Enough cals on feast day?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  aniann 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hello,

I just started yesterday and am worried that I won’t be having enough calories on my feast days. I typically have around 1200 calories a day (except on the weekend, definitely more). I am worried that with the fast days and me only eating 1200 on feast days I will not loose weight? I have been reading the forums and I think I definitely need to up my calories on feast days but I’m unsure how high to go? the calculator says 2154. I don’t see how I’m going to get to that, wondered if 1700 would be sufficient? Today is my second day, I’ve just added in some cereal and a glass of wine to up my calories to 1700, didn’t feel like I was hungry but don’t want to be in starvation mode!

Thank you
    Elaine

Hi Elaine and welcome to your new life. Do not worry about any thing concerning this lifestyle, just remember that we are all different and each of us have our own individual experiences and concerns. On the home page click on faq on the top right hand side. Many of your questions and concerns will be answered there. In the next few weeks quietly go through the posters comments. Many posters should have a honorary degree in health and nutrition research for what they do and the contributions they make to this forum.
    Do what suits you and what you are comfortable with.
    Good luck.

Hi Elaine,

I was a 1200 per day calorie restrictor, prior to my 5:2 life. Like you, I was initially worried and a bit confused as to how many calories to consume on feed days. Especially where you are now really calorie restricting 2 days a week, and you don’t want to be counterproductive.

My TDEE is close to yours, and I shaved off 500 calories, which is what you have essentially done. Got that number from a lot of reading and research, and it has worked out very well! Good luck in your new way of life! I think you will love it!

Thank you this is reassuring, I know I’m only on the second day but excited by what I have read that this will work for me. I think I have struggled to loose so far as I wasn’t eating enough, oh well time to gorge and fingers crossed!

I had a similar question: my main goal right now is weightloss because I fall into the obese category (oh how I hate that word…so depressing). My plan is to have 2-3 fast days per week but also to keep my nonfast days down between 1200-1500 cals. Is there any reason I should try to eat more (like the “starvation mode” theory)? I just finished 30 days of the Fast Metabolism diet where I had to eat every 3-3.5 hours due to that theory… Lost a little weight but tended to gain back on higher calorie days.

My TDEE is roughly the same also. I restrict to around 1800 calories on normal days and at present I’m still losing weight. When that stops, I’ll reduce a little more but never below 1500.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.