Fasting and HGH levels

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  saralovesviolet 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Hello everyone, I am a newbie in fasting (currently in my 3rd week and feeling great) and while trying to recap as much information as possible about it and its effects on the body I feel that regarding its effects on HGH there is so much information saying opposite things. According to the BBC documentary “Eat, fast and live longer” and also “The Fast Diet” book, fasting produces a decrease of this hormone which is also the responsible for aging effects and some kind of diseases, so it would be a good thing to keep it in a low level, am I right? However I have also read in several sites that the effect is just the opposite, this hormone is being increased during fasting and that this is actually a good thing because it helps building muscles among other things. I feel really confused at this point since I have no proper studies on nutrition so I would really appreciate any information about this that could enlighten me.

Thank you so much in advance!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.