Fantastic results for a year, but now body starts retaining water

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
Fantastic results for a year, but now body starts retaining water

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  AurumMetallicum 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• I am a 30-year old woman who has been on the fast-diet for a year and lost 5 kilos. I’ve done two separate fast days per week and have been eating normally for the remaining days. The weight dropped off quite quickly (a lot of water retention!) and I’ve felt really great with this way lifestyle in terms of energy.

I have a somewhat underactive thyroid gland (low in iodine) and have been on supplements for this for a few years. As a result of this I used to retain a lot of water, an aspect that would worsen with PMT. This has been gone for the last year, but I am now starting to retain water again. My breasts are swollen throughout the month, and I am generally “water heavy” in spite of two fast days as normal. As a result of this I am now doing three fast days a to see if it can help shedding the water. Generally low in salt intake. It doesn’t seem to help (been doing it for a month).

It seems as if my endocrine system/thyroid gland now is used to the fast diet lifestyle and is starting to be underactive again. As a result of the water retention I am stricter in terms of calories, something that didn’t used to be necessesary in the past year. Am also drinking herbal teas with diuretic effect, but doesn’t seem to be helping for the past month.

Should I eat less/more on fast days/other days?
    The diet -really- worked well for a year, and I don’t understand why I am retaining water again as I’ve been doing the same routine.. Any ideas?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.