Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 4 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,601 through 14,650 (of 35,400 total)

• Morning all!
    DF- I agree with you about the programme- it was interesting to see what they’d worked out the people’s calorie requirements to be- well over what I’ve calculated mine to be, although I know I’m not that active! I do agree that metabolism plays a big part. I never feel like I have enough sleep, but I do average 7-8 hours; that could be the tablets I’m on though!
    Minols- your menu for tomorrow sounds good!
    I’m fasting today- Pseudo are you joining me daytime? Are you out again tonight?
    I’m making a birthday cake for my Mum, so did lick the whisks (can never resist that!!), but I shall be good the rest of the day!! Family all coming over tomorrow for a Chinese to celebrate.

Morning All…

A very disappointed morning for us both up 2 lbs….we have been good ..I thought..we have had three cakes over the week which doesn’t warrant the weight gain…we are not stopping everything..even no wine..and three fasts too…

Still line drawn…hoping food in transit…😀..that’s how it goes…the baking which I was going to do is off the job list…but I have family coming Sunday…😬..they will expect some baking!..

Goodness knows what we can eat today I am at a total blank…..gaffer tape across our mouth..🤐

Hair colouring this morning and shopping after lunch..

Minols..
    Hope you don’t ache too much this morning after all the work yesterday…it is so annoying when you have these sleepless nights on a FD night…I do a lot, I find it hard…occasionally it’s a horlicks in the middle of the night if I am desperate which I don’t count..lol..have you tried the 375mg magnesium tablet, we have been off them a bit due to holidays and forgetting..trying to remember again…I think they help after a couple of weeks of taking them.

DF..
    I agree try and put up with it…I didn’t get redundancy with the first job that was going under..but it suited school times and difficult to find another job to fit in…I just rode it out, a couple of hours slowly working and chatting, a couple of hours having a coffee with my manager, then another hour working…I was self employed working in a supermarket coming and going..my manager knew the situation…the shop stopped paying their accounts in the end so we knew it was coming to the end…

Weekend pending..😀..for the workers…

Hedgehog..
    Have a good FD and a lovely family day tomorrow…..happy birthday to your Mum 🎂

I am thinking through the programme…see if I can put anything into practice…my daughter eats like them and anything, then she has days when she doesn’t really eat..she likes her wine..maybe too much for my liking but I think it’s her good weather it makes it too easy. Strangely she has a cheese sandwich for her breakfast every day about 9.30 but then doesn’t do lunch usually …makes you think..

Jean x

Morning all!

Yup Hedgehogs I’m with you for the work day, then having pizza over a friends house tonight.

I had a really nice evening yesterday, and a couple of nice surprises – I got changed into my nicer clothes, went to put my belt on, and discovered it was way too big. I can’t punch another hole in it, because it has little round studs all over it, sad to lose my belt but thrilled it is now too big to wear.
    One of my friends gave me a life home, and when he dropped me off he told me I was looking fantastic! He doesn’t even know I’m on a diet. Great to know the difference actually is noticeable! 😀

Pseu…
    That’s really great, lovely when people notice…shame about the the belt…

Have a lovely day…enjoy your pizza tonight…

Jean x

Jean,
    Oh no, 2lb up .. you’ve been so good! It will come off quick, like you say food in transit 🙂 Luckily I was a 1lb down .. I’ve had a few treats this week though, so was surprised.

Pseu,
    Its wonderful when people notice the weight-loss! Such a good feeling 🙂

Hedgehogs,
    Hope your days going well so far, keep strong 🙂

xx

Enjoy shopping for a new belt, Pseudo!
    Jean- I’m sure that 2lbs will disappear- and you were so good in your caravan…
    Well done DF, and thanks, going okay so far- coffee with a neighbour, resisted the biscuits!

Sym …. Never saw the programme but it does sound like how I ate when young and skinny. Lol….

Never thought about food on a basis that I do now.. would have no breakfast then a roll crammed with chips from the local chippy… followed by a fresh cream iced bun. Lol

Never really enjoyed a big ( proper meal) .. thing is all is emphasized on this sensible healthy food but everyone seems to be fatter than ever Lol.

Did notice yesterday while shopping so many lovely young women really big… Something is very wrong.

You will soon kick those couple of pounds to the curb. Xxxx I am happy within 3lbs… cope able I reckon.

Please give my kind regards to our Aud hope she is doing ok. Xxxx

What I don’t understand, and why I wasn’t (though now I might) weighing that often is that don’t your natural body cycles make you go and down in weight to an extent anyway? Especially for women?

Afternoon All….

Oh dear oh dear…we went out shopping and called in at a local pub, it has been re vamped and new owners…thought we would give it a try..
    It was so so good… a pensioners special..( I still feel 50)..two courses stuffed to the hilt…two wines for me that didn’t touch the sides it was so good…😀
    Change from fish and chips…if I had 2 lbs on now I would accept that….he he…

DF…
    A pound off for you well done…I can never understand the losses or gains…that’s life..you eat and loose then you are good and you are up…

Hedgehog…
    Well done on the biscuits and refraining..a lovely catch up always nice…

Hemmy..
    Lovely to hear from you and good you are holding your own…I am still a bit up from my maintaining after holidays but life is good…I will keep on top of it, 4 lbs a drift at the moment….Audrey has lost about 7 lbs on WW seems to be enjoying the change…not heard from her in a while weight wise… look after yourself please pop by…

Keep strong fasters…😀

Jean x

Pseudo- I definitely notice anything up to 3lbs weight gain at that time of the month- although in the past could be the carb craving I used to get!! I’m 48, should be getting to nearly past all that I would’ve thought?, but I feel terribly hormonal this month, like when I was a teenager!! Maybe it’s a last hurrah?!! TMI? sorry!

Afternoon everyone

Hemmy, lovely to hear from you, I’ve really missed you.

Jean, 2lb could quite easily be food in transit, it’ll soon come off.

Pseudo, I weigh daily and although I do see my weight fluctuate I find I can see a pattern. Enjoy your pizza tonight.

Hedgehogs, I’m 52 and can’t wait for TM to stop, like you getting a bit more erratic.

Minols, your supper sounds wonderful, Eton Mess is my favourite and I can never resist it.

DF, hope work picks up, if only to keep you busy on FD.

FD went well on Wed and not too bad FD yesterday. Today another FD and so far managing on just coffee, though up a lot last night and a bit tired.

Looking forward to the weekend. Bec has final GCSE maths on Monday, had 3 this week, and although has other exams coming up the week after hopefully the stress levels in the house can reduce a bit.

Good luck fellow fasters.

Lynne x

That’s a funny time of the year for GCSEs aren’t they normally in June?

Symba – an impromptu pub trip definitely sounds good! It might be naughty but ah well, tomorrow is a new day. 😉

Pseu…
    My only answer is our day off…oh it was really worth it…totally stuffed..😀

Line drawn now a thoughtful week ahead…

Enjoy your pizza tonight….

Lynne…
    Good luck on gcse for bec…hope it goes well..alway a stressful time….3 FD’s on the trot that’s hard work…you are going for it this week..😀

Pseu and hedgehog…
    I finished at 53 a bit late really….good luck to you both …not a nice time…I remember water retention big time..☹️

Have a lovely weekend…

Jean x

Not me, I’ve got years and years to go yet. Good in a way, bad in a way I guess.

Lol…sorry….

Evening everyone

Pseudo you’re right, GCSE is usually June, but the maths exams changed last year and the school have put everyone in early to give them 2 shots.

Well the coffee only went by the wayside when Phil wanted chips then didn’t eat them. Only had about a third of a bag, but not planned. Still, already done 2 FD this week and I’m 1.3lb below my lowest weight last week.

I knew I would struggle today as spent the night on the sofa. Unfortunately Phil had a couple of ‘funny turns’ late yesterday, then today they developed into full seizures. He won’t go into hospital but the GP has prescribed some meds so just waiting for them to kick in. Seem to have settled down from every 20 minutes to none in the last 3 hours but another night on the sofa to keep an eye on him.

Lynne x

Lynne..
    Hoping Phil settles and meds get him under control…hope you get some sleep..it’s a worry..💕💕

Glad you enjoyed the chips and your weights going down…much more to worry about..

Jean x

Lynne- hope that Phil’s medication gets things under control, and that you’re able to get some sleep- and the GCSE stress is soon over. Thinking of you…

Morning All…
    It’s not a bad day….

NFD for us but thoughtful..😀🤞

Cleaning and a bit of shopping…nothing exciting..book read later maybe…

Have a good weekend all the workers these weeks do pass by…each day is the same to us, we seem to register FD’s more than any other days….then we get mixed up with Monday’s and Thursdays and which day follows…age!

Lynne…
    Hoping Phil had a settled night and you too…

Jean x

Morning everyone

Jean/Hedgehogs thanks for your kind words.

Looking forward to my NFD porridge then need to plan some meals for the weekend and get some shopping done.

Shoulders are a bit sore from the sofa, but Phil has had a good night only waking once and still asleep. Hoping for a better day today.

Despite the chips last night still managed to lose 1.6lb this week, so very happy with that. Since I started fasting again 2 months ago I’ve lost almost every week, just one blip, and I’m now 10lb lighter. Still got a way to go but a ‘normal weight’ is now only about 8lb away. I would never have thought this possible when I was diagnosed 2 years ago in December with hypothyroidism as my weight kept creeping up with no way of stopping it. It was a relief to know my thyroid had been failing for years and was at least partly responsible for my weight gain. Since then I’ve lost 4 stone, over half of that since joining this group at the beginning of the year.

Sorry to ramble, but was just sitting here thinking about how much easier it is now I’ve lost most of my excess weight. I would have struggled decorating Bec’s room, would not have been able to lie on the floor painting or assembling her bed, I wouldn’t have been able to get up again. And the arthritis in my knees rarely bothers me now. Just wanted to share a couple of positives on this dull morning.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lynne x

Lynne..
    What an amazing loss and you are right to be so pleased with yourself..you must look amazing now and everybody must notice.

Your life is so very busy, and for everyone else.. to keep aboard must be quite hard and to keep focussed maybe it gives you a direction for yourself ( I mean that in a lovely way).

The health benefits are so great on the 5.2 my arthritis toes are so much better.. although the cold weather is bringing the pain back a bit… I have gone through the year pain free almost. I also had acid reflux ( GERD) on tablets from doc for 4 years, after two months of starting 5.2 I stopped all tablets and I am fine now.

I think your story is lovely and it’s that what everyone inspires to.. the goals are there to be had for us all.. the effort has to be put in for the rewards….8 lbs to go for you… a really well done 💕

Jean x

Jean, thank for the lovely comments.

You’re right. I can’t deny that I do sometimes engage in a spot of comfort eating, but when there’s lots happening which is out of your control, there’s nothing like a good FD for making your feel you’ve snatched a bit of control back.

For my birthday Hannah bought me some size 12 ‘inspirational’ tops. Didn’t think they’d fit for a while, but they only really let me down if I slouch, so good incentive to stand tall (well 5’3″) and I can also get into size 12 jeans now. Tried on a pair of old sixe 20s and was amazed. Phil’s GP and nurse have both commented in a concerned ‘you’ve lost weight are you okay’ manner to which my reply is ‘yes I have, and it’s taken a lot of effort’.

Phil’s sisters are visiting this afternoon, but thankfully, unlike your guests Jean, they will only expect a cuppa. Low expectations were set many years go due to poor hostess skills!

Off to enjoy a cuppa before Phil wakes.

Lynne x

Lynne..
    I didn’t mean comfort eating you just do so well….we all do naughties sometimes, it’s life as long as we realise what we are doing and then pull back…in the past we must of eaten and eaten, all of us, biscuits were our downfall by the packet…lol…never eat them now….other things too.

Size 12 is great news and it makes you feel so good, from a size 20 it proves the 5.2 works..nice to buy new clothes without searching and searching…then coming home with nothing.

Enjoy your afternoon with Phils sisters …

Jean x

Quick cuppa break from cleaning, ready for the hordes later… Skipping food until later!
    Lynne- I think you’re amazing, losing all that weight- chocolate would’ve been my best friend if I were in your situation… Enjoy your size 12 tops, and have a good afternoon!
    Jean- it’s great to see the health benefits of 5:2, impressive that you don’t need the reflux medication.

Hopefully you’re all having a good weekend?
    The dress is on!! (Without the big pants…) found a pair of thick tights, and that seems to be enough to hold the tummy in! Better not eat too much dinner though! It’s a momentous moment I wanted to share!

Hi all.
    I’m Still here! Just been focusing on surviving to be honest. Been to spin 2 mornings this week before work. Done 2 fasts. Not weighing. Just trying to be in control and focus on feeling ok.
    Making a pizza from scratch at the mo. Hopefully should be lovely. Monthly greyhound walk tomorrow. Looking forward to that.
    😀

Hedgehog…
    Have a really lovely evening without your big pants on…I did laugh..lovely to get in your dress with the tights on with little knickers….thankyou for sharing.. 😂

Rowena..
    Enjoy your pizza tonight and your monthly walk tomorrow hope the weathers good…

Jean x

Morning all! Rowena- sounds like you’ve done well, with fasts and spinning… Have a good walk, looks nice and bright so far.
    We did have a good night last night, but being around all the teens makes us feel old! Think Mum was feeling even older though…! Ate too much!
    Busy day today- youngest has just left to get ready for the Remembrance Parade with the cadets, we’ll be watching later.

Morning All…

A lovely blue sky today it does brighten you…chilly I would think..

Daughter and family coming for lunch, it will be quick couple of hours, SIL usually works to a time scale…lol …I did succumb to making shortbread, a recipe for my Xmas treats…testing it out….tastes good, well you have to try one….hoping most gone before they leave …they eat well!

Hedgehog…
    Glad the birthday party went well…I know what you mean you always feel older…too much noise and hectic….you feel it more when you don’t see many people…we are on our own a lot, as everyone scattered.

When I was a cadet..oh I remember the floor white over with a very hard frost, it was there all day…so so very cold…standing for a good hour if not more on parade…I went for a hot drink in the railway station later..no where open in those days…strange what sticks in your mind…

Rowena…
    A good day for a walk..wrap up…nice chatty catchup with your group.

Lynne..
    Hope the afternoon went well with Phils sisters…and Phil is feeling better with his new meds…

Have a good day ..

Jean x

Afternoon All..

Hope all is well with everyone…

We have had a lovely lunchtime with daughter and family, they stayed the usual two hours but it was nice. The shortbread went down well, SIL thought it was bought which I will take as a compliment, the plate soon went…only 4 pieces left…

We decided against a roast beef dinner, as we thought ate a bit much at lunchtime so a snack for tonight. Daughter took my Granola and chai jam recipe home, with a jar I had just made and a bag of granola..lol..I think she is on a healthy mode at the moment but she hasn’t said…mother’s just know..

Settling down to watch F1 in a couple of hours but a lazy reading afternoon..

Enjoy the rest of your day..

Mass fast tomorrow?…we definitely need it…

Jean x

Just about defrosted now! Glad you had a nice lunch with your family, Jean.
    Yes, fasting tomorrow!

Hedgehog…
    So cold today, your youngster must of been frozen…

Another week starts…😀..there will be a few of us…

Jean x

Evening all. Flippin ek it’s cold! The dog walk was really cold. Took neice. Was sunny but soooooooooo cold. Took me hours to warm up. Fell asleep on sofa this pm. Oops. Had lovely shower and making food now ready to snuggle down. Early start tomorrow for gym. Cold tomorrow. Brrrr!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. FD for me today 🙂

Its so cold this morning!!!!!

Morning All..

So cold here but lovely blue sky…

Collecting Specsaver’s glasses this morning we also need robin/ blackbird food, worms, fat balls these birds cost us a fortune..a few bits and bobs…

We are on a FD…decided on pork chop with veg tonight definitely not salad weather…we are with DF, anyone else?

Have a good start to the week …

Jean x

Morning! I am fasting too- definitely soup tonight! I haven’t done a weigh in this weekend- it would be depressing after Saturday so will give it a couple of days for things to settle!
    DF- hope that your day at work is busier!

Morning all. Freezing here too, I’m bundled in layer upon layer.
    I’m also joining the fast.

HI everyone. Fasting today, too…and NOT weighing in – I don’t want to know! Suffice to say, I looked out some warm trousers for the moped today and they wouldn’t do up! I am not a happy bunny! So many of my clothes have ‘give’ in the fabric, that it’s easy to hide from the truth, but these trousers are very unforgiving. Maybe it’s time to get out the cook book and start really planning the NFDs as well as the FDs. I know the chocolates in the evening have crept back up to greedy levels, so we’re both going to try and be more accountable with those.

Just discovered I’ve left my pen-drive at home, so will probably head back soon at work from there…an opportunity to make some soup perhaps.

HOpe you all survive fasting in this cold spell.

Mx

(Peeping round the corner…..)

Afternoon…
    Picked up the glasses seem ok at least he’s not standing on his head…lol

No bird seed picked up but 33 light bulbs look like we are going LED …SIL has done all his house and his bill has gone down by £30 a month!….3 easy bulbs done now having a cuppa before I get the swear box out for Steve to do the ceiling spots…a pain in the bum to do….

We are doing fine …a bit busy to think of food…so so cold out today my boots had an airing….

Kay…
    Come out from peeping around the corner you have been missed….

Hedgehog, Pseu and Minols..
    I think a few of us will be holding our breath getting on the scales let’s make it a good day…coming up to a funny time…do’s, lunches out and family things….we all must be tight this month…😀

Jean x

Afternoon everyone

Kay, I see you! Hope everything’s going well. Give us an update when you can.

Mass fast today – Jean, DF, Hedgehogs, Minols and ME. Not sure what I’ll be eating yet, just keeping warm with coffee. Really cold here and glad I’ve only got to nip out to pick Bec from school.

Rowena, great to hear from you.

Good weekend, but up a bit as usual but still 1.6lb less than this time last week so all good.

Phil’s seizures settled after taking the meds and only had 2 in the evening. This was a great improvement on the 16 he’d had earlier in the day, at one point every 15 minutes. Fingers crossed the drugs keep working.

Off to do some housework to try and keep warm.

Speak later.

Lynne x

Hi everyone!

We have a brilliant mass fast today 🙂 Together we’re stronger!

I’m back from my lunchtime walk, still so cold out there!

Stay strong everyone, Kay .. we can see you 😛 Come out from that corner, we’ve missed you!

Kay…you’ll have to hide better then that. I’ll count to 10, and then I’m coming, ready or not!

On second thought…can’t get office warm today so definitely going home for a couple of hours to prep for a 3pm meeting on a subject I’m not familiar with, so Bovril and seaweed will have to refloat my frozen brain cells.

DF – you’re right…together we’re stronger!

Mx

Hi…

Well…45 mins….about 25 light bulbs…..miss counted…Not A Swear Word at all….maybe because I did most of them!!..Steve did about 6 which I couldn’t do..

He really struggled to stand on the chair, his knees wouldn’t let him..🙁..getting down was even worse..

Still all done …we work as a good team…😀

Lynne..
    Pleased to hear Phils much better …it has to be a worry

DF..
    Lunch time walk…a brave bunny..well wrapped up…..we was out not so bad if kept going..

Minols…
    Might dive in on an oxo myself later…have a good meeting..

Jean x

Brrrr….its nippy today….nice and bright though!

Had a really nice week away with the family apart from lots of late nights, food and drink! Booking the cottage worked well though.
    Didnt put any weight on….which was a bonus although this morning the scales have caught up with the over indulgence of this last week!

Fasting with you today! Why not, Ive only had a few calories as of yet today and after reading over recent posts, Im fired up and ready, so why not today!

Im still jobless. I did get paid what I was owed but Im still waiting to see if they pay me for the holiday Im owed. I do keep having doubts if I did the right thing as at least I was bringing some money in, but then Neil reminds of how much a bully he was/is to everyone, and so rude and discriminative and I realise I only lasted as long as I did because I closed my ears to him and I did enjoy the work.
    Ive sort of gone back into semi retirement but it can only be temporary as the savings wont last us for ever!

Ellie is still holding her own although she has been back to the vets today as she has another uti, the second in 4 weeks which is either her immune system is super low or the last infection wasnt cleared fully. Just waiting for results on the culture in a few days and restarted on antibiotics. She also has a lump over her eye so she is back on the steroids to see if they can calm down the inflammation response again. Shes been off them for ages so I guess it was only a matter of time before the lymphoma reared its ugly head again.

My current nightmare is trying to work out what to buy Neil for his 50th birthday and what to do for it. I only have about 10 days left to sort something out and Ive been racking my brains. He doesnt know himself what he wants to do to mark it, so I have no chance!

Right kettle on time, for a cup of herb tea, which will hopefully warm me up too as its too early for the heating….or is it….hmmm

Eurgh today has been manic, and I’ve spent a fair bit of it in a state of confusion, I hate that, feeling like my brain isn’t quite working properly. This is first chance I’ve had to actually sit down and breathe for a moment. I seem to have messed up my shoulder somehow, it isn’t wanting to move much, which is handy since I still have another three hours to go until home time. I’m make myself a cup of soup, spend a few minutes drinking it and trying to recharge, then I’ll have to get cracking with everything else that needs doing.

How’s everyone holding up so far?

Evening All…

Hope everyone is doing well…

We have finished now…..veg and pork chop, we had a small Yorkshire pudd as some calories spare….shame no roasties..🙁…..couldn’t face salad today……..roll on brekky…

Kay..
    Enjoy retirement until you find something else….spend some time with Ellie…hard one the present…we have stopped buying each other as we want nothing, we buy things as we see things….take him for a romantic weekend away, that’s the sort of thing we would do…if Ellie can have a sitter.

Glad you had a lovely break …nice you have returned back to us…

Pseu..
    Your poor shoulder ….a bit of TLC wanted…rest it up tonight hope it feels better tomorrow..

Jean x

Wow, everyone’s been busy today!!
    Kay- good you’re back, enjoy some time to yourself before a job beckons…Give Ellie lots of fuss. I reckon a romantic weekend away sounds like a good idea- my hubby would love either that or another rally driving day! (I’m 49 next year, so thinking about the big 50, not far round the corner… I want to climb Snowdon and do a charity tandem skydive before or around the day- belated mid-life crisis looming!)
    Pseudo – hope that your shoulder improves- the cold doesn’t help with things like that.
    Lynn- glad Phil’s improving & hope you’ve caught up on some sleep!
    Minols- I know what you mean about the trousers with give in them- I’ve worn stretchy jeans for a while & kept kidding myself I’d not spread!
    Jean- well done on the lights, good exercise getting up & down steps?! Hope you survive the evening with nothing else to munch on!
    I did have a few crisps for lunch- not very healthy, but they were left over and too tempting! Weighed them & worked out the calories though, so will still be under 500 cals with soup tonight.

Did break and ate some cheese and crackers about 5ish but did stict to my main meal,so not all bad. Best day in a while. Hope everyone else did ok 😉

Morning All..

We had a good FD yesterday…scales moved a pound down this morning for both of us…so that’s one gone of the two we put on last week..must be thoughtful this week see if the other will go..😀

I have a few leeks left enough for leek and potato soup..shame to throw them away, make it a bit later.

Kay..
    Glad you had a good FD, hoping you are getting back into it…..we have been here a while now, you longer than me…I am coming up to my two years at the end of the month…it gets hard to move the last few pounds and of course commitment….we will keep going..😀

Hedgehog..
    We are not night time munchers now….that’s not the problem..we just do love cakes 🍰 ..I love baking I find that really hard not to do…just for visitors now and we don’t have many…

Minols..
    We used to wear a lot of stretchy waistband / material…very forgiving I think it’s the worse thing ever to buy….you just get bigger without no thought.

I have my stretchy skinny jeans now, they give but not too far…lol

Pseu..
    Hope you are feeling better today with your shoulder…it can hang around a while..

Lynne..
    How you doing?….hoping Phil is still going ok with his tablets.

DF..
    Is another walk planned for lunch time?..keep warm….we all seemed to have a good day yesterday…

Nothing planned today…see how it pans out….just soup to make…

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 14,601 through 14,650 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.