Fast Time

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sylvestra 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi,

Reading the book I noticed the fact that a “fast” period only needs to last up to 24 hours. I just wanted to clarify how exactly this works. On day 1 at around 6pm I have been having a normal dinner and then nothing until day 2 (the next morning) which is usually a 200 calorie breakfast. After which I have 300 calories through the day and then eat a normal dinner again by around 7 or 8 on day 2. Is this an effective way to be going about the fasting?

Best.

@jknowles6 Hi…if you have a 200 cal breakfast, 300 cals throughout the day then a normal dinner you are fasting for 24 hours but your weight loss may be quite slow. Most people have 500 cals between dinner on a non fast day and breakfast on the next non fast day. Some have 3 small meals, some have breakfast and dinner others, like myself only have dinner on a fast day. You do what works best for you and what what fits best with your lifestyle. Ideally the longer you can go without any food the more likely your body will burn fat.

If you follow the ‘faq’ link at the top you will find questions on this subject and Michael Mosley’s answers.

Good luck

xx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.