fast days are simple eating days are hard help

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
fast days are simple eating days are hard help

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Adele05 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Ok so im fasting fine but the eating days im struggling to eat nice healthy food im craving chocolate and naughty things etc and today i broke and ate some crisp and some savoury biscuits and jaffa cake mini rolls help

Let yourself ‘break’ just don’t go nuts (i.e. over your tdee) and you’re fine. That’s the point of 5:2 – easentially, you aren’t supposed to ‘diet’ in the classic sense the other 5 days!

I am also finding the fasting days easier – I like to follow clear rules, I suppose. but I worked out that as I like the fast days, it makes sense to do 3 days of fasting – that way it doesn’t matter if I eat a little too much on the non fast days.

My routine is fast on Monday and Wednesday and until dinner time on a friday – that allows me to have something extra on a friday night.

I have around 2500 cals on non fast days – giving me an average of about 1600 a day over the whole week. With regular walks this is enough to lose weight.

I also try to stick to low carb on non fast days to prevent the sugary overeating that you describe.

Non-fast days are tough. You don’t want to feel like you are over doing it but you also want to enjoy food and that is ok. On my non fast days I tend to eat foods that are high in protein and low in carbs. If I decide to have a high calorie lunch or dinner I just eat lighter at other times during the day. For example, today I went out to lunch at work and had fajitas so tonight at dinner I will have a small 300 calorie meal just like I would on a fast day to offset the larger meal I ate earlier today. Does that make sense?
    Don’t be afraid to eat foods you like- just do it in moderation. I love Hershey bars (they are my favorite) so I will have one every now and then on non-fast days to satisfy that craving. However, if I plan to have a Hershey bar that night I’ll just go lighter at another time during the day.
    As you fast longer it will get easier to not eat so often. For instance, if I know I’m going out to a big dinner tonight I will just eat very light throughout the day (as if i’m fasting) so that when dinner comes I can enjoy what I want without guilt.

Thank you all for your replies they all make sense. I will start over again with this as ive not done so well

I’ve just finished my third week of fasting and yesterday’s fast was by far the hardest. I had a mouthful of dried fruits (trail mix) because I was struggling! I kept telling myself that I shouldn’t beat myself up about food – this is the crux I think for many of us… so much easier said than done though.

One trick I find is planning the meal for fast day before hand as it gives me focus and something to look forward to. I often have the same meal for lunch the next day to prolong the benefits of eating well (and use up the leftovers). I might eat another “fast day meal” later. I then eat the same as the rest of the family at the weekend including one special treat I have promised myself which is a home made bread.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.