Fasting as a learning process

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Mind Mindfulness
Fasting as a learning process

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ktf 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I started the 5:2 to support my partner who has advanced prostate cancer and who was inspired by the assertion that starving changes your body’s cell production to repair mode. We have been on it for 4 months now, I love it and continue now for myself. There are so many aspects that delight me – taking charge of what I put in my body, realising how little we really need to eat, my digestive system having a rest twice a week, the radical sense of not being slaves in a market that can only grow if we consumers increase our consumption, being lighter and able to run, I love knowing that I can be hungry and still do heavy physical work, … the list goes on. But perhaps the best for me is the growing sense of rhythm and connectedness I feel with my body in the world – it feels like I’ve finally realised something worth knowing, and it will continue!!
    My partner, who is on hormone therapy which has the tendency to cause weight gain, has lost about 8 KG and is feeling much better for it.
    5:2 has become a way of life. Our 2 daughters joined us last week!

@joanna, do the doctors who treat your partner know he’s fasting? What do they think of it? Are they supportive? The effects of food and fasting on cancer are a very interesting topic. Do you know David Servan-Schreiber’s book Anticancer: A New Way of Life?

Please keep us posted. All the best!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.