Fast Diet and Cilazapril

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Auriga 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• In the forum ‘Hypertension (HTN) or high blood pressure and FastDiet’ Clare states, blood pressure [Bp] “is affected by a whole variety of factors and tends to gradually increase with age” … i’d also add that your genes are also a key factor that needs careful consideration. My mother was impacted by high blood pressure in her later 20’s and this remains an issue to watch in her 60’s.

i’ve been on the Fast Diet since mid May 2013 and have had some positive health results so far. I’m 48, and my cholesterol’s down, good HDL increased, bad HDL decreased, and i’ve lost 8kgs over the past 5-6 months of doing the Fast Diet. while still a healthy bmi (20.5 – i’m 191cm tall) i’m considering moving to the 6:1 approach if weight keeps dropping in next few months. weight loss isn’t my main objective.

my concern is that my Bp (160/100) hasn’t really changed over the past 5-6 months and now my GP has recommended that i take an ACE inhibitor ‘Cilazapril’ and to address my situation. are there any side effects of taking Cilazapril while IF’ing?

I believe that your blood pressure tablets may react with the diet due to low / high potassium levels. You should talk to your doctor again. It is known that ace inhibitors react with this particular diet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.