Drinking Water

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jaybee78 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Just a top tip I would like to share. If you struggle to drink enough water, particularly on Fast Days, I find using a drinking straw really helps. I just seem to drink more. Its helpful if you don’t like to drink only water too, as you don’t really “taste” it and saves the sugar calories (or the dreaded sweetner rubbiah) in cordials and squash.

@angeyorks
    ” I find using a drinking straw really helps. I just seem to drink more. ”

Great idea, although I prefer just chugging water with no ice, lemon flavored.

I don’t make a big deal of it, even in the company of others.

It may just be a love affair with water, forever.

It’s like love affairs that others have with foods like chocolate.

Water first, always.

➰

Hey Ange, I’ve found that drinking with a straw helps too! Back home I have these 0,5L glasses, so I know how much water I drink in a day – I just set it between my arms at my desk and lurk away whilst typing. I can easily drink 2,5L in half an hour that way.

I don’t know what people have with flavouring their water, I just drink it straight x)

@nika

“I don’t know what people have with flavouring their water, I just drink it straight ”

It’s probably a carryover from when I used to drink mixed drinks.

My favorite used to be carbonated water, and it would come in different fruit flavors.

Then carbonated water had something harmful from drinking it and I stopped.

➰

Off the reservation this weekend, drinking my former favorite flavored carbonated water.

Carbonated water seemed to have something harmful from drinking too much of it.

Still, it’s an interesting treat.

➰

One of my treats is a Coke Zero. I know it’s full of chemicals and such, but I enjoy the taste every now and then and it’s still zero carb / calorie.
    Besides, I drink 1 a week tops… shouldn’t be too bad πŸ˜›

Thanks for the tip AngeYorks! I used to drink my water with a straw but sometimes I am sick of drinking water alone. I recommend you to make infused water. It is very easy to make. You can use lemon, kiwi, watermelon and other fruits to add some taste.

I struggle to drink water also, even though it’s the only drink I ever drink. Sometimes I’m just too busy and I have to remind myself to drink. Even if I am at work and I have a glass of water sitting next to me, I always forget to drink it. I haven’t started the fast yet as I am going to start this following Monday, I am worried about 2 things; 1- that I don’t drink enough and wont lose the weight because of it, and 2- when I am hungry I find the more water I drink the more I feel sick therefore I wont drink to stop myself feeling sick.. Its an endless cycle!!

Anyone have any ideas? I might try the straw approach. I also apologise if no-one can understand my ranting…

Hi jessxxnguyen, you can try putting some lemon slices in you water with a sprig of mint or it’s lovely with a slice if cucumber, you can make up a jug of water with these in it and help yourself, it is very nice, I hope this may help

Hi countrygal, I don’t have a problem with the taste of water, I actually love water it’s just sometimes it makes me feel sick πŸ™

Freeze ice cubes of lemon, lime or with a little mint. Then when you pour your water add a little tasty cube. Makes adding a little zing very quick and easy and mo wasted fruit because you only needed a little squirt or single slice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.