Does fasting make Hashimotos worse?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Does fasting make Hashimotos worse?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• After reading Jason Fungs Obesity Code book I started seriously fasting in October last year.

After a month of daily 18/6 intermittent fasts, and a few 24 hour fasts I’d lost 8lbs! But was at this point feeling dreadful with fatigue, brain fog, bloating and aches and pains. I then had my TSH checked.

It had consistently stayed between 1.5 and 2.0 for four years on 50mg Levo daily (last test March 2017: TSH 2.0)

But in November 2017 it had inexplicably jumped to 5.8!?

My doctor upped my Levothyroxine to 75mg daily. I had a private thyroid blood test after 10 days of increased medication and found out I have Hashimotos. TPO at 340 and TSH had gone up further to 7.4

Four weeks later my TSH was back to 5.6 but the doctor increased the Levo to 100mg per day. Blood test due in 4 weeks to see if Im back to my old levels….

I don’t think it was the high fat low carb eating, but the fasting that caused the jump in my TSH. Im feeling better now, but have got 20lbs of extra lard I need to shift. I want to try 5:2 eating, but fear the same problem may occur…

Has anyone else had issues with fasting and their Thyroid?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.