Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 12 hours, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,001 through 11,050 (of 35,400 total)

• Morning All….

A nippy start this morning…..

FD for us today….I am struggling with Steve his sneaky look on the scales this morning another pound up…I don’t know what’s going on, I cannot get him loosing….its down to me he only eats what I give him.

Grass cut later hopefully….it was going to be a windows clean day but I gashed my hand on a door knob while away in the caravan right across my knuckle on one finger, it about five days now, it’s opened up again don’t want my hands in water…..so maybe now next week, so annoying and painful.

Hemmy…
    Your quote is me all over, love cook books then 5.2 ..lol

Have a lovely busy week..

Angela…
    Getting close to holidays you must be getting excited…a few more pounds off…glad your weights come off not bad after a busy two weeks…😀

Kay..
    Nice you are settling into the new job, and Neil’s Mum is getting better…

Have a good day everybody….

Jean x

Morning everyone

Clare, well done on the 2.5lb loss and Angela on your pound, especially after all your gallivanting.

Kay, lovely to hear from you and glad the job is going well. Hopefully your Mum’s health will be sorted soon.

My weigh in today, and I’m 1.5 down from last week. This means that I’ve only got 0.5lb to lose from the random gain including Mother’s Day apple crumble. Had a bit of a melt down on Sunday trying to Rebecca (youngest) revise for her mock GCSE’s. I knew there was a reason why she has a maths tutor, it brought back the terrible memories of me trying to explain something which I found quite easy (always loved maths) but to her was impossible. A real case of speaking different languages.

Thankfully Hannah was home and she pushed Rebecca to apologise, though it was the usual teenage ‘Sorry. I still don’t understand what I did wrong and why I need to apologise though.’ That made me smile. Still last mock is Friday so stress will be lower for a few days until I start nagging her to revise for her actual exams in May. She’s only in Year 10 so I’ve potentially got years of this ahead of me.

FD yesterday was alright, but couldn’t manage the usual liquid only, think it was the apple crumble sugar spike from Sunday.

Minols, I love the cards the children make in school – who comes up with the ideas. When I commented on how thoughtful the card Bec bought me was, she told me the shop didn’t have a great choice. Out loud Bec, out loud.

Looking forward to Easter now to eat my chocolates.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Lynne x

Morning all

I have decided to have a wee break till after my holiday and then hopefully will be re-energised for hitting it again.

So probably won’t be posting much, but will be reading.

Speak soon hopefully.

Tammy xxx

Tammy…
    Have a break and enjoy your holiday but please come back….

Lynne…
    Glad the weight is moving in the right direction….I am with you on exams Grandson is going through it….and don’t we know it ….đŸ˜Ŧ

Xx

Afternoon…

Fast day going well ….feeling a bit peckish now…having another coffee to get us through to dinner.

Pork chops tonight with salad..I had two Oat crackers with measured 10 g peanut butter, a few berries this morning it has kept me going surprisingly…

I ended up doing all my windows inside and out and freshened all the frames and sills. I wrapped my finger up and found some rubber gloves to protect it…feeling quite shattered now..😀 Steve managed both lawns so all tidy now…

Lynne…
    We have two eggs each upstairs out of the way waiting for Easter…đŸĨ

Tammy…
    Would it not be better to keep on 5.2 until your holiday, loosing a few pounds before you add on while away….don’t put on all you have lost on its so easy….your choice of course…

Jean x

Hi

Jean I totally get what your saying, I just can’t seem to get my head into it at the moment, maybe next week

Tammy xxx

Tammy…
    See how you go, still a few weeks left ……but have a great holiday…and please come back and tell us what you have been doing…

Well that’s us done today not bad at all…we can eat tomorrow 😀😀

The peanut butter kept me full this morning but two small oat cakes looked very small on the plate..lol…..they did the job..

Have a lovely evening

Jean x

Jean, sounds like you’ve had another productive day and a successful fast, well done.

Tammy, try and do what you can when you can. How was your win on the postcode lottery?

I am sooooo tired today. Didn’t catch up on sleep last night as it was a FD. Hubby is away with work tonight so I’m just relaxing and contemplating heading to bed at 8.30! 😂 I was looking forward to a good sleep and some peace and quiet then my boss went and booked in a conference call for 7am tomorrow. đŸ˜ĸ xx

Angela..

Hope you have a relaxing night and get some sleep…bosses are a nightmare don’t they sleep…

Hoping I sleep like you not so good on a fast night….

Xx

Hi Girls Xx

Lynne .. well done on the 1 1/2 pounds down. Brilliant news. Xx

Tammy … It is hard going at times. .. especially if there is a change of routine etc.. like your work.

Like Sym says please don’t go away. Check in and chat … always new ideas coming from everyone. Tammy.. If you decided to have a break … enjoy your hols and come back and tell us how it went. Xx

Sym .. sounds like you had a good day. Lots done too.

Going to try the hot milk and honey day again tomorrow… Cant remember why last week but it was easy.. Something I was stressing about. Lol.

This week sorting out all old coin .. medals ..old watches.. Jewellery etc for this Vintage Cash Cow company. Bag it up … they make an offer … all post paid.. if you don’t like the offer they return it. Just want a fresh start this year. Lots of this stuff was my first husbands plus Andrews.. grandparent’s Just want my space now. Lol

Have a lovely eat tomorrow… and enjoy the day. Xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok … A few missing now… hope your happy and well. Xx

Angela just seen your post. Xx

Have a relaxing evening…and a good nights sleep. Xx

Thanks guys I am definitely coming back, you don’t get rid of me that quick.

Angela, we find out on Saturday how much we have won, they are having a large presentation at one of the local large estate houses, that opens to the public, but we have been told it’s a minimum of ÂŖ2000, which alone is brilliant, I will let you know on Saturday 😆

I think between changing work and being excited for Saturday ii just can’t concentrate on anything else.

Xxx

Hemmy…
    You look as if you have lots going on….hope you get what you want from the jewellery….are we of an age to be sorting….I don’t want loads left for the children to do but I am not going yet..I hope…lol

It’s nice you have a plan and have ‘you’ time…the times maybe right now.

So really your milk and honey is like a liquid day…hope it goes well…we will be eating…like ships passing….lol

We are missing a few…we will need a new crib sheet…hope everyone is OK and pop by…

Xx.

Hi Hemmy, you sound organised getting rid of stuff. I could do with doing that, help declutter my brain as well as my house. I walked in on Sunday evening to shoes and bags and coats etc all in the hallway, we have a utility room for all that. I was annoyed and couldn’t face sorting the boys mess so I went for a nap! 😂 I’ve sorted it tonight though.

Tammy, how fabulous. Well done. xx

Who have we lost ladies or who’s lurking in the background?

I was going to go to bed, but just seen ‘Fantastic beasts and where to find them ‘ is on sky store. Settling down to that and a snuggle with the cat instead. xx

Tammy… glad to hear you are not going anywhere … well only to pick up that win Lol. I bet you are excited just before your hols too. Be able to treat
    Yourself. Xx

Sym and Angela… not really been organised for a good few years.. Just decided now is the right time to redo the cottage with my things completely. Lots of things just kept ” because” but those beloved people are gone now and I have to create a new life. Taken me 5 years to think about doing it… but need to now. Look forward.

Taking lots of bits of china etc to charity shops. Just been in the cupboards for years. Amazing what you hoard. Lol.

Just having my milk and honey … getting ready for tomorrow.

Cant believe I haven’t eaten any of yesterdays chocolates. Lol… May try to save till easter.
    Have a good night all. Xx

Night Hemmy..xx

Hi all bit of a late post. It has taken a while to breathe normally after the torture chamber of pump and tone. Kept it quite low today.

Tammy that is brilliant re your windfall. What loevely news and just beefore a holiday. That will add a little ooh la la to Paris for sure.

I have some good news too. A close friend I told you about who has gone through the whole breast cancer including mastectomy and reconstruction, radiation and chemo and now tamoxifen was under investigation because were worried the cancer has metastasised to her liver which would be really bad. Anyway it is not that after scans etc she has a clear diagnosisi of fatty liver caused by the tamoxifen. So pleased for her! They will probably remove her ovaries to block the oestrogen and then tehy can transfer her onto a different drug from tamoxifen to block the rest. She is so relieved.

Hope everyone ok, there’s a lot of hot milk and honey about at thw moment…night night xx

Morning lovelies,

Sarah, fantastic news about your friend! My sister has been through breast cancer and thankfully came out the other end with a clear diagnosis. Its such a relief .. I always love to hear that others are beating this!

I’m just doing 2 FD’s this week, don’t feel strong enough mentally to do any more than that. I’m feeling a bit low this morning. I’ve suffered with depression previously and every now and again the knot in my stomach returns. I hope it lifts soon .. I hate feeling like this 🙁

I had a lovely day yesterday, I do miss my son, and it was wonderful to see him. I just feel sad when I have to leave him again 🙁 That’s probably why I feel like this today.

Have a positive day everyone 🙂 Stay strong x

Good morning.

Do you mind if I join you all here?

I did my first fast day on Monday which I didn’t find as hard to do as I was expecting. I had a normal day yesterday and I’m going to try another fast day today. In your experience, does it get harder or easier the more you do it?

Dolly

Quick post now – more later. Don’t know where yesterday went!
    Sarah – chuffed for your friend. The on-going niggling worry flares up at times like this, so really pleased they’ve worked out what it is and it’s not cancer.

FD for me today…busy – schools finishing this week so I have 3 more assemblies still, plus a couple of funerals and all the usual. Congregation might be in for a treat this week as I really don’t know when I’ll write the sermon…do you think I could just get away with handing out jelly babies and tell them all just to contemplate their navels! No, mustn’t plan for that, because we all know that if I go and buy the jelly babies ahead of time I’ll have eaten them by Sunday…

Mx

Good morning F B Friends hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Started by a rainy day here but is brightening up hopefully.

Sarah.. Oh that is such wonderful news for your friend and her loved ones. Hopefully all will continue well for her now .. sounds like she has been through such a lot.
    Healing thoughts to her and may she have a happy healthy future> Xx

DF… Its hard when you feel a bit under par…down and have to carry on.

Always best to try to keep busy at those times… although oh so very hard when you have to push yourself.

I have often had bouts of anxiety again not nice. It all seems to be very common these days … probably the fast pace of life and we don’t look after our minds along with our bodies.

Hope your FDs go well … take care. Xx

Hi Dolly and welcome to our corner. Xx

Well done on getting your first Fast under your belt. It gets easier but I think its better if you keep changing things around.. Eating different things etc.
    Lots of good tips here .. plus sharing of highs and lows in our daily life in general. All part of the weight problems.. Good luck. Xx

Minois… I just love the jelly baby idea. .. you should do that. I am sure you would be able to hold attention without writing a word down. You have such a warm easy way about you which is getting rarer to find.

Don’t you eat all those babies though…better get lots. Lol do you like the green ones? Lol. Xx

Hope everyone enjoys a good day. Fasting for me and walking is calling. Xx

Brit lovelies… When you become your own very best friend.. Life does become simpler and easier. Xx

Morning All…

A drizzle day at the moment…having a lazy day just a couple of out and about jobs to do may leave Steve in the garage and have a bit of me time….

NFD for us thinking of gammon, egg and new potatoes for dinner…we will see…

Exdolly…
    You are more than welcome to join us, some peolple do two days a week especially best when you are just getting into it, and a few do three a week depending if you are on a plateau or nearing goal. On a FD Two meals a day, one meal a day or liquid only….I can’t do liquid only. It does get easier after a few weeks but as always hiccups do happen on the way, draw the line tomorrow is another day…it’s a way of life not a diet.

Keep popping by and join in and get to know everybody….we moan about alsorts but it’s life what’s got us in this position ….good luck…

Sarah…
    So good news about your friend very frightening glad it’s turned out better than thought. Hope you are breathing better this morning…lol

DF….
    Hope you feel better soon knotty tums aren’t good….you had a good day with your son remember the happy moments…I am seeing my daughter hopefully in late June, I haven’t seen her since October…I miss her very much…she is trying to sort flights out…

Minols…
    Good luck on the sermon…I think I will join you I love jelly babies, I bite the head first then the body, a system …lol

The schools finish early in Scotland, ours a few weeks yet…

Hemmy..
    Have a good FD today…weather not good here…hope it’s better for Mr Pips walk..

Jean x

Sym.. just posts crossed. Xx

Rainy here will be a wet one… hope you have a nice bit of me time.

Nothing much here today other than sorting through things. Lots of bits of china I keep wrapping for charity then wondering if I could still use it. Upcycle with plants etc. Lolol… What am I like hate waste.

Have a good day… I keep thinking of your thoughts for dinner now. Lol Xx

The art of jelly baby eating…

Essentially, love all jelly babies of whatever hue, but have a particular fondness for orange sweets of any kind. I particular like happy combinations, so purple and orange go well together, as do green and yellow, green and red, red and yellow, orange and yellow. Purple really has to go with orange, but can go with yellow if you’re down to the bottom of the bag. Green must never go with purple or orange – it’s a waste of the purple or the orange, which are both so good that every now and again I have a burst of purple+purple or orange+orange…other wise known as a really greedy moment!

I even love the tiny tots (cheap imitation babies) that we used to sell for 22p a quarter on the sweet stall in the market where I was a Saturday girl…I think we might be getting to the bottom (very large!) of my problem!

Mx

Minols…

HERE HERE…I know exactly what you mean..lol..😂

X

Long post just disappeared into the ether. Kind of sums up how I’m feeling at the moment.

Welcome Dolly, FD do get easier.

Sarah, great news about your friend. I expect the waiting for news has been stressful.

Minols, I never really appreciated the intricacies of eating jelly babies, but I can see now that it is an art. Sorry to say I don’t really like them.

Angela, hope you manage to get home at a reasonable time tonight after starting your working day so early.

DF, depression and anxiety are more common that most of us realise. It can make you feel very isolated so feel free to offload onto your ‘virtual friends’ when you need to.

Hemmy, hope the sorting goes well for you. Both Phil and I have lost our parents, the most recent in 2005, and its taken years to part with some of their possessions but did provide some sort of closure. I’ve still got a box of photos which need sorting. Thinking of you.

Jean, enjoy your running around. It’s nice sometimes to just do a few errands on your own and in your own time.

A bit fed up at the moment, bouncing between Physio, Occupational Therapist and Social Worker. No care for Phil until they can all agree what he needs so may be a long wait. Phil’s also getting a bit impatient waiting for news about the extension, but it’s another thing in the hands of the local council, so he should know not to expect anything to happen quickly – he worked for them for over 20 years.

Rebecca came home yesterday moaning about her exams. In the morning they were interrupted by a load hailer – one of the finalists in The Voice lives locally and went to the school so was there visiting with cameras. In the afternoon exam the fire alarm went off 4 times. I think she may be ‘managing my expectations’.

FD today for me, Hemmy and Dolly I think. Not sure of anyone else but have a good day everyone.

Sorry for the long post – one of those days.

Lynne x

Afternoon All…

Hope everybody is having a good day…and the fasters going strong…

Just had a mid week treat…helps the boy keep on track..a beef butty and hot apple turnerover with squirty cream…we really enjoyed it… …sorry fasters…..it was thought out before buying….

Fasting again tomorrow

Lynne…
    No wondered you are feeling a bit low…lots on and things are so slow. Hoping they start helping you both soon. I think money is the problem everyone you talk too they are waiting for answers.

Keep strong you know we are here to off load if needed…💕

Jean x

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome here.

On my second fast day today. Been to pilates this morning so that filled an hour, now back to work (I work at home) and have managed to avoid the kitchen and more importantly the fridge so far apart from making one cup of tea first thing this morning, a cup of coffee just now and a couple of glasses of water in between. Feeling very determined.

Dolly

Tammy, meant to say have a great day on Saturday. We do PC lottery – hope some of your luck rubs off on us! Perhaps you could put a word in.

Make sure you update us on how the day goes.

Lynne x

Hi Girls…

Just have my milk and honey its very comforting/ filling.

Sym squirty cream indeed. You sure know how to please a guy. Lolol Xx

Lynne .. lots to be a bit fed up about. It is so annoying that those who really need the care cant seem to get it with out a fight.

That shouldn’t be especially as the people that care for them like yourself doesn’t have energy to waste trying to get what you need.

A friend in a good position within health care once told me… unfortunately things were not fair time wise… it was he who shouts the loudest… Thought that was awful but obviously true. Hope your Fast is going well is it liquid. Xx

Minois I used to like the little scented gums years ago. My very favourites are Rowntree’s fruit pastilles or gums.

My friends Dad loved the fruit gums .. friend took a big box in every week to the home … but had to take all the green ones out. Lolol Wouldn’t waste then so had to eat them all herself. Lol. Xx

Dolly well done keep going… Oxo in hot water is brilliant especially if you need some salt. Also fresh lemon in hot water helps hunger and good for the complexion.

Well that’s my break… just taking it easy today…

Best wishes to all. Xx

Dolly…
    Glad the FD is going well…what are you having for your dinner…is it all sorted?….you can eat tomorrow…

Hemmy…
    All liquid day? Can you taste the honey in the hot milk? Nice you can do it, being with Steve I don’t think I could manage it as we always eat together…

Hoping for some downward movement on scales for us on Friday..🤞

Jean x

Hi everyone!

Welcome Exdolly! Beginning of an exciting journey!

Sarah – what fantastic news for your friend. You must all be so relieved.

Tammy – how exciting to have a win like that! That’ll surely make the holiday even better!

Lynne – sounds like a bit of a stressful time. It’s great that you’re still getting through your fasts in the midst of it all though, so well done!

It’s a FD for me today, and much needed. End of term = endless cake. I’ve had two NFDs back to back, yesterday and Monday, and struggled a little keeping a hold on my eating on those days. SO MUCH CAKE has been consumed in the past two days… But I’m trying not to get too down, and consoling myself with the thought that in the past, I’d have carried on in a slump like that far longer. It was only two days in a new WOL, and at least I’ve stuck to my fasts still where I’m totally cake free for a day.

I did my first final year exam today! Very pleased to have one down and out the way (out of a total of eight!!). Spending the afternoon sipping coffee and working on a huge assignment in the library, and then heading into town for some retail therapy. I’ve found this a great source of motivation actually! I like promising myself all sorts of clothes with milestones as I go as a reward, and taking old clothes down to the charity shop. It’s feels great to get things out of your wardrobe so you never have the ‘I’ll keep it in case I gain weight again’ mentality, and then treat yourself to something you have the new-found confidence to wear!

x

HI all…stomach rumbling loudly today…a bit worried the mic would pick it up this morning! Hope you’re surviving, Dolly. I’m with the others recommending stock type things…I’m a chicken Bovril girl, and I just discovered salt/roasted seaweed on Amazon, too. Wafer thin sheets (and a bit of an acquired taste…but I’m hooked now)so eating 3 packets is easy…I like to imagine them wafting around filling up the space that at the moment feels really empty!

Endellion – remind me, what is it you’re studying again? I have vivid memories of my first set of finals (not of my second, but maybe that’s because I was teetotal first time round!) We had certain set routines…a bunch of us who always made sure no-one came out of an exam without being met (cake might have been involved!) I had the very last exam out of our bunch, in fact, I think I had a whole load one after the other and so friends who had finished all their other subjects would revise for that last exam while I was still thinking of other thoughts during the day, and then teach me the subject at night, so I kept up with them! Dragged my sorry behind through the last one! Anyway – good luck!

Lynne – the care ‘system’ is so frustrating…and your statement is telling – ‘Phil won’t get any care until…’ – what do people expect, that somehow until they get their ducks in a row, Phil will hover in suspended animation waiting for them to be able to give ‘care’? Thank goodness he has you. And thank goodness you decided the other day to use this enforced privacy to try and have a special time together – just take care of yourself, too.

Hemmy – been thinking about your ‘up-cycling’, and yes, keep the bits that are absolutely gorgeous, but don’t think of giving things to the charity shop as ‘waste’, but as giving someone else the chance to use/enjoy/up-cycle all over again. I’ve been doing bits and pieces of that (candles/pin cushions in cups etc) to raise money for the charity trek, and it’s because someone else passes on the gift of something they can’t use anymore. I have a friend who regularly reminds me that one person’s trash is another person’s treasure…well here is your chance to gift some of your treasures to someone else without them ever having to be trash!

Right – off for the boy, and hopefully enough distractions to keep me off the food for a while longer before my evening shift!

Mx

Hello again.

Liquid day – does that include soup? Hot milk and honey- how much honey?
    I might try the oxo hot water combo to warm myself up as I feel quite chilly today which is a bit unusual for me although it does feel cold outside.

Just made a saucepan full of ratatouille for supper. I thought the bright colours of the veggies would be enticing. Not sure what if anything I can have with it. I need to do a bit more research on the do’s and don’ts.

Dolly

End….
    so much cake….think of all the lovely clothes you will ge buying….one down on the exam front…what are you studying?

Minols…
    Shame you can’t take Hemmys things and change them into your trek money….

Dolly…
    Keep going you are doing great….try and count your ratatouille …sorry can’t help you there I don’t eat it..

Just weighing and counting in my gammon, weighed it ..should be 6 oz it’s actually 8 1/2 oz…my butcher can’t weigh!! It does look lovely…lol

Jean x

Afternoon everyone

Didn’t make it on here yesterday and was a bit naughty lol! Out at a meeting all day with a beige buffet, didn’t eat much at all and not too bad but then cooked one of our favourites for tea – crispy chilli chicken! I counted all calories apart from the oil I shallow fried the chicken in – I just didn’t know how lol! Accompanied by a bottle of red between us & rum and raisin ice cream – safe to say I was over my cals 😂

Nice easy NFD today, salad at lunch and maybe Kiev and veg later.

Have a good evening everyone. Clare x

Clare….

You did make me laugh…it doesn’t take a lot does it….as long as you enjoyed yourself and the wine of course…we all fall….lol

If you are going with a bang make it good one….đŸ¤Ŗ😂

Jean x

Hi Sym… yes I can taste the honey and love it. Good not having caffeine too.

Been drinking lots of water as hot milk does make me thirsty. Lol

I agree good idea to do the same as Steve. I could never have done this way of life with Andrew. He did so love his food.

Stomach shrank even more lately I have noticed. Food not on my mind so much now.

It is easier not having Kristy here all the time… I notice now how much more she eats. We used to have the same.

Thing is I am still buying far too much shopping on a Thursday. Maybe I should think about just shopping every 2 weeks or do a list. Mum brings stuff as well and always buy “Just in case”. Must stop. Try to live out of freezer and cupboard for a week would be good. lol

Hope you enjoy that dinner. Xx

Ende .. sounds like you had a busy morning hope that exam went well with good results.

Yes, a good idea to not think of going back to your larger sizes. Hope you enjoyed your retail therapy. Xx

Dolly .. I do 1 spoon of honey … 2 if you have a sweet tooth. Oxo is a gem though warming. Xx

Minois … I know what you mean about charity shops and people reusing. Most of my wardrobe come s from them. Lolol

Lol Clare .. we all have those type of days .. life gets in the way of this life. Lolol Best to just enjoy it … somehow it never seems to be too bad in the end. Xx

Well F D nearly done girls … tomorrow we can eat. Lol Xx

Evening all and welcome Dolly

Thank you for all your good wishes about my friend. She really deserves good health now.

Minols, Hemmy and Jean yes jelly babies rule all the way. You lost me on the colours though Minols. I think I have been so busy cramming them down to notice. Agree cheap or expensive (do you get expensive JB’s?) all go the same way or used too. I never thought I would ever say but very sweet now.

Dolly, when we say liquid only it means differnet things across the forums but for most of us it is vv low cal, so just water, tea, coffee, maybe a mug of bovril or suchlike. I allow myself about 60-80 cals of milk for tea and coffee, some would think that too much. Maybe stick to the basics and get confident before you start doing anything else. I used to think I had to have things to go with (mainly carbs) now I am happy with chilli or stuff like ratatouille out of a bowl with a spoon as a complete meal.

DF that sounds a tough thing, missing your son. Making the most of the times you are together and planning for something after when you are bound to feel a bit low may help a bit. Hugs.

Lynne, how very frustrating and draining to be fighting all the time for the help you need. Something very wrong in the system.

So, I was going to keep it low….went to London for a (vile, stressful, why do arrogant people feel they have to be so nasty, there is just no need) meeting congratulating myself that the constant smells of pastry on station concourse hold no allure. Got home at 5.30 having eaten nothing and then just GOBBLED half a sausage roll OH had in the fridge! Honestly I would have beaten our dog in an eating race. Rolled it back and had a kiev and salad tonight, still got berries to come but it doesn’t count as very low now. However much I gobbled that down I miss that bad for you stuff so much less than I used. i never thought that would happen to me.

I am pretty well a very comfy size 14 now with no overspill. I may be 12/14 once I lose these last 13lbs. So happy with this WOL but already starting to think how I will maintain long term. I never want to be fat again. I am more me now. Xx

Hemmy…
    That’s my downfall buying too much food especially for baking….I am really getting better now but it’s taken a long time….we go to shopping about every three or four days for a small amount, it seems to be working..

Must be hard for your Mum all family bring things my sister used to do that when she stayed over.

Hope your fast went well today..

Sarah…
    It’s good you are in a comfy 14, me too…although I get in a 12 and zipped up they are still very tight…one too big and the other too tight…I am about right now, maybe a 12 is not going to be me…lol..a lot better than my start of a very tight 16 but really 18 if I was honest with myself.

You did very well on the station with all the smells….then a sausage roll..lol

Jean x

Oh Sarah .. Can just imagine you coming back from that awful day .. resisting the food … then just whoofing sausage roll. Bless you.

You are doing well though and will soon get that 13lbs gone for good. These sizes are hard though never straight forward. I am fitting trousers size 12.but tops a 14.. Will it ever work out or will I need to be a 10 to have a 12 top. Who knows. Lolol

Sym .. yes its hard with the shopping. Maybe every few days would be better. Able to control it more. Probably end u with more just in case every 2 weeks.
    Fast went well… how was your dinner. Xx

Well I’ve survived my second fast day – feel a bit peckish now but I’ve drunk yet another glass of water and it is nearly bed time so I think I’ll manage!

Thank you all so much for the positive comments and advice. Hope you’ve all had a good day whether fasting or not.

Dolly xx

I blame OH for leaving that sausage roll!

Jean, Hemmy, on sizes definitely could not get a size 12 over the posterior let alone zipped. I think I am pretty exact as 14 comfy but not too big. I might make the odd dress or top as a 12 but I think (hope) it will be smallish size 14 or generous 12. Just can’t see me doing better than that.

Agree re the shopping. It is hard to lose that cooking for a crowd mentality. We are actually saving a fortune on food. My OH has even stopped buying the little deserts we and then he would have had every night and cakes etc is really a special treat. We are both eating more heathily.

Well done Dolly, it does get easier and you get more confidence too.

Night night all xx

Hi all, Im still here, lurking!

Had a quick skim through posts, but loads to catch up with and no way I can comment individually to everyone 🙁

But, just a couple of comments…

Lynne, stay strong and look after yourself too. In a previous life I worked in social care and my first husband was a quadraplegic, so I can appreciate some of your frustrations.

Kay (DF), hang on in there…I too am having a blip with my depression/anxiety…usually my anti-depressants keep things at bay, but sometimes, when there are too many balls to juggle, I feel shakey etc….lets take 1 day at a time and move the black dog into his kennel 😉

Welcome Dolly, keep posting to let us know how its going and if you have any questions, shout!

End…hows it going?

Tammy…how exciting. Hope its good news on Saturday,just ahead of your holiday I think.

Minois (Minols), thats the 2nd time Ive seen your name adjusted…quite like it 😉 I know what you are saying about colours of jelly babies,but I no longer eat them now Im meat free, but lets talk about jelly beans…..

Sooo….yesterday was a FD, was went reasonably ok considering its my first in 2 weeks, finished on about 500cals. Today NFD and Im well over TDEE…oops!
    Tomorrow is FD…I think I may do a fluid only (as in just milk in my afternoon coffee), but it will be my first in ages, so maybe posting a lot, once Im finished work!
    Last week I was 1lb up…this week Im hoping to maintain my pound up…lol

Ive been writing this post, whilst doing other stuff, and I started it over an hour ago…lol

I will try and keep up better now.

Kay

Im just checking in to let you all know I’m still around but have gone off piste for a couple of weeks. Just haven’t been able to get back on track with my FD’s.
    Now I’m gaining some of my lost weight back. It’s terrible and I’m feeling really bad about it. Keep getting feelings of what’s the point then I think about all my effort so far and start the next FD but I’ve just not been able to get through one. Something’s obviously going on with my mind, I’m thinking about food all the time. I need a will power transplant or maybe a good kick up the backside. Any suggestions ??????

Morning everyone, thank you SO much for letting me know I wasn’t alone yesterday. I’ve struggled with depression/anxiety all my life and have only recently come off my anti-depressants. On the whole I’m 100% better, but every now and again a day comes a long when its harder than usual. Thankfully, I’m feeling a bit brighter this morning.

I’m also fasting today, I think I need it. I’m craving the empty feeling. So, green tea and loads of water until later this evening 😀 Good luck to all the other fasters today.

Reading back through the posts I did giggle about the way to eat Jelly Babies, and which colour combos “work” … love it!!

Stay strong everyone, and as ever thanks for being there, it means the world to me!

Fast on!!!

Good morning F B Friends hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Going to be a warm one today 18 forecasted locally.

Early start girls… shopping again already… cant believe its Thursday already. Lol

Going to sort some lighter things to wear. Walking first.

Good luck … weighers … Fasters .Xx

More laters …

Brit lovelies
    If you think you are beaten, you are
    If you think you dare not, you don’t,
    If you like to win, but you think you can’t
    It is almost certain you won’t. Xx

Morning All…

Up and running this morning out for a ride on the motorbike…going to Goathland and Sledmere. We go as some of you may remember from last year…over 6 months motorbike treasure hunt, we have to find the clue and take a picture of bike and clue together…been doing it for years. Two clues today and 150 miles 😀…blow the cobwebs off…..

Glad to see Kay and Carol back on board, you have been missed..

Kay we are with you today fasting, just a coffee stop somewhere…no cake ☚ī¸ Today

Sorry to hear a few are under the weather hope you all pick up soon and get into those lovely summer clothes…Hemmy, like you need to get some lighter clothes out, some may need the sewing machine on them, got to get that around my head…think I will send them to Carol….lol

Sorry can’t do individual today, must be ready for 10 ish or I will ge in bother…

Have a good day all..back late pm…

Jean x

HI All – hope all you fasters are surviving lunch. A NFD today after a reasonably successful fast yesterday…may have overdone the cake a little at the end, but had underdone everything else, so not too bad!

Kay – same rules apply for jelly beans, but complicated by ‘modern’ flavours like pineapple, and whatever those white ones are supposed to be?!

Jean – the bike treasure hunt sounds fun. OH just finished putting back together a 40year old Honda, and had me sit pillion in the garden the other day to see if I’d ever actually ride with him rather than putt-putt-putting along on my old moped. I think it’s a confidence thing. Haven’t done pillion since I was a scrawny wee thing behind my mum on her moped, aged 10ish? Are there rules of thumb to do with balance, and working together? Starting and stopping?

Carol – so lovely to see you back on here. It’s tough re-starting, I guess, but you are as tough as they come…you’ve done this before and held it together and you can again. So a whole day doesn’t fly yet. Maybe plan some low ones, some late starting days, and build up from there? We know you can do this.

Mx

Well it’s afternoon already which means I can now start counting down to my fast day tea lol!

Good nfd yesterday, well under tdee but my usual morning weigh shows me 2lb up – felt stupidly bloated yesterday so hopefully just a temporary blip, it’s ages until my proper weigh in so shouldn’t be a problem.

Nice to see you Kay & Caspersmum!

Catch up properly later

Stay strong fasters. Clare x

Viewing 50 posts - 11,001 through 11,050 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.