Failed at eating only 500 cal.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Failed at eating only 500 cal.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Streamline 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Well i made it through my frist day but i ate 600 cal instead of 500. Has anyone else had this problem

Dr. Mosley revised 5:2 to allow 800 calories. I would link the article from The Telegraph, an interview he did back in May, but I can’t do it on this tablet. Let me know if you want the interview, and I’ll link it later. Also, Jacqueline Whitehart’s new 5:2,cookbook discusses the updates in depth. They are working well for me. Don’t feel bad. 500 calories were impossible for me to stick to long term, although many are still doing it.

I along with some others have found that eating nothing on fast days is easier than eating something. I can take the idea of food out of the equation in my mind – and with it the presence of food and the temptation to eat over 500 calories. To me eating something is setting myself up for failure. I have very strong will-power but I know that would be tested more when restricted to eating something (500 – 800) as opposed to nothing. Everyone is different and deals with things differently. So you just have to find what works for you whilst encompassing the ethos of 5:2.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.