Does all fatty foods are not bad for health?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Does all fatty foods are not bad for health?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Normally fat is considered to be bad for health and also there is a common perception among people that it will make you fat, but i have heard some fatty food are considered good for health, please suggest some fatty foods which are not that bad and have some health benefits?

Hi Grantsforcollege,

There are lots of different kinds of fats, and some are better for health than others. I like how the information is given here: http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefacts/food/fats.html

Basically, fats and oils have twice the number of calories as proteins and carbohydrates, so don’t have too much!

Enjoy the fats in olive oil, nuts and seeds and oily fish!

There is growing evidence that saturated fats (like on meat) aren’t as bad as we feared, but trans fats (in a lot of bought cakes and biscuits etc) are definitely not good!

We know now that lots of the ‘low fat’ food in supermarkets are actually full of added sugar, and we are usually better off having full fat milk and yoghurt etc.

Coconut oil is also considered a good fat. I just threw some in my coffee this morning in place of sugar. It’s higher in calories but NO SUGAR!

Good fats, although higher in calories per gram, do not produce an insulin response in your body, which is what causes your body to store fat cells and quit fat burning. So you can eat all you want (well, within reason!). They also make you feel more full.

Butter, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts (not peanuts, they make you gain weight a different way), and others

I’ve found good fats help satiate me for longer and so I don’t eat as much. Much of the brain is fat, so I think good fat helps our brains stay healthier. From my understanding inflammation can contribute greatly to coronary heart disease and susceptibility to stroke. From my further understanding, our body lines the arteries with the fat as a bandage or protective lining to help protect the lining of the artery walls from the inflammation. Inflammation can be caused by various factors including toxins floating through the blood stream (such as heavy metals like mercury) which can cause free radical damage by crashing into the artery walls to steal electrons which causes artery wall inflammation and/or weakness and can even leave a little nick or tear in the artery wall. The body, in its wisdom responds by applying a cholesterol bandage over the area to patch it up and protect it from further damage. If the inflammation continues unabated such as for example in cigarette smokers, the toxins constantly flowing through bloodstream tend to cause a chronic, systemic state of inflammation and in response the body will apply layer upon layer of the protective cholesterol lining. This then can result in pieces of the lining breaking off and creating blockage elsewhere such as in the heart or brain which can lead to heart attack and stroke. Since discovering this understanding of how the body uses fat, I’ve come to see cholesterol as not necessarily the bad guy, but a tool the body uses in its innate wisdom to address a deeper issue/problem. That’s my view, though I admit I’m not a doctor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.