Fast days consisting only of breakfasr

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jetsman21 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• On my fast days I eat all my 600 calories for breakfast and then have nothing for 24 hours, apart from green tea, black coffee and water. I have no problems with this in terms of hunger pangs.
    Some in my family argue that fasting for so long is bad for you because the body goes into survival mode, keeping the fat and allowing muscle loss.
    Are my family right? If not what arguments should I use to counter their views?.
    Thank you.

Philip

Have a look at the FAQs on this site. All your family’s concerns are addressed

If you are fasting (and eating normally on non-fast days) you are going to lose weight due to an overall caloric defecit- that is a good thing. This weight will be a mix of both fat and muscle. There are some things you can do though to help prevent muscle loss. The most important (and best) thing you can do is incorporate resistance training (weights) into your weekly workouts. This will help your body grow and retain muscle over time. Also- starvation mode which I believe you are alluding to is a total myth. Here is a link with some awesome info: http://www.nowloss.com/starvation-mode-myth.htm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.