Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 11 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,201 through 6,250 (of 35,400 total)

• What a day…..

Had a lovely morning and afternoon with the girls, had phone call calling ian into work then…. phone call to say mum has fallen again and has cut her other leg open now…

Just waiting to see how she is and when they need me to go….

Will be in touch as and when I can

Audrey

Audrey….

Oh dear your poor mum hope she is not too bad…typical when the doctors are shut or is it a hospital visit.

I would think they would expect you to go down as usual.

Glad you had a lovely day with the girls before your phone call.

❀️ X

Thanks jean, will keep you informed…I am cautiously optimistic as my brother is abroad in a couple of weeks so I will have to go then too. Fingers crossed.

They have a walk in surgery for non emergencies so they have taken her there for now, let’s hope they can deal with it and it’s not back to Blackburn accident and emergency. ..that took hours last time

Audrey

Fingers crossed xx

Sorry about your mom. Audrey Hope it will turn out ok
    x

Hi all

Mum back home now, has now cut her good leg, brother says it’s not as bad as the other one, but has managed to take a lot of skin off it….

She had just been discharged from the leg clinic last week!

Will sort our tomorrow when I am going up, going bed now

Audrey

Sleep well, Audrey and let tomorrow take care of tomorrow’s troubles!
    Thinking of you.
    Mx

Audrey
    Hope your mum’s leg heals ok.

FD tomorrow. Really need it.

Morning All,

Looks like a bright day better than yesterday.

FD for us desperately needed, we are going out to be kept busy..holiday things for Steve, shoes, tee shirts and jeans. May have a cuppa out.

Cmum..
    We are with you today lets keep it together.

Audrey..
    Hope mums a bit better today and your brothers have got things in place for her…well I hope!

Ginette..
    Hope you are ok and have got the front garden cut….if the weather has been fine.

Speak later….any more for fasting today to join, Cmum, Steve and I ….πŸ˜€

Jean x

Mum is ok.

I am going up a week on Wednesday to stay my brother and sister on law are going on holiday then…

I am fasting today also…

Thanks for all your support

Audrey

Audrey..glad to hear your mum is ok after her fall.

Cmum, Jean and Steve – crack this fast day – concentrate on being good to your body and give it a well earned rest. It will thank you for it.

Everyone else – have a good day. Its going to be a nice day.

Im off out for the walk that I didnt get chance to do over the weekend due to the weather. It will be just over 4 miles so lots of steps!

I managed my FD yesterday – well 400cals – didnt attempt a fluid only! I feel better for it and my weight has a dropped back a little, but still 1.5lbs up from Tuesday.
    Im away camping again on Friday but just for a week this time!

Not sure how the day will pan out for me, as its the village fete later and we may wander along and possibly call at our local for an hour, as its been ages since we saw people. But otherwise I will be staying in control. Still got plenty of salad in the fridge to make up a healthy tea πŸ™‚

September for me will be about trying different things on my NFDs eg counting calories; fast until late afternoon; cutting out 1 thing for the day; 2 meals a day.
    Mix it up a bit so I have more chance of sticking to those NFDs.
    And I think I will stick to 5:2 (not 4:3) but if I have done ok on the 4 days out of the 5, I will allow myself a treat on day 5.
    Thats the plan so far and I aim to lose at least 3lbs by end of month.

Catch you all later πŸ™‚

Audrey…
    Glad there’s a plan in action, hope she goes on ok. A few of us fasting I think there will some more as they wake up! ..lol

Kay..
    Glad you have a plan for September…I have been thinking on your lines…maybe missing some lunches on NFDs but I still feel the need for one day off a week.

We are away for three days from Sunday in the caravan, so will make Sunday our FD as travelling, instead of the usual Monday.

I would also like 3 lbs off also by the end of September, we go away on the 28th for 16 days…so I am with you on that one πŸ˜€

Jean x

Good morning all πŸ™‚

Audrey,
    Pheww, I’m glad your mom is alright! Good luck with your fast πŸ™‚ and same to you Jean!

Kay,
    well done on the fast day, 400cal is such a great accomplishment. I yesterday had a mini fast day of max 800 and finished it with around 750. I feel that this balanced out my indulgence day and now I’m back to a TDEE day.
    I’m fasting tomorrow, is anyone else?

I would love to be 3lbs off by the end of September too. I will then have reached my goal weight and after that it’s maintenance, which I struggle with the most. I have given myself the goal after I hand in my dissertation in mid September to start running again or do some kind of exercise at least 3 times a week. Need to get myself fit again!

xx Anna

Hey guys,

It’s a nice day, but I’m feeling quite ill (it’s always sort of fun to me that Micheal Mosley says if you feel ill or peaked, don’t fast, which would basically mean I could never fast) I’m having my first FD this week. Yesterday 463 cals. Do you guys ever notice that in the cookbook the Fast Cookbook, or whatever you guys call it, they often are a little short on the calories. My fitnesspall always says it’s more :S

Good luck today Jean, Audrey. We’re in this together. Audrey. good your mom is doing ok =)
    I’m still taking it a day at a time, not having long-term goals. Do you guys think that’s a bad thing?

x

Hi Audrey

Sorry tI hear that your Mum is in the wars again, esoecilaly as she was doubt we’ll, unfortunately i am finding that is the way with things as people get older. I hope she soon gets better and that it heals quickly. It is an awful shock for her to have this happen again it will really knock her confidence. I am pleased that all the others are helping now though, maybe they now realise how much you have been doing.

Hi Kay

Good that you are getting under control and that you are lighter already. I think it is good to enjoy the camping as the winter will be long enough to get back on track and stray there.

Hi KT

You just get yourself better and then go back to it. Once you are calm it will be easier.

Hi Vi

You pay about Β£5 a week fir slimming world as well. I agree about the cat if it was crying.

Hi Jean

You must be counting down to the time away with your daughter now. No it rained, I didn’t get Pams grass cut but I was given a steam mop and used this to wash her kitchen floor, useless!! It was an effbe shot or something like this, they had really bad reviews online, now in the bin. It didn’t steam and then whe I let in cool Dow to throw the rest of the water away it leaked all over Pams kitchen floor so this had to be cleaned up as well.

Hi Anna

Not far to go now, once you get active you will lose that.

Hi Lynda and Coffee is all well with you both? Coffee are you better?

Just to let you know that Trust me I am a doctor is back on Thursday with Michael Mosley.

Hi All,

A question to the ones which are getting near their goal, last 10/12 lbs or so to go.

When you are making the decision to maintain at what point are you there…??..size in clothes, when the doc / computer tells you, BMI, waist half your ratio to height…..I am 5′. 8″ so do I say 12 or 14 uk size, 10 stone or 11 stone?? If you are 5′.2″ are you 8 or 10 uk size or 8 stone or 9 stone?

Keep going until you feel you look fine and not overweight, when older I don’t want that scrawny look.

I just wondered how you are working it out…nice to know what you are thinking. We have been having small goals along the way but when do you stop.

Well a disaster of a shopping trip…I came down stairs dressed to go out…Are you going out in that? It’s much too big it doesn’t look good….I was taking them on holiday! I have another pair of trousers the same but different colour so that’s two items now put away…so not only Steve wanted things so did I …everything now is all winter stuff..so now struggling…off to Leeds tomorrow M & S and Asda really large stores.

I did buy two pair of skinny jeans for winter, really pleased, making me now look taller and thinner instead of round and small…lol

Ginette…
    What a mess for you with the steamer, I know you and Audrey use them I was having a look myself…but holiday is looming!!

Vi and KT..
    Hope you both feel better soon.

Anna..
    Nice to have all your work behind you and start having some time to yourself in September…hope you will keep stopping by when you are on maintanance…πŸ˜€

Fast day is going good for both of us…keeping busy.

Jean x

Hi Jean

There are really good steamers out there look up which online for best consumer reviews. The one I used yesterday I looked up on Amazon. You can do a search here for anything 4 stars and upward, sometimes they mark it down for stupid things. A steam mop is usually one that will only mop the floors, a steam cleaner can usually mop floors and cones with tools for other jobs so can be used as a window cleaner, to clean the cooker etc.

I really like mine, I think it’s a wolf, it comes with tools and you can detach it from main floor cleaner. I’m not sure what Audrey uses.

Nice that you had to get new clothes as it shows progression. There should be quite a few sales on now. I hope you find something.

Ginette..

I keep looking at the steamers but holidays seem to come between buying one….maybe one day.

A disappointment about the seasons for clothes, I don’t usually rummage in sale things, I like to take two in different sizes and see which fits. I am not really a shopper can’t be bothered really.

I could make do as its not a holiday place and maybe only going out a few times, the children are at school early they have to be at church for 7.30 so they are up and running, with football clubs on an evening etc.

We will possibly go out a couple of nights on our own and maybe with the family again at the both weekends. BBQ in the garden….it’s a nightmare for food in all directions, all the things you don’t want to eat, processed, plastic, sugar and chips!! 😬

Try our best

X

Hi jean and ginette

I have 2 steamers the one at home is a polti vaporetto. . The one at the van is a little yello. Both of them have 3 bar pressure and lots of accessories. .. I have just got a steamer last week for Zoe for xmas it is a steam dynamo from ewbank looks very good very similar to mine… I got it for Β£55 off the Web from toolstation.

Got to fly will be back tomorrow going blackberry picking

Jean we are off to the van on Sunday then going mums a week on Wednesday. ..

Audrey

Abandoned my FD as my OH wanted to go out for lunch and a drive. Ill just do tomorrow instead. Lunch wasn’t great as being Coeliacs it limits the places I can eat and my menu choice. I ended up with mixed leaves with a bit of savoury rice and salsa. Not good and was such a waste of calories. They said they catered for gluten free but obviously not. It really spoils going out.

I have a floor steamer and a hand held steamer. Very useful.

What do they clean…the steam cleaners??

Hehe we should rename ourselves as the steamaholic forum! Lol

Jean did you mean what can you clean with steam? If yes the answer is more or less anything you can put water on. I clean all my kitchen, floor to ceiling, my carpets, curtains in my living room all the bathroom plus freshen up the dogs beds and steam the bedding once it’s on the bed plus all my windows and mirrors in the house! …. all chemical free… Ian always say if we had a fire I would save the dogs then the polti then if there was time him! I LOVE MY POLTI ❀❀ best present I have ever received. ..

Aud

Everything!

I originally bought mine when I thought I might have bed bugs. Turn out no, but you can steam your bedding, all the baseboards in the room, anything else where they might hide. I use it on floors, stairs, windows, –I use fewer cleaners now too.

Doesn’t it leave everything wet…can’t get my head around it?

Audrey the caravan …what do you do there??

In the caravan I clean the bathroom, steam the cupboard doors, get the dog nose marks of the windows, clean the floor and steam the seats…plus of course the fridge and cooker.. told ian when we hot our new Van It needs it’s own steamer lol…

It helps cut down on the pollen and dust mites ian is asthmatic so it has helped his chest an awful lot…oh and no it doesn’t leave everything wet through, the steam is dry steam so at most it just dampens things a little by the time i get it put away every thing is dry. ..

Audrey

Symba, you do have to wipe up to some degree, same as you would with spraying a cleaner. About once a month, I steam my mattress..dust mites..and let it dry before putting on the bedding. The mattress gets damp but not thoroughly soaked. It works really well on kitchen counter tops and cupboard doors. Great for degreasing in kitchen in general.
    \
    And you get to feel like a Ghostbuster!

I shall have to investigate it…lol
    X

Hi Audrey, k-lo and Jean

I had to laugh at the steamy discussion going on here. I use mine for the kitchen cupboard doors and all other doors in the house, plus the windows, I haven’t used it on the cooker yet, too much excitement all at once isn’t good for me.

Getting steamy in the bedroom always meant something else to me ………

Not a bad day food wise, I am at Pams tomorrow, so let’s see what that brings.

Ginette, fortunately it still means that too!πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰

Ah well chance would be a fine thing…….

Morning everyone,

Back to work today πŸ™ at least it seems like this week is going to be summery again, yay!
    I won’t be fasting today afterall, I had a rough evening yesterday and I still feel very affected by it. Will attempt for Thursday and Friday together instead.

gosh you guys with the steam cleaners really go for it don’t you

I think I must live in comparative squalor!!

I just wash my bedding in the washing maching,
    I hardly ever clean inside kitchen cupboards,
    and I use a mop and bucket/hoover for floors and carpets

oh well

spent weekend bingeing which gave me more energy and of course more weight

hope the rest of you are well xx

Morning All,

A lovely sunny day too hot I think for holiday shopping!!

We both had a good FD yesterday so very pleased.

Has no body got any thoughts on were you stop on losing weight??? Or do you keep going till it stops??

Audrey..
    Hope mum is still stable and improving it can be quite a shock…

KT..
    I thought I was clean but I now wonder…lol

Vi…
    Hope you are feeling a bit better this morning.

All have good day speak later when back from shopping.

Jean X

ha ha jean, same
    well I guess I didn’t think I was that clean but was ok
    but now!!!???
    perhaps they are all just messier than us πŸ™‚

Hey Jean

IK’m sorry, I feel a little fuzzy in the brain; but do you mean like what your ideal weight is? I think doctors say your BMI between 21- 24. But I also think it differs for everyone. Didn’t you dream like I really want to be a size … again, when you started. That’s where you stop. I’m 5’1 and I really hope to be a size 6, in a year or two.. I look even smaller because the crooks/ bends in my back and knees.
    Don’t really feel better yet
    Hope everyone is doing well

Ginette and all you guys made me smile with the steam cleaner discussion.

KT, don’t feel too bad about the binging. Hope you feel better

Anna, I hope you do feel better as well

Cmum, it’s always harder to enjoy yourself on severe dietary restrictions when you go out. I sympathise

x

Can I borrow Audrey for a few days………. It’d mean a trip downunder, but I need her at my house, with her steamers!…… Came to see how Vikathy is doing, hi Vikathy, and caught the end of the steamer conversation!

Cheers,
    Merry

Morning all

No weight loss for me! Ian has lost 2lb though…. hehe lol

Jean, I am losing weight until I think I look ok, if I can get into size 12 comfortably then I will be happy..hope this helps.

Have a good week all, merry think it would be cheaper to buy your own than fly me down under lol…

Keep in touch, together we are stronger

Audrey

Hey Merry

I think we’d all like to Hijack Audrey (Holland is closer πŸ˜› ) The diet is treating me well. I’m doing 4 consecutive FD’s every week. Sunday- Wednesday, and everyone says I’m losing weight. It’s difficult for me to tell, because I can’t weigh in. Do you think it would be alright for me to post in the CFD thread, even though I don’t have it? How are you and Cinque doing? Thanks for checking in ! =)
    x Vi

Hey Vikathy,

Good to hear your progressπŸ™‚ Well done! Xx Of course you are very welcome to post in the CFS thread. I have it ticked at the bottom of the page so any posts there will show up in my email. Cinque and I are doing well. Cinque is another Faster who doesn’t weigh or measure and just goes by how her clothes fit. It’s a strategy thats worked really well for her. I’ve got off my butt (which is admittedly smaller than it used to be) and beginning my run on the home stretch to my final goal weight -about 3.5kgs away – or 7 1/2 lbs.

Hey audrey, it was worth a try LOL. Always wondered what steamers were like and what you could do with them, and now I know!

Relax!!!! I don’t steam every day…or even every week. Only when a mania sizes me

FD for me and feeling very positive about it.

Vik
    Well done on your weight loss, you must be really pleased with yourself.

My daughter finally got her scan this morning and it showed what we suspected, things left in her uterus from her delivery 7 wks ago. Have to wait for the Dr to see the report then hopefully something will be done. A senior midwife is also coming to see her tomorrow night for a debriefing. She just wants it all resolved now.

Weather not so sunny here, lots of cloud but reasonably warm. Having a sewing day today. I do like to make things.
    Have a good day all.

Hi All,

Vi…
    Really good everyone is seeing your weight going down, you will be seeing it in your clothes. Fasting 4 days back to back is hard going but it seems to be working …well done

Cmum…
    Enjoy and have a good FD.

Glad you have some news on your daughter and I hope they get moving for her. Looks like they may do a D & C to sort her out. It’s been a long wait.

What are you making? I from time to time have the urge…especially now when favourite things are not fitting me!

Audrey…
    I am after loosing 10lbs more then I will see…we have just seen some friends and they say don’t loose too much more. So I think my 2 stone more will be too much for my height.

I don’t want to keep chasing something I can’t have!

Have you much more to loose, I thought you was nearly at goal?

Back from shopping no clothes bought all winter things 😬 Steve got a pair of jeans.

Jean x

Hi all

Been on liquid only for 2 days tummy playing up big time not missed food at all going back to doctors tomorrow afternoon hopefully all my results will be back.

To many post to read but hope everyone is ok

Lynda x

Lynda…
    Good luck on your results..hope you soon feel better.

Xx

Hi All

I’ve been busy today….no not steam cleaning, I am like k-lo just have a bit of a mad moment from time to time. Did peaty of housework and washing though then up to Pams we had a half a portion of fish and chips each.

Hi Jean

I shall keep going until I get down to a normal size maybe 14, or 16 but mu aim is to get to a size 20 for now, I was getting close before I lost the plot. I got the Wii back out today as I know that when I exercise I don’t fancy all the wrong foods.

Hi Audrey

Well done for Ian, at least you stayed the same, I am giving the scales a miss at the moment until I’m back under control. The exercise now started I’m in Peru. I only did 17 mins today but plenty for the gist time I shall hopefully do more later in the week although it is a bit hot and my knees are aching as I am carrying too much water as usual in this weather.

Hi KT

I don’t go mad with the cleaner that often and I only do the cupboard doors. My cupboards could do with a good clean out.

Hi Lynda

I hope you feel better soon. Hope the results are good.

Hi Anna

I hope work went well, first day back is always hard.

Hi Vi and Merry.

Back to my talking book to cool down now. I got far too hot exercising. I must be mad!!

Morning all

Just a quick post

Had a good day yesterday and another fast today… we have a butcher who is making chicken sausage so am giving them a try for tea. Will make up a tomato sauce and pop some pasta in with them, sort of like sausage meat balls..

Have a good day all, ginette will get my wii out tomorrow or possibly later today, Lynda get better soon

Audrey

Morning All,

Looks a good day here in NE.

We seem to be on track, good day yesterday. I popped on the scales I am still the same as Friday weigh in.

I was reading yesterday Dr Fung…he was saying when you loose 14% / 15% of your body weight ( female) or about 8 / 9 months in on fasting, this is the time you go on a plateau, you have to keep going and not give up as your body is in a reset mode, a could take a few weeks or longer, then it will start loosing again. These reset modes keep happening that is what a plateau is.

( This is possibly me this last month or so)

Another thing he said was to shift your fasting patterns around when this happens. Dinner to dinner fast…ADF….water only one day fasts…close your eating window on FDs to 4 hours or just one meal. He also said to eat to just under your TDEE on NFDs with healthy food don’t keep your calories too low.

Kay and I were both thinking of shifting a few things about in September so see how we go.

Ginette and Audrey..
    Good luck on the wii it worked for you last time.

Enjoy your chicken sausages Audrey.

Hair colour this morning so that will keep me busy

Hope everybody who are not feeling too well soon improve.

Have a good day all

Jean
    X

Hello! I’m Danni, and just joined this site. I’m 31, and from Preston, Lancashire and I’m currently on my first fast day. So far I’ve had two boiled eggs and a ton of water! Got a noodle salad planned for later. I’m doing this in conjunction with the gym four days a week, and I’m trying to be as good as I can on my non fast days. No other diets have worked for me, but I’m feeling good about this one. Trying to view it as a lifestyle change instead! I’ve already lost 2kg with going to the gym, but hoping to lose another 14kg, which will bring me to 59kg x

Viewing 50 posts - 6,201 through 6,250 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.