Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,909 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 11 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 35,396 total)

• Morning all :-)!

Well done Lynda on your fantastic loss..a great milestone!

Hemmy..just write off the bad day, focus and move on to staying strong. Blips will happen at times but just let it go and don’t stress. You’ve still had a great weight loss so far.

For me, I am happy to report the numbers have moved down :-)!
    Weight 72.6 so 0.4kg off and waist 87.5, 1.5 cm off. I’m a happy bunny :-):-)!

I’m going to calculate my target weight tdee and try and focus on that. Also important to ignore any exercise I do as part of normal routine as that is built into tdee.

Sun shining it’s the weekend and 2 nfds for me!

All have a good day πŸ™‚

Karen
    Xx

Hi All.

Hi Hemmy

I’m so sorry that you seem to put on, remember scales go up and down on a regular basis. So you may be up a lb today and don tomorrow. My weight has fluctuated by 4lb this week. This is what will happen if you use the scales on a regular basis. I do use them often when I have not lost the week before but when I am losing I don’t. I think that when you first start and it is now 7 months for me this is what you want to do. I found that on starting I felt pleased and annoyed with myself at these ups and downs. Then I realised after a few weeks that I needed to set one day a week that I recorded my weight and although I cut it down from daily to two or three times a week I was happier with this.

There are any number of reasons that our weight goes up and down. Water retention, food in transit or just being women. So don’t despair. It will soon cone down if you are sticking to the rules. So log your weight on the same day every week and as long as you are on that downwards trend that is fine. I use my fitness pal app to log my weight and also Weight diary. The second one gives me my BMI as well as logging my weight.

Yes I’m really pleased that the sausages were good. I shall get them on a regular basis.

I have stayed the same this week. I am hoping it is because the hot weather has returned, but who knows why. It seems at the moment that I have slowed don a little. So I shall put all of my efforts into next week again.

I had a good week food wise and even did a little more exercise, but I think ankles are a little swollen a sure sign of water retention for me.

I am weighing myself a little more often now as this encourages me to be strict when I am not losing anything. If I am losing it goes back to once a week as I like the surprise……now it keeps me on track!!

Hi Karen

I am so pleased to see you have had a loss in size and weight, that is always encouraging. I normally measure myself every 6/8 weeks. Although it has been quite a while this time, maybe I am due to measure myself.

Yes I started with target weight and I was told to always underestimate the amount of exercise I do. Not hard in my case!! I did work it all out on my fitness pal app, it adjusts the weight loss to your calorie intake. I find that this is a realistic amount of calories to eat for me. Where are TDEE is total daily energy expendidyure and if you want to lose weight slowly fine but most people want to lose it at 1/2lbs a week and this sometimes doesn’t happen.

I have been more active this week though.

Have a good weekend All, the sun is shining here!! πŸ™‚

Ginette

The experiment is complete.
    Two FD and five NFD at no more than my TDEE of 1800, have given me a total of a 2 lb loss this week. Very pleased and will keep going counting calories next week too.

Well done Annette….
    Slow and steady is the way to go to give your skin a chance to catch up.
    Have a great week.
    Fast day for me tomorrow….lynda

Well done a good loss. That is always a great boost. If it starts to slow and your calorie needs become less have a look at my fitness pal, you can log in online or on the app. Here set your target weight, set the weight that you want to be and then how much you want to be. You will find this under MORE – GOALS this will give you a realistic calorie allowance. Mine is about 1570, I think it is worked out by how much you want to lose. I put 1lb a week in this bit. I know that I can lose more of course as it doesn’t take the 5:2 into account.

I am not sure if it changes automatically as you weight lowers.

Last night I couldn’t stop going to the loo! Seemed like every half an hour. So I knew that I would have lost weight this morning and yes I lost a pound, my ankles are still a little swollen so I know that at some point I will lose this. I will look at the positive died of this and think that while my body is carrying extra temporary weight then it will increase my weight loss and maybe it is line carrying around weights and therefore I have to put more effort into it!! πŸ™‚

Hi Lynda

Yes fast day for me tomorrow as well.

If you have an Aldis near you then vine tomatoes are 49p, runner beans are 49p, melons are 49p. What great prices. I have bought 3 lots of vine tomatoes as I can have them with my salmon and also with the Heck sausages.

I had them yesterday for lunch and I am really looking forward to them for my evening meal tomorrow, fast day. What Joy!!

I may even post on their Facebook link…… πŸ™‚

Have a good day all

Ginette

Thank You!
    I started this way of life as a round(11 st 11 lb) short 52 year old in January 2013.I followed the FD religiously and struggled with the concept of ‘eating normally’ for the other 5. I clearly had no idea what ‘normal’ might be and was hiding food. Over the months I gradually shrank and became more aware of eating just for the sake of it and beyond being full. The weight has shot up over Christmas(put on 10 lb each time) and then spent the next year trying to shift that again. I lose a bit, put it back and have been doing this for months now. Clearly I was consuming too many calories. So I wrote down what I was eating for a couple of weeks but I realized that I had no idea of how much different food ‘costs’ in calorie terms. There is nothing magic to losing weight, it is just maths, so although I have always balked at calorie counting, there was no choice if I wanted to lose more weight and keep it off.
    I used this site to work out what my TDEE was for the weight that gives me a BMI of 26.1(9st 12 lb). The difference between my then weight(10st 7lb) was only 65 calories as a moderate exerciser. On the basis that this would be a weight that I haven’t seen for 20+ years I thought that it might be a good idea to learn what those 1800 calories looked like.Last week was week 1 of the experiment which seems to confirm what I had long suspected, it doesn’t matter much in calorie terms what exercise I might do, it all rests on what I put in my mouth!My plan is to continue to write it all down with a calorie running total for the rest of the month and see what happens to the body beautiful. I don’t hide food anymore and do eat a more healthy diet with smaller portions,but there is some way to go yet with portion control. Very much a work in progress.

Good evening all. x

Well done Karen I would think you are a happy bunny with that loss. Hope you are enjoying your free days this week-end. x

HI Ginette After all the weeks of losing brilliantly you are still so very motivated. I absolutely admire you.x

I know everyone says to just weigh once a week but I don’t much care for surprises in life I like to know in advance what to expect. lol
    If I see I am not doing well I want to know so I can hopefully do something about it if possible. I guess of course we are all different. ( my daughter says I like to be in control) lol

Well done Annette 2lbs what a brilliant result .x

I know what you mean about calories. I was so shocked to see how much for 1oz of mature cheddar cheese…normally I would have cut a chunk of that size and eaten while drinking a lrg glass of wine while cooking dinner. lol

Like you Ginette… my legs and ankles especially seem to retain water.
    Friday they were quite achy but after my blip I had a brilliant day yesterday … absolutely to the rules… and they were so much better today.

Decided on my 500 yesterday to split into 2 meals and it was so much better for me. Something later to look forward too.

Probably too many eggs but had poached egg on toast with a peach at 2pm then 2 egg omelette with 1oz of cheese and a bit of salad at 7pm. It worked well and this morning had lost the lb I had gained the day before. Yay.lol

Good day today so hoping to keep that lb off for my weigh in tomorrow morning.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow every what ever you are doing.x

I can do this. xx

Hi Annette

It seems if you have a good plan. I found that exercise stops me eating so much of certain foods. I don’t crave the sweet treats so much. If you do Hiit though it really does help lose it and if you build more muscle that is good to burn more calories as well. So it is worth doing some.

Hi Hemmy

Ah you have found out about the calories now have you. Many foots are surprising and until you check them out you won’t know. I have just eaten 6 plums from the garden, I know they are high calories I shall find out how high in a minute!! They looked so nice once I had picked them that I had to indulge. It is a non fast day and a day when I relax, so that was ok really.

The only reason I think not to weigh daily if you want to is if your emotions are effected so much that you feel like throwing in the towel. At the moment I am weighing about three times a week as I don’t want a surprise on the day I record my weight. I know I will fluctuate even more over the summer.
    I can remember I had gone a couple of weeks a few years ago before 5:2 with very little loss, then suddenly one week I lost 7lbs crazy!!

Eggs are fine from a cholesterol point of view now and I eat them a lot as well. They go well with so many things.

It is really finding what works for you and I also know someone who has brunch and dinner and this suits her. We are all individuals, I really don’t enjoy breakfast and so that is easy to miss, no longer will anybody convince me it is the most important meal of the day. For me I would rather eat lunch about 2.30 – 3.30 and dinner about 7.30 – 9pm. Of I eat breakfast it triggers hunger and then I am always looking for the next meal.

Karen how did your weekend of fasting go?

Fasting tomorrow still on three days a week it helps me stay in control, too many nice foods out there now and such lovely fruit.

Anyone else fasting tomorrow?

Ginette

Ginette

Good morning everyone. x

Just off the scales and have lost 1lb this week… 5lbs loss in the first 2 weeks. So pleased.

It was almost 2 lbs by 2oz but will hopefully show up next week. Lol

The last few days have been easier and I am coping better with the water. It defiantly seems to be the key. Drinking 6.. 8oz glasses but going to up to 7 from today. It has improved my skin a lot… mine tends to be dry and is now feeling softer and moist especially the face.

I have been trying to rack my brain to remember the name of a lady years ago that wrote the more water she drank the fitter and more energised she became.

Its a F D for me also today … no breakfast which I don’t miss … lunch at 2pm and dinner at about 7pm. Not sure what to have yet as I am not at all hungry at the moment. It is only 8am though Lol

Good luck today Ginette x we just need to be mindful and you can eat those delicious plums tomorrow. In my case Aldi apricots which I love.

Have a lovely day all .. whatever you are doing. We can all do this. x

Hi all

Well done Annette and Hemmy on your losses this week.

Ginette….noooo! I didn’t fast over the weekend…that would be too difficult! FD for me today then another on Thurs. This pattern really suits my lifestyle. I am weighing on a Sat am, which is what I’ve done for ages so happy to stick with that. Think I’m going to follow your lead, Ginette and measure less often. Then (hopefully) it will be a good number!

Hope the day is going well for fasters and for those for whom it is a NFD..enjoy!!

Karen
    Xx

Thanks Hemmy. I usually miss breakfast on a FD.Then aim for protein and leaves for lunch and tea.
    Ginette. I have a post run glass of milk which helps rehydrate and fill me up. I am trying to do a bit of HIT as a short sprint.
    Thanks Karen. That loss has made me more determined to think about every thing that I eat.
    FD for me today and Friday.

Onwards and downwards Fast Friends!

Hi Hemmy

I had that one week and the weight loss was counted the week after, you feel as if you are already on the way like that. Well done on your loss.

Hi Karen

Well I must have got that really mixed up. I did think that I could never do that either.

Hi Annette

Yes until you are really sure of calories this is the best way forward. I still always weigh certain foods like meat as that changes and one chicken breast can be very different to another.

I had my lovely Heck sausages and have got a few left for later in the week. I must get some more!!

I hope you all had nice fast days if you were fasting today.

Ginette

Hi Good morning friends. x

Thank you all and Hope everyone had a good FD day yesterday.

Unfortunately I failed in the evening. I had been good all day egg on toast at 2pm then a small piece of salmon and broccoli at 7pm. The downfall was the usual wine.

The daughter and I had decided to have just one glass each but of course we had 2 massive glasses each. Then we had a bowl of crisps.

So failed miserably as I thought but decided it was lovely to have the evening together and enjoy it.

I was amazed to see I had stayed exactly the same weight as yesterday so not too bad. Up side was I drank 7 glasses of water which will now continue hopefully.

I will do Wed and Fri now… as Thurs are out as shopping with Mum and a bit of lunch out.

This must be working the new way of eating as this morning my stomach is a bit dodgy. Lol Hopefully the body will soon reject last nights extra cals.

Have a lovely day everyone what ever you are doing. x We can do this.

Good morning all. x

Today is a FD for me… anyone else.

Have determination this morning to do this. Failed Monday but today is a new day.

No breakfast 7 glasses of water and I think my trusted eggs in some shape or form. Omelette is usually a good one.

Have a great day whatever you are doing my friends. x

Hi Hemmy

I hope you got through this fast day without any problems. I had a fast day today so a nice easy day.

Ginette

Afternoon one and all!
    Lost a 1.5 pound this week well pleased with that it goes to show,I had 2 nights out on the vodka over the weekend but got straight back on 5:2 Monday and have managed to lose.
    Fast day tomorrow
    Lynda

Hi good evening fast friends.x

Well done to you for your nice easy fast day Ginette.

Wow good for you Lynda great news… another good week for you.

I also had a really good day on Wednesday after Mondays downfall. In fact it was my easiest fast day so far.

I really feel with me its not the food thing on the fast day its very mental. I just need to have that mind set to get up and feel “this is the day” mentality iykwim no messing about .

I have decided that on those days its better if I have a project… this week it was painting garden furniture.

Will try to get one more in by Monday.

Best wishes and results everyone. x

Happy Friday all!

Well done Lynda! My 2 x FD are completed for this week. It’s amazing how mindful you become in a short space of time about what you put in your mouth and learn to use precious calories wisely. Also good to concentrate the mind on not eating until you are really hungry.

Keep going to all those on a FD today x

All enjoy your day despite terrible summer weather!

Karen
    Xx

Hi Good evening FD friends.x

Hi Karen its sounds like you have had a good week and looking forward to your FD free days this week-end.

I have a FD on Sunday this week. I have been out to lunch and shop with a friend today and we are having a roast dinner day tomorrow as my daughter is off and treating the day like our usual Sunday.Lol

Hope everyone is having a good week and hopefully the weather will change tomorrow.

Best wishes FD friends. x

Good morning all πŸ™‚

Yay! 0.8 kg loss this week. Really pleased. I’m a third of the way to my target so that feels great and so do my clothes!

Good thoughts with all doing FDs over the weekend x

Onwards and downwards indeed!

Karen
    Xx

Hi All

Hi Lynda, well done on your one and a half pound loss. Do you weigh on a Wednesday?

Hi Hemmy

I am glad that was an easy day for you. I shall be quite sad when I only have one fast day a week, happy to get there of course. This is a long way off though I would say another year or so!!

I agree that the fast days are all in the mind. Some people like to keep busy on these days and find that helps. I feel as if I have been doing them foe so long that I just have a normal day.

Well done Karen

That is a good loss to have, are you finding things easy now?

I have lost 2lbs this week so I am pleased with that after a couple of weeks of not losing. Of course the weather has got cooler so I am retaining less water, I am sure the summer will come back though. I have had a busy week with hospital appointments and no car. I put my car in for an Mot and it is having to have a lot of work done. So very expensive and I have lost it for a week as well! I hate relying on others for lifts.

Hi Annette

How are you doing?

I wonder where the other people have disappeared to who used to be on this thread?

Have a good weekend all.

Ginette

Hi All

I haven’t tried this yes but it is worth trying according to comments.

Chicken and mango salad 108 calories from Aldi

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1606592752939209&set=pcb.827239900725747&type=1&relevant_count=2

Ginette

Hi Ginette
    I weigh on a Thursday morning after a fast.
    Lynda x

Hi All,
    Last week 5 NFD up to my TDEE with x2 500 cal FD= lost 2 lb. This week I have eaten more than my TDEE and despite 2 FD= weight stayed the same only because I ran x3 times and clocked up some miles. Losing weight is just maths. Lesson learned. Back to the groove next week……

Good evening FD friends x

Wow Karen and Ginette … great loses… well done.
    You are really inspirational. It is so very pleasing to see dedicated people like you after doing it a while still so very motivated.

So sorry to hear about your Car Ginette. Absolutely hate MOTs … my car is my main concern as I don’t know a fig about it. I am lucky in respect of having a super pair of guys that trade from a lockup in the village are well respected and very reasonably priced. When I lost my partner I hadn’t even filled a car with petrol for about 20 years. lol

I do hope all is well with your car and its on the road ASP. x

FD tomorrow for me. Have a good day whatever you are doing Friends.x

Hi Lynda

I always weigh on a Saturday before I relax for the weekend. I could never weigh on a Monday, it would show all my sins!!

Hi Annette

It seems you are putting on the work and then undoing it, try what I do and that it strict in the week but relax at weekends. It works a treat for me. Of course I don’t go too mad at the weekends just a little. I have learnt when to stop now. Also I have a week to repair the damage and show a loss. πŸ™‚

I am only in competition with myself. So far in 7 months I have got away with not putting any weight on so I am really pleased at that. It has been a close call some weeks though!!

I look forward to seeing you back to your normal self next week.

Hi Hemmy

Yes it is the ONLY diet I have ever stuck to. I even hesitate to call it a diet as it is really just a way of life now.

I have had the work on my car done and now just need to book it back in for an MOT next week. The garage would have charged more for the work I had done so I shall be pleased if it passes now.

So sorry to hear that you have lost your partner. It must be hard to adapt to life on your own.

I hope 5:2 has made you feel more positive. It has me. I lost someone in tragic circumstances last September and it is hard to come to terms with. He always wanted me to lose weight, the shock of it stopped me eating and then I decicided I had to have control somewhere and so started 5:2. It really has helped focus my mind on something else.

Enjoy your Sunday all, I hope you are all losers next week, in the nicest possible way of course! πŸ™‚

Ginette

Thanks Ginette. I have balked at counting calories, but one week eating up to my TDEE has proved to myself that I am consuming too many calories. Until I learn what the food that I like to eat ‘costs’ in calories, I see no alternative but to count for a while.
    For the past 2 Christmases I have managed to put on 10 lb each time, and then spend much of the next year trying to shift it again. Not this year! I hope to be at goal by then and have already started to think how I can change my habits to make the difference this year.
    Food doesn’t make us fat, but habits do.I am making the changes with the help of a little maths..

Hi Annette

Yes counting calories really does focus the mind. I know how much of an eye opener it can be. Remember though that once in a while if you eat out to relax. As long as you are in control you won’t go too mad. Of course you have to get in control soon, I’m hoping that will happen sooner than you think. I know it is length and boring but I have always counted and weighed on fast days. Now I still do it on the odd week or two just to remind myself. For most people who eat without doing this once the have started and start losing weight it becomes second nature. For those who don’t do this and don’t lose weight…….sadly they often leave thinking that this way of life is the problem.

I would suggest trying my fitness pal. This will help you set your goal and you can choose to lose a certain amount a week. I chose 1lb as this of course does not take into account the fast days. I have found this to be a more realistic calorie goal. Remember TDEE stands for total daily energy expenditure so you should eat below that, I think many people don’t realise that. My TDEE is over 2000 calories but on my fitness pal it is about 1550. That to me is more realistic and it works. I am strict in the week but I relax at weekends. I now never eat breakfast as this starts me looking for food. I eat a late lunch and then dinner with maybe a snack at tea time such as fruit and yogurt or sugar free jelly and youghurt.

I hope this helps.

Ginette

I started this way of life in January 2013 and I have found that my attitude to food and stress has changed over the months. But I keep hitting a weight wall and have no doubt that I am scoffing too many calories, so there is not much choice if I want to get past that brick wall…and change my habits to maintain. My TDEE from this site is 1800 which I need to get used to eating up to as I run x3 times a week.I walk to work as well, so also manage an hour and a half walking weekdays.

I also have 4 young men to feed and need to remember to serve up smaller amounts for me. There is always cake round. I like to bake bread too.

I have to eat at a set time at work. All meals are provided and there is a range of food on offer. I have already given up puddings, but need to balance what I eat at work with what i cook at home. Food for thought-excuse the pun!

Good morning Fast Friends x

Yay Yay Lol I am so thrilled to say I lost 1lb this week. 6lbs .. in 3 weeks. I could not have been happier with a lottery win this morning. Lol

After my bad start on Monday .. had a brilliant Wed and Sun. Both days went really well and exact food recorded for another F day.
    I do feel soo much better already … 3- 2lbs bags of suger Yippeee I imagine them all from my waistline.lol
    This weeks 2 days will be Wed and Fri.

Hope everyone is doing well …I agree Ginette and Annette its best to weigh stuff out on F day. Still am amazed about the size of an oz of chedder cheese. Would just pop that in my mouth while cooking a meal.

My daughter has also cutback on food. I have noticed a big difference in the fridge of the amount of cheese butter and milk we are using in a week. Eating lots more fruit .. veg ,,, salad which is so cheap at Aldi at the moment. Yay

Annette you did well to keep stable this week ..doing the extra exercise paid off. x

I wish had started this last year .. it is really helping me to come back to life after 3 sad years. Even dressing up more now … wearing all my clothes daily as they will be too big… I tell my self. lol Not spending the day in dog walking jeans.

Thank you friends for helping along the way. A good week for all. x

Hi Ginette x

Good luck with your car this week.. hope it sails through and no more worry for a year. xx

hemmy
    Thanks, but it took 15 miles running during the week just to keep stable.
    Enjoy the clothes as your shape changes all over, they soon become redundant.

Hi Annette x

OMG 15 miles running… I would be flaked out in 1. lol Well you did manage to stay evens with that extra effort that is to be applauded. Although after that you must feel as if you should have lost 5lbs at least’

How you have managed to do so well with 4 boys is beyond me. Bread cakes etc must be so hard. I find the days my daughter is on 1-10 shift is easier for me to do the fast day.. no distractions and no wine drinking that late.lol

Good luck this week Annette you deserve it. x

Hi Annette

You will get there. It is down to planning. The trouble is when there is a range of food on offer this can be difficult to make the right choices.

Hi Hemmy

Well done on another 1lb loss, that is really starting to move. How old is your daughter? As you shop in Aldi have you tried the chicken and mango salad? I keep for getting it. I think the mango is in a sauce pot so I may choose not to use this. I think it is about 108 calories. I am never sure about fruit and salad (apart from tomatoes of course).

Yes 1oz of cheese seems minute. I have just bout some cheese and bacon smash as I have seen a recipe for smash pizza. I have to see if I can find some low fat mozzarella. This should be intriguing!!

Sadly the car has failed again, this time it was the handbrake. I am waiting for my son to find out from the mechanic what needs doing now. I really would like my car back by this weekend as I can’t even go shopping. πŸ™

I suppose the good news is that I am rooting around in the freezer to see what I can have and so I will have a much emptier freezer. My neighbour might take me shopping as we sometimes do a late night trip.

Fast day today, I am heading towards my half way mark. So today is one of three this week.

Have a good fast day for all of you fasting.

Ginette

Hi Ginette x

Oh so sorry to hear the news about the car what a nuisance. We have lots of garages around here that will for free check the car before MOT. Makes it easier.

My Daughter is 35. Split up with her partner 2 years ago and has been living back home with Mum. Doesn’t look like any change much in the near future as its quite comfortable for her here. lol

Yes, love Aldi best shop ever for value and quality. Top up with a few M&S treats also. More and more finding stuff just as good at Aldi though.

We also have a small coop in the village who will reduce prices on bread bakery goods well anything really at the end of the day… so good for freezing. What we save on the food we spend on a good wine. ( not F Days of course. ) lol

Best wishes friends. x

Evening all

Well done Ginette and Hemmy on your losses this week πŸ™‚ !

FD for me today and it’s gone fine. I find mid to late aft the worst time so try to keep busy then once I’m thru that it’s not so bad!

Think my tastes have changed since starting this regime: love cheese but haven’t had any. Not much chocolate either. If I feel the need I have one square of 85% and I haven’t had that every day.

Hope today has gone well for all on a FD πŸ™‚

All stay focused!

Karen
    Xx

Hi F Friends x

I agree Karen about the change in taste. Sweet things are my downfall but the craving is defiantly not so bad now.

Yesterday after my F Day Sunday I had a ham crusty roll for lunch. At one time I would have thought nothing of eating two quite easily but the one felt like a massive amount.
    So excited about this way of life .. its refreshing that you can just go about life…enjoy the social times not having to say you are on a diet.

Doing 2 days this week but had wine and apple strudel last night on top of a substantial meal .. so I am trying a semi day today breakfast toast and fruit then 2 Fast meals. See how that works out.

Have a happy day Friends.x

Hi, this is my first post as I have only just started with 5:2. This is now my second week and I have definitely lost volume, my clothes tell me so. I did not weigh myself in the beginning, simply because I could not face the scales. I shall measure myself in due course and contribute to the tracker.

I never tried this approach before, and find the science and evidence/comments here absolutely fascinating.

I definitely feel better, clearer-minded, more energetic.

My fascination with chocolate/sweet foods has disappeared. I never thought I would write that sentence. I still like them, but can stop or have only little.

If this is the first week, I wonder where this journey will take me.

Judging by my progress so far, this is indeed the answer I have been looking for.

Hi Hemmy

Your daughter is a good age to encourage you. It must be nice to have someone like this. My son encourages me as well. He is a similar age. It is also nice for you to have the company.

Hi Karen

Thanks, I have had a little cheese since I have been on it but not really had rice or pasta. I found that my tastes had changed as well. Now I also find I can’t eat as much. Both of these things are good.

Hi Isabel

Well done on starting out this is the best eating plan I have ever tried. It is healthier all around and helps me to lose weight. How much have you got to lose? Where in England are you based, tell us a little about yourself.

About 10 weeks after starting I logged my weigh loss on a thread to show how I lost. One nether person has added hers, I also added some information that I thought would be useful for beginners.

Here is a link to that thread:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/page/2/#post-105561

All others reading this please can you add your ten week losses to this thread as it will really help anyone starting out.

Anyone fasting today?

Ginette

Hi Ginette, hi everyone.

I live in London,and work as a Deputy Manager, very long hours. I was worried fasting would affect my ability to concentrate and perform, but found the opposite to be true.

Thank you for the link to the 10-week thread.

I am 1,77m and about 90kg, that is my guess, not yet dared to step on the scales, I would like to lose 10kg for now, and then see how I feel and what naturally happens.

Looking back, I know that I am at my most comfortable at about 70kg.

Shall keep you updated, and read a little more to find out about people’s journeys.

πŸ™‚

Good evening F friends x

Hi Isabel good to see you here. Hope you will enjoy this new way of life it really seems to work.

Only started 3 weeks ago myself and feel so thrilled with the results. A 6lb loss.
    Like you I feel so much more energetic and already my clothes fit better.

Good luck with the journey. x

Hi Ginette

Yes, the daughter is good company and keeps me very on my toes. Lol Only hard thing is she does enjoy her wine which is fatal for me. I love it too.

She has a very demanding job working with celebs and they can be very stressful at times. Hence the wine when she arrives home.
    Lucky though she is into healthy eating so that’s good for both of us.
    A good day today … nothing naughty as such and a F Day tomorrow for me.

Anyone else F D tomorrow. Happy day x

x

Hi All

Isabel, I am sure you will be surprised at how quickly you can lose it especially at first. Always set small targets so that you will reach them fairly quickly. This is motivating and easily achievable. I set myself half a stone at a time. Maybe if you think in Kg you need to set 3kg a time which is nearly the same.

Hemmy, poor you having wine at hand what a temptation this can be. Maybe you need to both have a pact and only drink at weekends. This will at least limit it. At least she likes healthy food.

Car is in another garage and will have an MOT Thursday. So I need to wait and find out what work needs doing.

I hope everyone is having a good week, fast day for me tomorrow.

Ginette

The above post is a scam, I am going to ask for it to be removed.

Ginette

Thank you tech

Very quick removal. It is annoying when this happens.

Ginette

?You’re welcome! It is annoying, especially the unwanted emails. I’m sorry they made it past the filters.

Hi F Friends x

Hope everyone fasting today is doing okay. 2.30pm now… had a busy morning walking and giving the upstairs a really good clean. Just sat down to my lunch.

Today decided to shake it up a bit and just go for carbs instead of my normal protein day.

Just had 2 slices of toast with a scraping of marmite on one and marmalade on the other and a peach .. cup of tea. Feeling really full now.

Will repeat this at 7pm. Drinking 7 glasses of water with a dash of lemon.

I do love carbs although I know they say protein is longer filling. Think I just want to enjoy this. All trial and error along the way I guess. We just have to find the right way for us. lol

Ginette I am sending healing vibes to your car. x

How’s everyone else’s day going. Happy day .x

Hello fellow Brits !
    I’m just starting(today ! Breaking in with one day this week, normal 2 days next week and after the 5-2 after a two year break.
    I had been trying to use my fitnesspal to track calories but there are some days when I eat clean and only hit 1200 and others where I’m eating filthy and hitting 3000+ and my fitnesspal freaks out about it all! So! I’m ditching the calorie counting for something I know works to 1help me drop a few pounds 2feel good health wise and 3make me care less about what I’m eating !!

Glad to see so many people doing it and feeling great about it ! I’ve yet to meet anyone who has tried it and not been pleased with how they feel !

Hi all

Welcome to the forum Isabel and welcome back to 5:2 Jammy. Hope all goes well for you: the forum is great.So supportive and encouraging. Also really informative about any topic you’re unsure of.

Good going Hemmy!!Good idea to keep busy and take your mind off things..and get a sparkly house for all your efforts. Got to be win win!!

Ginette..I wouldn’t say I find it ‘easy’ as expect to hit a plateau at some stage. But I do think it takes a few weeks to get the routine and rules sorted in your head. Feel I’ve cracked the theory so need to keep making sure the practice lives up to it!

Keep focused to all who have a FD today x

Karen
    Xx

Hi Hemmy

I had fast day today and decided to try a ready made Quorn chicken curry, tasteless! I thought I would branch out a bit, still you have to try it to know. I bought two ready meals, completely out of the ordinary for me now. The second is Quorn Bolognese. I don’t hold out much hope!

Car has an MOT tomorrow although I have heard there is a problem with the new MOT system now, so I should say…… I hope it has an MOT tomorrow and obviously I hope it passes.

Walked to the Dovtors today and then walked to the shops, luckily it was only spitting as it is tipping down now. At least this means that I am getting some exercise now. My stepmum lives 10 miles away……certainly too far to walk.

Hi Jammy

You will find when you have been on this for a couple of weeks that your food intake decreases and you start to eat less of certain foods. It sounds as if you are starting where we all once did. Out of control of your eating habits. This is why most of us are here.

The time to look at TDEE is in two to three weeks.

I agree about point one and two, but not about the last one. But as I said it will all fall into place. You have done this before (I presume successfully) so you can do it again.

Hi Karen

I found that weight loss slowed and at the tines I ramp up to 4:3 for two to three weeks. This normally does the trick and gets the weight loss moving again. Saying that I have never (so far) lost less than 4lbs a month. So I can’t complain. I have however had two to three weeks with little or no loss, this is when I change to 4:3.

Where there’s a will there’s a way.

I have some treats for tomorrow as it is NFD. My doctor told me how pleased she is as I have lost 29kg or in old money 4 stone 5lbs. She is now referring me to the gym as I need to tone up. The NHS are doing all they can to get the obese people healthy again. I hope that one way that I may save them money is by not needing blood pressure tablets one day.

Ginette

Ginette

Your weight loss is absolutely amazing! You must be so pleased with your journey so far.

Those numbers are incredible!

You are an inspiration to all!

Enjoy those treats tomorrow πŸ™‚

Karen

Xx

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 35,396 total)

You must be logged in to reply.