Spinning class today and weight down to 101.9 kgs which is progress. Moving house tomorrow hope the rain stays off. House is a sea of boxes and they’re all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same. Ha!

Hope the move goes well tomorrow Michelin 🙂 Done it a few times myself and I remember the sea of boxes! LOL at the song 😛 So hard to fast when there’s food everywhere!!

My determination is waning. I can’t be bothered to walk over to the shop, but I think I might cave when I get home.

Best of luck with the move, hope it all goes smoothly!

Afternoon All…

Back from the caravan and everything back straight..only forgot one box so that’s not too bad….although the weather seems much better it’s still really cold…

FD going ok not really thought about it just having a cuppa to warm ourselves up…

DL…
    Sorry I missed your post this morning…hoping your office gets more festive…ours slowed down a couple of days before Christmas then the in between week was so dead, long and drawn out…

Enjoy your relaxed clothes day tomorrow…

Yes those festive pounds will have to move in January….let’s hope they are worth the calories..😂

Pseu..
    Hope your third fast of the week goes well today…my watch is whizzing around my wrist, it must be so cold or I have lost a stone.!..😂..I wish..keep warm..

Hedgehog…
    Thanks for your thoughts…we are ok up to now..😀…it’s a sad time for a lot of lonely people..

Mich..
    Let’s hope for dry day tomorrow for you move .good luck it can be stressful…and you can get reasonably straight for Christmas…

Keep strong everybody…

Jean x

Im joining people in the fasting today….hope its going well…all good here!

I AM VERY HUNGRY…..another hour to eat…

Stick with it Jean! I tapped out and went for food.

I’m hungry too!! We can do this lol. What’s with us all today???

Keep strong all of you, I promise I won’t share with you what I’ve been eating today!!
    Hope the move goes okay tomorrow Mstar!

All finished now but I say one thing….roll on breakfast..😂

Steve complaining I gave him small eggs and small bread with a hole in it!!…he must be hungry too…

Hope everybody doing OK…I think it’s the cold weather again making us hungry..

Xx

Well done, everyone – it’s been a hard day for you all.

I’ll pick up the baton for a while tomorrow – I’m going to fast until my friends arrive so that can enjoy time with them for 24 hours. I’m hoping to make a chicken and ham pie out of leftover roasts for tomorrow, and I’ve already made a cottage pie for Saturday.Must go…Cubs have just phoned and apparently I was supposed to be picking up the boy 30 mins ago!!!!
    Mx

I’ll be with you tomorrow, Minols! Hope your boy wasn’t wondering where you’d got to… have a lovely time with your friends!

Morning all! Feel ready to fast- yesterday was a bit of a blow out, ‘in for a penny, in for a pound’ sort of day! But feeling quite festive!!
    Cakey- how are thing’s going, you’ve gone quiet?

Morning all,

NFD today, and just had a mince pie for brekky!! Need to stay sensible though. Yesterday was so hard, but I did it 🙂 I really do think its the cold, and the fact that we’re all winding down for Christmas week 🙂

Minols, Hedgehogs have a good FD today 🙂

Michelin, hope your move goes well today!!!

Jean, everyone was hungry yesterday. Had a laugh at you giving Steve small eggs and bread with holes in 😛

Pseu, hope your okay today 🙂

Friday everyone!

xx

Morning all.

Well done for sticking with it DF and Jean, it seems yesterday was a hungry day for all!

I’ll be holding off eating for today until I go out to a deserts place this evening. Yum!

Morning All…

A lovely bright day today…

Weigh in this morning …1 lb on for me and 2 lbs on for Steve….I am ok about it but Steve’s a bit despondent..he ate a lot the other week and lost, this week he’s been really good ( and starving himself) and 2 lbs on??..its the way it is may be better next week…although he is saying sod it ..it’s Xmas now…

Mich…
    Have a good moving day I hope you have our weather it’s spot on…

Minols…
    Enjoy your visitors…you have all the food organised..good luck fasting until they arrive…ps hope the boy was OK being forgotten…what are you like…lol

Hedgehog..
    Have a good fast day today…too many nice things about now…roll on January…

DF…
    Mince pie for breakfast…lol…Steve had large eggs and a large bread..with one hole…men make such an issue, he was hungry I think!

I think you are right the wind down is about now, it’s hard when getting things in and being tempted..

Pseu..
    My sort of place a Dessert Place…have a lovely evening…keep strong till then…

Steve’s daughter I think us coming up on Sunday to stay the night..so a meal out…and I will have to start making some Xmas treats….she is quite iffy with her times, so can’t cook for her, it could be 2 pm or even as late as 8pm..she gets me very frustrated but I have to go with the flow…

Doing a bit of cleaning and sorting guest bedroom out for her but not any thing else planned yet…

Have a good day all…
    Jean x

“Have a cake.”
    “Very tempting, but no thanks.”
    “Go on. Have one. Why not?”
    “Because I’ve lost weight and I’d rather not put it back on.”
    “You could do with an extra pound or two, women aren’t meant to be stick thin.”

Not helpful.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂…people say you are fat could do to loose a bit of weight for health reasons…you loose and they say you could do to put on, your face is too thin, don’t loose too much!

So true

X

Pseu, we can’t win lol!!! I agree that conversation wasn’t helpful but did giggle at it a bit 🙂

xx

Pseudo- take it as a compliment- first someone saying you’re skinny at the party, then you need to put on a pound or two because you’re stick thin?!! Obviously people are noticing!! Like Jean & DF say, you can’t win, & it’s usually down to envy at your will-power! My Mum’s terrible for that; my Dad is morbidly obese, she nags him about his weight, then keeps offering him biscuits etc.!
    Quieter day for me, we did nip out to a Christmas Barn & bought a couple of small decorations, I like to get one new bauble or something every year. Luckily the food stands were all closed today!
    Did weigh myself today, another 2 pounds off- I am at my ‘realistic’ target for before Christmas (as opposed to my dream target!!), so if I lose another pound next week that’ll give me a tiny bit of wiggle room for over Christmas!!
    Sorry Jean that you & Steve didn’t lose any, it does go like that sometimes…

The person who said it today can’t tell what size I am I’m so bundled up. I don’t think he was saying that I’m stick thin, more that I shouldn’t be trying to be. Just a thing people say I suppose.

Good job on the 2lb off!

Well my fast day didnt quite work yesterday, but it was an ok day, not ott.

I think its too near christmas for me to have much success, but I am trying to cut back in the day at least and have lowish cal meals. Its the other stuff that will be the problem!

Just done a bit of tidying up. Neil is due home soon and we are going to walk along to our local at teatime, to see whos there and find out if anything is happening for christmas and new years eve. Weve not been along for several weeks.

Ellies lump over her eye appears to be changing, so Im just hoping its changing for the better, who knows. She seems ok in herself still and eating and drinking etc so one day at a time.

So looking at houses and the plan is to hand our notice in on Jan 14th rather than pay up front again. Quite a difficult time, but weve done it before and will manage it again.

Mich,hope the move is going well. A couple of years ago (our 2nd to last move!!!) we moved on 19th Dec and did the move ourselves. Very manic but it was ok and were reasonably straight for christmas.

Jean, you made me laugh with Steve having a large egg and large bread.

DF, hope there were plenty of christmas jumpers in the office. Ive not got 1 either, just a tshirt with monty the penguin on from the John Lewis christmas adverts a few years ago!

Pseu, its weird isnt it what others think and say!

Hedgehogs and Minols, hope your fasting is going ok and Minols enjoy your evening and day with your visitors.

Bright and cold here today, which is better than wet and windy like yesterday!

Im not sure what happened with the forum yesterday. I had no alerts all day then last night I had 2 alerts for each post!

Right Neils home….and hes been shopping…so Im off to see whats in the bags!

Yep, it did that to me with the alerts too. I thought there was some sort of party going on here last night! 😀

Kay- give your Ellie a big hug from me! Ours had her favourite walk this morning- to the shop & the vets, which she love as she gets lots of treats!)- and I made her bed up with fresh bedding, she got straight in & hasn’t moved since! Hope her lump settles, & hope that you find somewhere nice!
    Pseudo- not so flattering then if you’re in many layers!!
    Jean- did Steve’s cold/ sniffles ever come to anything? Hope that you don’t get too stressed about his daughter’s visit, sounds tense already!

Hedgehog…
    Well done on the 2 lbs off you are very consistent…the ADF really suits you….it’s maybe a thought in the new year for us….don’t think Steve would do it though..I get him to do it for about a month then he wants to go back to 5.2…

Kay..
    We are all the same well we are…lol….it’s hard now ..fast when you can and enjoy the time in between …just made shortbread for step daughters visit on Sunday ….as it’s hot bits of trimmings and trying one…well you have too..I think a glass of the red later…enjoy tonight…glad Ellie’s is still holding her own…

Jean x

Hedgehog..

Posts crossed ..

It can be a bit stressful…I an quite an organised person always on time….when you are waiting for someone over a 6 hour period..I just said I aren’t cooking!

There’s a selection of naughties in but they will ride till Christmas if she doesn’t come…still holding our breath..lol…I do get on quite well with this one it’s just the time keeping…

Steve’s manflu lasted the day, I think I heard three sniffles…he is lovely but a very poor patient.

Hope your furry one is OK..a bit of TLC….

Jean x

Thank you Jean- my old lady dog is just slowing down- we only went to the vets to pick up some more of her medication; she had a lovely cuddle with her favourite vet & some treats, so she was happy! Maybe you could persuade Steve to do a blitz to get you started of ADF for a couple of weeks in January? It is at least one day at a time, that is what I love about this diet/ lifestyle, you’re only dieting for one day!
    Another chilly morning here- I’m out all morning doing a Church thing, we’ll be handing out Christmas blessing cards & chocolates, so I’ll be getting very tempted by the choccies & very cold! Non FD, so I might treat myself to a hot chocolate too!
    Hope everyone else has a lovely day!
    Mstar- hope the move went well, & the children like their new house!

Morning All..
    A very frosty start again…

A pop out to the shops need milk and bits…we were in yesterday so a walk out will be nice..

Hedgehog…glad the vets was for meds only that’s not too bad and treats in the bargain..🐶

I think a weigh increase over the holiday may make Steve kick start and try AFDs..I hope..

Enjoy your day it will get you all Christmassy 🎅🏼🎅🏼

Mich…hope you are getting all sorted…burn those calories…lol

Speak later have a good day everyone..

Jean x

Afternoon All…
    Hoping everyone is getting their jobs done…

Made my Meringue Gelato Icecream for over Christmas it’s in the freezer, and my plain Chocolate Coconut Bites, just waiting to put chocolate on the outside…

I am about ready for step daughter now, so it’s a bit of before Christmas with her….she supposed to be here for 2 ish so that would be a good time…

Had a lovely hour with a neighbour we lived next door to at the other side of the village, delivering cards…she started the 5.2 last February after seeing us in Lidl…she has lost 2 1/2 stone, she wants another 7 lbs off but she is maintaining at the moment…she looks very good…

Jean x

Finally warmed up after this morning, it was nice being out with buskers singing Christmas songs, didn’t eat any chocolates- we gave away 4 tubs of Heroes in all!
    Jean- hope all goes well with step-daughter, & nice for you to see your neighbour doing so well after you introduced her to 5:2!

Morning All…

A very cold start again…

Hoping everyone is holding up around these tempting things…we had a few things yesterday and a couple of festive drinks last night then wondered why!…then feeling iffy this morning…just not used to drinking and we only had three!

I have knocked trifle things, some truffles and a cheesecake off the to do list…how many things can two people eat? although I have not bought things in to eat…I have gone on overdrive at cooking and baking…freezer things will get eaten over the following months so not bothered about them…..hoping step daughter will eat some things today 😀.

We will be eating out tonight so that will be it up to xmas….

Have a good day..

Jean x

Morning! Cold & frosty here as well. FD for me- felt very hungry first thing, but that’s gone off with an extra cup of tea, luckily, so many tempting things about!
    Enjoy your meal out Jean!

Afternoon….
    Sat here in PJs at 10 am having our morning cuppa discussing car wanting washing and me a bit of ironing to clear the decks…

A knock at the door daughter arrived…she set off at 5.30 am….threw us completely…first time ever arrived before her time…lol

She is nicely wading through my baking…so a good point…they are both outside now washing our and her car so I am having a quiet time catching up on here…letting them having a dad and daughter moment….

Hedgehog…hoping your fasting day is going well…it always does….you do very well..😀

Jean x

Haha, I bet that shocked you, Jean! I hate people arriving early, or turning up unannounced!
    FD okay, had a cereal bar lunchtime & will have soup (for a change!) tonight- but both boys are off & at home today which means constant food! They both work hard, so I’m happy to do them cooked breakfast when they’re off, so of course they never both wake & want one at the same time, that would be too easy! And then raiding the fridge for lunch, snacking on cake… doing a stew tonight, no Sunday roast this week, no more roast til Christmas!

Eek Jean, bet that was a shock!

Hedgehogs, you are doing so well!

We went out for a couple of hours earlier. Not overly cold here now and the rain and wind have moved on.

It seems as though Ellie has another UTI, the 3rd since the end of October, so something clearer not right there. The lump over her eye is horrific, poor thing.
    Ive been quite upset today as I think she may be getting towards the point of nothing really helping her. Trying to stay positive though. She is happily eating and drinking though, so it cant be too bad!

I am managing to keep the cals under control, but I dont know how long it will last!
    And I have a major food in transit problem!!!

Tomorrow Im fasting, anyone else?

Kay x

Poor Ellie, Kay… it’s so hard with pets. As long as she’s eating, that’s good. Dreading making that decision with our girl.
    Had a bit of a slip & had a leftover dumpling, so not that good!
    I’m sure you’ll have company on your fast tomorrow Kay!

Evening All…

Definitely a FD for us tomorrow…a bit of a naughty weekend…daughter will be moving on in the morning to see her Mum and sister…it’s been a nice chatty day…lovely meal out..

She’s is really shattered as she was up at 4 am she has been on earlies this week so that’s why she was early and on the road before traffic…a nice surprise…still I do like to get my hair and makeup on before visitors..lol..she has gone to bed now..

Kay…
    I feel for Ellie it must be uncomfortable for her…still if she’s eating it’s all a good sign…is her UTI to do with the antibiotics as it effects us like that?

Hedgehog..
    Hope you managed to keep up the cooking for your boys today..keeping you on your toes…

Night night..

Jean x

Morning all,

Kay, thinking of you and Ellie, hope she’ll be okay *hugs*

Hope everyone had a good weekend. They go so fast! Bet this last week at work doesn’t go that quick!

Two fasts to get through before Christmas break, today is number 1!!

Lets make it a good one, and one last push before Christmas!!

Back later xx

Hello everyone, finally let the removals guys go at 5-30 pm on Friday (nightmare). Been up and down stairs and loft ladders so many times that I’ve lost count didn’t really eat that much either so weight down to 101.2kg this morning. Was going do an FD but caved in to a cooked breakfast so will do a gym session and an NFD for me . Still got to buy fridge /freezer and Range cooker . all recommendations welcomed have a great day …..

Morning all.
    I had a really gluttonous weekend, I don’t even know why, just couldn’t seem to stop myself eating constantly. By last night I felt really ill, rubbishy food might taste nice but it leaves me feeling icky afterwards.
    FD today, might do a back to back with tomorrow, but it depends if I decide to go out in the evening. Apart from today, the only night I’m home this week might be Thursday and Sunday, but since Sunday is Christmas eve and I’ll have my parents with me that doesn’t count. Busy busy week – can’t see me going to all the outings, I’ll be too drained.

Mstar – I bet your glad the actual moving is done! Sounds like you’re still super busy though.

Jean – Did you say that you’re relaxing (food wise) from today on?

Kay – Poor Ellie, having so many UT infections can’t be nice.

Afternoon All..

Late post as step daughters just gone …we had a lovely time I get on with her very well…a good meal last night but felt very over eaten all day and like you Pseu we both felt quite icky last night and couldn’t settle.

Only good thing, step daughter has been parcelled off with fruit cake for her sister, most of the shortcake and muesli buns for herself and flat mate…cupboard much bare now..she has saved the day…😂..there’s a few bits left but I feel much happier.

A nightmare last night…she went to bed early as she was shattered..just settled down to watch The Crown when we had a power cut…waited 30 mins didn’t come on so went to bed..it was off till 12.30 am when it came back on…our electric smoke alarm went on battery, when electric came back on it started blipping, it didn’t return to electric…so annoying after 30 mins and getting louder…difficult when you have visitors…so we had to get up and sorted it ..better than last time when it was ripped out of the ceiling in temper!!…lol

Mich..
    Glad to hear from you …..you have been burning loads of calories and not eating…lol…glad you are getting sorted.

Pseu..
    We are fasting today…a bit more relaxed over the weekend…fasting again Thursday…..hoping thoughtful food Tuesday and Wednesday…then that will be it till 2nd January.

DF..
    Hoping for a good push till Friday am…Steve may feel different!!…two fasts and two low days…enjoy your walk today…

Kay..
    Let’s make it a good fast day a few of us with you…

Looking at the ‘to buy fresh food list’ there is that much crossed out ( naughties, like 3 pots of cream, chestnuts, trifle sponges) I have had to re write it..😇…..😂

Have a good day…

Jean x

Hope you’re all doing okay!
    Mstar- glad you’re in now, a lot to do still! We had a Moben kitchen & rushed into it when we moved here, but that was 11 years ago- don’t know if they’re in business still, but wouldn’t recommend them though. The range cooker we had is going well, it’s a Technik one, not sure if you can buy them now but it’s been good. The last freezer we bought is Beko- I know they’ve had bad press but the freezer is very good. John Lewis sometimes have good stuff & offers too. Happy shopping!
    Pseudo- hope you soon feel better! & hope you’re up to the social events- make the most of it!
    Jean- glad the visit went well, & cupboards nearly emptied of temptations, that’s a result! Hope you & Steve are doing okay.
    DF & Kay- stay strong with your fast!
    I’m keeping low today, & not sure about the rest of the week, whether I do ADF or some B2B… helping out with a Christmas holiday club Weds & Thurs- it could be busy with no time to eat, or there could be lots of biscuits etc. on offer! I might wait & see how I feel each day!
    PS Jean- I told my Mum about your pastry recipe, she says she always uses SR flour in hers, but her pastry is worse than mine!! So dry…. maybe she forgets to put butter in it, lol! She made me a couple of mince pies which I tried for breakfast- had to pick most of the pastry off & just eat the filling!

Viewing 50 posts - 15,101 through 15,150 (of 35,396 total)

You must be logged in to reply.