Easier than expected

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  I hate lettuce 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Had my first fasting day yesterday and found it a lot easier than expected! Was reasonably busy until mid afternoon, but even after that didn’t require much willpower to complete the day.
    Was aiming for 600 calories…. went to 610 the second coffee of the day (early evening) tipped the balance, but only just.
    Felt remarkably well this morning, not as hungry as I thought I was going to be, must just keep this up, waiting to see what Friday morning brings (weigh in day) could well be good news as being extra careful this week and early on probably easier to lose weight.
    Next fasting day, can’t decide, Wednesday or Thursday! But not as worried about keeping to it as I was.
    Anyone else out there just starting out?

Hi! I just started doing the 18:6. Guess I am sort of doing the 5:2 as well. The days I do shift work after work I am not eating for almost 24 hrs then I give my self 4 hours for a meal. Since I don’t get up until the afternoon and have something to eat in the late afternoon it was not that hard.

Last night was the first time I got a headache. I drank so more water and went to bed. The headach was gone this morning : )

I am noticing how my appetite has been cut in half!
    It is making me a more concious eater and to make sure my food is nutrient dense with lots of protein.

I agree that it’s not as hard as it sounds. When I tell people I fast completely one day a week and fast 16 hours on the other six (I combine 16:8 with 6:1), they look at me like I’m crazy and say they could never do that. But it really is not that hard.

I find it easier to not eat at all on my fast day. I used to eat 500 cal but then I found it was hard to stop and I’d always nibble on small things, telling myself that it was okay because I probably hadn’t reached 500 yet – but I kinda knew I probably had 🙂

What I love about this diet is that it’s so easy to turn into a lifestyle. I can choose whichever day suits me best (usually Monday). If Monday doesn’t suit that week (this week for example it was my boyfriend’s birthday) I’ll just do Tuesday (fasting today!).

What I also really like is that I can still eat whatever I want. I don’t have to give up anything. Yes, I can’t go crazy but I never want to eat loads anyway because I’m full more quickly.

Since starting the 16:8 I’m never hungry in the mornings anymore, so I almost don’t notice that I fast for 16 hours every day.

I’ve tried so many diets before the fast diet, and I’ve given up on all of them. Been doing intermittent fasting for 3 years now and I’m pretty sure I’ll be doing it for many years to come!

Been away on holiday since 30th August, not possible to diet on a cruise!
    Fabulous food, too much to drink, but lots of exercise, loads of stairs and steps every day, going to be interesting weigh in tomorrow. Managed fasting day Tuesday and again today, so fingers crossed!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.