fasting and skipping meals

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ghostgirl 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• In the book, Michael mentioned that one of the researchers not only fasted regularly but skipped lunch. What are the effects of skipping lunch on your metabolism and insulin response? Is there any research to show that this may be beneficial?

Personally I’m finding lunch to be a nuisance and think I have a lot to gain (financially) by skipping it entirely, but I want to know that it’s also perfectly healthy. 🙂

I assume you are talking about non fast days. @lydia88

I have skipped breakfast on a regular basis for many years and if I have to eat early for any reason, I skip lunch.

It isn’t actually necessary to have 3 meals a day so long as you eat sufficient for your needs at other times. It is something we have been ‘conditioned’ to. Why eat just because it’s breakfast-time/lunchtime/dinnertime if you are not hungry?

I don’t know what the effects might be on insulin response as it’s not something that’s at the front of my mind – someone else on here will be able to answer that one – but I can’t see that it would have an effect on the metabolism.

If you don’t feel like eating lunch then you probably aren’t hungry – so I can’t see any harm in skipping it. One of the things I am learning from the fast days is to recognise hunger.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.