Fasting and Bake Off!!!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Only Me 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• I have thought about where to place this post for a couple of minutes before do it but I decided that this is not about food sharing but personal feeling.

I love baking – all kinds of baking. (love to watch the bake off competition :)) But, as I am trying to lose weight, I always have to restrict myself from baking because, naturally, someone else have to eat the baked goods. When I was eating my own breads, cakes and pies, I always felt guilty.

Since started the 5:2 diets, I have experienced (like first time in my life) the liberal feeling to bake anything I like and eat them as well. I don’t eat the whole cake of course. In fact, I just eat the same size of slice as I did before. But now I learnt to prepare myself for it by having a smaller lunch and dinner. Enjoying my own bake without feeling guilty is something that I don’t recall when I last felt like this.

Of course this food comsumption compensation between meals are not something new to anyone of us. But I think the 5:2 diet is such a good eduation that it taught to learnt about my eating emotion and hunger – something that no one told me at any point in my life! I just think I learnt so much about myself, how I feel when hungry, why I eat. I have a much more positive relationship with my food and felt in control of my own eating.

BTW, since on the diet, I figured out that 90% of time when I felt like to reach for foods has nothing to do with hunger – even nearly all becasue I am a bit bored with what I am doing (at work) so I reach for distraction.

I started the diet to lose weight. Now,it becomes less important to me. I am just so happy that I don’t have to feel guilty and I could enjoy myself. When I don’t felt guilty with what I ate, I realized that I don’t have the desire to binge and tell myself you have ate that anyway, why not the rest! No, not once that happened, I am not desperate to stuff my face like before anymore!!

Sorry for a bit messy writing…but it does is an emotional post to me. Thanks for anyone ready..:)

I have been doing the 5:2 diet for less than 3 weeks, so not long, but this is one of the things I have noticed. Made hubby Florentines after watching Bake Off last week and I didn’t mind not having any on fast days, knowing I could have them another time and not feel guilty.

Just wanted to say I liked your post and this is how I want the 5:2 to work for me!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.