Ever decreasing iseult….

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Ever decreasing iseult….

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  iseult 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone! I’m a 41 year old teacher and Mam of 1 from South Wales. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue compounded by food sensitivities. My new year resolution was to pinpoint those sensitivities and try to get to grips with the fibro once and for all through my diet. Then I read something about the success with 5:2 for inflammation and cognitive dysfunction so I thought I’d give it a go! I was, and am, terrified at the very thought of being hungry. The first day though was surprisingly easy. The second less so. But I now weigh three pounds less and goodness knows I could lose a stone or two!

Today was my third fast day… it was bad. I stuck to it but bloody hell it was awful today! I had non-contact time in school where I wasn’t busy enough but couldn’t go and do something else. As a result I couldn’t think of anything else but food!

I’m thinking of doing another day tomorrow, just to kick it’s butt and show it who’s in charge! I don’t know if that’s the right thing to do but I’m loathe to wait til Thursday and let it build up a reputation of fear of fasting, does that make sense?

Anyway, I thought it might help to blog it…. onwards and downwards 🙂
    Anyway, hello and hopefully this is the start of something good!

Hi @iseult Sorry to hear you had a bad day.

Please stop obsessing. I know that’s easy to say but if you think you are going to feel hungry on your fast days, then that’s just what you will feel. You are not going to drop down from malnutrition or starvation for just one day so there is no need to fear anything.

Most of the ‘hunger’ you think you feel on a fast day is likely to actually be thirst. Make sure you have plenty fluids – herbal tea, water, black coffee or tea ( if you don’t like black coffee or tea, just make sure that you account for any milk or sugar in your 500 cals)

Hang on in there and if you feel you can do another day tomorrow then fine.

Personally I’d have a non fast day tomorrow – it’s not supposed to be a battle – give yourself a break and try again on Wednesday. There’s nothing to be afraid of – have 3 small meals totalling 500 cals throughout the day if necessary then cut it down to 2 meals after a week or so. Trying to go too long without food will only build the feeling of fear but if you go say 6 hours at a time it will be easier. Tell yourself you can eat at a certain time then have a cup of something and the time will pass more easily. You will still only have had 500 cals so it won’t affect weight loss significantly.

let us know how you get on

xx

Thank you for your support Sylvestra!

I did do another fast day after all and I’m glad I did… it was MUCH easier and I then felt fine about today’s too 🙂

So I’ve had three fast days this week… but two days where I’ve eaten like a complete git so it’s all swings and roundabouts eh? *rolls eyes*

Well done Iseult!

Am sure its all good, hang in there 🙂

Hi and welcome:

There is really nothing wrong with being hungry – it can be quite educational.

Here are some tips that might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/warnings-to-newbies/

Good Luck!

thank you Angie and Simcoeluv 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.