Dummy spit – even though things are good.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Support, chat and encourage
Dummy spit – even though things are good.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  issu 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• I have been doing 5:2 since mid November and have managed to burn around 10 kilos, have gotten back into items of clothing that just haven’t fitted in so long, have been working out and getting some good muscle tone and definition and only have a miserly 3.3 kilos to hit the top of my healthy weight zone, my body fat percentage according to my highly inaccurate scales is now in the vicinity of around 36%. Haven’t been finding it all that hard to stick with the 5:2 way of life.

Have been feeling taller, fitter, leaner, stronger BUT am in a foul mood today and feel like just giving it all away – why bother with this.

Was chatting with a friend yesterday and mentioned that hubby had lost 7 kilos and that I had lost 10, only to be asked “from where? you must have hidden it well.” I think the comment is annoying me more than it should in combination with the fact that hubby would always tell me I wasn’t fat even though I was more than aware of the extra kilos of blubber that I had been carrying around. (must say that he sees and feels the difference in me now – though he still wont admit that I was fat).

I am currently at the point where I typically will give up on dieting and working on being fit. The body isn’t looking bad and I’m feeling good about where I am physically so surely I can just relax and enjoy the ride (and slowly all the weight will pile back on – going by past experience).

Today I am just wondering what is the point of it all if it makes no difference to anyone whether I am borderline obese or fit and healthy. Have been having a really bad eating day today, continually eating and feeling like I don’t give a damn. At least it isn’t a fast day. πŸ™‚

Sorry just needed somewhere to vent.

Have just decided that we will be having stir fry pork and veg for dinner tonight and tomorrow – hopefully – will be back in the groove and past this foul mood.

Hi ghostgirl, I have just woken up (far to early) after my 2nd fast day and read your post. It reminded me of a post I read yesterday about not irritating family and friends about diet. Reading your post I see all the positives and to be honest it has given me a little kick up the backside reading your success at loosing both weight and fat. You say you “Dont Give a Damn”. “Frankly my Dear”, I do. (Could almost be the lines in an old film). I have been working on my fitness along with my diet, just like you. Some say I do not look like I have lost weight. Just like you. I some times feel p***** off about it all. Just like you. I have lost weight and some dangerous visceral fat. Just like you. I am on the borderline obese. Just like you. I pigged out two days ago. Just like you. I could go on and on couldnt I?. On the plus side I have maintained a weight loss of around 14 lb for the past year. I am getting my mojo back and begining to feel better about myself. I have just checked my blood pressure. 123 over 71 and a pulse rate of 50 bpm. Not bad for a grumpy old man of 65. So please grump away, I and other posters will be there for you. Enjoy the stir fry and enjoy the next couple of pounds you are going to lose.
    Good luck.

Morning Ghosgirl!

please please don’t let those ignorant comments get to you, I have had those in the past and yes they hurt, deeply, but you are BETTER than them!!

you are doing well, it takes time, and its life long journey not a race… I understand how fed up you must feel, but talking about it is good so as Couscous said, rant away!!!

ignore them, sometimes its jealousy, rudeness even, who knows!
    keep at it, hang in there, show them what you are made of πŸ™‚ we are with you all the way hun xxx have a good day, and that pork stir fry sounds yummy lol!!

Hi Ghostgirl!

Keep it going babe! Thing about health improvement dear πŸ™‚ you said yourself you feel much better

“Today I am just wondering what is the point of it all if it makes no difference to anyone whether I am borderline obese or fit and healthy.” well it does matter! Matters for those who love you- maybe not exactly how you look like (i lost 9 kg and my hubby doesn’t even notices :)) “the fact that hubby would always tell me I wasn’t fat even though I was more than aware of the extra kilos of blubber that I had been carrying around. (must say that he sees and feels the difference in me now – though he still wont admit that I was fat).” if your hubby tells you you are fat it’s time to look for a new one;)

I think we look at gestures and smiles of beloved ones so much that the rest doesn’t matter much πŸ™‚ maybe when you loose 20-30-40 kg then you see it much more, but i tell you we get use to how the new, slim person looks like very quickly. What really makes the difference is your well being- you only appreciate health when we are ill. So be active and look after yourself and fast, to make sure you can live healthy for as long as possible.

your friend comment sounds like a jealousy to me.Next time Just smile and say THANKS. Thats what i do when people are mean- it’s seems to work, and makes them feel crap πŸ˜€

we all have a bad day- i had one yesterday too, but even i did overeat on my fast day and fantasized about food all evening (lack of protein lunch time does that to me every time :)) i did stick to it, had a whole pot of camomile tea and went to bed early feeling crap πŸ˜€ I’m better today and don’t feel like quitting right now- I’m sure i will want to quit many many times.

give your hubby a cuddle, vent here as much you like and carry on A GREAT JOB you doing!

take care!

Hi @ghostgirl

You say “Today I am just wondering what is the point of it all if it makes no difference to anyone whether I am borderline obese or fit and healthy.”

OK – it may make no difference to the people you meet but surely it matters to you. You’re not doing this for them so what do they matter?

I never mention weight loss unless someone mentions it first. usually the sort of negative comments you mention come from jealousy and are often followed up with ‘I’d like to lose weight but….(insert excuse here)…..

and “Have been having a really bad eating day today, continually eating and feeling like I don’t give a damn.”

Well you do give a damn or you wouldn’t be venting!!

Let’s face it bad days happen – I have days when I eat far more than I need to – usually at weekends because there is usually more food around. Even as I’m shoving something into my face I’m hating myself for doing it.

But hey!! You’re having a bad day! Tomorrow will be a better day. Draw a line under it, lift your chin up and carry on. And just ignore the negative comments.

And there are lots of people here who ‘give a damn’ and are right there with you.

xx

Hi Ghostgirl – At the end of the day you’ve got to decide who you’re doing this for. You’ve said yourself how much you are getting out of this personally – just do it for you.

The other people in your life love you, they love who you are and they’re probably not that fussed about the package it comes in. To them you are the same person whatever you look like and they love you and think you’re beautiful, even if you put on a few pounds. Hopefully they would notice & intervene if you gained really significant, unhealthy amounts of weight but if you’re more or less still you they probably don’t ‘notice’ changes because they see you so regularly and you just don’t LOOK for change in people you are with all the time. They don’t mean anything by it and I’m sure they’d be horrified if they thought they’d contributed to the way you’re feeling now.

At the end of the day, this is your life and your body and you will get out of it what you are willing to put into it, health wise. So do it for you – don’t rely on other people’s inputs for your confidence boosts.

If you’re doing it for you (which is why anyone should be) then it counts that you’re doing something for yoour long term health.

Thanks for the support everyone. πŸ™‚
    I think if I hadn’t let myself vent yesterday I would have stayed stuck in a downward spiral.

The comment from my friend wasn’t nasty in anyway – just depressing to me. I think that I must carry excess weight well. When I tried WW a few years ago I started at about the same starting weight that I had with this WOE and someone there asked me if I was “at maintenance”. My friends obviously see me as me and not my weight.

I suppose I’m a bit of a funny one but I don’t shy away from recognising when I’m fat. It isn’t a stigma to me but just how it is, just like when I’m fit and healthy I’m fit and healthy – a simple fact of life – so hubby doesn’t need to go and hide if he acknowledges it. If he then goes and hides the BBQ shapes on me – that is when he would get in trouble.

Had my pork and vegie stir fry last night – not one of my best combinations but it was edible, washed down with a nice glass of white wine.
    Today is good again – been to the gym for my weights workout and did a catch up spin class for the one I’d skipped on Tuesday.

I’m back to being focused – remembering how good it feels to get back into my skinny jeans (that have always been my challenge item at the back of the cupboard for about the last 20 years) and that wonderful feeling of taller, fitter, leaner, stronger.

Now to keep focused through autumn and winter so I can rock summer – fit and healthy.

That’s the way to think Ghostgirl!
    No one (not even my mother) noticed when I had lost my first unwanted stone. Probably because I was still wearing my ‘big’ winter clothes, but once warmer weather arrived and t-shirts came out of hiding, people did notice.
    I think some people are wary of making comments about weight because they felt you were fat in the first place – at least yours looked passed that and loved you for yourself πŸ™‚

Ghostgirl maybe we should start a topic with random comments from friends (even that they don’t always mean to say bad thing) but they get to us so we can just laugh about them and forget? πŸ˜‰ when I told my friend today I lost 9 kg she answered “she can see it on my face” Lol! I have round face by nature and it will stay that way even if I would go down to size zero. I didn’t know if to say thank you or to hide, because if that’s the only place I lost weigh I must have looked like a pig. Xxx

If you can’t have a bloody good dummy spit here where are you going to have it?

Daughter: Jeez Mum you look so frumpy. Why don’t you get yourself some new clothes? Get some trousers that fit! Everything you wear looks so saggy.

No hint anywhere in there of praise for losing 10kg. So I punched her in the left eyeball and kicked her shins, and stole her piggy bank to go out and buy some new jeans.

hahah Good one RoBa? did you ‘finally’ πŸ˜‰ get some new clothes for yourself?

well done for loosing 10 kg, now go and treat yourself to new trousers and don’t forget to get tight once as they too will become to big soon πŸ˜€

my hubby (skinny 6ft 10 stone) ‘so you weight less then me now?’ (didn’t look like he was believing me either )
    well yes but I’m 5’2 grrrr πŸ˜›

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.